PDA

View Full Version : Is it better for the Lakers to finish 7th or 8th?

Stephonit
05-07-2021, 11:27 AM
Isn't it better for the Lakers if they finished 7th or 8th? That way they avoid the Clippers and Nuggets in the first round and face the Jazz or Suns instead? Is that what they're actually trying to do?

dankok8
05-07-2021, 11:42 AM
The Lakers could be the first #8 seed to sweep the #1 seed.

mehyaM24
05-07-2021, 11:43 AM
lakers aren't scared of denver. especially without murray. they should avoid the jazz and clippers.. aka best of the west.

The Lakers could be the first #8 seed to sweep the #1 seed.

well the jazz are 1st. and there's no way you think la is sweeping lol. in fact, utah is one of the teams they don't wanna play in the first round.

bladefd
05-07-2021, 02:26 PM
lakers aren't scared of denver. especially without murray. they should avoid the jazz and clippers.. aka best of the west.

well the jazz are 1st. and there's no way you think la is sweeping lol. in fact, utah is one of the teams they don't wanna play in the first round.

I wouldn't mind playing jazz or denver in first round. I prefer Denver ofc but jazz is fine imo. We match up well with them. I think LeBron/Davis/Schroeder/Gasol would be solid against them. I would probably limit Drummond's minutes because of his defensive issues

HBK_Kliq_2
05-07-2021, 02:44 PM
Seems like LeBron returned for like a game and a half, realized if they keep winning they would face clippers in 1st round. So to avoid this, decided to complain about his ankle again to tank to the play in tournament. Pretty risk though because all you have to do is lose the play in and you're going home. Just shows the fear that kawhi has over lebron's mind.

ShawkFactory
05-07-2021, 02:45 PM
It's better if they play the Suns. Way too much size for the Suns to handle.

StrongLurk
05-07-2021, 02:52 PM
OP it doesn't matter, they are toast this year. Wouldn't surprise me if they lose the play-in either.

Real Men Wear Green
05-07-2021, 03:22 PM
No. No one that can finish above one of the play-in spots would choose otherwise. Davis and James need as many games off as possible to recuperate and with David also having had a lot of injuries you don't want to have to play him even more.

When healthy a team with James and Davis can beat anyone. "When healthy." For this Lakers team no factor is more important.

And on a side note as tough as the Clippers may be Lakers would have home court in every game of that series.

Xiao Yao You
05-07-2021, 03:34 PM
should finish at least 6th. No guarantee in a one game play in

999Guy
05-07-2021, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't mind playing jazz or denver in first round. I prefer Denver ofc but jazz is fine imo. We match up well with them. I think LeBron/Davis/Schroeder/Gasol would be solid against them. I would probably limit Drummond's minutes because of his defensive issues
You just named 3 rim pressure guys and they have the best rim protector in a generation while LA has shit shooting so all their drives are getting dug in on to begin with.

In a month this will sound like the most obvious shit, but I am taking you, you do not want to face a 10 SRS two way juggernaut without HCA.

Go look up Mike Conley’s last 2 playoff runs.

Duderonomy
05-07-2021, 03:42 PM
It's unlikely this Lakers team loses two in a row and miss the playoffs but facing the inexperienced Suns with the 7th seed is their best bet.

dankok8
05-07-2021, 03:45 PM

I totally think a healthy Lakers team is sweeping Utah.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-07-2021, 04:26 PM
I totally think a healthy Lakers team is sweeping Utah.

Have you seen Drummond play basketball?

Or gasol's washed up fatass?

Or harrell's retarded midget ass?

Davis will have to play like 10x better then he has this season.

I don't see them sweeping anybody. Even LeBron has had a pretty average season for his standards.

