PDA

View Full Version : How come so many players that played both choose kobe over bron?

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 12:12 AM
Not scrubs either. Good players. Here's a video i saw today https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MApdrPI-128. I remember jim jackson and other players saying something similar. Why the disconnect between what most fans think and what actual players that played both think? I think it's crazy close but i have bron over kobe also although i get a feeling if they match up in their primes in the finals kobe would get the better of bron. I just feel kobe would be out to prove a point more and be extra motivated where bron would more or less go through the motions but it's just a feeling based on the eye test who knows really.

Manny98
04-29-2021, 12:18 AM
Most of the previous guys pick Kobe but most of the current generation, Luka,Giannis, Trae guys like that pick Lebron

I see it as a generation thing.

RRR3
04-29-2021, 12:19 AM
Bro who the **** names their account after Bron and does nothing but undermine him? Shut up Kobe isn’t close to LeBron you’re an idiot for thinking it’s still a debate and LeBron literally almost always outplayed him head to head.

TheCorporation
04-29-2021, 12:20 AM
Kobe is closer to MJ than LBJ, which is a sleight against MJ

No one is close to LBJ

/thread

FultzNationRISE
04-29-2021, 12:23 AM
People tend to be respectful of seniority. When things are compared, extra weight is often given to whichever “came first” even if it isnt relevant to respective quality.

Also in Lebron’s case, he’s only ever been compared while still active, obviously because he hasnt retired yet. So people always have an out for changing their answer at a later time. If you say hes already better than someone who’s retired, you cant really ever justify changing your answer. So it’s less committal to say Kobe, or MJ, or whomever.

And in truth, there’s a lot of resentment toward Lebron about the girth of his unit. Guys dont wanna admit hes “got it goin on.” So they try to downplay his legacy as a genital giant. It’s unfortunate, but thats life.

mehyaM24
04-29-2021, 12:24 AM
Most of the previous guys pick Kobe but most of the current generation, Luka,Giannis, Trae guys like that pick Lebron

I see it as a generation thing.

depends. i know tatum\giannis\kyrie\durant etc. all say kobe was better. what i think it comes down to is kobe's skill level. like if you play the game you understand how difficult it is to be THAT skilled. don't think kobe was better personally, but of course i understand it from a baller's perspective. jim jackson and nick wright had a heated argument about this years back lol

RRR3
04-29-2021, 12:30 AM
depends. i know tatum\giannis\kyrie\durant etc. all say kobe was better. what i think it comes down to is kobe's skill level. like if you play the game you understand how difficult it is to be THAT skilled. don't think kobe was better personally, but of course i understand it from a baller's perspective. jim jackson and nick wright had a heated argument about this years back lol
What the **** are you talking about Giannis doesn’t think Kobe is better. https://www.eurohoops.net/en/giannis-antetokounmpo/622318/giannis-lebron-goat-least-second-best-ever/amp/

mehyaM24
04-29-2021, 12:40 AM
What the **** are you talking about Giannis doesn’t think Kobe is better. https://www.eurohoops.net/en/giannis-antetokounmpo/622318/giannis-lebron-goat-least-second-best-ever/amp/

https://lakersdaily.com/giannis-antetokounmpo-lebron-james-kobe-bryant-on-top-players-list/

he ranked lebron, mj and kobe top 3 last year. so close enough. you sound emotional and are missing the point.. there are players from EVERY ERA who believe kobe is better - and its because of his skill. that is the answer to op.

dankok8
04-29-2021, 12:43 AM
Because players aren't so stats oriented and just look at what they do on the court. I've heard many former players say Iverson is one of the best they've ever seen while nowadays I think AI might not make the top 100 on a lot of lists.

Axe
04-29-2021, 12:52 AM
Is it because he has one more ring or something like that?

RRR3
04-29-2021, 12:53 AM
https://lakersdaily.com/giannis-antetokounmpo-lebron-james-kobe-bryant-on-top-players-list/

he ranked lebron, mj and kobe top 3 last year. so close enough. you sound emotional and are missing the point.. there are players from EVERY ERA who believe kobe is better - and its because of his skill. that is the answer to op.
I don’t like posters who pretend to be fans of players like OP. It’s lame as ****.

mehyaM24
04-29-2021, 01:00 AM
I don’t like posters who pretend to be fans of players like OP. It’s lame as ****.

i never thought op was a lebron fan lol. the threads i engage with him in, he comes across as a mj guy. lebron>kobe imo because of impact and playoff/finals play. to me that is obvious, but i also understand there are pros with a different perspective. they don't weigh stats as heavily, and rely more on skill.

