PDA

View Full Version : Julius Erving switched his goat teams by mistake

90sgoat
04-28-2021, 08:27 AM
Dr. J is a class act, so the team he selected as first team was all his contemporaries, nice touch, but the real first team was the second team:

Magic
Jordan
Bird
Malone
Kareem

Those were the players he chose outside his contemporaries.

He is right too. Dr. J is an intelligent person and a class act.

Malone is the best power forward, Duncan is a center, he is right.

Smoke117
04-28-2021, 08:34 AM
Dr. J is a class act, so the team he selected as first team was all his contemporaries, nice touch, but the real first team was the second team:

Magic
Jordan
Bird
Malone
Kareem

Those were the players he chose outside his contemporaries.

He is right too. Dr. J is an intelligent person and a class act.

Malone is the best power forward, Duncan is a center, he is right.

Those guys aren't even his contemporaries he had on the first team. All those guys were basically done when he became a professional in 72. He basically picked players he grew up watching for his first team not players he was playing against.

90sgoat
04-28-2021, 10:13 AM
Those guys aren't even his contemporaries he had on the first team. All those guys were basically done when he became a professional in 72. He basically picked players he grew up watching for his first team not players he was playing against.

The point still stands. His first team was emotional and respecc, his second team was the one based on rationality.

SouBeachTalents
04-28-2021, 10:22 AM
Nope, that's always been his starting 5

From 2008

USA TODAY's Chris Colston asked Erving to select an all-time starting five and Erving replied, "My starting five was, is and always will be Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell, with Connie Hawkins coming off the bench as my sixth man to play guard, forward and center."

Erving's list is interesting for several reasons: (1) he omitted Michael Jordan, who many people consider to be the greatest player of all-time; (2) Hawkins is a Hall of Famer but does not appear on most lists of the five or 10 greatest players of all-time; (3) he never played a regular season game with or against any of those players (Erving faced Chamberlain, Hawkins and Robertson in 1972 in the second NBA-ABA All-Star Game).

http://20secondtimeout.blogspot.com/2008/07/julius-ervings-all-time-starting-five.html

Nice try acting like you know what he actually meant though :lol

LAmbruh
04-28-2021, 10:43 AM
Nope, that's always been his starting 5

From 2008

http://20secondtimeout.blogspot.com/2008/07/julius-ervings-all-time-starting-five.html

Nice try acting like you know what he actually meant though :lol
since day 1, class act from Julius :applause:

Duderonomy
04-28-2021, 10:53 AM
Even Julius recognizes Bron is a toxic , weak willed stat padder who jumps to stacked teams every 4 years .

Julius would have 4 rings too if he could hand pick his teams.

Johnny32
04-28-2021, 10:55 AM
lol @ desperately trying to switch his team to fit your pathetic agenda.

hateraid
04-28-2021, 12:37 PM
:oldlol:
A Jordanite trying to do damage control because Jordan isn't the best in someone's books. Lol. Classic.

Kblaze8855
04-28-2021, 04:33 PM
Outside his contemporaries? 3 of those are among his chief rivals. Bird was his nemesis.

RRR3
04-28-2021, 04:37 PM
Dr. J managed to piss off MJ, LeBron AND Kobe fans. Truly incredible.

pandiani17
04-28-2021, 04:41 PM
The same way some people here write only players of their generation when making their all-time lists, Dr. J did the same. It is funny, though, because if you built a time machine and went into the 90s people would be saying the exact same names when asked about the greatest players of all-time. There is nobody from the last 20 years.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-28-2021, 05:13 PM
LeBron won a championship playing point guard in 2020, he plays like a point guard, I'm going to go ahead and call him a point guard. Larry Bird would also be a power foward due to his lack of quickness and athleticism.

All time 5 if I was to throw them in this era:

PG - LeBron
SG - Jordan
SF - Kawhi
PF - Bird
C - Draymond Green

I'm not going to ruin the goat spacing of Jordan/kawhi/bird by throwing in a center who can't shoot and clogs the paint like Kareem/Shaq. While draymond was a good 3 point shooter during his 2016 peak and is better defensively/better passer then someone like Shaq.

Micku
04-28-2021, 05:14 PM
Meh.

He done this before. He said that his first team are the players he grow up with. I never heard his second team, but it seems like the second team are the players he personally played again.

It would've been a little different if he played in this era. Ppl in this era do the same thing. Every list is different and subjective. It's whatever.

You ever hear LeBron's top 3? I think it's MJ, Dr. J and Bird. No Kareem or Wilt lol

You ever hear KD? MJ 1a and Kobe 1b.

You ever hear Barkley? The Big O is in his top 10.

I think Kenny flip flopped. I think he said Kareem was his goat, but he probably mention MJ being the GOAT too at one part.

Players of today would probably have different 1st all nba too due to the players they played against. MJ got a different top 1st all nba than dr. J. He picks Hakeem for his center spot over Kareem.

It's whatever. Everyone knows that they can't beat this team:

PG: Curry
SG: MJ
SF LeBron
PF: Bird
C: Hakeem

hateraid
04-28-2021, 05:17 PM
Meh.

He done this before. He said that his first team are the players he grow up with. I never heard his second team, but it seems like the second team are the players he personally played again.

It would've been a little different if he played in this era. Ppl in this era do the same thing. Every list is different and subjective. It's whatever.

You ever hear LeBron's top 3? I think it's MJ, Dr. J and Bird. No Kareem or Wilt lol

You ever hear KD? MJ 1a and Kobe 1b.

You ever hear Barkley? The Big O is in his top 10.

I think Kenny flip flopped. I think he said Kareem was his goat, but he probably mention MJ being the GOAT too at one part.

Players of today would probably have different 1st all nba too due to the players they played against. MJ got a different top 1st all nba than dr. J. He picks Hakeem for his center spot over Kareem.

It's whatever. Everyone knows that they can't beat this team:

PG: Curry
SG: MJ
SF LeBron
PF: Bird
C: Hakeem

Yeah I can't get mad at Julius. His list is subjective to who he admires. All good
I just love how the Jordan stans are caught in a conundrum of Lebron being left off and MJ on the second team. The damage control is hilarious

FultzNationRISE
04-28-2021, 08:14 PM
Even Julius recognizes Bron is a toxic , weak willed stat padder who jumps to stacked teams every 4 years .

Julius would have 4 rings too if he could hand pick his teams.

I'm gonna need a word with you in my office.

NOW.