PDA

View Full Version : If Westbrook won MVP playing on a low seed playoff team why can't Curry?

1987_Lakers
05-11-2021, 01:51 AM
'17 Westbrook - 32/11/10 on 55 TS%
'21 Curry - 32/6/6 on 66 TS%

You can say individually in 2017 guys like LeBron, Harden, Durant, etc were all better than Westbrook.

This season I don't think there has been anyone individually better than Curry.

RRR3
05-11-2021, 01:59 AM
Because Jokic has been better than Curry.

warriorfan
05-11-2021, 02:02 AM

You can say individually in 2017 guys like LeBron, Harden, Durant, etc were all better than Westbrook.

In 2017 Curry had some voting fatigue after winning the last two, and people were starting to get sick of GS and their dominance at that point. KD was hated for the previous reason and the fact he fled under Papa Dingo’s wing. LeBron was doing his coasting bs, no one wanted to reward Harden for his cheesy play style, and Westbrook had his triple double narrative going on and I think voters low key felt sorry for him after KD ditched him. They knew he was never gonna see another title shot again and gave him that MVP as a consolation prize.

Stephonit
05-11-2021, 02:04 AM
Best player on best team in 2017 was Stephen Curry.

Like someone else mentioned somewhere else Curry with too much help is not allowed to win MVP. Curry with too little help isn't allowed to win MVP either. Simply put Curry is not allowed to win MVP anymore.

He's too good. The league has been trying to nerf him ever since 2016. Only way they can convince people the inferior player they've been pimping is better or that Jordan is untouchable.

As for Westbrook, imagine in 50 years someone looking at his box score stats. What do you think they are going to think? Wow surely Westbrook must have been the greatest player ever! But he's playing in the age of the anti-Westbrook in Curry. Some things matter more than others. Simply justifies Russell's standing over Wilt and Oscar in my eyes.

hold this L
05-11-2021, 08:07 AM
Jokic has been more consistent though, even though Steph is the best player this year. Team record and consistency for the Joker edge it out.

What does annoy me about the WB win is that Curry should have gotten his 3rd in 2017, moreso than now. Had another amazing 67-win season and played amazing basketball, but the trip dub story was all that mattered at that point. :facepalm

LeCola
05-11-2021, 08:45 AM
Because Westbrook averaged triple double for the first time in modern era.

Axe
05-11-2021, 08:59 AM
Simple. Standards for potential mvps have become much higher nowadays. They can't become one unless their respective teams have high amounts of wins.

StrongLurk
05-11-2021, 09:03 AM
Jokic deserves MVP of Curry, case closed.

tpols
05-11-2021, 09:06 AM
Jokic has been slightly better. Chef is probably 2nd though.

StephGonSteph
05-11-2021, 09:08 AM
Westbrook is a stat padder thats why.
Mathmatically speaking, if Curry was to score 65-70 points every game, (which he probably could)
He would probably win MVP on a low seed playoff team. The thing is.. Curry is literally doing all of this by himself.
Westbrook had a pretty decent team around him.
Thats like me slapping Kobe on a team full of plumbers and telling him to go win MVP with a team that has a very slight chance of making it to the first round and losing.

Axe
05-11-2021, 09:12 AM
Mathmatically speaking, if Curry was to score 65-70 points every game, (which he probably could)
He would probably win MVP on a low seed playoff team. The thing is.. Curry is literally doing all of this by himself.
Thats like me slapping Kobe on a team full of plumbers and telling him to go win MVP with a team that has a very slight chance of making it to the first round and losing.
Like somebody said curry would drop 70 points during durant's debut in chase center last february although it never happened at all lmfao. It's just hilarious af, especially when he never had any games scoring above 62.

LoneyROY7
05-11-2021, 09:23 AM
Jokic has been more consistent though, even though Steph is the best player this year. Team record and consistency for the Joker edge it out.

