PDA

View Full Version : Will the Clippers tank to avoid the Lakers?

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2021, 05:50 AM
Its highly likely the Lakers will be the 6th seed when the season is done, but on the last game day, or even 2nd last, the Clippers could tank to drop to 4 and get the easier match-up.

However they need to be wary not to do it too late.

Denver could use the same strategy to ensure they remain 4th.

Nobody wanna see The Show in Round 1.

2much_knowledge
05-12-2021, 08:30 AM
Lol why would we want to avoid the lakers? Denver is the one giving us problems.

LeCola
05-12-2021, 08:43 AM
Why would they do that? Those teams are best two teams in West. They will probably play against each other in this playoffs anyway.

Clippers would probably prefer to play with them as soon as possible while Lebron is not fully healthy and they are not in good condition.

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2021, 08:49 AM
Lol why would we want to avoid the lakers? Denver is the one giving us problems.

The fck?

Tanking doesnt mean playing the Nuggets instead :oldlol:

How out of the loop are you?

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2021, 08:50 AM
Why would they do that? Those teams are best two teams in West. They will probably play against each other in this playoffs anyway.

Clippers would probably prefer to play with them as soon as possible while Lebron is not fully healthy and they are not in good condition.

Far better to play them in a WCF than a R1 because nobody wants to go through a grueling R1

If they're not dumbasses, they will tank.

Bronbron23
05-12-2021, 09:05 AM
Far better to play them in a WCF than a R1 because nobody wants to go through a grueling R1

If they're not dumbasses, they will tank.

Lakers aren't healthy right now. It makes more sense to play them early while they're still banged up.

rawimpact
05-12-2021, 09:07 AM
Lakers will lose to Warriors to move down the brackets so they play the winner of the 9th and 10th seeds for the final 8th slot. This avoids them both the clippers and suns.

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2021, 09:39 AM
Lakers will lose to Warriors to move down the brackets so they play the winner of the 9th and 10th seeds for the final 8th slot. This avoids them both the clippers and suns.

Have you been under a rock?

They're going all out to beat the Suns and Knicks

tpols
05-12-2021, 09:42 AM

Yup... If anything the Clipps will want to face LA while they're rusty. By the time the 2nd or 3rd round comes around they will likely be hitting their high gear again. OP is cute thinking they would duck that matchup. If anything its the Lakers that should want to tank to face the suns.

StrongLurk
05-12-2021, 11:14 AM
Maybe Bron will finally lose in the first round of the playoffs for his career.

kawhileonard2
05-12-2021, 11:39 AM
Its highly likely the Lakers will be the 6th seed when the season is done, but on the last game day, or even 2nd last, the Clippers could tank to drop to 4 and get the easier match-up.

We want the lakers

Akeem34TheDream
05-12-2021, 12:03 PM
We need Clippers Lakers matchup. I dont care when.

999Guy
05-12-2021, 01:27 PM
I’d be genuinely surprised if they don’t avoid. Kawhi has looked like ass since he came back from injury.

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2021, 01:34 PM
We need Clippers Lakers matchup. I dont care when.

A series not fit for R1. It would suck.

999Guy
05-12-2021, 01:39 PM
A series not fit for R1. It would suck.

Lol, nah. Round 1’s are classics.

*Deep inhale*, ah. The ****ing West. You got monsters like Kawhi, AD and LeBron looking at a realistic first round knock out.

Only regret is injuries and rhythm but **** it. I think it would be a pretty ugly grind out series. Probably go to 7 too.

But the Clips probably have the best offense outside Brooklyn and Lue is a playoff coach so you never know.

DABIGSALSISHA
05-12-2021, 01:50 PM

Who Cares.......

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2021, 01:51 PM
Yup... If anything the Clipps will want to face LA while they're rusty. By the time the 2nd or 3rd round comes around they will likely be hitting their high gear again. OP is cute thinking they would duck that matchup. If anything its the Lakers that should want to tank to face the suns.

Let me get this straight.

You think the Clippers will beat the Lakers?

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2021, 01:52 PM
Lol, nah. Round 1’s are classics.

*Deep inhale*, ah. The ****ing West. You got monsters like Kawhi, AD and LeBron looking at a realistic first round knock out.

Only regret is injuries and rhythm but **** it. I think it would be a pretty ugly grind out series. Probably go to 7 too.

