PDA

View Full Version : “Teams are terrified of Curry” -Draymond Green

warriorfan
05-04-2021, 01:19 AM
The latest example came Monday night during a 123-104 win over the New Orleans Pelicans, as the Golden State Warriors star guard poured in 41 points. The offensive explosion marked the ninth time this season Curry scored 40 or more points in a game, and the sixth time in his past 15 games.

"Any time you step on the floor with Steph Curry there's an advantage there," Warriors forward Draymond Green said. "So teams are terrified of him -- and everywhere he runs on the floor -- with or without the ball, teams are terrified. That type of gravity, he pulls a lot of weight. He’s hung.”

Curry's offensive fireworks have given his young team a huge confidence boost as it embarks on the final two weeks of the regular season. With Monday's win, the Warriors moved a half-game ahead of the Memphis Grizzlies for the eighth spot in the Western Conference playoffs. With the possibility of having to participate in the NBA's play-in tournament growing stronger, the Warriors know that they have a trump card in Curry that the rest of the league fears.

"If you get into a street fight and you've got Mike Tyson standing on the side of you, how you gonna feel?" Warriors forward Juan Toscano-Anderson said. "That's the best analogy I can give you. He's just -- he's different, man. So I know if I get into a pickle, I'm looking for him; he's going to make something happen more often than not. The defense, he's just a magnet, the defense is just gravitating towards him so it's opening up a lot of things."

Even after all the accolades Curry has earned during his 12-year career, the two-time MVP understands the recent stretch he's been on is different. Curry has always had high expectations for his own game -- but after averaging 37.3 points in April and scoring 71 points over his first two games in May, even Curry seems a bit surprised at the level he's been able to maintain for such a long stretch.

And with the ultimate offensive weapon in Curry, the Warriors are feeling good about their chances of qualifying for the playoffs in the near future. Curry knows the impact his game is having on the rest of his teammates -- and their desire to raise the level of their own play is motivating him even more.

"You can feel it," Curry said. "Especially like a night like tonight where I get it going in the first quarter, it boosts everybody's confidence that we can create good shots ... at the end of the day that's what a vet's supposed to do, they're supposed to uplift everybody and I get energy from them when they meet that intensity and that aggressiveness and that attitude that we have."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31386582/draymond-green-says-teams-terrified-stephen-curry-recent-play-emboldened-golden-state-warriors-playoff-push

hold this L
05-04-2021, 01:38 AM
"..he pulls a lot of weight. He’s hung.”
Dray definitely posts on ish

https://media.giphy.com/media/xMejtFXIBl6ulagSd2/giphy.gif

RRR3
05-04-2021, 01:42 AM
Dray definitely posts on ish

https://media.giphy.com/media/xMejtFXIBl6ulagSd2/giphy.gif
Possibly even in this thread.

welfarefan
05-04-2021, 01:45 AM
Nothing scarier than waking up to face that 10th seed Steph :banana: Teams tanking love facing him, Teams in contention love it even more :party:

http://dsz7vodgjx60a.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/03105533/bil-curry-girl.jpg

Axe
05-04-2021, 01:47 AM
Nothing scarier than waking up to face that 10th seed Steph :banana: Teams tanking love facing him, Teams in contention love it even more :party:
I doubt having a big game in the losers bracket can be considered anything remotely close to iconic

welfarefan
05-04-2021, 01:52 AM
I doubt having a big game in the losers bracket can be considered anything remotely close to iconic

We coming for that 9th slot Ja :rant

https://cdn.abcotvs.com/dip/images/1369545_060216-kgo-curry-kid-img.jpg

ImKobe
05-04-2021, 02:03 AM

False. We could have one of the great match-ups in the play-in tournament with Steph vs. Dame if Warriors & Blazers stay in 7th/8th place to determine the 7th seed.

Axe
05-04-2021, 02:06 AM
We coming for that 9th slot Ja :rant

https://cdn.abcotvs.com/dip/images/1369545_060216-kgo-curry-kid-img.jpg
Bound to be the losers bracket mvp tho! :banana:

https://www.baretreemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/08_wimpykid_nods.gif

JohnMax
05-04-2021, 02:31 AM
He's the goat. They guard him the way they do to hide that fact. Just like they won't give him foul calls or try to overpay his good teammates so warriors are forced to let them go or sign them beyond their worth just so curry will have less talent around him.

tontoz
05-04-2021, 08:11 AM

Do you not know how to read the standings? GS is the 8 seed.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 01:45 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31386582/draymond-green-says-teams-terrified-stephen-curry-recent-play-emboldened-golden-state-warriors-playoff-push

It's a cute story and i like dray but he's literally one of the best shit talkers out there. Just a couple weeks ago he said he was the greatest defender ever so you have to take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Truth is cavs put out the blue print on how to defend steph 5 years ago. You need versatile defenders and you just swich everything. It's the only way to defend steph and warriors because they set a crazy amount of screens. After that whoever picks him up there job is to crowd him and run him off the line and force steph to take a mid or floater or a contested shot at the rim. This serves a few purposes. It takes steph out of his offensive rythem and makes him less likely to hit a three when he finally does get a look. It also forces steph to run around more which leads to him being fatigued at the end of the game. On the other end of the ball the strategy is to attack him every chance you get. He's the warriors weak link so this often leads to an easy bssket either from his man scoring on him or from the help defence over helping and leaving others open for good looks.

I told you a couple years ago when kd left steph and the warriors would never win again. Since that steph had one of his worse finals performances followed by a missed playoffs and possibly another missed playoffs this year. When it's all said and done he's gonna end up with no fmvp's 1 asterisk chip and 2 as a second option.

Oh and after witnessing bron bitch him off and take his manhood numerous times in the 16 finals it's kind of hard being scary after that. To this day i still feel bad for steph for the way bron treated him.

tontoz
05-04-2021, 01:52 PM
I told you a couple years ago when kd left steph and the warriors would never win again. Since that steph had one of his worse finals performances followed by a missed playoffs and possibly another missed playoffs this year. When it's all said and done he's gonna end up with no fmvp's 1 asterisk chip and 2 as a second option.

Are you really trying to pat yourself on the back for predicting GS would struggle the last two years?

Let me clue you in. The reason they missed the playoffs last year is because Steph and Klay played only 5 games combined. It isn't because you had some great insight. They are currently the 8 seed in spite of the facts that they are 1-7 without Steph and Klay has missed the whole season. It is a pretty safe bet their seeding would be a lot higher if Klay was playing.

3ball
05-04-2021, 01:55 PM
Curry has a lot of cute step-back dance routines, but does he have any highlights where he pulls up off a hard dribble, (shown here (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AJzbrBUFB4Y&t=10m26s) and here (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AJzbrBUFB4Y&t=11m00s)), which overcomes greater contests and requires elevating/shooting in a way that Curry and all of today's 3-point shooters lack great ability to do.

mehyaM24
05-04-2021, 01:56 PM
how do you give lebron full credit for that title, but then call curry's asterisked? lol draymond was suspended in a closeout game. bogut, their best interior defender, was injured shortly after and never played in the series again. some of you are so caught up in the player agendas here, you can't see straight. shit is borderline trolling.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 02:51 PM
Are you really trying to pat yourself on the back for predicting GS would struggle the last two years?

