PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Official All Time Draft SIMULATION THREAD

KobesFinger
05-17-2021, 07:00 PM
Alright guys, this kind of died so I'm trying to bring it back.

Draft Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?492551-2021-Official-All-Time-Draft-Thread)

To quote myself:

When I ran the last draft, we did a round robin. We all play each other X number of times, say twice at home and twice away, and the most victories is #1 seed and so on. H2H record is the tie breaker.

For the knockouts, do for instance 5 home games and 5 away games for each tie. If it ends square, the team who scored the most total points in the tie gets HCA and we did sudden death. We also did a 3rd placed series of the two beaten semi finalists.

For this you'll need to generate the box score for each match, save it and share them when doing the tournament itself

So I'm going to sim TWO home games and TWO away games for each team, so everybody plays everybody else 4 times for a grand total of 44 games each. This will give a big enough sample size to determine the seeding for the knockout part. As there are 12 teams and not 8 or 16, the top 4 teams will get a first round bye. The first round will be as follows: #5 v #12, #6 v #11, #7 v #8 and #9 v #10. Seeding tie breaker will be H2H record, then point differential, then total points scored.

The knockout stage will be 5 home games and 5 away games each, first to 6. If it ends 5-5, the team who scored the most through the 10 games gets HCA and the teams will play an 11th game, winner take all.

Once the finalists have been decided, I will sim a third placed playoff between the losing semi-finalists. Then I'll sim the final and that gives us a winner, 2nd place, 3rd place and 4th place.

What you guys need to do is tell me your Whatifsports user name and your team name. You also need to set your rotation, which you can do by selecting your team in the dream team section and selecting "edit depth chart". I'll give you guys until Tuesday 7pm ET to do this. If not, I'll assume that whatever rotation you have is final. If you don't list your team name and I can't find it, I'll assume you're no longer interested in participating, so your team will be eliminated.

Feel free to also post a write up of how your team would play, your strengths and weaknesses. Please note this isn't mandatory and is completely hypothetical.

Lebron23
05-17-2021, 07:03 PM
Lebron23ISH my team name

PG Isiah Thomas
SG Tracy McGrady
SF Giannis Antetokounmpo
PF Karl Malone
C Wilt Chamberlain

My starting 5

dankok8
05-17-2021, 07:05 PM
Sounds good. I can help you sim some games as well. Do you want me to RNG the conferences?

My team name is Djoker's Annihilators.

Cold soul
05-17-2021, 07:06 PM
I’m down to play this! It sounds like a lot of fun.

KobesFinger
05-17-2021, 08:13 PM
Sounds good. I can help you sim some games as well. Do you want me to RNG the conferences?

My team name is Djoker's Annihilators.

I wasn't planning to do conferences but would you be happy simming like half the games?

I’m down to play this! It sounds like a lot of fun.

Hmm, we did have a guy drop out. He drafted Kevin Garnett and Kevin Durant then stopped posting. Obviously by this point, nearly all the great players are gone, however there are still some good players left if you'd be happy to take over his team? Have a look in the draft thread to see which players are available.

dankok8
05-17-2021, 08:32 PM
I wasn't planning to do conferences but would you be happy simming like half the games?

Hmm, we did have a guy drop out. He drafted Kevin Garnett and Kevin Durant then stopped posting. Obviously by this point, nearly all the great players are gone, however there are still some good players left if you'd be happy to take over his team? Have a look in the draft thread to see which players are available.

I say let's do two conferences of six teams each.

iamgine
05-17-2021, 10:16 PM
:applause:

2much_knowledge
05-17-2021, 10:26 PM
@2Muchknowledge

CHAMPS INC

hangintheair
05-17-2021, 10:40 PM
Owner: Skyway

Team name: Hangintheair

KobesFinger
05-18-2021, 06:21 AM
I say let's do two conferences of six teams each.

The reason I wasn't gonna do that is because of the numbers, and also how do you decide who is in which conference

iamgine
05-18-2021, 08:11 AM
My team name is Selltickets

Gotterdammerung
05-18-2021, 10:18 AM
My team is Gotzendammerung.

Some fakkit has been playing against me unbeknownst to me.
:durantunimpressed:

dankok8
05-18-2021, 12:25 PM
The reason I wasn't gonna do that is because of the numbers, and also how do you decide who is in which conference

Just use an RNG to generate random numbers from 0 to 1 for everyone. The six highest numbers go in one conference and the others in the other conference.

