PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference #7 Play-In Game: Boston Celtics vs. Washington Wizards

ArbitraryWater
05-18-2021, 07:49 AM
Wizards at Celtics NBA Play-in Tournament game is Tuesday 9PM ET on TNT.

Surprised to see the Wizards as underdogs here.

ralph_i_el
05-18-2021, 08:40 AM
With Brown out and the Wizards streaking, I would bet on the Wizards. Celtics play tons of iso with Tatum and Kemba, and that plays right into the Wizard's hands.

ImKobe
05-18-2021, 08:45 AM
Surprised to see the Wizards as underdogs here.

Boston is playing at home. It's basically a coin flip. Neither team can really defend.

ralph_i_el
05-18-2021, 08:57 AM
Boston is playing at home. It's basically a coin flip. Neither team can really defend.

Sure, but Neto and Hachimura have actually been really good in 1-on-1, which is the only positive I can give about the Wizard's defense at all. The Celtics style plays into the one thing the Wizards actually are capable of doing. Celtics are also really shallow on bigs. The Wizards have been running 3 legit 5's (all of whom have serious weaknesses). Letting these guys run in short bursts has actually been really effective because just having a 5 who isn't gassed on the floor is a huge advantage.

One game is one game of course. Maybe Kemba or Tatum go absolutely ballistic and none of this matters.

Wally450
05-18-2021, 09:10 AM
Would almost rather see us lose, then win the 8 seed. We could at least put up a small fight against Philly than to go up against a fully healthy Nets team.

ShawkFactory
05-18-2021, 09:17 AM
This game and the 7-8 in the West are why the play-in games are a great idea. Even if everything else ends up being a disaster.

The Wizards are 17-8 in their last 25. Their last 5 losses have been by 4, 1, 1, 1, and 3 in OT. They've also had 2 OT wins in the last 10 games.

I'd be shocked if this game didn't come down to the wire but I think the Wizards are better.

ImKobe
05-18-2021, 10:17 AM
Sure, but Neto and Hachimura have actually been really good in 1-on-1, which is the only positive I can give about the Wizard's defense at all. The Celtics style plays into the one thing the Wizards actually are capable of doing. Celtics are also really shallow on bigs. The Wizards have been running 3 legit 5's (all of whom have serious weaknesses). Letting these guys run in short bursts has actually been really effective because just having a 5 who isn't gassed on the floor is a huge advantage.

One game is one game of course. Maybe Kemba or Tatum go absolutely ballistic and none of this matters.

They try really hard, but make so many dumb mistakes when it matters. It's a coaching and/or chemistry issue. Celtics on the other hand should be a great defensive team, but the effort really hasn't been there all season, they just look soft and don't respond well to teams like Miami, who go at them all game. Smart does so much dumb shit as well, fouls at the worst times and picks up guys like Butler 94 ft like they're Curry or Lillard :facepalm .

They're really even to me, wouldn't be surprised if this goes to like 2OT with neither team being able to get any stops in crunch time.

AirBonner
05-18-2021, 10:21 AM
Would almost rather see us lose, then win the 8 seed. We could at least put up a small fight against Philly than to go up against a fully healthy Nets team.

Agree. Stevens and Ainge deserve some heat for this season

ralph_i_el
05-18-2021, 10:41 AM
This thread is 100% facts so far folks. I'm real psyched to see how this all plays out.

ArbitraryWater
05-18-2021, 10:44 AM
Hyped for this, too.

Go Wiz.

Give us the Hollywood match-up.

ralph_i_el
05-18-2021, 10:45 AM
https://i.redd.it/22pzynl1ypz61.jpg

insight
05-18-2021, 10:57 AM
Boston's 3rd stringers play with more Heart than their starters, I watched the 3rd stringers almost beat the Knicks when the NY was fighting for the 4th seed. The Celtics are the modern day Tin Man team. The Wizards entire team plays with a chip on their shoulder and with Heart starting with Russell Westbrook. They score a lot of points in transition with Westbrook pushing the ball on the fast break.
If this game is played at a slower pace, I think it favors a the C's if they are playing with Heart, if the game is played at a faster pace I like the Wizards.
I like this play in system, so many more interesting match ups and games this season that I would not normally watch.