Let me clue you in. The reason they missed the playoffs last year is because Steph and Klay played only 5 games combined. It isn't because you had some great insight. They are currently the 8 seed in spite of the facts that they are 1-7 without Steph and Klay has missed the whole season. It is a pretty safe bet their seeding would be a lot higher if Klay was playing.

Yeah for sure. If klay was healthy they'd be one if the better teams in the league. They wouldn't win though. Truth is the kdless warriors were a little overrated. They're thought of as a a great dynasty by their stans but They only had one asterisk chip followed by an epic choke job. There's a reason why after the epic choke job they went out and got the second best player in the league.

tontoz
05-04-2021, 02:57 PM
Yeah for sure. If klay was healthy they'd be one if the better teams in the league. They wouldn't win though. Truth is the kdless warriors were a little overrated. They're thought of as a a great dynasty by their stans but They only had one asterisk chip followed by an epic choke job. There's a reason why after the epic choke job they went out and got the second best player in the league.

What are you talking about when you say they won't win? Are you saying they can't win a title or something else? They have a winning record right now.

Given Stephs age and the lack of talent on the roster it isn't exactly going out on a limb to say they wont win a title. Their draft record hasn't been great the last few years plus they are paying Green/Wiggins $55+ million/yr for the next two seasons. They are in cap hell.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 03:14 PM
What are you talking about when you say they won't win? Are you saying they can't win a title or something else? They have a winning record right now.

Given Stephs age and the lack of talent on the roster it isn't exactly going out on a limb to say they wont win a title. Their draft record hasn't been great the last few years plus they are paying Green/Wiggins $55+ million/yr for the next two seasons. They are in cap hell.

Yeah they won't win another chip. They couldn't even beat brons cavs in 16 and klay, steph and dray were in their prime. They also had a really good bench. 5 years later dray is a shell of himself offensively. Klay will be in 30's coming off 2 major surgeries and steph is 32 and will be most likely be starting a decline in a year or 2. On top of that as you say their cap is screwed for the next year. Even when their cap does clear i dought they'll have anything close to the bench they had in 16.

Anyone thinking steph is gonna win another chip is thinking with their hart and not their head. Why would you expect a warriors team to win with a worse klay, dray, steph and bench when they couldn't win at their best dosn't make any sense.

hold this L
05-04-2021, 04:07 PM
People who repeat the statement of Warriors lost in 2016 proving they can't win is one of the dumbest, low IQ statements that you hear in the NBA circles. It was a 7 game series that was decided by 1 possession. Last time the final was decided by 7 games, a year later the same teams met and the loser proceeded to obliterate the then 2-time champion. Am I saying that Warriors would win even though they lost in 2016? No, but removing the possibility as I've read Bronbron's terrible analogies before, is dumb.

As for Warriors win another chip, it's way too early to tell. Too many unknowns. Can Steph stay in this form for 2-3 more years, will Dray keep his defensive impact or lose it in the next few years, how will Klay come back, who comes in FA, are there any trades that make a difference? Without knowing any of that, it's like talking out of your ass. A good example, the post above mine.

hold this L
05-04-2021, 04:07 PM
how do you give lebron full credit for that title, but then call curry's asterisked? lol draymond was suspended in a closeout game. bogut, their best interior defender, was injured shortly after and never played in the series again. some of you are so caught up in the player agendas here, you can't see straight. shit is borderline trolling.
Injuries count only when they happen against the player you stan.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 05:01 PM
People who repeat the statement of Warriors lost in 2016 proving they can't win is one of the dumbest, low IQ statements that you hear in the NBA circles. It was a 7 game series that was decided by 1 possession. Last time the final was decided by 7 games, a year later the same teams met and the loser proceeded to obliterate the then 2-time champion. Am I saying that Warriors would win even though they lost in 2016? No, but removing the possibility as I've read Bronbron's terrible analogies before, is dumb.

As for Warriors win another chip, it's way too early to tell. Too many unknowns. Can Steph stay in this form for 2-3 more years, will Dray keep his defensive impact or lose it in the next few years, how will Klay come back, who comes in FA, are there any trades that make a difference? Without knowing any of that, it's like talking out of your ass. A good example, the post above mine.

It's not as simple as saying they lost in 16 so they can't win again. Your the one playing dumb. If they had a similar talented team then yes of course they'd have a chance and could possibly win one. I'd still bet against it thougy because as usual the league adapts adjusts to how the warriors played so the advantage they had initially wouldn't be the same a few years later as teams adjust.

This isn't the case though. Again dray isn't the same. Klay isn't the same and the supporting cast isn't the same. Even if steph remains at this level for another 2-3 years his supporting cast isn't anything near what it was when they were a contender.

And that's the disconnect between emotional steph stans like your self and people who evaluate step accurately. You guys wrongly believe steph's individual impact is what made the warriors what they were but there success was always a result of what all three brought to the table. Together they're something special. Take one away and they don't stand a chance. You think steph's impact is enough to win with an ok team even though history and common sense suggests otherwise. Unless the warriors pick up another superstar better
than steph he will never win again.

RRR3
05-04-2021, 05:08 PM
It's not as simple as saying they lost in 16 so they can't win again. Your the one playing dumb. If they had a similar talented team then yes of course they'd have a chance and could possibly win one. I'd still bet against it thougy because as usual the league adapts adjusts to how the warriors played so the advantage they had initially wouldn't be the same a few years later as teams adjust.

This isn't the case though. Again dray isn't the same. Klay isn't the same and the supporting cast isn't the same. Even if steph remains at this level for another 2-3 years his supporting cast isn't anything near what it was when they were a contender.

And that's the disconnect between emotional steph stans like your self and people who evaluate step accurately. You guys wrongly believe steph's individual impact is what made the warriors what they were but there success was always a result of what all three brought to the table. Together they're something special. Take one away and they don't stand a chance. You think steph's impact is enough to win with an ok team even though history and common sense suggests otherwise. Unless the warriors pick up another superstar better
You don’t rate Steph accurately though. You think Klay is more impactful :oldlol:

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 05:23 PM

So your comparing warriors missing their 3rd best player for one game to the cavs missing their 2nd and 3rd best player for the entire finals? Nice comparison.

And lets not act like andrew bogut who was the 5th or 6th best player on the team was the end all and be all. All of a sudden a guy who plays 15 min a game a
Putting up 6/2/7 a game is crazy important. He was solid defensively but his His impact is heavily exaggerated by some on here.

mehyaM24
05-04-2021, 05:35 PM
So your comparing warriors missing their 3rd best player for one game to the cavs missing their 2nd and 3rd best player for the entire finals? Nice comparison.

And lets not act like andrew bogut who was the 5th or 6th best player on the team was the end all and be all. All of a sudden a guy who plays 15 min a game a
Putting up 6/2/7 a game is crazy important. He was solid defensively but his His impact is heavily exaggerated by some on here.

bogut led the playoffs in defense rapm, so clearly he was high impact.

in a series that close, a bad suspension and injury can make all the difference. pretending otherwise is a silly take.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 05:48 PM
bogut led the playoffs in defense rapm, so clearly he was high impact.

in a series that close, a bad suspension and injury can make all the difference. pretending otherwise is a silly take.

