PDA

View Full Version : What are the most Catholic nations in the world?

72-10
05-11-2021, 08:15 PM
Am I missing one among these?

Mexico
Spain
Ireland
Venezuela
Portugal
Estonia
Lithuania
France
Poland

We're quite convinced that Mexico is the most Catholic land in the world, where over 99% of people are Catholic. Spain, Ireland and Venezuela are all also about 99% Catholic. In Ireland, it's illegal to build any other type of religious building.

Chick Stern
05-11-2021, 08:30 PM
Philippines

FultzNationRISE
05-11-2021, 10:55 PM
1-9

Axe
05-11-2021, 10:56 PM
1-9
:biggums:

SouBeachTalents
05-12-2021, 12:13 AM
Either Israel or Pakistan

TheMan
05-12-2021, 12:15 AM
Am I missing one among these?

Mexico
Spain
Ireland
Venezuela
Portugal
Estonia
Lithuania
France
Poland

We're quite convinced that Mexico is the most Catholic land in the world, where over 99% of people are Catholic. Spain, Ireland and Venezuela are all also about 99% Catholic. In Ireland, it's illegal to build any other type of religious building.
Mexico is nowhere near 99%. Somewhere in the 80s last I heard. You forgot a bunch of countries like Croatia, Serbia, France, Italy, Argentina, Colombia, Brazil, El Salvador, heck most of Latin America in fact, Germany etc

hateraid
05-12-2021, 01:49 PM
Phillipines is predominantly Catholic

Objectivity
05-12-2021, 02:00 PM
Mexico is nowhere near 99%. Somewhere in the 80s last I heard. You forgot a bunch of countries like Croatia, Serbia, France, Italy, Argentina, Colombia, Brazil, El Salvador, heck most of Latin America in fact, Germany etc

Serbia is orthodox, not catholic. France and Germany I wouldn’t really count either, both significantly(mostly?) irreligious with an element of islamic takeover (especially france) and germany not catholic to begin with given the high percentage of protestants.

ralph_i_el
05-12-2021, 02:11 PM
The Philippines probably has the highest rate of practicing Catholics. Countries like Spain have a lot of Catholics, but also a lot of areligious people.

ralph_i_el
05-12-2021, 02:12 PM

Germany doesn't have many Catholics outside of Bavaria. Austria is the more Catholic German-speaking nation.

Patrick Chewing
05-12-2021, 02:13 PM

Croatia definitely, Serbia not so much. Only about 5% are Catholic.

St. Michael can't help the Serbs.