What does annoy me about the WB win is that Curry should have gotten his 3rd in 2017, moreso than now. Had another amazing 67-win season and played amazing basketball, but the trip dub story was all that mattered at that point. :facepalm

:facepalm :facepalm

Wasn't even top 3 in voting, but should've gotten his 3rd. :oldlol:

What a clown take. Imagine giving it to someone averaging 25/7/4 because he's playing on a stacked team...versus other players who are having historic seasons.

hold this L
05-11-2021, 09:51 AM
:facepalm :facepalm

Wasn't even top 3 in voting, but should've gotten his 3rd. :oldlol:

What a clown take. Imagine giving it to someone averaging 25/7/4 because he's playing on a stacked team...versus other players who are having historic seasons.
The only reason was because they said they can't give MVPs to someone who plays with another MVP level player in the team. Yet, Lebron and Harden this year were both leading MVP races despite.. being in that exact category. The hypocrisy is deafening.

Also don't even bring that you absolute ****ing fraud. You've been kissing Harden's ass for MVP campaign pre-injury, and yet you :cry: to me about having a stacked team. I guess it's not the case when it's the guy you stan right? :facepalm

LoneyROY7
05-11-2021, 09:54 AM
The only reason was because they said they can't give MVPs to someone who plays with another MVP level player in the team. Yet, Lebron and Harden this year were both leading MVP races despite.. being in that exact category. The hypocrisy is deafening.

Also don't even bring that you absolute ****ing fraud. You've been kissing Harden's ass for MVP campaign pre-injury, and yet you :cry: to me about having a stacked team. I guess it's not the case when it's the guy you stan right? :facepalm

Hey f*ckwit, who's having a historic year this year?

Clue the class the in. Please. Oh and Harden pre-injury was averaging 26/11/8. Don't compare 25/7/4 to that.

hold this L
05-11-2021, 10:07 AM

Clue the class the in. Please. Oh and Harden pre-injury was averaging 26/11/8. Don't compare 25/7/4 to that.
That doesn't change what I said you mouth breathing moron. Why are you arguing like a chick when she's losing an argument?

Can't be :cry: about stacked teams and then pushing for your guy to get the MVP, when the exact scenario is happening for both occasions.

tpols
05-11-2021, 10:10 AM

Currys doing it on dominant efficiency and with non ball dominance. Currys style has dominated Hardens in the playoffs I still remember game 6 in Houston 2019 when the Dubs whooped Hardens as s with no KD on the road. Good times.

hold this L
05-11-2021, 10:14 AM
Currys doing it on dominant efficiency and with non ball dominance. Currys style has dominated Hardens in the playoffs I still remember game 6 in Houston 2019 when the Dubs whooped Hardens as s with no KD on the road. Good times.
Which game was that? It's hard to remember since there's so many options to choose from Dubs with Curry wooping Harden's ass in the playoffs.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-25-2018/Y8oMN5.gif

LoneyROY7
05-11-2021, 10:14 AM
That doesn't change what I said you mouth breathing moron. Why are you arguing like a chick when she's losing an argument?

Can't be :cry: about stacked teams and then pushing for your guy to get the MVP, when the exact scenario is happening for both occasions.

Are you actually mentally retarded? :oldlol: :oldlol:

Curry averaged 25/7/4 that season and his team won 67 games...because the Warriors were stacked. I'm not crying about, I'm stating a fact as to why his team had that win total.

Curry's production that year was nowhere near deserving of an MVP. Anyone with a MODICUM of basketball IQ can see that. Sorry you're struggling in that department. :(

Bronbron23
05-11-2021, 10:19 AM

Obviously because of the whole tripple double thing. I think it was the first time it's been done in forever. Steph dosn't do anything we haven't seen before really. There's been guys who score as good as him almost every year and other than that he dosn't do anything great

hold this L
05-11-2021, 10:20 AM
Are you actually mentally retarded? :oldlol: :oldlol:

Curry averaged 25/7/4 that season and his team won 67 games...because the Warriors were stacked. I'm not crying about, I'm stating a fact as to why his team had that win total.

Curry's production that year was nowhere near deserving of an MVP. Anyone with a MODICUM of basketball IQ can see that. Sorry you're struggling in that department. :(
Went 15-3 even when KD went down babyboi. You're a hypocritical baby back bitch. His production was leading the team to 67, something Harden will never do in his entire career despite getting better numbers.

warriorfan
05-11-2021, 10:21 AM
Look at the Warriors record with and without KD compared to KD with no Curry.

https://i.postimg.cc/65TCfd6V/D71-FA57-B-A415-438-D-B7-BE-FDF86-CC1427-F.jpg

Curry was the real MVP.