It's the end of the season dude. Guys are banged up. Shit bam was injured last finals and i didn't here anyone call that qn asterisk and he he has 10× more impact than bogut.

And i'm not saying bogut being injured is meaningless but it's not enough to call it an asterisk. If his impact is so amazing why did they only play him 15 min a game?

Yeah its a little something but him being injured and dray missing a game is nowhere near cavs losing their 2nd and third best players for most of the series.

Stephonit
05-04-2021, 05:52 PM
It's the end of the season dude. Guys are banged up. Shit bam was injured last finals and i didn't here anyone call that qn asterisk and he he has 10× more impact than bogut.

And i'm not saying bogut being injured is meaningless but it's not enough to call it an asterisk. If his impact is so amazing why did they only play him 15 min a game?

Yeah its a little something but him being injured and dray missing a game is nowhere near cavs losing their 2nd and third best players for most of the series.

Warriors played a starter down in each of the last three games they lost. Simple fact.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 05:56 PM
You don’t rate Steph accurately though. You think Klay is more impactful :oldlol:

Don't think I said more impactul just that he has just as much impact on that warriors team as steph does. Again defense is kind of half of the battle. I realize q casual like u dosn't understand that but just take my word for it.

It's kind of funny that guys like you will claim pip better than mj because of his defensive impact but will totally ignore it when evaluating steph and klay. Even though the discrepancy between steph and klays offense is much less and defensively its alot more.

Can't make this shit up:facepalm

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 06:01 PM
Warriors played a starter down in each of the last three games they lost. Simple fact.

Ok fine but in each chip they won teams were also missing starters. More important ones at that. So that must mean there wins were asterisks? Or is it only an asterisk when it happens to the warriors?

Can't have it both ways.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 06:08 PM
Injuries count only when they happen against the player you stan.

This is hilarious coming from a guy who stans a player that benefitted from more injuries to opposing teams during his championship runs than anyone else in the history of the game.

mehyaM24
05-04-2021, 06:14 PM

well bogut didn't play in game 6 or 7. and draymond missed game 5 because of some BS lebron created. look, i'm not the one who called it an asterisk. i'm simply using the logic you are. for golden state to win, they needed the team who got them there. cleveland was actually REALLY good and the preseason favorite.

ya iguodala was relegated to the bench in game 7 - after spraining his back in game 6. so their best interior defender was out. their best perimeter defender was clearly hindered. and dray missed a closeout a game. am i comparing that to 2015? when love nor kyrie played? no. but if that finals was "asterisked" then so is 2016. too many important pieces went down for golden state - and against the preseason favorite, you needed the team that got you there.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 06:20 PM
well bogut didn't play in game 6 or 7. and draymond missed game 5 because of some BS lebron created. look, i'm not the one who called it an asterisk. i'm simply using the logic you are. for golden state to win, they needed the team who got them there. cleveland was actually REALLY good and the preseason favorite.

ya iguodala was relegated to the bench in game 7 - after spraining his back in game 6. so their best interior defender was out. their best perimeter defender was clearly hindered, and draymond missed a closeout a game. am i comparing that to 2015? when love and kyrie didnt play? no. but if that one is "asterisked" then so is 2016. too many important pieces went down for golden state - and against the preseason favorite, you needed the team that got you there.

That's not my logic though. My logic is that if your missing your second and third best players that that obvious a huge deal and worthy of an asterisk. Role players being injured or missing games isn't. That happens all the time.

And dray brought that shit on himself. I love his aggressiveness and attitude but he's an habitual line stepper.

mehyaM24
05-04-2021, 06:27 PM
That's not my logic though. My logic is that if your missing your second and third best players that that obvious a huge deal and worthy of an asterisk. Role players being injured or missing games isn't. That happens all the time.

And dray brought that shit on himself. I love his aggressiveness and attitude but he's an habitual line stepper.

difference being, golden state's role players were high impact. and all had bigtime responsibility. iguodala can't defend lebron with a ****ing sprained back lol. and without an interior presence, lebron & co were a lot more confident at the rim.

we can disagree about draymond's personality, but he was an all-star and all-nba player. so even him missing ONE game is a big deal. again, in a series that close, all of that shit matters.

hold this L
05-04-2021, 06:31 PM

Anybody who thinks the 16 Warriors had no chance to win a chip afterwards because they lost in a 7 game series with 1 possession isn't going to be taken seriously. This isn't to be debated because the logic itself makes no sense. We even have a perfect example against your own hero that shows that a few seasons prior. Won in 7 games, got emasculated in 5 one season later by the exact same team.

The injury situation is what it is, Warriors have both been hurt and benefited from injuries, so Warrior fans can't whine about it. You can try to minimize impact all you want, but Cavs beat an injured team in 2016.. which is fine because war of attrition is one of the major reasons teams win. It's part of the reason why someone like Lebron or MJ are so legendary, they don't break down even if they collect minutes like they're paid for it. I'm confident Lebron can come back from a major injury at 100%, while I fear that Steph lighting everyone up right now could get a season ending injury at any point with even little contact. Guy has twisting his ankle 3-4 times already in the last two weeks. Warriors were dead last season, are 1-7 this season without Steph and are a .56 team with him on. This idiotic idea that all 3 are some magic jenga or tetris game where it all works together is nonsense only because they're together. It's hilarious that 3 players having good chemistry with each other can formulate this dumb narrative. Curry is an ATG player that has ATG impact once again this season blowing everyone away despite teams defending harder than anyone else. If you put him in another team, he would do the same thing. People would move around the court, pass him the ball, set screens and watch him clown entire teams. Just like other ATG players. People are running out stupid shit to downgrade Curry, so these strawmen is what you're left with. :applause:

hold this L
05-04-2021, 06:33 PM
This is hilarious coming from a guy who stans a player that benefitted from more injuries to opposing teams during his championship runs than anyone else in the history of the game.
I don't cry about injuries nor do I pretend that they didn't help the Warriors. I'm just not an idiot that turns the other way when the opposite happens like yourself.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 06:42 PM
difference being, golden state's role players were high impact. and all had bigtime responsibility. iguodala can't defend lebron with a ****ing sprained back lol. and without an interior presence, lebron & co were a lot more confident at the rim.

we can disagree about draymond's personality, but he was an all-star and all-nba player. so even him missing ONE game is a big deal. again, in a series that close, all of that shit matters.

I don't know man. It's the end of the year. Alot of players are injured and banged up. You'd literally have to asterisk half the nba championships in history. And i don't think bogut is any more valuable than any other role playing big on championship teams. Again if he was all that important he'd play more than 15 min a game.

As far as dray i'm big on his impact especially back then so i agree him missing a game hurt them that game. At the end of the day though they were still up 3-2 with home court advantage. It's really not a great excuse.

Stephonit
05-04-2021, 06:51 PM
Ok fine but in each chip they won teams were also missing starters. More important ones at that. So that must mean there wins were asterisks? Or is it only an asterisk when it happens to the warriors?