But the Clips probably have the best offense outside Brooklyn and Lue is a playoff coach so you never know.

No one remembers a first round.

It‘d be ****ing shit.

Series needs meaning to it.

No shit settled after R1.

The winner should celebrate a finals berth.

tpols
05-12-2021, 01:56 PM
No one remembers a first round.

It‘d be ****ing shit.

Series needs meaning to it.

No shit settled after R1.

The winner should celebrate a finals berth.

This is the wild wild west baby boy. First rounds arent always freebies. And you can't duck Kawhi forever mate.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-12-2021, 02:02 PM
The problem is they play teams like rockets and thunder who are glorified g league teams. You can rest Kawhi and George and still beat those embarrassing teams.

However, mavs and blazers both own the tiebreaker over Lakers. Mavs have a super easy schedule and blazers may catch Denver resting guys on that last game of the season. I don't think Lakers are going to get ahead of blazers or mavs.

Will see you in the 2nd round though

bladefd
05-12-2021, 02:44 PM
Lakers would not be smart facing Clippers in first round while not 100%. They have to avoid 6 seed until they get some games in to get out of the rust (LeBron and Schroeder mainly) before facing the Clippers.

I don't see Lakers going up to 5. Mavs and Blazers would have to lose out remaining games if Lakers go 2-1. They would have to go 1-2 if Lakers win out. Neither is happening - Lakers will most likely stay 7.

hold this L
05-12-2021, 02:57 PM
Lakers would not be smart facing Clippers in first round while not 100%. They have to avoid 6 seed until they get some games in to get out of the rust (LeBron and Schroeder mainly) before facing the Clippers.

I don't see Lakers going up to 5. Mavs and Blazers would have to lose out remaining games if Lakers go 2-1. They would have to go 1-2 if Lakers win out. Neither is happening - Lakers will most likely stay 7.

Isn't Kawhi not full 100% as well though? Lakers aren't going to 5, it will be 6 or 7.

Shooter
05-12-2021, 03:01 PM
OP got these bois shook :lol

Kiwi will have a 1st round exit if he plays LA BRON Lakers

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2021, 04:51 PM
This is the wild wild west baby boy. First rounds arent always freebies. And you can't duck Kawhi forever mate.

This would be the defacto WCF so it has little to do with that.

But again, just so we're clear.

You think the Clippers will beat the Lakers?

Lets get it on record

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2021, 04:52 PM
The problem is they play teams like rockets and thunder who are glorified g league teams. You can rest Kawhi and George and still beat those embarrassing teams.

However, mavs and blazers both own the tiebreaker over Lakers. Mavs have a super easy schedule and blazers may catch Denver resting guys on that last game of the season. I don't think Lakers are going to get ahead of blazers or mavs.

Will see you in the 2nd round though

Would be in Clippers' best interest to duck tf out of some of these games and avoid the Lakeshow

Would Kawhi leave if they get bounced R1?

1 playoff series win in 2 years?

HBK_Kliq_2
05-12-2021, 04:56 PM
Would be in Clippers' best interest to duck tf out of some of these games and avoid the Lakeshow

Would Kawhi leave if they get bounced R1?

1 playoff series win in 2 years?

Kawhi is never losing a playoff series to a team with f*cking andre drummond as starter. I'm trying to spare you a 1st round exit.

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2021, 04:57 PM
Kawhi is never losing a playoff series to a team with f*cking andre drummond as starter. I'm trying to spare you a 1st round exit.

You will be here next year talking December VORP again for whatever team Kawhi plays on with no mentions of post-season

HBK_Kliq_2
05-12-2021, 05:05 PM
You will be here next year talking December VORP again for whatever team Kawhi plays on with no mentions of post-season

And you'll be making threads next year trying to duck Kawhi again like Lebron has done his whole life.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-12-2021, 05:17 PM
OP got these bois shook :lol

Kiwi will have a 1st round exit if he plays LA BRON Lakers

Kawhi and everyone is playing in all these final games down the stretch of the season. Kawhi is warming up and ready to FEAST on anybody in the playoffs. If Lakers happen to land that 6th seed, they can kiss their ass goodbye.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-12-2021, 05:28 PM
Isn't Kawhi not full 100% as well though? Lakers aren't going to 5, it will be 6 or 7.