RRR3
04-29-2021, 01:08 AM
i never thought op was a lebron fan lol. the threads i engage with him in, he comes across as a mj guy. lebron>kobe imo because of impact and playoff/finals play. to me that is obvious, but i also understand there are pros with a different perspective. they don't weigh stats as heavily, and rely more on skill.
He claims he is and he named his account after him but most threads he starts about LeBron have an anti LeBron tinge. Just a very weird person.

coastalmarker99
04-29-2021, 02:05 AM
It's because Kobe's now dead and they don't want to disrespect his legacy as a basketball player.

It's well known almost everyone gains more appreciation for someone when they are no longer here to defend themselves and their legacy.

Think about it if they did a Kobe Shaq nowadays documentary nowadays do you know how awkward would it be for Shaq and others to say they hated Kobe who is now in a grave along with his daughter.

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 11:16 AM
Bro who the **** names their account after Bron and does nothing but undermine him? Shut up Kobe isn’t close to LeBron you’re an idiot for thinking it’s still a debate and LeBron literally almost always outplayed him head to head.

Relax dude it's just a question. Nothing to get but hurt over although your fakkit ass is probably used to it:facepalm

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 11:18 AM
It's because Kobe's now dead and they don't want to disrespect his legacy as a basketball player.

It's well known almost everyone gains more appreciation for someone when they are no longer here to defend themselves and their legacy.

Think about it if they did a Kobe Shaq nowadays documentary nowadays do you know how awkward would it be for Shaq and others to say they hated Kobe who is now in a grave along with his daughter.

Nah most of these dudes said this when kobe was still alive. Kobe was older though so i could see it as a respect thing i guess

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 11:24 AM
He claims he is and he named his account after him but most threads he starts about LeBron have an anti LeBron tinge. Just a very weird person.

No dummy it's just a user name. When i joined here i had to chose a name and bron was my favorite relevant player at the time. That said i Don't love other grown men who in all likelihood would want nothing to do with me like you and most fans do so i have no problems being honest about him. I do the same with mj i just think mj is better so i Don't do it as much. I rarely do it with kobe because his fans for the most have seem to concede that bron and mj are better so there not as annoying on hereso there's nothing to argue really.

Plus facts bother bron stans so much it's kind of fun watching yall meltdown.

RRR3
04-29-2021, 11:50 AM
“LeBron was my favorite active player when I joined ISH”

https://i.ibb.co/gDFV7Pb/A7-FB62-C9-396-A-46-F5-AFAC-BCE941-C04-F95.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/wdHW2cd/4-D56827-A-8197-4754-98-CF-D279-D10-AF205.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/Mg2nM5v/CB03-CC9-E-E0-EC-4-D14-A85-A-4-BF2-DA546-E10.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/MZ4BBZt/F88-BA640-81-AB-486-C-9-E21-F28-A721172-A0.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/c1T2ZX6/7-A219874-98-BF-4421-95-A4-1-D6-E7394-C637.jpg

mehyaM24
04-29-2021, 11:56 AM
damn. whose a better P.I warriorfan or r3? lol

Hey Yo
04-29-2021, 12:03 PM
Not scrubs either. Good players. Here's a video i saw today https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MApdrPI-128. I remember jim jackson and other players saying something similar. Why the disconnect between what most fans think and what actual players that played both think? I think it's crazy close but i have bron over kobe also although i get a feeling if they match up in their primes in the finals kobe would get the better of bron. I just feel kobe would be out to prove a point more and be extra motivated where bron would more or less go through the motions but it's just a feeling based on the eye test who knows really.
He tried that in the 2004 Finals and lost.... ended up being the biggest upset in Finals history.

RRR3
04-29-2021, 12:17 PM
damn. whose a better P.I warriorfan or r3? lol
Bro you literally just sort by thread starter anyone can do it.