Can't have it both ways.

You're the one bringing up this notion of asterisks. You're the one trying to have it both ways.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 06:53 PM
Anybody who thinks the 16 Warriors had no chance to win a chip afterwards because they lost in a 7 game series with 1 possession isn't going to be taken seriously. This isn't to be debated because the logic itself makes no sense. We even have a perfect example against your own hero that shows that a few seasons prior. Won in 7 games, got emasculated in 5 one season later by the exact same team.

The injury situation is what it is, Warriors have both been hurt and benefited from injuries, so Warrior fans can't whine about it. You can try to minimize impact all you want, but Cavs beat an injured team in 2016.. which is fine because war of attrition is one of the major reasons teams win. It's part of the reason why someone like Lebron or MJ are so legendary, they don't break down even if they collect minutes like they're paid for it. I'm confident Lebron can come back from a major injury at 100%, while I fear that Steph lighting everyone up right now could get a season ending injury at any point with even little contact. Guy has twisting his ankle 3-4 times already in the last two weeks. Warriors were dead last season, are 1-7 this season without Steph and are a .56 team with him on. This idiotic idea that all 3 are some magic jenga or tetris game where it all works together is nonsense only because they're together. It's hilarious that 3 players having good chemistry with each other can formulate this dumb narrative. Curry is an ATG player that has ATG impact once again this season blowing everyone away despite teams defending harder than anyone else. If you put him in another team, he would do the same thing. People would move around the court, pass him the ball, set screens and watch him clown entire teams. Just like other ATG players. People are running out stupid shit to downgrade Curry, so these strawmen is what you're left with. :applause:

Right but not all wars of attrition are equal. Theres a huge difference between missing your 2nd and third best players for the entire series to missing your 6th best player for a couple games and your 3rd best player for 1 game. The 2 aren't comparable

And his own teammates, gm and owner didn't think they'd win after 16. That's why they went out and got kd. Shit after witnessing steph get emasculated by bron all series dray didn't even wait a day to hit up kd to come help them.

And i'm not downgrading curry. I have him ranked somewhere between 15-20 which is right where he should be.

warriorfan
05-04-2021, 06:54 PM
Today, 03:53 PM
Bronbron23
NBA rookie of the year
This message is hidden because Bronbron23 is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

Stephonit
05-04-2021, 07:04 PM
Right but not all wars of attrition are equal. Theres a huge difference between missing your 2nd and third best players for the entire series to missing your 6th best player for a couple games and your 3rd best player for 1 game. The 2 aren't comparable

And his own teammates, gm and owner didn't think they'd win after 16. That's why they went out and got kd. Shit after witnessing steph get emasculated by bron all series dray didn't even wait a day to hit up kd to come help them.

And i'm not downgrading curry. I have him ranked somewhere between 15-20 which is right where he should be.

There's a huge difference between going through a Western Conference where you have to beat two MVP level players playing simultaneously that just defeated a 67-win team in a series and strolling to the finals with a B team that can still sweep the opponents in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Curry emasculated the inferior player so badly the inferior player had to get his coach fired and had to appeal to the league to intervene to win anything. It's pretty dumbfounding how crazy the stories that are told are.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 07:08 PM
You're the one bringing up this notion of asterisks. You're the one trying to have it both ways.

I'm sorry dude not having your 2nd and 3rd best players for an entire series is a disaster. Not having your 3rd best player for a game and your 6th best player for a couple games isn't ideal but it's manageable especially if your best player is as impactul as you claim. I know i wouldn't worry if lebron lost his 3rd best player for a game and his 6th best player for a couple. I'd still expect him to win and it definitely wouldn't be a great excuse if he didn't.

Stephonit
05-04-2021, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry dude not having your 2nd and 3rd best players for an entire series is a disaster. Not having your 3rd best player for a game and your 6th best player for a couple games isn't ideal but it's manageable especially if your best player is as impactul as you claim. I know i wouldn't worry if lebron lost his 3rd best player for a game and his 6th best player for a couple. I'd still expect him to win and it definitely wouldn't be a great excuse if he didn't.

It was such a disaster that the Cavaliers swept their Eastern Conference Finals series with virtually the same lineup the Warriors faced in the Finals.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 07:23 PM
There's a huge difference between going through a Western Conference where you have to beat two MVP level players playing simultaneously that just defeated a 67-win team in a series and strolling to the finals with a B team that can still sweep the opponents in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Curry emasculated the inferior player so badly the inferior player had to get his coach fired and had to appeal to the league to intervene to win anything. It's pretty dumbfounding how crazy the stories that are told are.

Ummmm i'm pretty sure iggy was the one that gaurded bron and held him to his worst finals shooting in his career. Pretty sure the experts rewarded him with the fmvp for it also. So i'm assuming you meant iggy emasculated bron for which i disagree but at least it's little more accurate.

As far as the cavs and warriors path that year your argument is a very weak one. Yeah warriors beat a great okc team that beat a 60 plus win spurs team but lebron and cavs beat a 73 win team.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 07:28 PM
It was such a disaster that the Cavaliers swept their Eastern Conference Finals series with virtually the same lineup the Warriors faced in the Finals.

It was the hawks though. Who was there best player again? Not even being funny. I really don't know.

Axe
05-04-2021, 07:33 PM
You do realize that they did so without kevin love, right?

hold this L
05-04-2021, 07:39 PM

I never said that. I said both teams were affected with injuries, of course the 2015 scenario is worse.

Your KD example is also hilarious because I know at least on two occasions people have mentioned to you that Dray tried to recruit KD while they were running a train on the league before the 2016 PS even started. And yet despite people telling you this, you still play dumb pretending that you didn't know this.

mehyaM24
05-04-2021, 08:03 PM
I don't know man. It's the end of the year. Alot of players are injured and banged up. You'd literally have to asterisk half the nba championships in history. And i don't think bogut is any more valuable than any other role playing big on championship teams. Again if he was all that important he'd play more than 15 min a game.

As far as dray i'm big on his impact especially back then so i agree him missing a game hurt them that game. At the end of the day though they were still up 3-2 with home court advantage. It's really not a great excuse.

not saying injuries don't happen. what i am saying is they happened to key guys from golden state. even though i don't think iguodala should have been finals mvp, he was still their best defender. bogut? why should i care that he "only" played 15 minutes? the data still says he had great impact. so every minute was quality. then there's dray but you know what's up.

my thing is, for a series that tight, golden state needed all the help they could get. again we know the preseason odds - the dubs simply overachieved by winning 73. the big 3 out in cleveland were better though. and i'm not going to put an "asterisk" next to anyone. that's all you. thing is you're not consistent putting one next to 15 & not 16. stars or not, impact is impact & those players i mentioned carried a lot of it.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 08:41 PM
not saying injuries don't happen. what i am saying is they happened to key guys from golden state. even though i don't think iguodala should have been finals mvp, he was still their best defender. bogut? why should i care that he "only" played 15 minutes? the data still says he had great impact. so every minute was quality. then there's dray but you know what's up.

my thing is, for a series that tight, golden state needed all the help they could get. again we know the preseason odds - the dubs simply overachieved by winning 73. the big 3 out in cleveland were better though. and i'm not going to put an "asterisk" next to anyone. that's all you. thing is you're not consistent putting one next to 15 & not 16. stars or not, impact is impact & those players i mentioned carried a lot of it.

