PDA

View Full Version : Are the current Suns the fakest 1 seed of all time?

tpols
05-01-2021, 03:27 PM
How fast are these frauds gonna get bounced?

They better PRAY my boy Chef Dingo doesn't get that 8 seed.

Better pray....

SouBeachTalents
05-01-2021, 03:29 PM
The East has had a few, EASILY the fakest West 1 seed in decades

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-01-2021, 03:36 PM
Curry for 3...BANG!

Definitely one of the weaker 1 seeds. They remind of the '15 Hawks although nobody on that team was as good as Paul. Or Booker.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-01-2021, 03:45 PM
LMAOOOO. Suns would sweep the Warriors.

Utah was a far faker 1 seed.

ArbitraryWater
05-01-2021, 04:05 PM
I thought their record was shallow at one point but they're undeniable man.

They ARE this good.

They went 8-0 in the bubble last year, before CP3.

Then CP3 came and they started 5-1, a shot from 6-0.

They've been lighting it up in the 2nd half of the season and knocking out contender after contender, ending win streaks, and even brutalizing teams in red-hot form (Wizards, Knicks). Destroyed the Jazz and Lakers (twice). Beat Philly and Bucks B2B TWICE. Beat the Clips.. beat everyone except the Nets.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-01-2021, 04:55 PM
Look at Devin Booker's 2nd best player over the years via VORP:

2017/18 - Alex Len
2018/19 - rookie 20 year old Ayton
2019/20 - mikal bridges

Flooded with garbage.Now that you have Paul, they are like a 2018 rockets level team. Booker seems tougher then harden though so we'll see in playoffs

wagexslave
05-01-2021, 04:57 PM
I love how every time some loser talks shit saying how the Suns are gonna lose in the first round, the team they say is going to beat them already lost the season series(or straight up got swept) against the Suns on the year.

Besides, I don't think Warriors fans have the right to talk shit after they played the Suns twice already, and got BLOWN OUT so bad in the first game that in the 2nd game they decided to rest Steph Curry for no reason at all(even though he was perfectly healthy and could have played). :roll: Like damn... that's bitch made in my eyes. Were they were really that scared of getting embarrassed with Steph playing again? :facepalm

SouBeachTalents
05-01-2021, 04:57 PM
Look at Devin Booker's 2nd best player over the years via VORP:

2017/18 - Alex Len
2018/19 - rookie 20 year old Ayton
2019/20 - mikal bridges

Flooded with garbage.Now that you have Paul, they are like a 2018 rockets level team. Booker seems tougher then harden though so we'll see in playoffs
Nah, Devin Booker is not MVP James Harden :lol

dirkdiggler41
05-01-2021, 05:02 PM
Yes, because the team has been injury and corona-free compared to most teams. The same goes for Jazz. The regular season is all about consistency.

wagexslave
05-01-2021, 05:05 PM
Low key the only team that really scares me in the first round is the Spurs, and that's mostly because as a Suns fan Greg Popovic lives rent free in my head, that's just something that's embedded into Suns fan's DNA. We're cursed against the damn franchise, doesn't matter how much better of a team we are on paper, Pop will prob somehow find a way to exploit and beat us at our own playstyle. Last time we played them the whole Suns team went into a multi-game slump and literally got blown out by no-names. It makes no sense. Pop needs investigated for voodoo dolls or witchcraft spells or some shit.

Micku
05-01-2021, 05:14 PM
Y'all disrespecting the Suns man. They legit.

Legit about to lose in the second round hahaha!

I need to see how they do in the playoffs. But they have beat the best teams this year except for the Nets?

ShawkFactory
05-01-2021, 05:46 PM

Better pray....

Lol why

Bronbron23
05-01-2021, 05:53 PM

Better pray....:roll: suns would crush warriors.

Smook A.
05-01-2021, 05:54 PM
They’re actually really good, don’t sleep on them

Indian guy
05-01-2021, 06:03 PM
Pretty much any game I've watched of theirs, I've been very impressed. They defend well and offensively they play how you'd want a team to play. And they have a couple of legit offensive stars in Booker and CP3 - which is what you need more so than anything in the playoffs. You need guys who can iso and make plays when the game slows down and defensive effort ramps up. I would be more wary of top seeds that lacked those guys (ie. 2015 Hawks).

What Phoenix does lack is playoff experience. They have none besides CP3 and Crowder, which does make 'em somewhat vulnerable. I'd still pick 'em over any 8th seed rather comfortably though.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-01-2021, 06:18 PM
Nah, Devin Booker is not MVP James Harden :lol

The only MVP that counts is finals MVP. Regular season MVP is too much narrative\agenda bullshit.