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 12:23 PM
“LeBron was my favorite active player when I joined ISH”

https://i.ibb.co/gDFV7Pb/A7-FB62-C9-396-A-46-F5-AFAC-BCE941-C04-F95.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/wdHW2cd/4-D56827-A-8197-4754-98-CF-D279-D10-AF205.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/Mg2nM5v/CB03-CC9-E-E0-EC-4-D14-A85-A-4-BF2-DA546-E10.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/MZ4BBZt/F88-BA640-81-AB-486-C-9-E21-F28-A721172-A0.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/c1T2ZX6/7-A219874-98-BF-4421-95-A4-1-D6-E7394-C637.jpg

most of it has very little to do with lebron. It's his insane stans who are annoying and that's why i make some bron threads. Again it's not bron that sucks it's his stans like you. You make it so damn easy

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 12:30 PM
He tried that in the 2004 Finals and lost.... ended up being the biggest upset in Finals history.

What atg was he motivated to play against on the pistons?

RRR3
04-29-2021, 12:33 PM
“Bron is my favorite player I just hate his fans”

:yaohappy:

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 12:35 PM
Bro you literally just sort by thread starter anyone can do it.

That's not his point dummy. Sure anyone can do it but who actually cares enough to do it. It's all good though it's clear your a little touched. RRRRRRRRRR3 is so dumb he even stutters when he writes:facepalm

RRR3
04-29-2021, 12:47 PM
That's not his point dummy. Sure anyone can do it but who actually cares enough to do it. It's all good though it's clear your a little touched. RRRRRRRRRR3 is so dumb he even stutters when he writes:facepalm
I don’t stutter when I write what are you even talking about? We all know you’re really slow but this is inane even for you.

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 12:48 PM
I don’t stutter when I write what are you even talking about? We all know you’re really slow but this is inane even for you.

Ok RRRRRRRRRRR3 whatever u say

Hey Yo
04-29-2021, 12:55 PM
What atg was he motivated to play against on the pistons?

The FMVP award.

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 12:58 PM
The FMVP award.

Fair enough lol

RRR3
04-29-2021, 01:00 PM
Duh hyuk ga-durrrrrrr!!!!
:lol

Bankaii
04-29-2021, 01:04 PM
What’s up with all these “Lebron” accounts that dislike lebron lol? It’s so weird.
But this thread is trash. Lebron is better than Kobe. It’s not even a conversation anymore.

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 01:14 PM
What’s up with all these “Lebron” accounts that dislike lebron lol? It’s so weird.
But this thread is trash. Lebron is better than Kobe. It’s not even a conversation anymore.

Well accept among people who actually played the game and played against both but what in the hell do they know:facepalm

RRR3
04-29-2021, 01:28 PM
Well accept among people who actually played the game and played against both but what in the hell do they know:facepalm
:roll: :roll:

And LeBron is factually better than Kobe. Opinions are irrelevant when there’s data that proves LeBron is more impactful.

RRR3
04-29-2021, 01:30 PM
OP thinks pretending to be a LeBron fan will give him more credibility as he obsessively hates on LeBron. Literally no LeBron fan EVER thinks Kobe is debatable with him. I’ve NEVER seen a LeBron fan say that :lol. But op expects us to believe he likes Bron. Sure.

tpols
04-29-2021, 01:45 PM
Players respect Kobe because he was a far bigger threat on the basketball court. Back when their primes overlapped Kobe was the one leading the championship teams, and LeBron was the one being upset with HCA every year.

Nilocon165
04-29-2021, 01:49 PM
Kinda worried that anyone on this forum is over the age of 20

Lebron23
04-29-2021, 01:52 PM
The Kobe and LeBron debate ended when LeBron won his 3rd finals MVP in 2016. And LeBron is also 16-6 vs Kobe in their head to head matchup.

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 02:00 PM
OP thinks pretending to be a LeBron fan will give him more credibility as he obsessively hates on LeBron. Literally no LeBron fan EVER thinks Kobe is debatable with him. I’ve NEVER seen a LeBron fan say that :lol. But op expects us to believe he likes Bron. Sure.

First off most bron stans are known to be among the most wack fans there is so not sure how that would give me more credibility.

And I've defended bron countless times on here and have said he's a top 5 atg. I don't do goats because it's dumb but i do have bron slightly behind mj. I have no issue with anyone putting kareem, russell or magic ahead of either player. Even guys like kobe, shaq and duncan have a case but it's not as strong obviously. I've also said I think bron ties mj with 5 Chips which he most likely gets this year. He passes mj with 6.

