PDA

View Full Version : Who's the better player, Bradley Beal or Russell Westbrook?

TAZORAC
05-17-2021, 12:06 AM
Although Beal is the better scorer, I actually think that Westbrook is more important to the team as he does more then just score.

Who do you think the better player is right now?

L.Kizzle
05-17-2021, 12:15 AM
Easily Westbrook. He is the cause of the turnaround in the 2nd half of the season.

And1AllDay
05-17-2021, 12:17 AM
goatbrook

lets wait for beal to win a mvp before we talk crazy

edit: oh you asked rn

hmm prolly still goatbrook

Xiao Yao You
05-17-2021, 12:40 AM
Every team in the league would want Beal. Few want anything to do with Westbrook

RRR3
05-17-2021, 12:55 AM
Beal easily. WB in his prime was better though.

L.Kizzle
05-17-2021, 01:03 AM
Beal easily. WB in his prime was better though.

Have you being paying attention to Washington post All-Star break?
They were Ike 14th place at All-Star break and ended up 8th seed by seasons end.

CTbasketball92
05-17-2021, 01:46 AM
Bradley Beal is better *at this point* but Russ has been back to All-Star level the last couple of months.

Bradley Beal just seems like an empty calories player whenever I see him. There's not a lot of nuance to his game. Not a skillful passer, he is a very bad defender and he just doesn't seem to be that cerebral either. He's a great scorer but ehh. Peak Westbrook is leagues better and it's not close. I think this Westbrook gives Beal some of what he needs.

Jasper
05-17-2021, 09:50 AM
when a player puts out 1000% like Westbrook does , he is hard to beat (.)

Beal is a piece of a future championship team.

I always loved watching Russ

Wally450
05-17-2021, 10:15 AM
I'd take Beal over Westbrook.

miggyme1
05-17-2021, 10:19 AM
Westbrook is the better player but its very close,i think people forget bradley beal went on a tear at the end of last season....think he ended up leading the team in points,steals and assists. If westbrook and beal stay in DC and they can somehow manage to get a kevin love or someone of that pedigree,the east is going to be scary next year

tpols
05-17-2021, 10:34 AM
Beal is 2nd place scoring champion... 30+ points per game on great efficiency. Any playoff team would much rather have Beal on their team.

insight
05-17-2021, 10:40 AM
Beal is a scorer who have very little impact on winning basketball. In a half season Westbrook changed the culture in Washington his mental toughness has worn off on the entire team. Westbrook is the Alpha, it should be no debate.

LeCola
05-17-2021, 11:58 AM
Westbrook is better. Regarding both this season and whole careers.

Westbrook is a good 1st option/franchise player but a bad 2nd option.

Beal is a good 2nd option, but not as good as Westbrook as 1st option.

If you ask who would I sign to my team:

If I already have a 1st option or multiple stars I would sign Beal to complete them.

Unless I would sign Westbrook. He is a triple double machine, it makes him a honeypot for media and fans. Also, he could probably carry to playoffs.

Uncle Drew
05-17-2021, 12:04 PM
Beal is 2nd place scoring champion... 30+ points per game on great efficiency. Any playoff team would much rather have Beal on their team.

The question is who the better player is. The question is not who you would rather have on your team.

ImKobe
05-17-2021, 12:12 PM
Beal is a scorer who have very little impact on winning basketball. In a half season Westbrook changed the culture in Washington his mental toughness has worn off on the entire team. Westbrook is the Alpha, it should be no debate.

The issue is that while Westbrook gives more effort and impacts the game in more areas, he's also prone to making the dumbest decisions in the biggest moments on both ends of the court. He's not an efficient scorer, he shouldn't be chucking 3s and long 2s, this has been the flaw that's plagued him his entire career. He did this with KD, then with PG and Harden. There have been plenty of times where Beal's going off and Russ just doesn't know when to get the **** out of the way and just have him cook in crunch time, and it ends up costing his team.

Beal is a solid dude, a great leader by all accounts. The two are about equal when you weigh the pros and cons.

insight
05-17-2021, 12:21 PM
The issue is that while Westbrook gives more effort and impacts the game in more areas, he's also prone to making the dumbest decisions in the biggest moments on both ends of the court. He's not an efficient scorer, he shouldn't be chucking 3s and long 2s, this has been the flaw that's plagued him his entire career. He did this with KD, then with PG and Harden. There have been plenty of times where Beal's going off and Russ just doesn't know when to get the **** out of the way and just have him cook in crunch time, and it ends up costing his teams.

Beal is a solid dude, a great leader by all accounts. The two are about equal when you weigh the pros and cons.

I agree with everything you said about Westbrook he is going to make some low IQ mistakes every game which are magnified in the playoffs. It's easy to focus on those mistakes and forget he is often the player who is keeping the team in games.
Beal is a great scorer but he doesn't really elevate the players around. He doesn't give great effort on defense, he is an average passer and not much of a facilitator. He is a one trick pony who would work well on an established team with a great point guard.

ImKobe
05-17-2021, 12:29 PM
I agree with everything you said about Westbrook he is going to make some low IQ mistakes every game which are magnified in the playoffs. It's easy to focus on those mistakes and forget he is often the player who is keeping the team in games.
Beal is a great scorer but he doesn't really elevate the players around. He doesn't give great effort on defense, he is an average passer and not much of a facilitator. He is a one trick pony who would work well on an established team with a great point guard.

Totally agree. I'd take prime/peak Westbrook over current Beal, goes without saying tbh.

L.Kizzle
05-17-2021, 01:13 PM
Westbrook has a better shot at an All NBA Team IMO this year.
Wiz record 14-20 at All-Star break and 20-18 after break.

22/12/12
Or
31/5/4

TAZORAC
05-18-2021, 09:15 PM
Westbrook is the better player but its very close,i think people forget bradley beal went on a tear at the end of last season....think he ended up leading the team in points,steals and assists. If westbrook and beal stay in DC and they can somehow manage to get a kevin love or someone of that pedigree,the east is going to be scary next year

Kevin Love is going to make the Wizards better? :applause:that's cute.

Love retired when LBJ left the Cavs.

I'd go after Steven Adams if I were the Wizards.

BarberSchool
05-18-2021, 10:09 PM
Beal is the more talented player, and a far better/more efficient offensive player who doesn’t make tons of game-losing mistakes.

But Westbrick overall is the better, more impactful player, altogether, despite the bonehead mistakes and at times really terrible on the ball defense.

miggyme1
05-19-2021, 05:39 AM
Why wouldnt he make the wizards better? Do u not understand what kevin love would bring to the table or are u just another casual ass fan Thats obsessed with numbers? Think before u respond because unlike most people on this site i actually do my research before i post.