PDA

View Full Version : If you still believe Kevin Durant is better than James Harden come forth.

999Guy
05-07-2021, 05:38 PM
Feel like counting the dummies.

FultzNationRISE
05-07-2021, 07:58 PM
We talkin regular season or post season?

Full Court
05-07-2021, 08:06 PM
How many championships has Harden won?

HBK_Kliq_2
05-07-2021, 08:32 PM
I think it depends on the type of team it is.

Durant seems more portable as you can put him on any team because he doesn't dribble a lot, can easily be assisted.

While harden has the worst off ball game in nba history for a superstar and he needs to be the primary ball handler and doesn't know how to be assisted. Have you seen harden's body language when Irving has the ball? He stands there like he's miserable and waiting in a line at a coffee shop. Harden has no idea how to play off the ball, this is why he was used as a 6th man in OKC and why Chris Paul grew to hate him.

If its a team of just role players, I think harden would make them a better team then Durant would.

If its a team that already has established scorers and playmakers, Durant would be able to naturally fit in better.

Axe
05-07-2021, 08:52 PM
:oldlol:

Marchesk
05-07-2021, 09:31 PM

How many 73 win teams has Harden joined?

Full Court
05-07-2021, 09:36 PM
How many 73 win teams has Harden joined?

Harden joined up with Durant this year. Not the other way around. Just saying.

PeroAntic
05-07-2021, 10:08 PM

Durant seems more portable as you can put him on any team because he doesn't dribble a lot, can easily be assisted.

While harden has the worst off ball game in nba history for a superstar and he needs to be the primary ball handler and doesn't know how to be assisted. Have you seen harden's body language when Irving has the ball? He stands there like he's miserable and waiting in a line at a coffee shop. Harden has no idea how to play off the ball, this is why he was used as a 6th man in OKC and why Chris Paul grew to hate him.

If its a team of just role players, I think harden would make them a better team then Durant would.

If its a team that already has established scorers and playmakers, Durant would be able to naturally fit in better.

But 3ball said because he can shoot the ball he is automatically a good off ball player. :facepalm

imdaman99
05-07-2021, 11:24 PM
Durant only plays on stacked teams now, dude is as fraud as it gets. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. And I was opposed to Harden tanking on Houston earlier in the year, but Harden has balled with mediocre players around him up until now. Durant??? Not so much.

And1AllDay
05-07-2021, 11:58 PM
but what about their mid range fg% and drop steps?

:oldlol::roll::roll:

kawhileonard2
05-08-2021, 12:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVsah5EBKuI

ImKobe
05-08-2021, 06:08 AM
When has Harden ever been better than Durant when it mattered (Playoffs) ?

ArbitraryWater
05-08-2021, 06:26 AM
When has Harden ever been better than Durant when it mattered (Playoffs) ?

In their very last meeting?

https://i.gyazo.com/6af55f1cfe3f7358dc31264b9a1e9440.png

https://i.gyazo.com/a8aa6f5764c00b1d225fe75ffe8c0703.png

DoctorP
05-08-2021, 07:04 AM

A sane, quality post.

ImKobe
05-08-2021, 07:37 AM
In their very last meeting?

https://i.gyazo.com/6af55f1cfe3f7358dc31264b9a1e9440.png

https://i.gyazo.com/a8aa6f5764c00b1d225fe75ffe8c0703.png

Durant got injured and didn't finish his last game though, so the averages are a litle skewed here.

Looking at the full games (1-4)

Durant 36/5/5 59.6%TS, 24.3 GmSc, 25 FGA 11.8 FTA
Harden 36/8/5 57.2%TS 23.4 GmSc 27 FGA 9.8 FTA

TS% aside, KD had 46/48/85 splits to Harden's 42/34/90

That's as close as James ever got, but KD was more efficient and Harden didn't win another game despite Durant's injury.

ArbitraryWater
05-08-2021, 07:42 AM

Does that hold up in reality though?

Harden joined this Nets team with KD & Irving & cast (stacked), and improved them A LOT. Durant & Irving probably weren't going anyway. Both get their own, but Harden generates an entire offense. Harden does better with Kyrie than Durant does.

Durant is a vicious scoring machine, but Harden is pretty OP himself.

And he gets the entire offense going.

Sure, he "is" the system, gift and a curse, but the system as seen in Brooklyn, doesn't just work on middling teams.

His style works. He just needs partnership.

Heck, he and Paul were championship cruising before the latter's injury, against the very KD/Curry Warriors who had more talent.

KD's portability also has its limits/negatives.

He is incredibly reliable and can always be gone to, but, he's also a bit of a ballstopper... at his worst, a chucker. Thats the expense of it.

Now overall / historically you have to take KD.

He's just had more big playoff moments and been more cut-throat.

But if Harden maintains his playoff production of the last two years, big moments should come by themselves since he has plenty of support, and one would have to wonder, would he really have less moments + achievements had it been him who joined the 73-win team?

ArbitraryWater
05-08-2021, 07:42 AM
Durant got injured and didn't finish his last game though, so the averages are a litle skewed here.

Looking at the full games (1-4)

Durant 36/5/5 59.6%TS, 24.3 GmSc, 25 FGA 11.8 FTA
Harden 36/8/5 57.2%TS 23.4 GmSc 27 FGA 9.8 FTA

TS% aside, KD had 46/48/85 splits to Harden's 42/34/90

That's as close as James ever got, but KD was more efficient and Harden didn't win another game despite Durant's injury.

How was KD more efficient?

I thought you considered FG% outdated and TS% was your go-to?

Harden's TS is better :confusedshrug:

ImKobe
05-08-2021, 07:53 AM
How was KD more efficient?

I thought you considered FG% outdated and TS% was your go-to?

Harden's TS is better :confusedshrug:

He had better FG%, 3PT% and TS% in the 4 full games they played? Including GameScore? The only reason Harden edges him out overall for the series is because he played an extra 1.5 games while Durant got injured in the middle of his last one..

outofstomach
05-08-2021, 11:00 AM
Does that hold up in reality though?

Harden joined this Nets team with KD & Irving & cast (stacked), and improved them A LOT. Durant & Irving probably weren't going anyway. Both get their own, but Harden generates an entire offense. Harden does better with Kyrie than Durant does.

Durant is a vicious scoring machine, but Harden is pretty OP himself.

And he gets the entire offense going.

Sure, he "is" the system, gift and a curse, but the system as seen in Brooklyn, doesn't just work on middling teams.

His style works. He just needs partnership.

Heck, he and Paul were championship cruising before the latter's injury, against the very KD/Curry Warriors who had more talent.

KD's portability also has its limits/negatives.

He is incredibly reliable and can always be gone to, but, he's also a bit of a ballstopper... at his worst, a chucker. Thats the expense of it.

Now overall / historically you have to take KD.

He's just had more big playoff moments and been more cut-throat.

But if Harden maintains his playoff production of the last two years, big moments should come by themselves since he has plenty of support, and one would have to wonder, would he really have less moments + achievements had it been him who joined the 73-win team?high IQ post