I hear what your saying i just disagree on bogut impact. You say the data says he has great impact but I'm not sure what impact you mean. In 2015 finals against cavs boguts plus/minus was terrible. He didn't have one game where he had plus impact. The following year out of the 4 games he played he only had 1 game with positive impact and in that game there were like 7 players who had better plus/minus.

On top of that he only played 15 min and barley played at all in crunch time. It's a nice talking point but there's absolutely nothing that suggests his impact was what your saying.

mehyaM24
05-04-2021, 08:46 PM
I hear what your saying i just disagree on bogut impact. You say the data says he has great impact but I'm not sure what impact you mean. In 2015 finals against cavs boguts plus/minus was terrible. He didn't have one game where he had plus impact. The following year out of the 4 games he played he only had 1 game with positive impact and in that game there were like 7 players who had better plus/minus.

On top of that he only played 15 min and barley played at all in crunch time. It's a nice talking point but there's absolutely nothing that suggests his impact was what your saying.

checkout his rapm though. which is real plus minus & no boxscore. PURE IMPACT showing how you influence a game. again, defensively, bogut was tops in the 16 playoffs.

https://basketball-analytics.gitlab.io/rapm-data/season/2015-16/playoffs/

is that the end all be all? of course not. but since you're confused maybe that'll help you out.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 08:54 PM
I never said that. I said both teams were affected with injuries, of course the 2015 scenario is worse.

Your KD example is also hilarious because I know at least on two occasions people have mentioned to you that Dray tried to recruit KD while they were running a train on the league before the 2016 PS even started. And yet despite people telling you this, you still play dumb pretending that you didn't know this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmc1lY8K8Us. Who's pretending? to be honest it's hard to tell when he recruited him. Dray talks alot of shit. There's shit like this and quotes in other articles that suggests he did and There's others where it sounds like he recruited him a bit earlier than that. It's irrelevant though. Point is dray and the warriors felt like they needed more even though they apparently had the most impactul player in the league. I wonder why that was?

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 09:08 PM
checkout his rapm though. which is real plus minus & no boxscore. PURE IMPACT showing how you influence a game. again, defensively, bogut was tops in the 16 playoffs.

https://basketball-analytics.gitlab.io/rapm-data/season/2015-16/playoffs/

is that the end all be all? of course not. but since you're confused maybe that'll help you out.

i'd have to see his numbers for that actual series because that overall playoff stat may not apply the same to that specific series. And again if he was so impactul why didn't they play him at the end of games? Why was he 7th in min played? Why did Tristan thompson play above his usual level in both finals? At some point you gotta use common sense.

mehyaM24
05-04-2021, 09:15 PM
i'd have to see his numbers for that actual series because that overall playoff stat may not apply the same to that specific series. And again if he was so impactul why didn't they play him at the end of games? Why was he 7th in min played? Why did Tristan thompson play above his usual level in both finals? At some point you gotta use common sense.

this doesn't involve the box score, which can be influenced by other teammates. its straight up individual impact. if you watched bogut though you'd know he was a legit defensive presence. but altering shots & clogging the lane doesn't go into your statsheet. you also don't need to play at the end of games to have impact. there are 4 quarters not 24 seconds lol. your mistake is making it all about him. its not just bogut though. the other 2 players make it a combination - and they were ALL key in how the warriors functioned.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 09:23 PM
this doesn't involve the box score, which can be influenced by other teammates. its straight up individual impact. if you watched bogut though you'd know he was a legit defensive presence. but altering shots & clogging the lane doesn't go into your statsheet. you don't need to play at the end of games to have impact an nba game is 48 minutes not the last 24 seconds lol. your mistake is making it all about him. its not just bogut though. the other 2 players make it a combination - and they were ALL key in how the warriors functioned.

Dude i watched every game of both finals. of course he had impact. Every player that's in 7-8 man rotation has impact. Nobody wins on their own. His impact just isn't anywhere close to the level of kyrie and love. His limited minutes alone suggests this. You can't say he has great impact but yet he plays 12-15 min a game and barely plays the 4th. That shit don't make sense bruh. He was a solid role player. No more no less.

mehyaM24
05-04-2021, 09:29 PM
Dude i watched every game of both finals. of course he had impact. Every player that's in 7-8 man rotation has impact. Nobody wins on their own. His impact just isn't anywhere close to the level of kyrie and love. His limited minutes alone suggests this. You can't say he has great impact but yet he plays 12-15 min a game and barely plays the 4th. That shit don't make sense bruh. He was a solid role player. No more no less.

his impact was higher than most role players, just like the data says. bogut didn't need to play more minutes, because that wasn't his role. heck his body probably couldn't handle it. 15 minutes of quality defense is HUGE in a series decided by 1 possession.

along with bogut, iguodala was injured & dray was wrongfully suspended. nothing new here so i don't get why you're confused.

warriorfan
05-04-2021, 09:42 PM
this doesn't involve the box score, which can be influenced by other teammates. its straight up individual impact. if you watched bogut though you'd know he was a legit defensive presence. but altering shots & clogging the lane doesn't go into your statsheet. you also don't need to play at the end of games to have impact. there are 4 quarters not 24 seconds lol. your mistake is making it all about him. its not just bogut though. the other 2 players make it a combination - and they were ALL key in how the warriors functioned.

Check out the game festus ezeli had in game 7... He played 11 minutes and was 0/4 FG, 1 reb, 1 assist, 0 blocks, 0 steals, 2 fouls. Racked up a +\- of -9 in only 11 minutes. If he played a 36 min game he would have had a -30 bomb. It was such a terrible choke that it was literally his last game as an NBA player. The next year all 30 teams passed on him.

The corpse of Anderson Varejo was just as bad. He played 8 mins and went 1/0/1/0/0 with 3 fouls. He racked up a +\- of -9 as well, in only 8 minutes of play...

So it’s safe to say if Andrew Bogut played 20 minutes instead of clown Varejao and shitty Festus Ezeli....game 7 would have been won decisively.

Harrison Barnes might have been the worst since he wasn’t a d league guy like ezeli and wasn’t over the hill like varejao. He had no excuses. It was a choke of chokes. In the last two games Harrison Barnes shot 3/18 from the field on all wide open attempts. He scored 0 points in game 6.

Iguodala was horrible in the last two games as well. He went -25 in game 6. Scored a total of 9 points over games 6 and 7. He gets somewhat of a pass though because his back went out and he could hardly move out there. Cavs exploited this greatly because they wouldn’t guard him at all because he had no shot. Same with Barnes. They dared Iguodala and Barnes to shoot the last two games over and over. Andre was so shook he stopped shooting completely while Barnes kept trying and put up one of the worst performances ever.

mehyaM24
05-04-2021, 09:45 PM
Check out the game festus ezeli had in game 7... He played 11 minutes and was 0/4 FG, 1 reb, 1 assist, 0 blocks, 0 steals, 2 fouls. Racked up a +\- of -9 in only 11 minutes. If he played a 36 min game he would have had a -30 bomb. It was such a terrible choke that it was literally his last game as an NBA player. The next year all 30 teams passed on him.