ralph_i_el
05-18-2021, 11:17 AM
Boston's 3rd stringers play with more Heart than their starters, I watched the 3rd stringers almost beat the Knicks when the NY was fighting for the 4th seed. The Celtics are the modern day Tin Man team. The Wizards entire team plays with a chip on their shoulder and with Heart starting with Russell Westbrook. They score a lot of points in transition with Westbrook pushing the ball on the fast break.
If this game is played at a slower pace, I think it favors a the C's if they are playing with Heart, if the game is played at a faster pace I like the Wizards.
I like this play in system, so many more interesting match ups and games this season that I would not normally watch.

Yeah, the entire last week has been pretty intense, instead of being a joke.

ArbitraryWater
05-18-2021, 11:26 AM
Yeah, the entire last week has been pretty intense, instead of being a joke.

it would have been anyway.

it came down to the 8th seed for both conferences

HBK_Kliq_2
05-18-2021, 02:03 PM
Who would give nets a tougher series?

Kemba and Tatum or Westbrook and beal

Kind of a toss up. Tatum is really soft though and Westbrook hates durant, so I will go with wizards as they played nets tough this season.

getting_old
05-18-2021, 02:09 PM
This thread is 100% facts so far folks. I'm real psyched to see how this all plays out.

Yup.

Now all i ask is that the #1 seed gets to pick its 1st-round opponent from the other 7 teams, see what happens (not a new idea, but it took this long to have a play-in)

HylianNightmare
05-18-2021, 02:11 PM
Wizards

ArbitraryWater
05-18-2021, 02:15 PM
Yup.

Now all i ask is that the #1 seed gets to pick its 1st-round opponent from the other 7 teams, see what happens (not a new idea, but it took this long to have a play-in)

jeezuz wtf

ShawkFactory
05-18-2021, 02:17 PM
jeezuz wtf

It's actually not a horrible idea given how load management has taken over. It'll prevent the best teams from tanking to get a more favorable seed/first round matchup for them.

Mask the Embiid
05-18-2021, 02:19 PM
Get your L's ready tonight for Loston fellas.....

Put them Captial L's up!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MntLMkF1z2c/maxresdefault.jpg

Throwupthem L's for Loston

ArbitraryWater
05-18-2021, 02:25 PM
It's actually not a horrible idea given how load management has taken over. It'll prevent the best teams from tanking to get a more favorable seed/first round matchup for them.

i doubt it.

the best teams if they wanted to would get the weaker opponents anyway since thats how the seeding works: 1 vs 8

now they can pick the 8th seed, or the 7th..

yay?

ShawkFactory
05-18-2021, 02:28 PM
i doubt it.

the best teams if they wanted to would get the weaker opponents anyway since thats how the seeding works: 1 vs 8

now they can pick the 8th seed, or the 7th..

yay?

Well lets use this year. The Jazz would still probably pick the Warriors, should they do their part to get the 8 seed.

But what about Phoenix? IMO, I could be on board with them being rewarded for their amazing season by being able to pick Portland instead of LAL in the first round. Ditto with Nuggets picking the Mavs. Those series would probably be better than what we have now anyway.

ArbitraryWater
05-18-2021, 02:28 PM
Well lets use this year. The Jazz would still probably pick the Warriors, should they do their part to get the 8 seed.

But what about Phoenix? IMO, I could be on board with them being rewarded for their amazing season by being able to pick Portland instead of LAL in the first round. Ditto with Nuggets picking the Mavs. Those series would probably be better than what we have now anyway.

True, but, it's just too subjective of a system...

but yeah, it'd be badly needed this year.

Poor Phoenix.

Legit hope GSW wins.

BarberSchool
05-18-2021, 04:21 PM
After an impressive high energy first half, and lots of chest beating & yelling.....

... Westbrick will go 4-14 in the second half with 4 turnovers, including turning the ball over on the last second play that wasn’t drawn up for him.

Wally450
05-18-2021, 04:48 PM
Need Tatum to go of for 45 tonight if we have any chance of winning.

fourkicks44
05-18-2021, 05:27 PM

Oh please let it be done basketball gods.