LoneyROY7
05-11-2021, 10:26 AM
Went 15-3 even when KD went down babyboi. You're a hypocritical baby back bitch. His production was leading the team to 67, something Harden will never do in his entire career despite getting better numbers.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Harden led a team to 65 wins with Chris Paul playing 58 games. And he averaged 30/9/5 with an MVP in the process.

So you wanna say something else dumb? :oldlol:

Axe
05-11-2021, 10:31 AM
Who's responsible in the dubs for guarding the beard during that series? Because whoever that guy is, he allowed harden to average 34 points throughout those six games and let's not act as if the rockets also have five 2018 all-stars in their lineup, let alone be a team capable of making more than three trips to the finals during that time. You're just making yourself look like a casual with that awful statement, potsy boi.

Bronbron23
05-11-2021, 10:32 AM
Look at the Warriors record with and without KD compared to KD with no Curry.

https://i.postimg.cc/65TCfd6V/D71-FA57-B-A415-438-D-B7-BE-FDF86-CC1427-F.jpg

Curry was the real MVP.

And kd was the real fmvp......twice

LoneyROY7
05-11-2021, 10:34 AM
Which game was that? It's hard to remember since there's so many options to choose from Dubs with Curry wooping Harden's ass in the playoffs.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-25-2018/Y8oMN5.gif

Harden vs. Curry in the playoffs: 29/7/6.

Curry vs. Harden in the playoffs: 25/5/5.

:yaohappy: :yaohappy:

Can never outproduce Jimbo. :(

ShawkFactory
05-11-2021, 10:38 AM
Do people even know what this term means anymore?

Axe
05-11-2021, 10:39 AM
So in other words, they didn't need kd to win over 70 games and be a dynasty in the first place. Only thing he did was to cakewalk in three straight finals to garner his two finals mvps, leaving franchise player stephen curry with none.

iamgine
05-11-2021, 10:55 AM
Uh no, I wouldn't say guys like Lebron, Harden, Durant were better than Westbrook in 2017. I mean, yes they were better players but they absolutely did not perform better than Westbrook in the regular season. To win 47 games with that squad and coach was some 80s Jordan stuff.

This season, to me Jokic has played better than Curry and his team is higher seeded so there's no reason why Curry should win it.

L.Kizzle
05-11-2021, 11:55 AM
Because 17 Westbrook avg a triple double for the first time in 60 seasons. Was unthinkable at that time it would happen. He went on to do it 4 more times.

Stephonit
05-11-2021, 06:18 PM
And kd was the real fmvp......twice

Same ilk responsible for that that were proclaiming Harden and Paul were going to win when KD went down and who were saying Dame is better? Yeah really believable. Do I believe their opinions or the 32-4 record? Decisions, decisions.

Kblaze8855
05-11-2021, 11:36 PM
On a 6 seed more people would consider it. With the same record as 9th place Memphis(who also lost their second option for the whole season)?

Not generally a recipe for mvp votes.

The numbers don’t even stand out these days with everyone doing unprecedented numbers. Westbrook has like 5 triple double seasons now and is handing out 20/20/18 games like nothing, Giannis does Shaq numbers on what used to be 6th man minutes per game, and Harden put up 35 a game for 2 years and I think 30/10 before that which happens like every 40 years. Jokic doing 26/11/9 and shooting 40% from 3. Obviously unheard of for a center. Embiid....

How many unheard of seasons production wise do we have to see out of this era to stop wanting to make a big deal of them? Zach Lavine is doing 27/5/5 on 51/41/85. Go find the list of people to do that ever. Whats Luka doing? Like 29/9/8? Zion I think 27 on 61%.

All people do is post the line they are hyping at the moment as if like half the superstars aren’t on some “...of all time.” shit by the old standards. Julius Randle is more productive than Julius Erving....by a lot.

Im not sure what numbers I’d have to see right now to blow me away considering all the rest. For all we know Luka could do 32/12/9 next year. I wouldn’t even be surprised.

The “But look what he’s averaging!” shit lost a lot of luster in recent years.

kawhileonard2
05-12-2021, 12:19 AM
No one wins a 3rd mvp or more without the best record or #1 seed.

SouBeachTalents
05-12-2021, 06:26 AM

So the Warriors win 6 less games than they did the year before after adding a top 3 player, and Curry's numbers drop literally across the board, and you think he should've been MVP? C'mon bro, that's absolutely ridiculous :oldlol: