PDA

View Full Version : 72 win BULLS team wouldn't make playoffs this year

TAZORAC
05-17-2021, 12:16 AM
72 Chicago Bulls were lead by Jordan, Pippen and Kukoc. If that roster were in the NBA today they wouldn't even make the playoffs.

1 of the biggest reasons is they couldn't find enough scoring or shooting. Teams of previous era's were NOTORIOUS for only being 5-6 deep. Most teams from back then only had about 3-4 players on their team who could really make an impact in todays game. Rodman's 20 rebounds don't mean anything when you are facing teams hitting 20 three pointers.

Jordan would be like an upgraded Zach Lavine and average about 30 a game, and the Bulls would be horrible. Pippen although a good player has never been a scorer, and Kukoc is nothing but a spot up shooter.

There's teams who won championships in the past who would be lottery teams, like the Detroit Pistons of 1989..where would their scoring come from? 1989 Pistons didn't have a player on their team who could average 20 a game as a main option aside from Dumars and Thomas.

And1AllDay
05-17-2021, 12:16 AM
72 Chicago Bulls were lead by Jordan, Pippen and Kukoc. If that roster was in the NBA today they wouldn't even make the playoffs.

1 of the biggest reasons is they couldn't find enough scoring or shooting. Teams of previous era's were NOTORIOUS for only being 5-6 deep. Most teams from back then only had about 3-4 players on their team who could really make an impact in todays game. Rodman's 20 rebounds don't mean anything when you are facing teams hitting 20 three pointers.

Jordan would be like an upgrade Zach Lavine and average 30 a game, and the Bulls would be horrible. Pippen although a good player has never been a scorer, and Kukoc is nothing but a spot up shooter.

There's teams who won championships in the past who would be lottery teams, like the Detroit Pistons of 1989..where would their scoring come from? 1989 Pistons didn't have a player on their team who could average 20 a game as a main option aside from Dumars and Thomas.

:lebronamazed:

Spurs m8
05-17-2021, 12:19 AM
Yes, Jordan didn't stack his teams...he didn't need to.

Real men played ball and didn't collude

And1AllDay
05-17-2021, 12:20 AM
Yes, Jordan didn't stack his teams...he didn't need to.

Real men played ball and didn't collude

yep

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/michael-jordan-jerry-krause-trade-bulls/

"I need help,” Jordan told Krause. Krause explained the Bulls had salary cap problems, which Jordan neither understood nor cared to hear about. So he made some decisions. One was that he would have to do just that much more himself. And to do that, he couldn’t have Cartwright fouling things up, especially late in the game."

DABIGSALSISHA
05-17-2021, 12:25 AM
Barea ?

Xiao Yao You
05-17-2021, 12:39 AM
Tazorac with another hilarious take :facepalm

SouBeachTalents
05-17-2021, 12:47 AM
If you're gonna troll, at least be funny. This shit isn't even remotely clever or amusing, it's just lame and uninteresting, like all of OP's other threads

insight
05-17-2021, 12:49 AM
Your right, this years Utah Jazz team with the best record in the league would destroy a Stockton , Malone led Utah team. You have mentally tougher teams like the Miami Heat and NY Knicks now, soft teams from 96 l Seattle Supersonics with Garry Payton and Detlif Shchremp would get run out the gym.

kawhileonard2
05-17-2021, 12:52 AM
This years Jazz in the 90’s would be picking 1st in the draft in the 90’s

mehyaM24
05-17-2021, 12:53 AM
If you're gonna troll, at least be funny. This shit isn't even remotely clever or amusing, it's just lame and uninteresting, like all of OP's other threads

you forgot one more adjective: idiotic

Your right, this years Utah Jazz team with the best record in the league would destroy a Stockton , Malone led Utah team. You have mentally tougher teams like the Miami Heat and NY Knicks now, soft teams from 96 l Seattle Supersonics with Garry Payton and Detlif Shchremp would get run out the gym.

werent you arguing drexler>butler in that other thread? lol all this talk about "mental toughness" yet you ignored it there

Axe
05-17-2021, 01:04 AM
Wow op with an insane, ridiculous take.

Barea ?
Just who got this user banished? :(

And1AllDay
05-17-2021, 01:09 AM
Wow op with an insane, ridiculous take.

