PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons pod with Ryen Russillo

ZionDunks
05-10-2021, 11:56 PM
I listen. I have to say it’s comical to listen to these two spares talk about NBA right now like it’s 1998 and still culturally relevant, as if anyone outside of me, a handful and China still care.

Does this give anyone else a chuckle that Simmons still dedicates his life to NBA and his talk about league pass best watches (Bill no one has league pass or pays for that garbage)?

“I’m 50%! Italian!”

lindaperryly
05-11-2021, 12:13 AM
I am here to introduce you to standard deviation calculator (https://standard-deviationcalculator.com) free

mehyaM24
05-11-2021, 12:29 AM
you gotta know which players and teams to watch. overall the game is as skilled as its ever been. part of that is because of the rules, and some of it is the game turning global, which means more talent. most lifelong NBA fans still think playoff ball is legit. the physicality isn't like it was in the early 00s, but the intensity is still there. defenses are way better than in the regular-season too.

SATAN
05-11-2021, 12:38 AM
I listen. I have to say it’s comical to listen to these two spares talk about NBA right now like it’s 1998 and still culturally relevant, as if anyone outside of me, a handful and China still care.

Does this give anyone else a chuckle that Simmons still dedicates his life to NBA and his talk about league pass best watches (Bill no one has league pass or pays for that garbage)?

“I’m 50%! Italian!”

I admire his passion for the game if anything. Even if it doesn't make sense to study sport to you or whatever at least he's not some random casual parroting narratives. Plenty worse out there.

ImKobe
05-11-2021, 12:39 PM
Pretty sure his podcast is still one of the biggest in sports and he sold his network for hundreds of millions, have to respect the hustle.

8Ball
05-11-2021, 12:54 PM

“I’m 50%! Italian!”

No.

Bill Simmons became a hundred millionaire with his podcasts by just yacking into a microphone. He sold his business to spotify for huge money.

I'd do it too.

ShawkFactory
05-11-2021, 01:01 PM
I admire his passion for the game if anything. Even if it doesn't make sense to study sport to you or whatever at least he's not some random casual parroting narratives. Plenty worse out there.

Yep.

He an Russillo actually bring interesting perspectives and takes on the game that you don't hear from pretty much anywhere else.

ArbitraryWater
05-11-2021, 01:05 PM

“I’m 50%! Italian!”

not sure im following

not really, no

seems pretty legit to me

Number34
05-11-2021, 01:26 PM
This dude gets paid big bucks to do what he does, shit id be passionate about it too. I’d talk about curling for that type of money.

SG9001
05-11-2021, 03:49 PM
I don't get OP here. Why come to an NBA message board to say you listen to an NBA podcast, but that podcast host is lame for caring about the sport because it isn't culturally important enough?

I don't even get the logic of this trolljob. Makes no sense.

ArbitraryWater
05-11-2021, 03:53 PM
I don't get OP here. Why come to an NBA message board to say you listen to an NBA podcast, but that podcast host is lame for caring about the sport because it isn't culturally important enough?

I don't even get the logic of this trolljob. Makes no sense.

I wondered the same lol

Patrick Chewing
05-11-2021, 03:57 PM
Does anyone understand what OP said?

Derka
05-11-2021, 06:45 PM
Lol, are you mad because he and Russillo aren’t that impressed with triple doubles? Bill’s been rustling jimmies forever and he gets paid well for it.

For my money. The Real Ones with Raja Bell and Logan Murdock is the best two hours of NBA conversation out there right now.