PDA

View Full Version : KD 42 points 16-24, 10 assists

StrongLurk
04-29-2021, 10:12 PM
Nets have the 1 seed out East and their big three have only played 8 games together. KD is literally barely playing this year, yet he is about to steamroll his way to his 3rd ring/3rd FMVP. Honestly think the Clippers have the best chance of beating the Nets...but it's still slim.

imdaman99
04-29-2021, 10:14 PM
Nope, Harden gonna win Finals MVP. If KD is a good teammate, he'll allow it.

Axe
04-29-2021, 10:14 PM
Who will they be facing in the first round?

StrongLurk
04-29-2021, 10:17 PM

It's not the ring Harden wanted. He won't be the lead dog in the playoffs, especially in the finals.

KD is gonna do exactly what he did in GS and put up something crazy like 33/9/5 on 65 TS% in the finals...FMVP.

Of course, he'll easily have the worst legacy out of anyone in the top 15 of all time, but KD doesn't care. He wanted to make it to the finals and perform on the highest stage more than anything.

Of course things will look real bad for Lebron if he loses to KD (3 times) and Kyrie in the finals, even though this Nets team is definitely more stacked than the Lakers.

imdaman99
04-29-2021, 10:18 PM
Who will they be facing in the first round?

If the NBA allows it, the Wiz.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/urSRtTWhCyJOkhjc8q/giphy.gif

Axe
04-29-2021, 10:22 PM
If the NBA allows it, the Wiz.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/urSRtTWhCyJOkhjc8q/giphy.gif
:cheers:

Micku
04-29-2021, 10:24 PM
It's over man. I'm tellin ya. Unless there is an injury, it's over.

Either that or just hope cuz they haven't played together that much that they are gonn'a screw up by time the POs.

SouBeachTalents
04-29-2021, 10:28 PM
No team will have ever entered the playoffs with as little experience playing together as the Nets. As you said, 8 games together for the big 3 and they might not play another one the rest of the season.

They very well could steamroll their way to the title, but having virtually zero in game experience together would be at least a little bit troubling to me. I think back on how dreadful the big 3 Heat were their first month together, and how they really needed that first season to work out their flaws and learn to mesh together.

Just the fact they've barely played together makes them too big of a mystery to really know how they'll look in the playoffs. Their talent and unprecedented firepower could make them a juggernaut, but their lack of playing time together, bad defense and the frailty of their stars are some potentially significant issues

Axe
04-29-2021, 10:32 PM
What about steve nash?

Stanley Kobrick
04-29-2021, 10:35 PM
i can see Harden getting it with his playmaking. i'm personally pushing for the push™

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-29-2021, 10:56 PM

Harden aint a big time player. Its known.

We already saw babyboi outplayed by Mario Chalmers in an NBA finals.

StrongLurk
04-29-2021, 10:57 PM
No team will have ever entered the playoffs with as little experience playing together as the Nets. As you said, 8 games together for the big 3 and they might not play another one the rest of the season.

They very well could steamroll their way to the title, but having virtually zero in game experience together would be at least a little bit troubling to me. I think back on how dreadful the big 3 Heat were their first month together, and how they really needed that first season to work out their flaws and learn to mesh together.

Just the fact they've barely played together makes them too big of a mystery to really know how they'll look in the playoffs. Their talent and unprecedented firepower could make them a juggernaut, but their lack of playing time together, bad defense and the frailty of their stars are some potentially significant issues

The Nets big 3 is better than the Heat 2011 big 3. The 2011 Heat legit had a bunch of g-leaguers playing outside of their big 3 since Haslem and Mike Miller were injured for most of the year. Meanwhile, the Nets have Joe Harris who is the best volume 3 point shooter in the league and Blake Griffin, along with solid role players. Yeah the Nets have shitty defense compared to the 2011 Heat, but both teams were shitty at rebounding.

Honestly, this 2021 Nets team is > 2011 Heat by overall talent, AND KD isn't going to be choking in the finals like 2011 LBJ did.

Smoke117
04-29-2021, 10:58 PM
Suns will sweep the Nets.