Just who got this user banished? :(

:D made jokes about injuries. lil boi had to go we dont joke about injuries

Bawkish
05-17-2021, 01:17 AM
72 Chicago Bulls were lead by Jordan, Pippen and Kukoc. If that roster were in the NBA today they wouldn't even make the playoffs.

Jordan would be like an upgraded Zach Lavine and average about 30 a game, and the Bulls would be horrible. Pippen although a good player has never been a scorer, and Kukoc is nothing but a spot up shooter.

yes, the NBA Covid Era is the goatest era of tough competition

Axe
05-17-2021, 01:17 AM
:D made jokes about injuries. lil boi had to go we dont joke about injuries
About who? LeKong? Yikes.

And1AllDay
05-17-2021, 01:20 AM
About who? LeKong? Yikes.

yep in the ankle roll thread

he gone now and comment delete :pimp:

Jasper
05-17-2021, 09:51 AM

what a bunch of shit

insight
05-17-2021, 10:22 AM
you forgot one more adjective: idiotic

werent you arguing drexler>butler in that other thread? lol all this talk about "mental toughness" yet you ignored it there

It was sarcasm! Jimmy Butler didn't even play in the biggest game of the season for the 5th seed. Noel Nerlens vs Shawn Kemp or RJ Barrett vs Gary Peyton, I wouldn't be surprised if I saw someone cry on national tv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mueO3DpW04k

2much_knowledge
05-17-2021, 10:38 AM
Who wrote this? Forrest Gump?

Manny98
05-17-2021, 12:18 PM
I lick my lips whenever someone uses the 90s Bulls on 2k because I know it's going to be the easiest game ever

All you have to do is run a 2-3 zone and double the shit out of Jordan

The lack of shooting on the old school teams make them easy asf to defend

Manny98
05-17-2021, 12:23 PM
Tazorac with another hilarious take :facepalm
He kinda has a point tho

They would have won of the worst offenses in today's NBA

mehyaM24
05-17-2021, 01:05 PM
It was sarcasm! Jimmy Butler didn't even play in the biggest game of the season for the 5th seed. Noel Nerlens vs Shawn Kemp or RJ Barrett vs Gary Peyton, I wouldn't be surprised if I saw someone cry on national tv.

you mentioned detlef schrempf so i wasn't sure. last year, though, jimmy had a playoff run on the level of any of drexler's. and a finals better than any of drexler's. who cares about a one-off, regular-season game.

insight
05-17-2021, 02:34 PM
you mentioned detlef schrempf so i wasn't sure. last year, though, jimmy had a playoff run on the level of any of drexler's. and a finals better than any of drexler's. who cares about a one-off, regular-season game.

I like Jimmy Butler, he is a good player, but he is not a great player. Consistency matters, there are tons of players who had one or two really good years like Penny Hardaway, Derrick Rose, Joe Johnson but they are not considered top 50 players of all time because they didn't do it long enough.
The bubble was an anomaly, I still remember Jimmy was a 3rd or 4th option on a talented team like the 76rs team a few years ago. If Miami goes on another deep run this year, I will admit Jimmy is much closer to Drexler than I thought.

FKAri
05-17-2021, 02:57 PM
Back when this forum had actual basketball discussion, OP was still making shit threads like these.

TheMan
05-17-2021, 03:13 PM
yep

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/michael-jordan-jerry-krause-trade-bulls/

"I need help,” Jordan told Krause. Krause explained the Bulls had salary cap problems, which Jordan neither understood nor cared to hear about. So he made some decisions. One was that he would have to do just that much more himself. And to do that, he couldn’t have Cartwright fouling things up, especially late in the game."
That quote actually shows how much of an alpha he was, while LeBron goes begging to Kawhi to team up after already having AD, MJ decided he was gonna have to do more...GOAT doing GOAT shit :applause:

TheMan
05-17-2021, 03:15 PM
I lick my lips whenever someone uses the 90s Bulls on 2k because I know it's going to be the easiest game ever

That's how you measure past teams greatness, with a video game, LMAO...idiot :oldlol:

Axe
05-17-2021, 04:01 PM
That's how you measure past teams greatness, with a video game, LMAO...idiot :oldlol:
:roll:

MrFonzworth
05-17-2021, 04:06 PM

Holy hell imagine doubling on 2k no wonder ur into guys

Spurs m8
05-17-2021, 07:03 PM

Yep...Jordan didn't have much around him, you're right.