Philly/Boston first round would be MMWHAA

pegasus
05-18-2021, 05:33 PM
When teams are this close, I usually go with the team that has the best player in the series, which is Tatum, but this is not a series. Still, I expect Smart to step up while Kemba disappears. Celtics by 2 in OT.

AirBonner
05-18-2021, 05:37 PM
Who would give nets a tougher series?

Kemba and Tatum or Westbrook and beal

Kind of a toss up. Tatum is really soft though and Westbrook hates durant, so I will go with wizards as they played nets tough this season.
Depends. Is Evan Fournier going to be the 24ppg player he was and will Nesmith be the 15ppg scorer he can be?

Derka
05-18-2021, 06:36 PM
Celtics enter the play-in game with no momentum at all while the Wiz are streaking. They should put us out of our misery tonight.

LeCola
05-18-2021, 06:47 PM
Tonight one team will be called "Loston" or "Lizards".

tontoz
05-18-2021, 07:12 PM
The wizards toughness these last few weeks has been amazing to watch. No matter what is going on in the game they just keep fighting.

Never seen this from a wizards team. Have to give a lot of credit to Russ.

Axe
05-18-2021, 07:26 PM
The Cs need to move on from brad after this postseason

AirBonner
05-18-2021, 07:44 PM

Unless they make the conference finals because no one expects that

HBK_Kliq_2
05-18-2021, 08:25 PM

The kemba experiment has been a failure. Why did he sign there again? Seems random and no connection. I think Tatum needs more of a pass first point guard next to him.

Smart has overstayed his welcome

Brown is a glorified role player who can get hot occasionally

The only smart thing they have done is give Tatum an extension. Trade every one besides Tatum and hope he doesn't demand a trade. Maybe pair a lottery pick with tatum as Tatum is still young enough to go through a rebuilding situation.

Axe
05-18-2021, 08:34 PM
The kemba experiment has been a failure. Why did he sign there again? Seems random and no connection. I think Tatum needs more of a pass first point guard next to him.

Smart has overstayed his welcome

Brown is a glorified role player who can get hot occasionally

The only smart thing they have done is give Tatum an extension. Trade every one besides Tatum and hope he doesn't demand a trade. Maybe pair a lottery pick with tatum as Tatum is still young enough to go through a rebuilding situation.
Idk. All i know is that they've been to the conference finals in the bubble last year unlike the clippers but this time, they've been underwhelming and inconsistent for most of this season.

Proctor
05-18-2021, 08:55 PM
Can't shake the feeling that Boston will pull this off somehow but I really hope the Wizards win.

Westbrook has been unreal but if he comes out as Dumbbrook, this could get interesting.

Wally450
05-18-2021, 09:05 PM
Why is it so damn quiet in the broadcast?

HBK_Kliq_2
05-18-2021, 09:38 PM
Idk. All i know is that they've been to the conference finals in the bubble last year unlike the clippers but this time, they've been underwhelming and inconsistent for most of this season.

They played raptors to get to the conference finals. Anybody can get to the conference finals if all you have to do is beat Lowry and Siakam in the 2nd round.

Bronbron23
05-18-2021, 09:38 PM
This game is a perfect example of why westbrook is overrated. He's already done about half a dozen bone headed things in this game.

BarberSchool
05-18-2021, 09:45 PM
Why is it so damn quiet in the broadcast?Because Marv had a very light partial stroke before the game, and Grant Hill grew up playing Tennis?

BarberSchool
05-18-2021, 09:45 PM
This game is a perfect example of why westbrook is overrated. He's already done about half a dozen bone headed things in this game.100%

Notice Wizards didn’t have a lead until Russell went to the bench.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-18-2021, 09:47 PM
Tristin Thompson is a clown. They were better off with Enes

ImKobe
05-18-2021, 09:53 PM
What a brick fest. Celtics' heart is not in it. How are you down, even though your opponent is trying to give the game away?

Smart injured too.. might be game over.

Bronbron23
05-18-2021, 10:01 PM
100%

Notice Wizards didn’t have a lead until Russell went to the bench.

Yeah man and i actually like him because of his heart and motor. He's just not very smart.