According to you this means i hate bron but l clearly don't hate him i just like serving facts to his delusional stans.

I've nevet seen so many people get so upset with facts:facepalm

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 02:01 PM
The Kobe and LeBron debate ended when LeBron won his 3rd finals MVP in 2016. And LeBron is also 16-6 vs Kobe in their head to head matchup.

So more fmvp's means better? That means mj>bron?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-29-2021, 02:20 PM
Bron is better and proved that in 16, I think.

Because of analytics, there is definitely a disconnect between fans and players. Plenty of players rank Bron over Kobe though. Some got dude up there as the greatest.

SouBeachTalents
04-29-2021, 02:23 PM
The craziest thing about this debate is there's not a single metric where Kobe has an advantage. LeBron leads him in ppg, apg, rpg, spg, bpg, efficiency and every advanced metric in the regular season, playoffs & Finals. Add on LeBron surpassing him in All-NBA Teams and a whopping 8-3 MVP advantage, it's as decisive as it gets

Bankaii
04-29-2021, 02:26 PM
Not a lot tbh. Coach Pop has never played professional basketball. Are you taking JR Smith’s opinion over his?
This notion that just because a player says it makes it more validated is so retarded. MJ is the GOAT and his player talent analysis is terrible.

None of this changes the fact that you brought up a topic that has been discussed numerous times, strictly because you want to tear down lebron. It’s just weird.

tpols
04-29-2021, 02:28 PM
The craziest thing about this debate is there's not a single metric where Kobe has an advantage. LeBron leads him in ppg, apg, rpg, spg, bpg, efficiency and every advanced metric in the regular season, playoffs & Finals. Add on LeBron surpassing him in All-NBA Teams and a whopping 8-3 MVP advantage, it's as decisive as it gets

You forgot the most important one.

Rings.

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 02:31 PM

Right that's why i asked the question. It's not like I'm saying kobe is better. I think bron is better also. Why the disconnect between fans and players? What are they seeing that we aren't?

SouBeachTalents
04-29-2021, 02:32 PM
You forgot the most important one.

Rings.
Well, that's a very slippery slope where you'd have to concede Pippen, Havlicek & Sam Jones are better than Kobe

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 02:33 PM
Not a lot tbh. Coach Pop has never played professional basketball. Are you taking JR Smith’s opinion over his?
This notion that just because a player says it makes it more validated is so retarded. MJ is the GOAT and his player talent analysis is terrible.

None of this changes the fact that you brought up a topic that has been discussed numerous times, strictly because you want to tear down lebron. It’s just weird.

No but greg pop is one of the greatest coaches and minds ever. Are you actually comparing fans with greg pop?

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 02:36 PM
Well, that's a very slippery slope where you'd have to concede Pippen, Havlicek & Sam Jones are better than Kobe

I think rings are a factor but you have to have the stats and accolades to go with it. Eye test matters to and i think this is where kobe shines. Problem is eye test can be biased so it's not as reliable. I think when u look at all the criteria brons 4th ring put him over kobe.

tpols
04-29-2021, 02:38 PM

Don't troll me baby boy. I'm bulletproof to trollin'.

None of those guys were best players in the world like Kobe was.

https://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2183379/kobereturns.gif

SouBeachTalents
04-29-2021, 02:40 PM

Alright, you want one clear cut sidekick ring to override the literal across the board advantage LeBron has, so be it :lol You do you bro

RRR3
04-29-2021, 03:16 PM

Kobe was the best player in the world for exactly zero of his rings so weird take.

mehyaM24
04-29-2021, 03:26 PM
Right that's why i asked the question. It's not like I'm saying kobe is better. I think bron is better also. Why the disconnect between fans and players? What are they seeing that we aren't?

its purely skill dude. kobe never saw a shot he didn't like, and when you combine that with his production, which was also elite, you get your answer. kobe's play resonated with certain types. especially players who are obsessed with improving.

