PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Playoff Seedings - Final 1-2 Games / 2 Days

ArbitraryWater
05-15-2021, 05:55 AM
To be decided (not accounting obvious play-in):

East 2-3, East 4-6
West 1-2, West 3-4, West 5-7, West 7-8

The Nuggets are now 3rd which is unideal for them as the Lakers could become 6th.

While they cannot tank themselves out of the 3rd spot as the Clippers could counter tank, by losing to the Blazers they would get the best of both worlds: stay 3rd and basically choose to play the Blazers instead of the Lakers.

Basically if the Nuggets beat the Blazers they will play the Lakers, if they lose to the Blazers they will play the Blazers...

Meanwhile the Grizzlies and Warriors are tied, and will have a 1-game shootout for the 8th seed.

The Suns are 1 game behind the Jazz and still could become #1 by winning and Jazz losing @ Sacramento, however with the Lakers likely out of the 7th seed (or not, if Denver is smart), whoever is 2nd will feel less bad about it.

The Bucks have an intriguing proposition.

They either play Miami hard and probably win, which would mean they still have a shot for being #2 in case Nets drop one, but also pencils Miami in at 6 and makes them their first round match-up if Brooklyn doesn't drop 1....

Meaning as soon as Brooklyn beats Chicago tonight, Bucks should probably play it safe and lose to Miami, to put them in the 4/5 bracket.

However if Brooklyn somehow loses to Chicago, the Bucks can not just ensure their #2 seed, but also put Miami at 6 and lock them into the Brooklyn match-up.

If they play it safe and tank that game, they remain 3rd seed, Brooklyn won't play Miami, but at least they won't either, as Miami would either be 5 or 4.

What would ruin it would be the Nets losing but then the Knicks losing as well, meaning Miami stays at 5 if the Bucks win.

ArbitraryWater
05-15-2021, 10:48 AM
What u guys think?

ShawkFactory
05-15-2021, 11:01 AM
I really need both the Knicks and Bucks to win but I don’t see the latter happening. I think Miami -4 is about as sure as it gets tonight.

tpols
05-15-2021, 11:32 AM
This year is extremely interesting with the seedings. I can't remember a year where low seeds have such a good chance to beat top seeds across both conferences.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-15-2021, 03:20 PM
Cheering for jokic to win tomorrow. I want clippers facing that terrible blazers defense in round 1 and I want nuggets/Lakers.

Will jokic rest tomorrow? He doesn't seem like the type. I can see him drinking some Rakija and cigarettes pregame before I see him resting a game. So most likely Lakers/nuggets and clippers/blazers 1st round.

ArbitraryWater
05-15-2021, 03:25 PM
Cheering for jokic to win tomorrow. I want clippers facing that terrible blazers defense in round 1 and I want nuggets/Lakers.

Will jokic rest tomorrow? He doesn't seem like the type. I can see him drinking some Rakija and cigarettes pregame before I see him resting a game. So most likely Lakers/nuggets and clippers/blazers 1st round.

To be fair, if they‘re not stupid, they‘re tanking.

They can decide if they wanna play the Lakers or Blazers...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-15-2021, 03:32 PM
Haven't looked into it thoroughly, but a quick glance tells me...

If the Lakers win tomorrow (big assumption), they would need Denver and Portland to lose and the Clippers to win...to face the Clippers in Round 1.

Is that correct? A longshot if so but wouldn't mind seeing it playout.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-15-2021, 03:39 PM
To be fair, if they‘re not stupid, they‘re tanking.

They can decide if they wanna play the Lakers or Blazers...

That should disqualify jokic from MVP. You couldn't get your team into a top 3 seed even though it was 1 win away and you rested instead.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-15-2021, 03:42 PM
So if blazers win - Lakers get bounced to play in

If nuggets win - they face Lakers in 1st round

Still a win win for me. Oh well

HBK_Kliq_2
05-15-2021, 03:44 PM
Haven't looked into it thoroughly, but a quick glance tells me...

If the Lakers win tomorrow (big assumption), they would need Denver and Portland to lose and the Clippers to win...to face the Clippers in Round 1.

Is that correct? A longshot if so but wouldn't mind seeing it playout.

That's incorrect. There's a 0% possibility of Lakers playing clippers in 1st round because blazers/nuggets both can't lose as their playing each other. Adam silver the evil genius set up the schedule perfectly I guess.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-15-2021, 04:27 PM
That's incorrect. There's a 0% possibility of Lakers playing clippers in 1st round because blazers/nuggets both can't lose as their playing each other. Adam silver the evil genius set up the schedule perfectly I guess.

Wow their last game is against each other. :oldlol:

Why did your Clippers sit Kawhi/PG last night?

HBK_Kliq_2
05-15-2021, 04:33 PM
Wow their last game is against each other. :oldlol:

Why did your Clippers sit Kawhi/PG last night?

This seeding shit has confused me at times as well. The 3 teams that Lakers will most likely end up facing is either Suns, Nuggets, Jazz.

Kawhi\PG sat out because it was the last back to back against the worst team in the league.

NugzFan
05-15-2021, 05:01 PM
That should disqualify jokic from MVP. You couldn't get your team into a top 3 seed even though it was 1 win away and you rested instead.

So being top 3 is good enough for mvp but one less win or one seed lower disqualifies him?