ImKobe
05-18-2021, 10:02 PM
Williams down too.. C's cant catch a break.

Wally450
05-18-2021, 10:03 PM
Williams down too.. C's cant catch a break.

Epitome of our season.

Code Breaker
05-18-2021, 10:07 PM
Barkley picked the Celtics that's the kiss of death :lol

tontoz
05-18-2021, 10:12 PM
One of the weakest halves the wizards have played in awhile. They looked burnt. So many intense close games and not enough time to recover. Running on fumes.

Indian guy
05-18-2021, 10:31 PM
Damn. Wasn't expecting this after how lethargic Boston looked in the 1st half.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-18-2021, 10:32 PM
Well lets see what Tatum and kemba can do against nets. Maybe they are better without brown? Kemba can just worry about himself now instead of brown.

tontoz
We've made one 3, they've made 9.

Proctor
In these types of games, Westbrook is in over his head. Either too fast and out of control, or too leisurely offensively.

Doesn't help that Kemba usually decides to wake up for moments like this.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-18-2021, 10:33 PM
Shitbrick in playoff form.

tontoz
05-18-2021, 10:34 PM
The wizards MO has been to go on a run whenever things look bleak. Not sure they have the energy to do it again.

RRR3
05-18-2021, 10:34 PM
Celtics going dingo mode on the Wizards.

Axe
05-18-2021, 10:36 PM
They played raptors to get to the conference finals. Anybody can get to the conference finals if all you have to do is beat Lowry and Siakam in the 2nd round.
Liar lmao. That series went to seven games, despite boston holding a 2-0 lead earlier then.

Indian guy
05-18-2021, 10:41 PM
Grant Hill could be the boringest sounding color commentator in NBA history.

Airupthere
05-18-2021, 10:42 PM
Smart learned to pass up on the three now?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-18-2021, 10:42 PM
Fournier is so ****ing garbage.

Ainge really lost Gordon for nothing LMAOOOO

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-18-2021, 10:45 PM
LOLLL @ that being assist of the night

>pass to the open man

uhh.. Smart was open :hammerhead:

HBK_Kliq_2
05-18-2021, 10:51 PM

He is boring as shit but he's not annoying like Reggie miller

Bronbron23
05-18-2021, 10:53 PM
The wizards MO has been to go on a run whenever things look bleak. Not sure they have the energy to do it again.

Just excuses. Truth is tatum is showing beal what a true star looks like and westbrook is being typical dumb westbrook. I thought Wizards had a chance with brown going down but beal and westbrook are getting exposed for what they are. Regular season stars

Proctor
05-18-2021, 10:54 PM
He easily is.

Useless, vague generalities with zero character.

tontoz
05-18-2021, 11:02 PM
Just excuses. Truth is tatum is showing beal what a true star looks like and westbrook is being typical dumb westbrook. I thought Wizards had a chance with brown going down but beal and westbrook are getting exposed for what they are. Regular season stars

You are just showing your low IQ. Don't even notice that wizards have been guarding Tatum with guys much shorter.

The mini me lineup they have been using all year is killing them.

ShawkFactory
05-18-2021, 11:13 PM

Stop. You could perhaps say this about Beal but Westbrook has performed (albeit while still doing his dumb shit thing) on the highest level. He isn't some dude who is scared of the playoffs or of any moment. He had a 43/7/5 finals game before that was a reasonably normal thing. They lost...but you came blame Harden for that one.

RRR3
05-18-2021, 11:15 PM
It’s a shame the point totals won’t count for anything cuz Tatum is balling

Bronbron23
05-18-2021, 11:15 PM
You are just showing your low IQ. Don't even notice that wizards have been guarding Tatum with guys much shorter.

The mini me lineup they have been using all year is killing them.

So you actually think beal is better than tatum? Tatum’s game is clearly better suited for playoff ball. Beals game is pretty basic. He takes advantage of the weak regular season but there's nothing special about his game. He's a 20-22 pt scorer in tougher scoring era's.