"Getting close but I won’t be in the lineup [Wednesday]," James wrote on Twitter.

Getting close. Frank Vogel already said nothing is wrong with you, moron. We all know you're trying to duck Kawhi.

mehyaM24
05-12-2021, 05:48 PM
negative. if i'm the clippers i wanna see the lakers NOW. the less playing time schroder/davis/lebron have together, the better.

once they get their shit down, nobody out west is dethroning them.

Spurs m8
05-12-2021, 05:54 PM
This is such a low iq, couch fan thread.

bladefd
05-12-2021, 06:07 PM

I would rather work out the rust with a play-in game, a full week of practice, and a round of Suns under our belt. Then we will be ready. We are not currently physically ready for the Clippers.

bladefd
05-12-2021, 06:16 PM
negative. if i'm the clippers i wanna see the lakers NOW. the less playing time schroder/davis/lebron have together, the better.

once they get their shit down, nobody out west is dethroning them.

That's exactly why HBK_Kliq is talking so much smack. He would prefer catching the Lakers while they are rusty and not had time to gel. He knows LeBron needs a few games to get his muscles/legs pumping and to get some extra playing time with Drummond. A whole playoff round along with the play-in should be enough time.

Shooter
05-12-2021, 06:36 PM
Kawhi and everyone is playing in all these final games down the stretch of the season. Kawhi is warming up and ready to FEAST on anybody in the playoffs. If Lakers happen to land that 6th seed, they can kiss their ass goodbye.

We already saw what Jamal Murray did to you last year :lol

We arent worried

2much_knowledge
05-13-2021, 11:47 AM
We already saw what Jamal Murray did to you last year :lol

We arent worried

Hardly the same team in case you haven't noticed

ArbitraryWater
05-13-2021, 12:49 PM

we bookmarking this, bois

he's ducking the question if he thinks clippers will win, but he's already said too much.

ArbitraryWater
05-14-2021, 04:28 PM
They're trying.

No Kawhi, no PG tonight.

tpols
05-14-2021, 04:31 PM
Arby why are you still so shook over the first round? You did the same song and dance last year. The Lakers will have to eventually face the Clippers. Say it with me.

The Lakers will have to eventually face the Clippers.

You don't get a free pass every year baby boy. The Lakers will have to eventually face the Clippers.

ArbitraryWater
05-14-2021, 04:31 PM
Arby why are you still so shook over the first round? You did the same song and dance last year. The Lakers will have to eventually face the Clippers.say it with me.

You don't get a free pass every year baby boy. The Lakers will have to eventually face the Clippers.

Again:

Do you actually think the Clippers will beat the Lakers?

Why are the Clips sitting PG and Kawhi?

Seems they're the shook ones.

Thenameless
05-15-2021, 02:25 AM
Looks like the Clippers just chickened out of this first round meeting.

TheCorporation
05-15-2021, 02:27 AM
Arby why are you still so shook over the first round? You did the same song and dance last year. The Lakers will have to eventually face the Clippers. Say it with me.

Who's worried about the Clippers again? Did anyone on this forum not watch the 2020 playoffs? If you missed it please feel free to check out some highlights on YouTube. I'd recommend "2020 WCSF, Clippers vs. Nuggets." It's a sure gem.

ArbitraryWater
05-15-2021, 02:59 AM

Lmao

Axe
05-15-2021, 03:09 AM

Nike D'Antoni vibes. :roll:

Pipes2.0
05-15-2021, 03:10 AM
Bron has never lost in the first round, so it's smart that the Clippers are tanking. Then again there's no guarantee they'll make it out of the second round.

Axe
05-15-2021, 05:52 AM
Bron has never lost in the first round, so it's smart that the Clippers are tanking. Then again there's no guarantee they'll make it out of the second round.
Ty lue will eventually lead them to their downfall.

ArbitraryWater
05-26-2021, 07:39 AM

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/028/577/pepelaughz.jpg

coin24
05-26-2021, 08:23 AM
Oh man:lol

I always knew the clippers were a joke but 0-2 at home to Dallas?
Yikes

J Shuttlesworth
05-26-2021, 10:53 AM

Oh the Lakers will have to eventually face the Clippers. It just probably won't be til the regular season

ArbitraryWater
05-26-2021, 03:37 PM

guys