Okay

NugzFan
05-15-2021, 05:02 PM
This seeding shit has confused me at times as well. The 3 teams that Lakers will most likely end up facing is either Suns, Nuggets, Jazz.

Kawhi\PG sat out because it was the last back to back against the worst team in the league.

Had nothing to do with tanking? Lol

This is fun

HBK_Kliq_2
05-15-2021, 05:12 PM
So being top 3 is good enough for mvp but one less win or one seed lower disqualifies him?

Okay

Top 3 is a legit contender, that would be my personal cutoff for an mvp. 2017 Westbrook didn't deserve it over kawhi

HBK_Kliq_2
05-15-2021, 05:14 PM
Had nothing to do with tanking? Lol

This is fun

Absolutely not. George has been sitting out back to backs ever since he recovered from his bone edema. While kawhi has also been sitting back to backs post all star break.

Even if the seedings were already all finished and set in stone, you really think kawhi/George play in a back 2 back vs rockets that is also the 2nd to last game of the season? Not a chance.

Now LeBron sitting out a week to avoid kawhi in the 1st round, that's a different story.

ArbitraryWater
05-15-2021, 06:27 PM
With Bulls not playing LaVine and gifting Nets the W, Bucks are now in the precarius situation, where they should probably conceed #2 to Brooklyn, in order to avoid Miami in the first round...

have to be content with it.

Tank to Miami.

ArbitraryWater
05-15-2021, 06:27 PM
Absolutely not. George has been sitting out back to backs ever since he recovered from his bone edema. While kawhi has also been sitting back to backs post all star break.

Even if the seedings were already all finished and set in stone, you really think kawhi/George play in a back 2 back vs rockets that is also the 2nd to last game of the season? Not a chance.

Now LeBron sitting out a week to avoid kawhi in the 1st round, that's a different story.

Of course they tanked lmao.

Hard denial

999Guy
05-15-2021, 09:08 PM
Lakers staying in the Clippers Bracket is good enough for me.

But I really wouldn’t mind GS upsetting LAL and making them face Utah in the first round.

Then we get GS vs PHX

POR vs LAC

DEN vs DAL

LAL vs UTA

Either way we’ll get some good matchups.

But I really, really would’ve loved the anxiety and chaos of LAC vs LAL. Everything about it would’ve made it my favorite playoff series ever.

mehyaM24
05-15-2021, 09:26 PM
Lakers staying in the Clippers Bracket is good enough for me.

But I really wouldn’t mind GS upsetting LAL and making them face Utah in the first round.

Then we get GS vs PHX

POR vs LAC

DEN vs DAL

LAL vs UTA

Either way we’ll get some good matchups.

But I really, really would’ve loved the anxiety and chaos of LAC vs LAL. Everything about it would’ve made it my favorite playoff series ever.

it would have kicked off the playoffs, spectacularly. gsw vs lakers will be entertaining, but its just a one off. oh well, the west is loaded anyway.

ArbitraryWater
05-16-2021, 03:23 AM
Bucks playing a risky game still going for #2.

They just penciled Miami in as their 1R match-up, should the Nets beat the Cavs.

Or they get glory if the Nets lose... #2 seed and Nets-Heat R1.

As long as Knicks don‘t lose to the Celtics.

ArbitraryWater
05-16-2021, 07:48 AM
Last Day Objectives:

Celtics beat Knicks + Heat beat Pistons = Heat #5, Knicks #6, Bucks get easy R1 and Heat make R2 for mouth-watering ECSF
Wizards beat Hornets + Celtics play-in for #7 = Wizards #7 vs. Nets #2
Lakers beat Pelicans + Nuggets beat Blazers = Lakers #6 and Nuggets #3, Clippers remain #4 and Lakers-Clippers WCF alignment

Any other wishes?

Pipes2.0
05-16-2021, 07:52 AM
Every team in the West will want to avoid the Lakers in the first round.

https://cdn-images.imagevenue.com/b2/15/12/ME13CRSQ_o.gif

ArbitraryWater
05-16-2021, 07:58 AM
Every team in the West will want to avoid the Lakers in the first round.

https://cdn-images.imagevenue.com/b2/15/12/ME13CRSQ_o.gif

Yea looks like Nuggets are tanking tonight

their odds are over 4

Ghost1
05-16-2021, 08:27 AM
Clippers getting bounced by the Mavs will be the best series :lol

ArbitraryWater
05-16-2021, 11:13 AM
Last Day Objectives:

Celtics beat Knicks + Heat beat Pistons = Heat #5, Knicks #6, Bucks get easy R1 and Heat make R2 for mouth-watering ECSF
Wizards beat Hornets + Celtics play-in for #7 = Wizards #7 vs. Nets #2
Lakers beat Pelicans + Nuggets beat Blazers = Lakers #6 and Nuggets #3, Clippers remain #4 and Lakers-Clippers WCF alignment

Any other wishes?

Celtics threw in the towel, Knicks got the 5th seed.

Bucks made a big mistake going hard against Heat, now need a miracle Nets loss.

NugzFan
05-16-2021, 11:30 AM
Top 3 is a legit contender, that would be my personal cutoff for an mvp. 2017 Westbrook didn't deserve it over kawhi

Ah got it.

Well fortunately you don’t vote.