PDA

View Full Version : NBC SPORTS: jordan averaged 32.3 / 8.3 / 9.4 in 41 games at point guard in his career

3ball
05-13-2021, 05:14 PM
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/why-michael-jordan-shouldve-been-point-guard-according-don-nelson

^^^ Don Nelson and many others thought young Jordan should've played point guard.

This shows how even the top basketball minds make the mistake of thinking the best player should just dominate the ball.. But 6 titles proved that Jordan found a better way to involve teammates (ball movement and less ball domination).

Ultimately, Jordan was elite on-ball and off-ball, so he's superior to guys like Lebron, who are only elite on-ball.. Jordan's skill diversity allowed the best fit with teammates and the best strategy (ball movement), which yielded the best team ceilings (6/6)

ShawkFactory
05-13-2021, 05:21 PM
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/why-michael-jordan-shouldve-been-point-guard-according-don-nelson

^^^ Don Nelson and many others thought young Jordan should've played point guard.

This shows how even the top basketball minds make the mistake of thinking the best player should just dominate the ball.. But 6 titles proved that Jordan found a better way to involve teammates (ball movement and less ball domination).

Ultimately, Jordan was elite on-ball and off-ball, so he's superior to guys like Lebron, who are only elite on-ball.. Jordan's skill diversity allowed the best fit with teammates and the best strategy (ball movement), which yielded the best team ceilings (6/6)

Genuine question: do you ever get tired of saying the same things over and over? Like legit, you've probably used that exact sentence bordering on triple digit times at this point.

Do you...enjoy it still? It's baffling.

3ball
05-13-2021, 05:24 PM
Genuine question: do you ever get tired of saying the same things over and over? Like legit, you've probably used that exact sentence bordering on triple digit times at this point.

You'll hear it repeated over and over because it's why Jordan is superior to Lebron

A player without elite jumpshooting skill that dominates the ball will have much lower team ceilings than a player with goat on-ball and off-ball ability and elite jumpshooting skill

It's night and day

The latter skillset is far superior because it allows better teammate fits and the best strategy (ball movement), which yields the best team ceilings.

Pippen would be trash alongside a ball-dominator like Lebron, so Lebron couldn't win with Pippen.. Lebron doesn't fit with spotty-shooting ball-handlers like Ingram, Wade, Hughes or Pippen.. That's just 1 example

RRR3
05-13-2021, 05:26 PM

He’s insane. He can’t help it.

ShawkFactory
05-13-2021, 05:27 PM
You'll hear it repeated over and over because it's why Jordan is superior to Lebron

A player without elite jumpshooting skill that dominates the ball will have much lower team ceilings than a player with goat on-ball and off-ball ability and elite jumpshooting skill

It's night and day

The latter skillset is far superior because it allows better teammate fits and the best strategy (ball movement)

Pippen would be trash alongside a ball-dominator like Lebron, so Lebron couldn't win with Pippen.. Lebron doesn't fit with spotty-shooting ball-handlers like Ingram, Wade, Hughes or Pippen.. That's just 1 example
That wasn't my question.

But the rest of your post kind of inadvertently it answered I guess.

3ball
05-13-2021, 05:29 PM
That wasn't my question.

But the rest of your post kind of inadvertently it answered I guess.

I help people, so my life has meaning.

I just do this as a hobby, so I can stick it to today's ignorant technique fans (today's game of threes and layups isn't basketball or sport - it's a technique)

ShawkFactory
05-13-2021, 05:33 PM
I help people, so my life has meaning.

I just do this as a hobby, so I can stick it to today's ignorant technique fans (today's game of threes and layups isn't basketball or sport - it's a technique)

I'm sorry about whoever it was that hurt you.

3ball
05-13-2021, 05:34 PM

I'm sorry that you lack intelligence and are a clueless fool

ShawkFactory
05-13-2021, 05:36 PM
I'm sorry that you lack intelligence and are a clueless fool

No one wants to "stick it" to anyone unless they're hurt or threatened. Or a sadist I suppose.

Shooter
05-13-2021, 05:37 PM
He is a Lebron Ball student.

Good. Jordan is learning that his Iverson ball, 1-9 crap doesnt work.

Shooter
05-13-2021, 05:38 PM

:roll:

Chick Stern
05-13-2021, 05:52 PM
*during the weakest NBA decade

3ball
05-13-2021, 06:01 PM
No one wants to "stick it" to anyone unless they're hurt or threatened. Or a sadist I suppose.

Humans come in all shapes, sizes and types

I do this for fun - I love destroying and educating you guys.

You're simply hurt by it and for that, I don't apologize

ShawkFactory
05-13-2021, 06:03 PM

Can't make this shit up.

RRR3
05-13-2021, 06:04 PM

Almost everyone on the board thinks you’re dumb, who do you think you’re educating with your literal lies?

3ball
05-13-2021, 06:13 PM
Almost everyone on the board thinks you’re dumb, who do you think you’re educating with your literal lies?

I post mostly stats and you guys say I'm lying

That means you guys are in denial of facts.. because you're dumb about basketball and it's embarrassing for you to talk to someone who knows so much more

So you lash out like a petulant child instead of engaging and learning like an adult

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-13-2021, 06:19 PM
Mike racked up stats playing point guard. He also excelled playing off the ball. Yes. Most posters here know that.

