PDA

View Full Version : How come bron never got really efficient until after the 2000's?

Bronbron23
04-30-2021, 09:09 PM
During the 2000's he shot 47% in the reg season and 46% in the post season. During the 2010's he shot well over 50% in both. What was the difference?

aj1987
04-30-2021, 09:12 PM
During the 2000's he shot 47% in the reg season and 46% in the post season. During the 2010's he shot well over 50% in both. What was the difference?
He pretty much improved his shooting percentage every single season. That's how a player usually progresses.

LeBron in this third season had a higher TS% than '87 and '93 Jordan.

You really need to quit these autistic threads.

Johnny32
04-30-2021, 09:14 PM
why did jordan never crack 50% after the 92 season? from 54% at 25 to 49% at 29. what was the difference?

light
04-30-2021, 09:19 PM

It's called learning and improving. He was figuring things out and improved his FG% in 7 consecutive seasons until he was shooting 56.7% in 2014 (which he accomplished while taking over 300 threes that season).

A guy like Kobe Bryant could never figure out how to shoot better than 46.9% - even when Kobe only took 130 threes that season, which is not a lot, he still could only manage 46.9%. Even when Kobe had 20 years to figure it out he still had no idea how to make the majority of his shots.

LeBron is just very smart and very good.

Manny98
04-30-2021, 09:26 PM
He improved his jumpshot?

Is this supposed to be a trick question Im confused of the point of this thread

RRR3
04-30-2021, 09:26 PM
Another LeBron thread. Poor OP :(

mehyaM24
04-30-2021, 09:35 PM
for that era, those numbers are actually efficient. and in 09, just before 10, lebron had arguably his greatest statistical year. shot 51% in the playoffs too. he continued to get better each year because he was entering his prime.

Bronbron23
04-30-2021, 09:46 PM
He pretty much improved his shooting percentage every single season. That's how a player usually progresses.

LeBron in this third season had a higher TS% than '87 and '93 Jordan.

You really need to quit these autistic threads.

Well as a point/foward bron picks his spots more offensively plus fowards and ceters are usually more efficient than shooting gaurds because of the nature of how they score so he's gonna be a bit more efficient. Mj was a shooting guard who's role was to be a volume scorer. We've seen how brons efficiency drops when he has to be a volume shooter. He himself has commented how it's not his cup of tea.

But that's fine bron is more efficient whatever it's all good. I don't even disagree with your comment. Your right players obviously get better and progress every year and this is why his efficiency wasn't as good his first 3 years.

So my question to you and any bron stan is knowing this obvious fact why do yall bring up 1-9 in jordans first 3 years?

Bronbron23
04-30-2021, 09:48 PM
It's called learning and improving. He was figuring things out and improved his FG% in 7 consecutive seasons until he was shooting 56.7% in 2014 (which he accomplished while taking over 300 threes that season).

A guy like Kobe Bryant could never figure out how to shoot better than 46.9% - even when Kobe only took 130 threes that season, which is not a lot, he still could only manage 46.9%. Even when Kobe had 20 years to figure it out he still had no idea how to make the majority of his shots.

LeBron is just very smart and very good.

Agreed he got a bit older and better. Of course that's why. So knowing this why do bron stans bring up 1-9 in mj's first 3 years?

Bronbron23
04-30-2021, 09:49 PM
He improved his jumpshot?

Is this supposed to be a trick question Im confused of the point of this thread

Yeah sort of lol. Your right though he improved just like mj so 1-9 busted right:confusedshrug:

Bronbron23
04-30-2021, 09:52 PM
Another LeBron thread. Poor OP :(

Weeeeeell it's more of a dumb bron stan thread to expose yall b.s.

Bron is cool yall some hypocritical idiots.

aj1987
04-30-2021, 09:55 PM
Well as a point/foward bron picks his spots more offensively plus fowards and ceters are usually more efficient than shooting gaurds because of the nature of how they score so he's gonna be a bit more efficient. Mj was a shooting guard who's role was to be a volume scorer. We've seen how brons efficiency drops when he has to be a volume shooter. He himself has commented how it's not his cup of tea.

But that's fine bron is more efficient whatever it's all good. I don't even disagree with your comment. Your right players obviously get better and progress every year and this is why his efficiency wasn't as good his first 3 years.

So my question to you and any bron stan is knowing this obvious fact why do yall bring up 1-9 in jordans first 3 years?

Good lord, you're 3ball lite.

I'm not gonna call you names or question your intelligence (the lack of it). I'm just gonna assume that you've been living under a rock. So here I go. LeBron doesn't play like a typical F. Till 2010, LeBron took 21 shots a game. Michael Jordan took 23 shots a game till '98. So yeah, it's only a two shot difference between the both.

As for the bolded, LeBron had a 56.8% TS% in his third season. That's more efficient than '87 and '93 MJ.

1-9 is brought up because it's a FACT. MJ never having a RS winning record in his career without Pippen is also a FACT. If you aren't particularly fond of facts, I'm not someone you should be conversing with.