KobesFinger
05-19-2021, 04:25 PM
Right so I had a look on WIF and none of these guys have made their teams. Would you guys be happy to remake their teams on your own accounts? We need:

AlternativeAcc (Bird, Barkley, Dwight Howard, Stockton, Vince Carter, Arenas, Pau Gasol, AK47, Artis Gilmore, )
SouBeachTalents (Hakeem, DWade, Jerry West, Havlicek, Sheed, Jimmy Butler, Walt Frazier, Eddie Jones, Marc Gasol, Paul Millsap)
1987_Lakers (Kareem, Dirk, Rick Barry, Harden, Chauncey Billups, Embiid, Bobby Jones, Jason Tatum, Klay Thompson, Mark Price)
Manny98 (LeBron, CP3, Bill Russell, Reggie Miller, Manu Ginobili, Khris Middleton, Shawn Marion, Mutombo, Kyle Korver)

Cold Soul can take over warriorfan's team which had Durant and KG on it if he wants to. We're at 11 teams if he doesn't in which case the top 3 seeds get a bye, with seeds 4 through 11 play in the first round.

Manny98
05-19-2021, 06:20 PM
I'll do mine in a minute

hangintheair
05-19-2021, 10:04 PM
Alternativeacc already prepared his. He sent it on the other thread

Team name: Alternativeacc
Owner: Altaccount10

iamgine
05-20-2021, 01:19 AM
we only need 8 teams right?

Lebron23
05-21-2021, 06:53 AM
I hope we have a trading deadline.

hangintheair
05-21-2021, 09:59 PM
I hope this will continue.

KobesFinger
05-23-2021, 03:08 PM
I've done the first round of fixtures, everybody has played every once at home and once away for a total of 14 games played each. The standings at the moment are:

1 - Dankok8 (12-2)
2 - hangintheair (11-3)
3 - iamgine (9-5)
4 - KobesFinger (8-6)
5 - Alternativeacc (6-8)
6 - Lebron23 (4-10)
7 - 2much_knowledge (3-11) 1436 total points scored
8 - Gotterdammerung (3-11) 1415 total points scored

Something I've noticed is that people who have given their bench loads of minutes are doing worse generally. I didn't even check your depth charts until just now - 2much_knowledge has set MJ to 12 minutes and hasn't completed his, so you should all double check yours to see if its right.

As we only have 8 teams and there won't be a first round bye, I'm going to do one more round instead of three more. I'm aiming to do this in the next two days. I have all the boxscore links, let me know if there are any you want the links for

2much_knowledge
05-23-2021, 08:18 PM
I've done the first round of fixtures, everybody has played every once at home and once away for a total of 14 games played each. The standings at the moment are:

1 - Dankok8 (12-2)
2 - hangintheair (11-3)
3 - iamgine (9-5)
4 - KobesFinger (8-6)
5 - Alternativeacc (6-8)
6 - Lebron23 (4-10)
7 - 2much_knowledge (3-11) 1436 total points scored
8 - Gotterdammerung (3-11) 1415 total points scored

Something I've noticed is that people who have given their bench loads of minutes are doing worse generally. I didn't even check your depth charts until just now - 2much_knowledge has set MJ to 12 minutes and hasn't completed his, so you should all double check yours to see if its right.

As we only have 8 teams and there won't be a first round bye, I'm going to do one more round instead of three more. I'm aiming to do this in the next two days. I have all the boxscore links, let me know if there are any you want the links for

This is my first time. I just tried to split the minutes like real life. What and how should i do it?

No way should i have that record with my team

Thenameless
05-24-2021, 02:56 AM
dankok8, can you please list your team here? I'm interested to see what the leading team looks like. Thanks.

KobesFinger
05-24-2021, 03:34 AM
This is my first time. I just tried to split the minutes like real life. What and how should i do it?

No way should i have that record with my team

Your starting line up should definitely be seeing the majority of the minutes, at least 35, even if it means the back up only plays 5 minutes. If you want your bench players having more minutes, split them between positions. E.g. have Dominique Wilkins play 8 minutes at SF and 8 at SG

dankok8
05-25-2021, 12:22 AM
dankok8, can you please list your team here? I'm interested to see what the leading team looks like. Thanks.

You can see my team. It's called Djoker's Annihilators.

dankok8
05-28-2021, 05:54 PM
Bump

dankok8
06-04-2021, 04:24 PM
I guess this is dead. Pretty sad... I am going to sim some matchups myself.