LoneyROY7
04-29-2021, 10:59 PM

You're gonna be so shook if Harden wins FMVP. :oldlol:

Smoke117
04-29-2021, 11:00 PM

:roll: :roll:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-29-2021, 11:02 PM
You're gonna be so shook if Harden wins FMVP. :oldlol:

A championship as the best player on a team after an achilles injury would put this comeback for KD only behind Adrian Petersons MVP season post ACL surgery for historic athletic comebacks

If anyone is stealing FMVP from KD its Kyrie.

LoneyROY7
04-29-2021, 11:07 PM
A championship as the best player on a team after an achilles injury would put this comeback for KD only behind Adrian Petersons MVP season post ACL surgery for historic athletic comebacks

If anyone is stealing FMVP from KD its Kyrie.

No one gives a shit about a "historic" comeback, bud.

imdaman99
04-29-2021, 11:13 PM
No one gives a shit about a "historic" comeback, bud.

:lol so true. KD was boring af and now has a forced villainous personality. He's a great player but damn is he so cringe.

Harden is their most important player, so he's the favorite to be MVP. He's a good teammate so he might let KD win finals MVP, but I hope he doesn't.

hold this L
04-29-2021, 11:13 PM
I feel like this is the question, does Harden or KD win the FMVP? I still don't know how that POS GM from the Rockets hasn't been put in jail for making that deal.

Axe
04-29-2021, 11:44 PM
I feel like this is the question, does Harden or KD win the FMVP? I still don't know how that POS GM from the Rockets hasn't been put in jail for making that deal.
Fuming.

highwhey
04-29-2021, 11:57 PM
KD is a good player.

JohnMax
04-30-2021, 12:02 AM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=HBQ2mjkvYY8

hold this L
04-30-2021, 01:01 AM
Fuming.
When I heard the deal, I definitely got triggered. It made no sense. Usually you lose all your depth for a move like that, but they still managed to keep a lot of their important players. I don't see anyone stopping this team. The fact they're rolling teams over when even just 1/3, regardless of who plays shows how amazing they are.

Axe
04-30-2021, 01:07 AM
When I heard the deal, I definitely got triggered. It made no sense. Usually you lose all your depth for a move like that, but they still managed to keep a lot of their important players. I don't see anyone stopping this team. The fact they're rolling teams over when even just 1/3, regardless of who plays shows how amazing they are.
Sure but morey wasn't their gm anymore when that happened. And harden was really hellbent on getting out of the western conference during that time anyway so at least he finally got what he wanted last january. Also just because the nets are friggin' stacked rn doesn't mean they are the instant champions already and especially they've lost some games to average teams. Remember, harden and kd are both above 30 y.o. as well, with the latter coming back from his injury after one whole season of absence.

dankok8
04-30-2021, 12:37 PM
I don't understand where this "Nets are rolling over teams..." is coming from. They are 7th in SRS with +4.38. Sure that's a solid number but I'm not seeing some kind of juggernaut. Maybe at full strength they will be amazing offensively... probably. They are 1st in ORtg as is. Still I don't see this team winning title this year 25th in DRtg and with all their health issues. I wouldn't be that shocked if they lost to the Heat or something in 6 games in the first round.

And1AllDay
05-07-2021, 10:24 PM
Nets have the 1 seed out East and their big three have only played 8 games together. KD is literally barely playing this year, yet he is about to steamroll his way to his 3rd ring/3rd FMVP. Honestly think the Clippers have the best chance of beating the Nets...but it's still slim.

:crazysam:

hold this L
05-07-2021, 10:55 PM
I don't understand where this "Nets are rolling over teams..." is coming from. They are 7th in SRS with +4.38. Sure that's a solid number but I'm not seeing some kind of juggernaut. Maybe at full strength they will be amazing offensively... probably. They are 1st in ORtg as is. Still I don't see this team winning title this year 25th in DRtg and with all their health issues. I wouldn't be that shocked if they lost to the Heat or something in 6 games in the first round.
That's because their main 3 haven't played, or in particular Harden has not played. The stats that have come out show that the Nets choke 4th Q games when they're close regularly unless Harden plays shockingly enough, when he's known as the choker and the other two as closers. He's going to be back very soon.