Xiao Yao You
05-07-2021, 04:41 PM

I don't see them sweeping anybody. Even LeBron has had a pretty average season for his standards.

he thinks Drummond is as good as Gobert :lol

HBK_Kliq_2
05-07-2021, 05:07 PM
he thinks Drummond is as good as Gobert :lol

That's just as bad as his Iverson over Manu take

Axe
05-07-2021, 05:16 PM

The audacity of this insufferable prick to talk bs and trash other players as if the flippers are winning the ring this year.

bladefd
05-07-2021, 07:07 PM
You just named 3 rim pressure guys and they have the best rim protector in a generation while LA has shit shooting so all their drives are getting dug in on to begin with.

In a month this will sound like the most obvious shit, but I am taking you, you do not want to face a 10 SRS two way juggernaut without HCA.

Go look up Mike Conley’s last 2 playoff runs.

Utah would be tough & not walk in the park, but I think we can do it. LeBron usually destroys Utah just like Kobe used to. Rudy doesn't worry me at all. Davis would destroy Rudy. Only thing that would make me nervous would be their 3pt shooting, which is nuts when they start rolling. I don't think we can handle Clippers or Suns in 1st round.

Order of teams I would be okay playing in 1st round from most want to least want:
Denver
Jazz
Suns
Clippers

bladefd
05-07-2021, 11:01 PM
Lakers offense is absolutely abysmal because there is no point-guard until LeBron returns. These many turnovers makes it impossible to do much against decent teams.

6 or 7 are the most realistic seeds. They end season on a decent stretch of 5 games that they can win most of them with LeBron. 5 looks unlikely because Mavs schedule looks easy, 8 I can't see happening because Warriors are too far back. I believe Blazers are taking the tiebreaker tonight. Unless if Denver takes 3rd seed (Clippers end season with easier schedule), it looks like Lakers will face Clippers or Suns in 1st round..

Axe
05-07-2021, 11:37 PM
Lakers offense is absolutely abysmal because there is no point-guard until LeBron returns. These many turnovers makes it impossible to do much against decent teams.

6 or 7 are the most realistic seeds. They end season on a decent stretch of 5 games that they can win most of them with LeBron. 5 looks unlikely because Mavs schedule looks easy, 8 I can't see happening because Warriors are too far back. I believe Blazers are taking the tiebreaker tonight. Unless if Denver takes 3rd seed (Clippers end season with easier schedule), it looks like Lakers will face Clippers or Suns in 1st round..
It's hard for them also when schroder isn't around.

kawhileonard2
05-08-2021, 12:04 AM
Lebron wants no part of Kawhi in a series.

hold this L
05-08-2021, 12:31 AM
Looks like we're heading into a Curry vs Lebron Part IV PS, though this time for only one match. Silver probably has boner just thinking about those rating numbers.

This must be HBBrick's alt account right?

https://media.tenor.com/images/047ae5a48bc361c819cc170d0e758a10/tenor.gif

dankok8
05-08-2021, 02:09 AM

Davis in the playoffs will play with the kind of effort like he did tonight or better.

bladefd
05-08-2021, 02:53 AM
Davis in the playoffs will play with the kind of effort like he did tonight or better.

LeBron is still a question mark. He will have 5 games to get back into basketball shape. That's not enough time. Schroeder will have only 2 games - that leaves very little room for error.

Axe
05-08-2021, 03:05 AM
Looks like we're heading into a Curry vs Lebron Part IV PS, though this time for only one match. Silver probably has boner just thinking about those rating numbers.

This must be HBBrick's alt account right?

https://media.tenor.com/images/047ae5a48bc361c819cc170d0e758a10/tenor.gif
Nah.

coin24
05-08-2021, 03:10 AM
Lakers are toast..

Drummond has been total dog shit

ImKobe
05-08-2021, 07:52 AM

https://ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2013/06/lebronkawhi.gif

Thenameless
05-08-2021, 01:45 PM
Isn't it better for the Lakers if they finished 7th or 8th? That way they avoid the Clippers and Nuggets in the first round and face the Jazz or Suns instead? Is that what they're actually trying to do?

Yeah, I would agree with this. But, in the end, you usually have to go through the tough teams anyway. It could give them more time to gel if they start with easier opponents.