BarberSchool
05-18-2021, 11:18 PM
Cue Westbrick selfishly going for the gimme layups every time down to stat pad, despite team having no chance to win unless they shoot 3’s every time down

Bronbron23
05-18-2021, 11:19 PM
Stop. You could perhaps say this about Beal but Westbrook has performed (albeit while still doing his dumb shit thing) on the highest level. He isn't some dude who is scared of the playoffs or of any moment. He had a 43/7/5 finals game before that was a reasonably normal thing. They lost...but you came blame Harden for that one.

Not saying he's scared. He's the furthest thing from scared. He's not a smart player in general. He also has a ver inconsistent jumper. This shit isn't even arguable at this point

tontoz
05-18-2021, 11:19 PM
So you actually think beal is better than tatum? Tatum’s game is clearly better suited for playoff ball. Beals game is pretty basic. He takes advantage of the weak regular season but there's nothing special about his game. He's a 20-22 pt scorer in tougher scoring era's.

Why are you making stuff up? I have never made any kind of comparison between Tatum and Beal.

But since you brought it up Tatum sat out the last game while Beal played 34 minutes on a bad hamstring last game.

Tatum has been guarded all game by guys 4+ inches shorter. Not surprised he is taking advantage of it.

ShawkFactory
05-18-2021, 11:21 PM
Not saying he's scared. He's the furthest thing from scared. He's not a smart player in general. He also has a ver inconsistent jumper. This shit isn't even arguable at this point

He had an off game. Thus is the issue with the 1 game deal here. Westbrook will go for 36/13/12 in the next game.

He got the bad one out of the way.

You also can't prepare for Tatum just fuvking around and going for 50.

ClipperRevival
05-18-2021, 11:21 PM
Chuckbrook at it again come playoff time.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-18-2021, 11:27 PM
Tatum vs Durant will be a great 1st round matchup

Kemba vs irving will be even

Celtics will just need the bald eagle Fournier to step up

tontoz
05-18-2021, 11:27 PM
He had an off game. Thus is the issue with the 1 game deal here. Westbrook will go for 36/13/12 in the next game.

He got the bad one out of the way.

You also can't prepare for Tatum just fuvking around and going for 50.

The 3 guard lineup has been a sore spot fro wizards fans all year. At times they actually had Ish Smith on Tatum.

:facepalm

Wally450
05-18-2021, 11:28 PM
Tatum is the real deal.

Bronbron23
05-18-2021, 11:29 PM
Why are you making stuff up? I have never made any kind of comparison between Tatum and Beal.

But since you brought it up Tatum sat out the last game while Beal played 34 minutes on a bad hamstring last game.

Tatum has been guarded all game by guys 4+ inches shorter. Not surprised he is taking advantage of it.

Way to dodge the question.

And i like beal he's just not a superstar and he never will be. He doesn't have the potential. Put him on a contender and he's a third option scoring about 20 points a game. Tatum isn't a superstar star yet either but unlike beal he has superstar potential.

tontoz
05-18-2021, 11:29 PM
Our best 3 pt shooter Bertans was 0-7 from 3. The team was
3-21.

tontoz
05-18-2021, 11:34 PM
Way to dodge the question.

And i like beal he's just not a superstar and he never will be. He doesn't have the potential. Put him on a contender and he's a third option scoring about 20 points a game. Tatum isn't a superstar star yet either but unlike beal he has superstar potential.

You are just a dumbass. Beal struggled because he has a bad hamstring. If this was midseason he wouldn't be out there. Acting like he struggled because this is a play in game is idiotic.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-18-2021, 11:36 PM
Shitbrick in the playoffs is free money

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-18-2021, 11:38 PM
Tristan Thompson is a beast.

One of the best big game role playing bigs ever.

Menace on the glass, elite defender, great finisher.

Him outplaying prime Draymond in multiple games was the X Factor in Cleveland winning their title.

Used to regularly son Al Horford too.

Bronbron23
05-18-2021, 11:42 PM
You are just a dumbass. Beal struggled because he has a bad hamstring. If this was midseason he wouldn't be out there. Acting like he struggled because this is a play in game is idiotic.

Nah didn't say anything about him struggling. He just dosn't have the game to dominate against good physical playoff defenses. He never will. Time will tell and you'll see but it's nothing to get but hurt about. He's still a good player

fsvr54
05-18-2021, 11:45 PM
Tatum is not a good basketball player. Hate that *****

Also, **** the Celtics for all eternity

tpols
05-18-2021, 11:45 PM
Tristan Thompson is a beast.