The corpse of Anderson Varejo was just as bad. He played 8 mins and went 1/0/1/0/0 with 3 fouls. He racked up a +\- of -9 as well, in only 8 minutes of play...

So it’s safe to say if Andrew Bogut played 20 minutes instead of clown Varejao and shitty Festus Ezeli....game 7 would have been won decisively.

Harrison Barnes might have been the worst since he wasn’t a d league guy like ezeli and wasn’t over the hill like varejao. He had no excuses. It was a choke of chokes. In the last two games Harrison Barnes shot 3/18 from the field on all wide open attempts. He scored 0 points in game 6.

Iguodala was horrible in the last two games as well. He went -25 in game 6. Scored a total of 9 points over games 6 and 7. He gets somewhat of a pass though because his back went out and he could hardly move out there. Cavs exploited this greatly because they wouldn’t guard him at all because he had no shot. Same with Barnes. They dared Iguodala and Barnes to shoot the last two games over and over. Andre was so shook he stopped shooting completely while Barnes kept trying and put up one of the worst performances ever.

quality posting here dude. actually forgot about "festus" but now i see why lol. and ya 15-20 minutes from bogut, or even a healthy iguodala would've been enough for them to win. don't get why people pretend this was the 17 & 18 warriors. the margin for error in 16 was razor thin, especially after the bullshit dray suspension.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 09:48 PM
his impact was higher than most role players, just like the data says. bogut didn't need to play more minutes, because that wasn't his role. heck his body probably couldn't handle it. 15 minutes of quality defense is HUGE in a series decided by 1 possession.

along with bogut, iguodala was injured & dray was wrongfully suspended. nothing new here so i don't get why you're confused.

There was plenty of better role players than bogut. And you keep saying a "series decided by one possession" but most games weren't close. The only game that this would apply to is the last one and bogut wouldn't be on the floor in the 4th to impact shit anyway.

Bogut was alright but he's not good enough to be used as an excuse to lose. Neither does iggy being hurt. Everyone is hurt come finals time that also can't be used as an excuse. And yeah green has a huge impact but it was one game. Warriors were still up 3-2 with home court advantage.

mehyaM24
05-04-2021, 09:56 PM
There was plenty of better role players than bogut. And you keep saying a "series decided by one possession" but most games weren't close. The only game that this would apply to is the last one and bogut wouldn't be on the floor in the 4th to impact shit anyway.

Bogut was alright but he's not good enough to be used as an excuse to lose. Neither does iggy being hurt. Everyone is hurt come finals time that also can't be used as an excuse. And yeah green has a huge impact but it was one game. Warriors were still up 3-2 with home court advantage.

nobody is saying different, but his imapct was higher than most. you can ignore the data, but that's the objective measure here. not your or my opinion. also the single possession stuff is a reference to game 7 - not the entire series. come on pal use your head lol. again, with bogut playing his routine 15 minutes, i would be confident taking the warriors in game 7. nothing is guaranteed of course, but i lean that way based on the data.

look at the post i just quoted from warriorfan. iguodala was close to useless after spraining his back. so ya injuries do happen but impact is impact. and not exactly expendable.

warriorfan
05-04-2021, 09:59 PM
quality posting here dude. actually forgot about "festus" but now i see why lol. and ya 15-20 minutes from bogut, or even a healthy iguodala would've been enough for them to win. don't get why people pretend this was the 17 & 18 warriors. the margin for error in 16 was razor thin, especially after the bullshit dray suspension.

For sure. The Warriors were on the ropes that year. They got worn down from the 73 win season grind and had a perfect storm of injuries and shady suspensions. Adam Silver went back AFTER the game and suspended Draymond. On the floor there was no call as LeBron obviously instigated the incident. Then after Draymond was suspended it lead to JR Smith taking out Bogut’s knee. Then Andre tweaks his back and Barnes starts having one of the GOAT chokes. If Steph Curry never hurt his MCL in the first round the Warriors still might have been able to pull it off. But with Curry not at 100 percent and getting blitzed by Cavaliers all series daring the others to beat them.... It wasn’t happening. That’s why I always laugh when trolls go “Cavs beat a 73 win team.” There is no way in hell that team that was left in the Finals wins 73 games, it would be tough for them to get in the 50+ W category at the strength they were at.

tpols
05-04-2021, 10:06 PM

Bogut got hurt in game 5 of the 2016 Finals and didn't come back. Before that games 1-4 the Warriors shut them down largely. The moment Bogut went out, Kyrie and Lebron started hanging Wilt lines. He was the playoffs leading block getter and defensive metric leader in general for the whole season. (drpm) Boguts impact cannot be understated.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 10:12 PM

Why? Bogut got hurt in game 5. In the 2 games before that he wasn't all that much more impressive. In game 3 he was 4/0/2 with 1 block and -21. In game 4 he was 0/1/1 with 1 block and 0 +/-.

It's a good story and excuse it just dosn't havy any legs. Oh and i love how you list everyone's short comings but totally ignore steph's game 7. He was 17/2/5 on 32%fg and 29% 3pt. He also had twice as many turnovers as assists including a pivotal one at the end and he played shit defense as usual. But let's just ignore that and put all the blame on the 7th best player on the team who barely plays.

You guys are awesome :facepalm

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 10:19 PM
nobody is saying different, but his imapct was higher than most. you can ignore the data, but that's the objective measure here. not your or my opinion. also the single possession stuff is a reference to game 7 - not the entire series. come on pal use your head lol. again, with bogut playing his routine 15 minutes, i would be confident taking the warriors in game 7. nothing is guaranteed of course, but i lean that way based on the data.

look at the post i just quoted from warriorfan. iguodala was close to useless after spraining his back. so ya injuries do happen but impact is impact. and not exactly expendable.

Saw the post and i don't agree. Warriors had game 7 and home court and steph put up a stinker in a one possession game. He was trash on both ends. He was 17/2/5 on 32%fg and 29% 3pt. He also had twice as many turnovers as assists including a pivotal one in crunch time. Are you kidding me? If he just plays ok warriors win. But no let's blame bogut. The 7th best player who barely plays and never plays the 4th.

I'm sorry dude your a pretty smart dude but the shit sounds dumb as hell.

RRR3
05-04-2021, 10:21 PM
13-31, lost to the Pelicans. Yikes.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 10:23 PM
Bogut got hurt in game 5 of the 2016 Finals and didn't come back. Before that games 1-4 the Warriors shut them down largely. The moment Bogut went out, Kyrie and Lebron started hanging Wilt lines. He was the playoffs leading block getter and defensive metric leader in general for the whole season. (drpm) Boguts impact cannot be understated.

Hard to say the year before that the opposite was true. Warriors were losing with bogut and when he went out in the beginning of game 4 i believe the warriors started winning.