I really don't get the point of this thread. You're just shouting out that you have no idea how career progression works, in respect to players entering their primes/peaks.

As I said, just let go of this alt and quit posting.

mehyaM24
04-30-2021, 09:58 PM
Yeah sort of lol. Your right though he improved just like mj so 1-9 busted right:confusedshrug:

not speaking for anyone, but i don't hold that against jordan. a few of those games he could've played better, sure, but for the most part, jordan was still growing. don't get how your thread negates "1-9" though. from 2010-2020, playoff lebron shot 51% which is the SAME percentage he shot in 09.

not saying it isn't easier to score now, but facts are facts.

I really don't get the point of this thread. You're just shouting out that you have no idea how career progression works, in respect to players entering their primes/peaks.

whose alt is bron23? lol always thought dude was a regular poster.

Bronbron23
04-30-2021, 10:05 PM
not speaking for anyone, but i don't hold that against jordan. a few of those games he could've played better, sure, but for the most part, jordan was still growing. don't get how your thread negates "1-9" though. from 2010-2020, playoff lebron shot 51% which is the SAME percentage he shot in 09.

I don't have any alts. Apparently i'm 3ball even though i argue with dude all the time about mj.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-30-2021, 10:06 PM
Normal path of player development I think. Most players hit the beginning of their primes at around 23-24 years old.

Bronbron23
04-30-2021, 10:08 PM
Good lord, you're 3ball lite.

I'm not gonna call you names or question your intelligence (the lack of it). I'm just gonna assume that you've been living under a rock. So here I go. LeBron doesn't play like a typical F. Till 2010, LeBron took 21 shots a game. Michael Jordan took 23 shots a game till '98. So yeah, it's only a two shot difference between the both.

As for the bolded, LeBron had a 56.8% TS% in his third season. That's more efficient than '87 and '93 MJ.

1-9 is brought up because it's a FACT. MJ never having a RS winning record in his career without Pippen is also a FACT. If you aren't particularly fond of facts, I'm not someone you should be conversing with.

Sure buddy. As you said players progress and get better. This applies to mj also and obviously makes 1-9 in mj's first 3 years sound a little silly.

Bronbron23
04-30-2021, 10:12 PM

And this was just a dumb trap thread to expose dumb bron stans. We don't always agree on mj and bron but your one of the normal smart bron stans or bron fans. Your not really a stan. There's a difference.

aj1987
04-30-2021, 10:16 PM
Sure buddy. As you said players progress and get better. This applies to mj also and obviously makes 1-9 in mj's first 3 years sound a little silly.

1-9 is terrible.

56.8% TS% is not terrible.

Do you get it now? I doubt it, but oh well.

Bronbron23
04-30-2021, 10:26 PM
1-9 is terrible.

56.8% TS% is not terrible.

Do you get it now? I doubt it, but oh well.

Dude it's ok. I'm actually here to help yall 1-9 idiots. If you don't want the help and you just want to continue sounding like a hypocritical idiot that's fine. It's probably the only thing your good at anyway so can't say i blame you

aj1987
04-30-2021, 10:28 PM
Dude it's ok. I'm actually here to help yall 1-9 idiots. If you don't want the help and you just want to continue sounding like a hypocritical idiot that's fine. It's probably the only thing your good at anyway so can't say i blame you

Are you off your meds? That would explain your posts here.

mehyaM24
04-30-2021, 10:37 PM
And this was just a dumb trap thread to expose dumb bron stans. We don't always agree on mj and bron but your one of the normal smart bron stans or bron fans. Your not really a stan. There's a difference.

i'm just a fan of the game pal. no player worshiping here lol. i get what your intention was too, but i'm not seeing the parallel. your op says post 2010, but playoff lebron was as efficient in 2009 :confusedshrug:

Bronbron23
04-30-2021, 10:52 PM
i'm just a fan of the game pal. no player worshiping here lol. i get what your intention was too, but i'm not seeing the parallel. your op says post 2010, but playoff lebron was as efficient in 2009 :confusedshrug:

Just going by the numbers and his averages for that period. Seems par for the course for this thread. Stats seem to be everything.

Again though it was just dumb thread to expose the dumb bron stans who were gonna say inexperience.

mehyaM24
04-30-2021, 10:55 PM
Just going by the numbers and his averages for that period. Seems par for the course for this thread. Stats seem to be everything.

Again though it was just dumb thread to expose the dumb bron stans who were gonna say inexperience.

lebron was still pretty efficient though. just saying.

RRR3
04-30-2021, 10:59 PM
“Bran stans! Bran stans! Bran stans!”

Bronbron23
04-30-2021, 11:38 PM
lebron was still pretty efficient though. just saying.

Yeah i never said he wasn't efficient. 46-50% is still good. The 10 years for the most part he's been very efficient though.

Bronbron23
04-30-2021, 11:40 PM
“Bran stans! Bran stans! Bran stans!”

Oh shit RRRRRRRRR3 is stuttering again:oldlol:

Spurs m8
05-01-2021, 04:25 AM
Because he started colluding and taking the easy path

Hence no chips before then