One of the best big game role playing bigs ever.

Menace on the glass, elite defender, great finisher.

Him outplaying prime Draymond in multiple games was the X Factor in Cleveland winning their title.

Used to regularly son Al Horford too.

Tristan is Dennis Rodman v2. I think he will kill the nets.

imdaman99
05-18-2021, 11:47 PM
Shitbrick in the playoffs is free money

:roll: look at this btch celebrating now that KD doesn't get sonned by Goatbrook :lol

I didn't watch the game because I was ballin but looks like Wiz put up a dud and Tatum went berzerk. It happens. Let's see them against the Pacers, they've played them 3 tight games and won all 3 but this is win or go home drama leggo :rockon:

tontoz
05-18-2021, 11:51 PM
Nah didn't say anything about him struggling. He just dosn't have the game to dominate against good physical playoff defenses. He never will. Time will tell and you'll see but it's nothing to get but hurt about. He's still a good player

Nonsense. Beal has been fine in the playoffs you are just talking out of your ass. You don't know jack sh*t about Beals game.

Bronbron23
05-19-2021, 12:02 AM
Nonsense. Beal has been fine in the playoffs you are just talking out of your ass. You don't know jack sh*t about Beals game.

I agree he has been fine he just has never been great. That's kind of my point cheif. Nobody saying he's a bum. He's just not a franchise guy on a contender. He dosn't impact the game like that. A fine scoring mediocre defender, rebounder and passer isn't gonna get it done. Sorry bruh don't be mad at me be mad at the truth.

tontoz
05-19-2021, 12:07 AM
I agree he has been fine he just has never been great. That's kind of my point cheif. Nobody saying he's a bum. He's just not a franchise guy on a contender. He dosn't impact the game like that. A fine scoring mediocre defender, rebounder and passer isn't gonna get it done. Sorry bruh don't be mad at me be mad at the truth.

If that is what you think then why don't you say it before the game pu$$y?

Beal is 2nd in the league in scoring on a team with no spacing. Only 2 teams in the league made fewer 3s than the wizards but he still averaged 31 with a 59% TS.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-19-2021, 12:08 AM
:roll: look at this btch celebrating now that KD doesn't get sonned by Goatbrook :lol

I didn't watch the game because I was ballin but looks like Wiz put up a dud and Tatum went berzerk. It happens. Let's see them against the Pacers, they've played them 3 tight games and won all 3 but this is win or go home drama leggo :rockon:

I was commenting during the game Apu Jr. While you were ducking the GT b/c you know how your man plays in big games like this

Yeah you were ballin during a pandemic nice joke babyboi

Don't duck the Pacers game too pussea

tontoz
05-19-2021, 12:15 AM
For the record Russ hasn't had 2 days off between games in 3 months. The wizards missed 6 games earlier in the season due to covid and had to make them up. Their schedule has been really condensed and Russ has been playing 40 minutes per game the last few weeks.

imdaman99
05-19-2021, 12:17 AM
I was commenting during the game Apu Jr. While you were ducking the GT b/c you know how your man plays in big games like this

Yeah you were ballin during a pandemic nice joke babyboi

Don't duck the Pacers game too pussea

This is how I know you ain't even from the US. This fool thinks no one goes outside :roll: get some fresh air instead of playing with hamsters :oldlol:

https://media.comicbook.com/2020/07/hamtaro-protests-anime-1231162-1280x0.jpeg

Bronbron23
05-19-2021, 12:18 AM
If that is what you think then why don't you say it before the game pu$$y?

Beal is 2nd in the league in scoring on a team with no spacing. Only 2 teams in the league made fewer 3s than the wizards but he still averaged 31 with a 59% TS.

It's one game dummy. I just made the prediction that he wont be the best player on a contender and he'll never do in the playoffs what he does in the regular season. That's not a good enough ahead of time prediction for you?