A true GOAT to 3peat twice with those pieces.

TAZORAC
05-17-2021, 07:27 PM

Does the Jazz have a player like Malone? NO, but guess what? They don't need one. When Joe Ingles, Mitchell, Clarkson and Bogdanovic are firing 3 pointers over his head. It doesn't matter.

TAZORAC
05-17-2021, 07:30 PM
Most of you losers on this website, lack common sense and general intelligence. That past the ball in the post and let your center work stuff doesn't work anymore.

3 pointers are more then 2 points.

The 72 win Bulls team, would have the worse ****ing offense in the NBA, probably only better then Minnesota and Houston. Aside from Jordan, nobody on that team was a consistent scorer.

TAZORAC
05-17-2021, 07:31 PM

96 Supersonics would get ran out of the gym..Detlif Schhremp is no better then Bogdanovic

Xiao Yao You
05-17-2021, 10:19 PM
Does the Jazz have a player like Malone? NO, but guess what? They don't need one. When Joe Ingles, Mitchell, Clarkson and Bogdanovic are firing 3 pointers over his head. It doesn't matter.

you mentioned 3 of the 4 worst players on the jazz :lol

Xiao Yao You
05-17-2021, 10:20 PM
96 Supersonics would get ran out of the gym..Detlif Schhremp is no better then Bogdanovic

i wish the jazz had someone like detlef instead of bojan :facepalm

Axe
05-17-2021, 10:21 PM
Most of you losers on this website, lack common sense and general intelligence. That past the ball in the post and let your center work stuff doesn't work anymore.

The 72 win Bulls team, would have the worse ****ing offense in the NBA, probably only better then Minnesota and Houston. Aside from Jordan, nobody on that team was a consistent scorer.
You're high on drugs.

HoopsNY
05-18-2021, 07:53 AM
The '96 Bulls would have demolished today's league. They were 3rd in 3 point shooting that season (40%). Take away 2% to adjust for the shortened three point line and Chicago is still shooting at a 38% clip.

Not to mention, they had enough shooters like Jordan, Kerr, Pippen, Kukoc, and Buechler who could knock it down from outside. Wennington had a mid-range game, and any team that has MJ+peak Pippen on it will dominate. Pippen provides length, versatility, and playmaking that suits today's game.

One thing the '96 Bulls have that most other great all-time teams don't is the ability to have versatility defensively. Rodman was legitimately great at guarding all 5 positions. The Bulls mastered small ball before it even became a thing and coupled it with the three quarter court press.

Chicago wins 70 games and a chip in this era, easily.

RogueBorg
05-18-2021, 08:55 AM
Can't be proven, irrelevant thread.

insight
05-18-2021, 10:08 AM
I said mentally tougher than the Seattle Supersonics, Detlif was a role player but he was tough and hard nosed. Do you really think Seattle would get ran out the gym with Shawn Kemp dominating like Giannis and Gary Peyton "The Glove" playing real defense.

Mauzah
05-18-2021, 02:40 PM

I always sub out Longley for Kukoc and slide Rodman to the 5. Kerr in for Harp and it's easy money all day plaire.

BigShotBob
05-18-2021, 03:09 PM

Reported.

theman93
05-18-2021, 04:17 PM
2021 League Avg 3 pt%: 36.7

1996 Bulls 3 pt%: 40.3

This doesn't even get in to the defensive side of the ball, to which the 96 Bulls had 3 First Team All-Defense players to go along with Harper. They would far and away have the best defense in the league, especially on the perimeter, which the game is primarily played now.

OP is an idiot.

BarberSchool
05-18-2021, 04:29 PM
Tazorac opinions are adorable, and almost seem serious lol

His avy gives away that he’s trolling, but he puts forth a believably idiotic troll char. Well done, sir!

Bronbron23
05-18-2021, 04:55 PM

Imagine actually thinking this a year after the heat made it to the finals and took 2 games off lakers.

Y'all muthafakas gotta stay off that shit:facepalm