2much_knowledge
04-29-2021, 03:39 PM
No need to go back and forth. Lebron is more complete and more willing to make the right play

Kobe was more skilled, lethal and liked to play hero ball more

The things that separates them more are loyalty and toughness. Raja bell clotheslines kobe, gets up smiling and shuts up the crowd. Lebron gets hit by Tristan Thompson, hold his mouth, folds and slides 10 feet. Kobe sank 2 free throws with a broken achilles and walks back. Lebron can't play cause the a.c ain't working and gets carried

tpols
04-29-2021, 03:51 PM
Kobe was the best player in the world for exactly zero of his rings so weird take.

Comprende ese?

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 03:52 PM
its purely skill dude. kobe never saw a shot he didn't like, and when you combine that with his production, which was also elite, you get your answer. kobe's play resonated with certain types. especially players who are obsessed with improving.

Yeah i agree this is mostly the reason. Good take

ArbitraryWater
04-29-2021, 03:52 PM
you say this like there's more players picking kobe over bron, there isnt.

as for the ones that do, they either grew up idolizing kobe or spent time in the league during kobe's prime and thus idolize their era over the one that followed.

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 03:58 PM
No need to go back and forth. Lebron is more complete and more willing to make the right play

Kobe was more skilled, lethal and liked to play hero ball more

The things that separates them more are loyalty and toughness. Raja bell clotheslines kobe, gets up smiling and shuts up the crowd. Lebron gets hit by Tristan Thompson, hold his mouth, folds and slides 10 feet. Kobe sank 2 free throws with a broken achilles and walks back. Lebron can't play cause the a.c ain't working and gets carried

Yeah toughness is definitely a factor. I don't know about the skill part. I agree kobe is more skilled scoring wise but there's other skills in basketball that bron was probably better at like passing, rebounding and defense. Maybe rebounding and defense are looked at as more of an instinct rather than a skill though so who knows.

I also think the right play isn't always accurate. It's not always the right play to pass to an open man. Sometimes that open man is open for a reason. There's been time when bron should of shot instead of giving it up but in general yeah i agree he makes the right play more often than not.

Bronbron23
04-29-2021, 04:03 PM
you say this like there's more players picking kobe over bron, there isnt.

as for the ones that do, they either grew up idolizing kobe or spent time in the league during kobe's prime and thus idolize their era over the one that followed.

Don't think i said more just said theres alot. I partly disagree with the idolizing part. Alot of them are guys who came up around the same time as kobe. There are some in this generation that probably do that though. That could definitely be the case for guys like kyrie and Jason tatum who looked up to kobe and even got some pointers from him.

2much_knowledge
04-29-2021, 05:18 PM
Yeah toughness is definitely a factor. I don't know about the skill part. I agree kobe is more skilled scoring wise but there's other skills in basketball that bron was probably better at like passing, rebounding and defense. Maybe rebounding and defense are looked at as more of an instinct rather than a skill though so who knows.

I also think the right play isn't always accurate. It's not always the right play to pass to an open man. Sometimes that open man is open for a reason. There's been time when bron should of shot instead of giving it up but in general yeah i agree he makes the right play more often than not.

Got it! I don't agree about all points but i can see what you are saying too

Ainosterhaspie
04-29-2021, 06:09 PM
Kobe had attitude LeBron didn't. That attitude resonates. Even in losses, even if it caused losses it just seemed so right that they don't hold it against him and those times he won validated the attitude. At its core it's about confirmation bias. His flaws slip the mind because he looked so right even in failure.

Kobe would sink a heavily contested three. For a player ehobwas defending tightly to have it come to nothing that's got to sting, and LeBron wouldn't beat you like that. He dribbles by and you bounce off and don't get quite the same "how the hell did he do that vibe". Doesn't matter if LeBron's getting more points more efficiently, it doesn't hit you the same way.

LBJFTW
04-29-2021, 06:20 PM
Big lebron fan here but hard to combat the solid logic that’s been provided by posters like kenny and justin over the years. I think once they converted 90% of this board into acknowledging kobe > LBJ, they moved on.

tpols
04-29-2021, 09:53 PM
Big lebron fan here but hard to combat the solid logic that’s been provided by posters like kenny and justin over the years. I think once they converted 90% of this board into acknowledging kobe > LBJ, they moved on.

They ascended to basketball nirvana... a higher plane of understanding. Meanwhile 3ball is stuck in MJ purgatory forever. :lol

Smoke117
04-29-2021, 10:04 PM
2000s era players are some of the lowest bbiq era players in NBA history. That’s why.