Plus warriors had a game 7 home court and steph was absolute garbage in a one game possession. If he just plays 50% of his usual self they win. Blame has to go mostly on steph dude. He's the leader and best player and he didn't show up when they neede him too

mehyaM24
Saw the post and i don't agree. Warriors had game 7 and home court and steph put up a stinker in a one possession game. He was trash on both ends. He was 17/2/5 on 32%fg and 29% 3pt. He also had twice as many turnovers as assists including a pivotal one in crunch time. Are you kidding me? If he just plays ok warriors win. But no let's blame bogut. The 7th best player who barely plays and never plays the 4th.

I'm sorry dude your a pretty smart dude but the shit sounds dumb as hell.

where did i say curry played well? the debate was on "asterisks" & injuries, and the latter was big for the warriors. nobody is "blaming" bogut wtf :oldlol:

look, if you want to ignore the facts, that's on you. i prefer living in reality though.

warriorfan
Why? Bogut got hurt in game 5. In the 2 games before that he wasn't all that much more impressive. In game 3 he was 4/0/2 with 1 block and -21. In game 4 he was 0/1/1 with 1 block and 0 +/-.

It's a good story and excuse it just dosn't havy any legs. Oh and i love how you list everyone's short comings but totally ignore steph's game 7. He was 17/2/5 on 32%fg and 29% 3pt. He also had twice as many turnovers as assists including a pivotal one at the end and he played shit defense as usual. But let's just ignore that and put all the blame on the 7th best player on the team who barely plays.

You guys are awesome :facepalm

You just proved my point. If Andrew Bogut managed to pull off a +/- of 0 in game 7. Warriors win big.

Like tpols said...go check LeBron splits in games 1-4, then 5-7...

What was different in the first 4 than the last 3?

Andrew Bogut.

LeBron only started going off after Bogut was out. He feasted on the fact there was zero rim protection.

It’s well known that LeBron struggles with quality rim protection. Or even any sort of rim protection really. I mean Bismack Biyombo was successfully slowing him down in just the previous round in the ECF that year.

Look. You can sit around and troll all you want but the facts remain the same. If Bogut plays game 7, the Warriors win easily.

RRR3
05-04-2021, 10:25 PM
Steph comes up SMALL in the clutch.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 10:26 PM
where did i say curry played well? the debate was on "asterisks" & injuries, and the latter was big for the warriors. nobody is "blaming" bogut wtf :oldlol: look, if you want to ignore the facts, that's on you. i prefer living in reality though.

Cool so you agree Bogut, iggy and greens situations were irrelevant? You agree warriors win game 7 if curry wasn't trash?

mehyaM24
05-04-2021, 10:27 PM
Cool so you agree Bogut, iggy and greens situations were irrelevant? You agree warriors win game 7 if curry wasn't trash?

where in my post made you come to that conclusion?

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 10:28 PM
You just proved my point. If Andrew Bogut managed to pull off a +/- of 0 in game 7. Warriors win big.

Like tpols said...go check LeBron splits in games 1-4, then 5-7...

What was different in the first 4 than the last 3?

Andrew Bogut.

LeBron only started going off after Bogut was out. He feasted on the fact there was zero rim protection.

It’s well known that LeBron struggles with quality rim protection. Or even any sort of rim protection any. I mean Bismack Biyombo was successfully slowing him down in just the previous round in the ECF that year.

Look. You can sit around and troll all you want but the facts remain the same. If Bogut plays game 7, the Warriors win easily.

Bruh it's irrelevant really. Warriors should of won game 7 but they didn't because steph didn't show up. You agree that if steph wasn't trash in game 7 warriors win right? If that was almost any other atg in steph's place the warriors win.

warriorfan
05-04-2021, 10:31 PM
Bruh it's irrelevant really. Warriors should of won game 7 but they didn't because steph didn't show up. You agree that if steph wasn't trash in game 7 warriors win right? If that was almost any other atg in steph's place the warriors win.

Thanks for conceding your point.

Have a good one lil bronbron. :cheers:

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 10:35 PM
where in my post made you come to that conclusion?

That's all that matters dude. You guys are making it seem like bogut being out was one of the main reasons why warriors lost. That's b.s though because warriors had the series won. All steph had to do was play ok. He didn't though he was trash. So ultimately it's on him. Everything else didn't matter at that point. Drays suspension, iggy's back boguts injury. All steph had to do was play ok and they win. You kept bringing up a one possession game being crucial but in the only one possession game curry messed up countless possessions. The game and chip was his to decide.

Bronbron23
05-04-2021, 10:36 PM
Thanks for conceding your point.

Have a good one lil bronbron. :cheers:

Right. Nice dodging the question. Don't blame you for not answering. You really can't

mehyaM24
05-04-2021, 10:49 PM
That's all that matters dude. You guys are making it seem like bogut being out was one of the main reasons why warriors lost. That's b.s though because warriors had the series won. All steph had to do was play ok. He didn't though he was trash. So ultimately it's on him. Everything else didn't matter at that point. Drays suspension, iggy's back boguts injury. All steph had to do was play ok and they win. You kept bringing up a one possession game being crucial but in the only one possession game curry messed up countless possessions. The game and chip was his to decide.

you're deflecting though. again, all i'm saying is that bogut and iguodala's injuries were big for the warriors. throw in the dray suspension too. heck if he plays game 5 they likely wrap it up in oakland. that's the original topic at hand. i don't excuse curry's play either. if you just want to talk about game 7 then i agree. curry could have played better and the warriors COULD HAVE won. is it tougher when you're missing 2 starters? yep, but since you don't care about context, sure curry could have played better.

Axe
05-04-2021, 10:56 PM
Chef only scored 17 points during that game, well below the 30 points mark set by his teammate donkey in the same affair lmao. It's probably due to getting spooked by matthew dellavedova.

Smoke117
05-04-2021, 11:45 PM
Dingo mode :roll: :roll: giving up 33 to Lonzo :roll:

welfarefan
05-04-2021, 11:53 PM
Bronbron23 has me fuming on 5 different accounts in this thread. I might have to hop on another account so my 48hr meltdown doesn't look pathetic

mehyaM24
05-04-2021, 11:54 PM
Bronbron23 has me fuming on 5 different accounts in this thread. I might have to hop on another account so my 48hr meltdown doesn't look pathetic

why do you have an account dedicated to another poster? lol

warriorfan
05-05-2021, 12:57 AM
why do you have an account dedicated to another poster? lol

Dude made an account to follow me around with weird projections of himself while I have him on ignore.

He lonely :lol

Bronbron23
05-05-2021, 10:16 AM
you're deflecting though. again, all i'm saying is that bogut and iguodala's injuries were big for the warriors. throw in the dray suspension too. heck if he plays game 5 they likely wrap it up in oakland. that's the original topic at hand. i don't excuse curry's play either. if you just want to talk about game 7 then i agree. curry could have played better and the warriors COULD HAVE won. is it tougher when you're missing 2 starters? yep, but since you don't care about context, sure curry could have played better.

Yes context obviously matters. Would they have had a better chance if dray wasn't suspended or bogut not got hurt? Sure. Would they have won? Who knows. Again it's kind of irrelevant though because they should of won regardless. They didn't though and steph should take the blame for that.

That all said the asterisk thing dosn't really matter. even if concede that both were asterisks or neither were asterisk the fact still remains that the kdless warriors were overrated. They weren't one of the greatest teams ever. They only had one chip. They weren't an atg team until they got kd. This is why they went out and got kd. They knew it was never gonna be a fair fight between bron and steph. 2016 made that very clear.

Bronbron23
05-05-2021, 10:23 AM
Dude made an account to follow me around with weird projections of himself while I have him on ignore.

He lonely :lol

Nah i don't need help kicking your ass all over the place. That shit is easier than taking a fmvp trophy from your boi steph:facepalm

8Ball
05-05-2021, 10:59 AM

Kevin Love had a concussion and did miss a game.

Nobody talks about that.

mehyaM24
05-05-2021, 11:51 AM
Yes context obviously matters. Would they have had a better chance if dray wasn't suspended or bogut not got hurt? Sure. Would they have won? Who knows. Again it's kind of irrelevant though because they should of won regardless. They didn't though and steph should take the blame for that.

That all said the asterisk thing dosn't really matter. even if concede that both were asterisks or neither were asterisk the fact still remains that the kdless warriors were overrated. They weren't one of the greatest teams ever. They only had one chip. They weren't an atg team until they got kd. This is why they went out and got kd. They knew it was never gonna be a fair fight between bron and steph. 2016 made that very clear.

they were FAR from full strength, so no, i don't think "should have" won. that warriors team wasn't the 17 or 18 version either, and needed all the help they could get. you call them overrated and while i disagree with that, we both agree they weren't unstoppable and CLEARLY beatable.

acquiring kd was overkill. a quasi star would have been enough lol

Nobody talks about that.

good point. cavs won that game too. and look, i don't take anything away from lebron. my argument is just on the silly notion of "asterisks". a lockout is probably the closest thing but even that might be reaching.

Bronbron23
05-05-2021, 12:25 PM
they were FAR from full strength, so no, i don't think "should have" won. that warriors team wasn't the 17 or 18 version either, and needed all the help they could get. you call them overrated and while i disagree with that, we both agree they weren't unstoppable and CLEARLY beatable.

acquiring kd was overkill. a quasi star would have been enough lol

good point. cavs won that game too. and look, i don't take anything away from lebron. my argument is just on the silly notion of "asterisks". a lockout is probably the closest thing but even that might be reaching.

Well i agree they weren't full strength but i think they definitely should of won. One possession game with your point gaurd who's apparently on bron and mj's level and he puts up a huge dud. Gets 17 points and 2 assists on trash efficiency. So yeah it's safe to say they should of won and would of won if he played even just a little bit better. Not sure how anyone can disagree with that looking at his performance but that's fine.

mehyaM24
05-05-2021, 12:38 PM
i think they definitely should of won. One possession game with your point gaurd who's apparently on bron and mj's level and he puts up a huge dud. Gets 17 points and 2 assists on trash efficiency. So yeah it's safe to say they should of won and would of won if he played even just a little bit better. Not sure how anyone can disagree with that looking at his performance but that's fine.

ya well i dont put him on mj or lebron's level. not many do except his stans. curry could have played better but that win was far from a guarantee. without 2 starters nobody should throw around phrases like "should have won" or "safe to say they win". especially against a preasesaon favorite. with kd though of course the margin of error is bigger.

bottom line, lebron gets credit just like curry does in 15.

Bronbron23
05-05-2021, 12:47 PM
ya well i dont put him on mj or lebron's level. not many do except his stans. curry could have played better but that win was far from a guarantee. without 2 starters nobody should throw around phrases like "should have won" or "safe to say they win". especially against a preasesaon favorite. with kd though of course the margin of error is bigger.

bottom line, lebron gets credit just like curry does in 15.

Well he didn't even have to play like mj or bron. If he had of just played like a solid second option they would of won but again I'm fine with saying neither was an asterisk. It doesn't really matter as far as my main point that the pre kd Warriors and steph weren't an atg dynasty. One championship alone dosn't earn you that title.

tpols
05-05-2021, 12:58 PM
Hard to say the year before that the opposite was true. Warriors were losing with bogut and when he went out in the beginning of game 4 i believe the warriors started winning.

Plus warriors had a game 7 home court and steph was absolute garbage in a one game possession. If he just plays 50% of his usual self they win. Blame has to go mostly on steph dude. He's the leader and best player and he didn't show up when they neede him too

Obviously blame goes on Steph since that was the worst playoff series of his career, but all superstars have a down series once in a while. Curry still dropped 22 a game which is more than '04 Kobe or '11 LeBron or '07 Dirk etc. But that doesn't mean Bogut wasn't important. He literally graded out as the most impactful defensive player in the entire NBA that year. And his replacements ~ ezeli and speights have been G league ever since that year.

tpols
05-05-2021, 12:59 PM

Nobody talks about that.

Yea that was game 3 and Cleveland won that game by 30 points lmao.

Bronbron23
05-05-2021, 01:25 PM
Obviously blame goes on Steph since that was the worst playoff series of his career, but all superstars have a down series once in a while. Curry still dropped 22 a game which is more than '04 Kobe or '11 LeBron or '07 Dirk etc. But that doesn't mean Bogut wasn't important. He literally graded out as the most impactful defensive player in the entire NBA that year. And his replacements ~ ezeli and speights have been G league ever since that year.

Ok so he definitely didn't grade out as the most impactful defensive player. I mean he played 2 to 3 times less than the other top defenders in the league for a reason. He also wasn't anywhere near the top of the list for dpoy voting or all defensive teams. I do agree he was impactul when he was on we just disagree how impactul he was.

As far as curry's play the difference between him and most greats when they're having off games is they still impact the game in other ways. Lebron and kobe were both elite defensively. Curry only gives you scoring. When he's struggling in that area he does nothing for you. If anything he just hurts you because he's a liability defensively.

Stephonit
05-05-2021, 04:03 PM
Ok so he definitely didn't grade out as the most impactful defensive player. I mean he played 2 to 3 times less than the other top defenders in the league for a reason. He also wasn't anywhere near the top of the list for dpoy voting or all defensive teams. I do agree he was impactul when he was on we just disagree how impactul he was.

As far as curry's play the difference between him and most greats when they're having off games is they still impact the game in other ways. Lebron and kobe were both elite defensively. Curry only gives you scoring. When he's struggling in that area he does nothing for you. If anything he just hurts you because he's a liability defensively.

One of the dumbest narratives about Curry. When Curry is struggling his impact is still felt, perhaps more than other stars even with their defense. Green isn't going for 30 without Curry on the floor.

Bronbron23
05-05-2021, 04:12 PM
One of the dumbest narratives about Curry. When Curry is struggling his impact is still felt, perhaps more than other stars even with their defense. Green isn't going for 30 without Curry on the floor.

Yeah but that's a given for all atg scorers. They all impact the game when they're not scoring because of the attention they draw.

Axe
05-05-2021, 08:30 PM
When he's struggling, sure enough his impact is felt... by opposing players tho. Many of them would flourish when they are guarding them.