PDA

View Full Version : How would a NBA team that lost 4 straight finals like the 90's Bills be viewed.

coastalmarker99
04-29-2021, 08:24 AM
Would they get ruthlessly mocked for coming up short 4 straight times in the finals or would people instead over time start to appreciate the feat of a team making it to 4 straight finals in the modern era?

Personally, I have always respected the 1990's Bills as despite suffering some of the heartbreaking losses ever in the history of American sports they somehow found the willpower and mental strength as a team to go all the way up the mountain again for another try at it before falling back down again and again.

So I would personally have a lot of respect for an NBA team that had the mental strength to keep making it back into the Nba finals each year despite the fact they would be coming up short all the time to the other team in the finals.

Smoke117
04-29-2021, 08:26 AM
Would they get ruthlessly mocked for coming up short 4 straight times in the finals or would people instead over time start to appreciate the feat of a team making it to 4 straight finals in the modern era?

Personally, I have always respected the 1990's Bills as despite suffering some of the heartbreaking losses ever in the history of American sports they somehow found the willpower and mental strength as a team to go all the way up the mountain again for another try at it before falling back down again and again.

So I would personally have a lot of respect for an NBA team that had the mental strength to keep making it back into the Nba finals each year despite the fact they would be coming up short all the time to the other team in the finals.

Obviously. lol

Axe
04-29-2021, 08:31 AM
Were the west lakers in the 60s clowned heavily for losing all of their six trips to the finals during the said era?

I don't think so.

Smoke117
04-29-2021, 08:33 AM
Were the west lakers in 60s clowned for losing all of their six finals trips during the said era?

I don't think so.

Yes, because bringing up the 60s makes a lot of sense compared to modern times and technology.

Axe
04-29-2021, 08:37 AM
Yes, because bringing up the 60s makes a lot of sense compared to modern times and technology.
Wines or any other liquor back then must be so cheap too compared to nowadays, don't you think so? Unfortunately, inflation had to tell 'hold my beer'.