Problem is you are a troll, and make the same topics. We know you don't operate in good faith. :lol

RRR3
05-13-2021, 07:07 PM
I post mostly stats and you guys say I'm lying

That means you guys are in denial of facts.. because you're dumb about basketball and it's embarrassing for you to talk to someone who knows so much more

So you lash out like a petulant child instead of engaging and learning like an adult
You’ve literally been caught lying about stats countless times and you also lied about being a stud college player Lmaoooo.

Manny98
05-13-2021, 07:08 PM
Empty stats, Jordan couldn't win with a off ball playstle that's why he needed another great playmaker next to him in Pippen to handle the ball

Otoh Lebron could win both on/off the ball and didn't require another playmaker next to him in order to win

PeroAntic
05-13-2021, 07:45 PM

The most ironic thing is that the result of your 'educating' people appreciate Jordan less. Im honestly beginning to think youre actually a Lebron stan. No rational person would think they were achieving anything with this.

SATAN
05-13-2021, 07:52 PM
my life has meaning.

999Guy
05-13-2021, 07:58 PM
No wonder he says the same shit

Any time he comes up with a new set of words it makes my stomach hurt to read

3ball you’re not ferocious and you’re not a teacher. You’re a knowledgeable jackass at best

bison
05-13-2021, 08:00 PM
Didn’t they put Jordan at point guard for 11 games one season and he triple doubled in 10 of them? Crazy to think what his stats would be like in this current era which allows even more freedom and versatility.

ShawkFactory
05-13-2021, 08:16 PM
The most ironic thing is that the result of your 'educating' people appreciate Jordan less. Im honestly beginning to think youre actually a Lebron stan. No rational person would think they were achieving anything with this.

Forreal.

Spouting off numbers that you get from basketball reference again and again and again isn't educating anyone about anything.

3ball
05-13-2021, 08:23 PM
Empty stats, Jordan couldn't win with a off ball playstle that's why he needed another great playmaker next to him in Pippen to handle the ball

Otoh Lebron could win both on/off the ball and didn't require another playmaker next to him in order to win

Wade and Kyrie averaged more apg than Pippen and were much bigger playmakers

Pippen just got flow points and couldn't break down a defender off-the-dribble

StrongLurk
05-13-2021, 09:10 PM
OP giving us more of his therapy session notes? OP I really hope you took me up on my multiple offers to find a therapist, LV has a ton of them.

3ball
05-13-2021, 09:22 PM
OP giving us more of his therapy session notes? OP I really hope you took me up on my multiple offers to find a therapist, LV has a ton of them.

The facts hurt so you deflect

Pippen achieved 22/6/5 and 2nd Round without MJ, just like Hughes did without Lebron.

Except when Jordan came back, his off-ball production allowed Pippen to remain near capacity, while Lebron's inability to produce off-ball like Jordan or Arenas destroyed Hughes

ShawkFactory
05-13-2021, 09:44 PM

Pippen achieved 22/6/5 and 2nd Round without MJ, just like Hughes did without Lebron.

Except when Jordan came back, his off-ball production allowed Pippen to remain near capacity, while Lebron's inability to produce off-ball like Jordan or Arenas destroyed Hughes

Larry Hughes never achieved 2nd round without lebron. In an all time weak conference (as you say) no less. As not even the best player on a team in said all time weak conference.

StrongLurk
05-13-2021, 10:26 PM

You have hundreds of thousands of the same basic posts across various forums, probably spanning a decade...and you want to say someone else is hurt? LMAO.

Shooter
05-14-2021, 01:36 AM

100% he is a LeBron stan undercover, I am legit sure of it. There's no other way he would bring this much heat to Jordan and make us all realize even more that LBJ > MJ

PeroAntic
05-14-2021, 07:26 AM
100% he is a LeBron stan undercover, I am legit sure of it. There's no other way he would bring this much heat to Jordan and make us all realize even more that LBJ > MJ

Regardless of his idiocy, no LBJ is not > MJ.

ImKobe
05-14-2021, 10:13 AM
Jordan would average 30+/10+/10+ on high efficiency for multiple seasons in this era. He averaged 31.1/6.4/8.4 2.4 stl 1.4 blk with just 2.5 TOs while shooting 60%TS for a title run. Passing is the most underrated part of his game.

BigShotBob
05-14-2021, 10:43 AM
Jordan would average 30+/10+/10+ on high efficiency for multiple seasons in this era. He averaged 31.1/6.4/8.4 2.4 stl 1.4 blk with just 2.5 TOs while shooting 60%TS for a title run. Passing is the most underrated part of his game.

MJ from 86-88 alone would force the league to change the rules because he'll average 20 free throws a game in this freedom of movement, wide open era.

ImKobe
05-14-2021, 10:54 AM
MJ from 86-88 alone would force the league to change the rules because he'll average 20 free throws a game in this freedom of movement, wide open era.

YES. We know all the stats and all the high-scoring games he had, but his athleticism and motor was simply on a whole 'nother level, you'd have to be forced to foul him on every drive or leave his shooters wide open, he'd be 2006 Finals Wade but for his entire career. If Westbrook can average 30/10/10 and put up triple-doubles like it's nothing, what would a taller, more athletic and a better shooter in MJ do?

Mauzah
05-15-2021, 01:26 AM
Solid points. It's incredible how well Jordan could finish in the paint with bigs under the basket while surrounded with help defenders. The lane was packed and Jordan was simply on another level at finishing at the rim with heavy traffic.