PDA

View Full Version : Wizards basketball is good stuff lately

insidehoops
04-28-2021, 09:56 PM
They're on a serious roll in the month of April. Fun to watch, winning a lot.

Currently 10th in the East, which would of course place them in the play-in tournament for the playoffs.

tontoz
04-28-2021, 10:05 PM
Yeah looks like a completely different team than the first two months of the season. Defense is night and day different.

They really should have beaten the Spurs a couple days ago but bad Russ showed up.

Tonight we got good Russ. Whenever he can limit his turnovers and jumpers he is a very effective player.

Axe
04-28-2021, 11:02 PM
Won 8x in a row. That's very good for a team that's just average imo.

Smoke117
04-28-2021, 11:05 PM
Nah, Westbrick is and always will be trash.

RRR3
04-28-2021, 11:07 PM
Yeah looks like a completely different team than the first two months of the season. Defense is night and day different.

They really should have beaten the Spurs a couple days ago but bad Russ showed up.

Tonight we got good Russ. Whenever he can limit his turnovers and jumpers he is a very effective player.
18 points on 16 shots is “good Russ”? Yikes he’s really fallen.

ShawkFactory
04-28-2021, 11:16 PM

It’s not about his efficiency. Did you even read what he said?

He had 14 assists to just 2 turnovers to go with the 18 boards. Only attempted three 3’s and just overall controlled the flow of the game.

Smoke117
04-28-2021, 11:20 PM
It’s not about his efficiency. Did you even read what he said?

He had 14 assists to just 2 turnovers to go with the 18 boards. Only attempted three 3’s and just overall controlled the flow of the game.

Just 2 to’s? Miracles do happen. :lol

BigShotBob
04-28-2021, 11:22 PM
Who gave this thread 1 stars?

Axe
04-28-2021, 11:41 PM
Walk on Eater. That's who.

Edit: should've been Walk on Water but whatever

tontoz
04-29-2021, 08:39 AM

I'll take only 9 missed shots from him every day.

Marchesk
04-29-2021, 08:55 AM
Nah, Westbrick is and always will be trash.

He'll end up in the HOF, and will soon pass Oscar Robertson for triple doubles all-time. He also had a finals game where he score 43 on the Heat.

fourkicks44
04-29-2021, 08:56 AM
https://youtu.be/-YiDxIiqevc
I dunno who this Hutchinson kid is but that was a nasty, underrated dunk.

There is some salty ass going around this board atm.

Some bitch ass Lakers fan no doubt :oldlol:

ralph_i_el
04-29-2021, 08:58 AM
The D has been a lot better ever since we got Gafford. It's not that he's really good, but he gives a ton of energy and lets Len and Lopez play less minutes. Each of those guys has strengths that are useful in bursts. Russ looks like he's totally energized the team. Beal has changed his body language entirely. It's been great to see.

I've criticized Russ as much as anyone, but he's clearly whipping these guys into shape. I have to give him credit. His attitude has been infectious. The Wiz are playing real physical all the sudden.

Smoke117
04-29-2021, 09:02 AM
He'll end up in the HOF, and will soon pass Oscar Robertson for triple doubles all-time. He also had a finals game where he score 43 on the Heat.

Nobody cares about triple doubles anymore and Westbrick chucked the Thunder out of that series vs the Heat. He had no business taking more shots and having a higher usage rate than Durant.

fourkicks44
04-29-2021, 09:07 AM
The D has been a lot better ever since we got Gafford. It's not that he's really good, but he gives a ton of energy and lets Len and Lopez play less minutes. Each of those guys has strengths that are useful in bursts. Russ looks like he's totally energized the team. Beal has changed his body language entirely. It's been great to see.

I've criticized Russ as much as anyone, but he's clearly whipping these guys into shape. I have to give him credit. His attitude has been infectious. The Wiz are playing real physical all the sudden.

I was high on Bryant. They actually looked like a legit playoff team for the brief period before he went down. The Bryant/Wagner/Lopez rotation was promising imho.

Been a rough season, covid really f"cked them for a considerable part of it but they are showing some of the promise we saw at the start of the season.

ralph_i_el
04-29-2021, 09:14 AM
I was high on Bryant. They actually looked like a legit playoff team for the brief period before he went down. The Bryant/Wagner/Lopez rotation was promising imho.

Been a rough season, covid really f"cked them for a considerable part of it but they are showing some of the promise we saw at the start of the season.

Agreed. We spent a lot of time really shallow on bigs this year.

Manny98
04-30-2021, 03:33 AM

Daniel Gafford has been a huge addition for the Wizards

Future DPOY candidate

pandiani17
04-30-2021, 07:45 AM
Feel happy for Westbrook. He has got a big heart and gives 100% every game.

tontoz
04-30-2021, 09:27 AM

Future DPOY candidate

Yeah he has been a game changer. We needed someone like him in the worst way.

imdaman99
04-30-2021, 10:06 AM

Future DPOY candidate

An athletic big that isn't falling to the floor every play like Robin Lopez :lol Gaff is legit, dunno why the Bulls gave up on him. I would prefer him over Vuc too. But I think Gaff is only valuable with players that break down defense. Aka someone like Westbrook and not Lavine or Coby White.

8Ball
04-30-2021, 10:41 AM
Feel happy for Westbrook. He has got a big heart and gives 100% every game.

I hope they make some noise in the playoffs.

tontoz
04-30-2021, 09:41 PM
Right now Beal and Russ are a combined 13-36 yet we are up almost 30 against the Cavs.:applause: