05-06-2021, 07:50 PM
Larry bird- 25%
Kobe bryant- 26%
Michael jordan- 40%
Magic johnson- 42%
Kareem- 32%
Tim duncan- 26%
Bill russell- 85%

Didn't put lebron in because he's obviously not done but at the moment he's at 24%. If he wins this year he'd be at 28% and if he loses he'll be at 22%

And looking at the numbers i wonder how many more chips magic would of had if he didn't get hiv. He was still in his prime. With the right pieces he possibly gets another chip or 2 and takes 1 or 2 away from mj and he most likely is viewed as the goat by most.

Also bill russells winning percentage is absolutely ridiculous.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-06-2021, 08:14 PM
Hoops hype did a list last in march 2020 and not much has changed

1. KAWHI LEONARD: 75.3 percent for career

Playoff winning percentage: 65.8 percent

2. MAGIC JOHNSON: 74.0 percent for career

Playoff winning percentage: 67.4 percent

3. LARRY BIRD: 73.6 percent for career

Playoff winning percentage: 60.4 percent

HBK_Kliq_2
05-06-2021, 08:17 PM
Larry bird- 25%
Kobe bryant- 26%
Michael jordan- 40%
Magic johnson- 42%
Kareem- 32%
Tim duncan- 26%
Bill russell- 85%

Didn't put lebron in because he's obviously not done but at the moment he's at 24%. If he wins this year he'd be at 28% and if he loses he'll be at 22%

And looking at the numbers i wonder how many more chips magic would of had if he didn't get hiv. He was still in his prime. With the right pieces he possibly gets another chip or 2 and takes 1 or 2 away from mj and he most likely is viewed as the goat by most.

Also bill russells winning percentage is absolutely ridiculous.

Magic would never be viewed as the goat because he's not a good enough scorer or defender.

Scoring and defending are the most important things in basketball.

Bronbron23
05-06-2021, 08:33 PM
Magic would never be viewed as the goat because he's not a good enough scorer or defender.

Scoring and defending are the most important things in basketball.

I don't know. There's more to offense than just scoring. Magic averaged 20/12 in the finals for his career. Imo that's just ast as good as someone putting up 30/6.

As far as defense he wasn't the best but he was goid enough. He led the league in steals twice and in he was big and long. It's not like he was steph curry or something.

mehyaM24
05-06-2021, 08:41 PM
where do you rank lebron if he loses this year? 22% would be worse than anyone in your OP, and a pretty low winning percentage. because of circumstance, i'm not big on team achievements. obviously they matter but in lebron's case he also faced tough finals comp. arguably the toughest.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-06-2021, 08:47 PM
I don't know. There's more to offense than just scoring. Magic averaged 20/12 in the finals for his career. Imo that's just ast as good as someone putting up 30/6.

As far as defense he wasn't the best but he was goid enough. He led the league in steals twice and in he was big and long. It's not like he was steph curry or something.

He's nothing close to being a lockdown defender. To be goat level, you should be elite on both ends of the floor.

His playoff VORP peak was 2.2 in 965 minutes during the 1988 season

Kawhi had a VORP of 2.9 in just 939 minutes during the 2019 season.

26 less minutes and still .7 higher VORP.

Bronbron23
05-06-2021, 09:00 PM
where do you rank lebron if he loses this year? 22% would be worse than anyone in your OP, and a pretty low winning percentage. because of circumstance, i'm not big on team achievements. obviously they matter but in lebron's case he also faced tough finals comp. arguably the toughest.

Well i wouldn't say 22% is low. 22% is still pretty good. As far as him facing tough or the toughest i don't know. It's not like he wasn't on stacked teams himself. Plus if he won in 2011 and 2014 like he could of he'd have a much better winning percentage.

As far as the question i'd still have bron ranked somewhere in the top 5 behind mj if he loses. At this point at his age i don't think he can hurt his rankings. He can help it. If he wins i'd have him tied with mj but i don't do goats because i never saw some of the other atg play.

Bronbron23
05-06-2021, 09:08 PM
He's nothing close to being a lockdown defender. To be goat level, you should be elite on both ends of the floor.

His playoff VORP peak was 2.2 in 965 minutes during the 1988 season

Kawhi had a VORP of 2.9 in just 939 minutes during the 2019 season.

26 less minutes and still .7 higher VORP.

In general i agree. I just think magic could be the exception. He's probably the greatest floor general ever. The stats don't fully capture how dominant he was.

As far as kawhi i agree He's a much better defender i just think magic was a way better passer, leader and floor general. I think his edge in those areas outweighs kawhi's edge in scoring and defense

mehyaM24
05-06-2021, 09:11 PM
Well i wouldn't say 22% is low. 22% is still pretty good. As far as him facing tough or the toughest i don't know. It's not like he wasn't on stacked teams himself. Plus if he won in 2011 and 2014 like he could of he'd have a much better winning percentage.

As far as the question i'd still have bron ranked somewhere in the top 5 behind mj if he loses. At this point at his age i don't think he can hurt his rankings. He can help it. If he wins i'd have him tied with mj but i don't do goats because i never saw some of the other atg play.

lebron was on very good teams, but nobody really expected him to win in 07, 15, 17 & 18. you could say lebron threw one away in 2011, but overall i think he's met expectation. i have lebron a bit higher than top 5, but that's fair. jordan/kareem/russell etc have legit cases too.

Bronbron23
05-06-2021, 09:43 PM
lebron was on very good teams, but nobody really expected him to win in 07, 15, 17 & 18. you could say lebron threw one away in 2011, but overall i think he's met expectation. i have lebron a bit higher than top 5, but that's fair. jordan/kareem/russell etc have legit cases too.

Yeah i agree he didn't have much of a chance those years with maybe 17 being the exception. 18 Rockets had the kd warriors beat and i think 17 cavs were better than that Rockets team so it was possible but i don't fault him for that loss. I do think he definitely had a chance in 11 and 14 though. As far as him being top 5 i'm not saying he's 5 its just hard to place him or mj because i never saw kareem or Russell play. For argument sake day Russell and Kareem were 1 and 2 i'd have mj at 3 and bron at 4 or 5. I really don't know. I do have him a little behind mj so i guess at best i'd have him at 2 and at worst i'd have him number 5.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-06-2021, 09:48 PM
In general i agree. I just think magic could be the exception. He's probably the greatest floor general ever. The stats don't fully capture how dominant he was.

As far as kawhi i agree He's a much better defender i just think magic was a way better passer, leader and floor general. I think his edge in those areas outweighs kawhi's edge in scoring and defense

Kawhi averaged 31/4/9 on 62% TS and elite defense for an entire playoff run that resulted in a ring.

Magic never did anything close to that and never eliminated three players the caliber of curry/giannis/Embiid all in 1 playoff run like kawhi did that same playoffs either.

So kawhi destroys him in shooting, scoring, defense, draws more double teams and attention. Also a better rebounder as kawhi averaged 4 offensive rebounds a game in elimination games over giannis/Embiid. So that pretty much makes kawhi better then magic at everything! Only magic is better at is catching aids!

You must be a huge magic fan to think he's a better player. Kawhi's team has a 124 offensive rating when he's on the court this season, so he's basically matching magic Johnson impact and giving you lockdown defense. Magic just doesn't have the 2 way impact of kawhi, jordan, LeBron and anybody who disagrees is most likely a clueless idiot.

Bronbron23
05-06-2021, 10:33 PM
Kawhi averaged 31/4/9 on 62% TS and elite defense for an entire playoff run that resulted in a ring.

Magic never did anything close to that and never eliminated three players the caliber of curry/giannis/Embiid all in 1 playoff run like kawhi did that same playoffs either.

So kawhi destroys him in shooting, scoring, defense, draws more double teams and attention. Also a better rebounder as kawhi averaged 4 offensive rebounds a game in elimination games over giannis/Embiid. So that pretty much makes kawhi better then magic at everything! Only magic is better at is catching aids!

You must be a huge magic fan to think he's a better player. Kawhi's team has a 124 offensive rating when he's on the court this season, so he's basically matching magic Johnson impact and giving you lockdown defense. Magic just doesn't have the 2 way impact of kawhi, jordan, LeBron and anybody who disagrees is most likely a clueless idiot.

First off kawhi has akways been one of my favs but your trippin. Magic beat the celtics dude. That's better than any team that kawhi ever beat. There's nothing special about beating that bucs and philly team and the warriors clearly weren't healthy. Kawhi was great though don't get me wrong.

And he does not face more double teams.. He's always gonna be solid and get you 25-30 but he ain't that kind of a scorer. Defenses don't worry about him dropping a 40 or 50 piece like other atg scorers. He's not that dude.

And he's not a better rebounder either don't know what your talking about there.

Look dude kawhi is great but the truth is he has 2 chips. One was with him putting up less everything including points as magic so i guess that means that chip isn't worth much. The other was against a team riddled with injuries. I mean last year with a great team he was sub par and lost to the nuggets. Magic would of beat that yeam in his sleep in his prime.

Sorry man i love kawhi but he ain't magic.

And1AllDay
05-06-2021, 11:24 PM
bill russell goat by this metric

doubled up what mike did :oldlol:

what is mike #1 at? weakest chips? :oldlol:

mehyaM24
05-06-2021, 11:28 PM
bill russell goat by this metric

doubled up what mike did :oldlol:

what is mike #1 at? weakest chips? :oldlol:

russell has a good argument though. that dude had the game down to a science. i mean, in his final season he won being a player-coach lol