Devin Booker on court this season: suns 120 offensive rating

James Harden on court in 2018: rockets 118 offensive rating

Both guys play no defense. Booker is the way better fit with Paul. Harden just pissed off Paul with his ball dominant stuff

scuzzy
05-01-2021, 06:57 PM
Suns are the real deal and playing good all year

OP thinks Curry. OP thinks Booker. And registers to him Warriors>>Suns because Curry>>Booker

Remember last playoffs Tpols crusading Lakers stood "no chance" vs Rockets. Then LA backdoor sweeps and.... "Harden cant possibly beat AD + Bran by himself. SMH Westbrick" "1 all-star vs 2 all-stars, how can you expect Harden to beat both?"

:cletus: :oldlol:

wagexslave
05-01-2021, 07:15 PM
Both guys(Booker and Harden) play no defense.

I just want to point out, for anyone who doesn't watch the Suns regularly, that Book has greatly improved his defense. Last season he had started to improve it a slight amount, but this year he made a much more sizable jump(biggest thing he improved on this season).

I'd say he's actually been in the "above average" range for a guard. Among all guards who play 30+ mins per game, he's ranked #16(out of 56) in both Defensive Rating and Defensive Win Shares. He's definitely not perfect and still has things he can improve on, but he puts way more effort on defense than he ever did and he stays right with his man way better, contests/affects way more shots. And now that he's actually on a good defensive team, you can tell it's rubbed off on him and he takes defense more seriously than ever before in his career.

I'm sure that CP3 has been mentoring him like crazy on defense. Now that he's gotten pretty good at the basic aspects and the effort/focus/communication aspect, he just needs to learn how to improve his steals/blocks/d rebound stats as much as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toSnjDUKoiw

There's a short video breaking down some footage of his defensive play and discussing the improvement.

coin24
05-01-2021, 07:47 PM
They have chris small, so first round exit:cheers:

They’re pretenders just like the bucks

fourkicks44
05-01-2021, 08:21 PM
ITT I see people still schleeping.

They never learn

Stanley Kobrick
05-01-2021, 08:27 PM
ITT I see people still schleeping.

They never learn
they schleep, highway teach

dankok8
05-01-2021, 08:44 PM
I would be genuinely shocked if this Suns team went past the 2nd round.

BigShotBob
05-02-2021, 12:14 AM
They've also been arguably among the healthies team all year. They haven't had the setbacks they normally had yet they still are notorious for blowing leads.

miggyme1
05-02-2021, 03:05 AM
They are really good but they dont have enough talent to win it all UNLESS they can get some breaks like the clippers and lakers meeting in the first round and then the winner of that series having to play the jazz and then that team losing to the jazz and then either the sixers or bucks making it to the finals instead of the nets.

Axe
05-02-2021, 03:29 AM
Op is clearly jealous about cp3 elevating his new team to 45 wins, the first seed in the west this season and their first playoff berth in 11 years without any sort of mvp help while his 'hero chef' without his fellow splash bro is struggling in letting their cooking club hover above .500 atm, even with 2020 2nd pick james wiseman, kelly '> klay' oubre jr., kent bazemore and gary payton the younger. Don't need the 8th seed tho since they will get to participate in the play-ins/losers bracket with a losing record this year anyway but it's crystal clear his hero couldn't dominate the league unless he has all-star help. :(

iamgine
05-02-2021, 04:07 AM
Suns are not fake. Booker, Ayton and a bunch of solid role players by themselves would make a 40 win team. If you add someone far better than Booker and Ayton to that team (CP3) and then and add another one that is better than Booker and Ayton (Mikal Bridges), you surely have a contender. I'm sure many people agree CP is far better than both Booker and Ayton but I'm not sure if people realize that this Mikal Bridges kid is also better than them. This is why Suns aren't fake.

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2021, 04:47 AM
I would be genuinely shocked if this Suns team went past the 2nd round.

duh thats because 2R would be Lakers

Jasper
05-02-2021, 07:39 PM
Ask the Bucks if experience pays off in the playoffs ...
I expect the Suns to be bounced 2nd round.

RRR3
05-02-2021, 07:41 PM
Suns are the real deal and playing good all year

OP thinks Curry. OP thinks Booker. And registers to him Warriors>>Suns because Curry>>Booker

Remember last playoffs Tpols crusading Lakers stood "no chance" vs Rockets. Then LA backdoor sweeps and.... "Harden cant possibly beat AD + Bran by himself. SMH Westbrick" "1 all-star vs 2 all-stars, how can you expect Harden to beat both?"

:cletus: :oldlol:
:roll:

Ttrolls strikes again

miggyme1
05-03-2021, 03:42 AM
Whats “fake” about them? They have won all their games fair and square,they have played just as many games as any other team so whats “fake” about them?