Have patience you'll see i'm right. You should listen to me and save yourself years of disappointment and find yourself a real superstar to stan. Just trying to help homebody

DABIGSALSISHA
05-19-2021, 12:27 AM
WEST
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTySvm-dws1Y4VTV0bw4xPvi4ehl-WDmGrv3A&usqp=CAU

ZionDunks
05-19-2021, 12:51 AM
Tatum is becoming one of the best 3 level scorers in the game

AirBonner
05-19-2021, 02:50 AM
Tatum is becoming one of the best 3 level scorers in the game

Total package. And his defense is getting better

miggyme1
05-19-2021, 05:34 AM
Kinda seemed like the wizards wanted to lose tonight. Did anybody get that feeling? I think they want the 76ers in the first round. Kudos to the celtics but im almost certain the Nets will be sweeping them like a dollar tree broom. Im excited about the kemba/kyrie showdown since that’s basically kyries replacement in boston but i mean they have nobody that can guard harden or KD....im expecting blowouts of epic proportions.

Sportal
05-19-2021, 06:27 AM
I went to work at the half, and was all "shit... dunno whether the Celtics are gonna survive this...". Get home and Tatum has dropped 50, gawdamn. They will really be relying on him to be efficient against the Nets. Maybe a break-out playoff series for Tatum incoming?

tontoz
05-19-2021, 08:57 AM
It's one game dummy. I just made the prediction that he wont be the best player on a contender and he'll never do in the playoffs what he does in the regular season. That's not a good enough ahead of time prediction for you?

Have patience you'll see i'm right. You should listen to me and save yourself years of disappointment and find yourself a real superstar to stan. Just trying to help homebody

Wow what a bold prediction. Wizards have been a dysfunctional organization his entire time here until recently. They are in cap hell with a bunch of cast offs filling out the roster. Just becoming a contender would be a long shot.

In order to be on a contender he would probably have to go to another team with an established star which of course makes your prediction true. Wow what insight.:bowdown:

How many guys average 30+ ppg in the playoffs? Only one in history for his career. Even averaging 30 for one postseason is rare. Another really bold prediction.:facepalm

Bronbron23
05-19-2021, 09:23 AM
Wow what a bold prediction. Wizards have been a dysfunctional organization his entire time here until recently. They are in cap hell with a bunch of cast offs filling out the roster. Just becoming a contender would be a long shot.

In order to be on a contender he would probably have to go to another team with an established star which of course makes your prediction true. Wow what insight.:bowdown:

How many guys average 30+ ppg in the playoffs? Only one in history for his career. Even averaging 30 for one postseason is rare. Another really bold prediction.:facepalm

Ok cool than we agree. He's not a franchise guy on a contender. That's all i was saying. Glad we agree

tontoz
05-19-2021, 09:31 AM
Ok cool than we agree. He's not a franchise guy on a contender. That's all i was saying. Glad we agree

Lol so do you have to average 30 ppg in the playoffs to be a franchise guy on a contender? Dwyane Wade did that once in his career.

Nobody on this forum has put Beal on the same level as Wade so what is your point?

If I say Tatum will never be as good as LeBron that would be a pretty pointless comment.

Real Men Wear Green
05-19-2021, 09:49 AM
Can't judge Beal's whole career over just last night. If it was a regular season game he Might not even have played with his injury. He was very impressive this season. Predicting a whole career is impossible but he can definitely be a cornerstone for a winner. Is he a worse player than Piston Billups?

Bronbron23
05-19-2021, 12:54 PM
Lol so do you have to average 30 ppg in the playoffs to be a franchise guy on a contender? Dwyane Wade did that once in his career.

Nobody on this forum has put Beal on the same level as Wade so what is your point?

If I say Tatum will never be as good as LeBron that would be a pretty pointless comment.

You keep bringing up 30 points. He wouldn't even be able to score 25 on a contender. He'd be the third option on a contender so maybe he scores 20-22 pts a game. That's still pretty good or fine as you said.

And he obviously won't be as good as bron but he won't even be better than lower level greats like steve nash or Russell westbrook. He dosn't impact the game like that. He doesn't have that kind of potential. Tatum does and can. Whether he does or not remains to be seen but he has the ability. Beal dosn't.

Bronbron23
05-19-2021, 01:06 PM
Can't judge Beal's whole career over just last night. If it was a regular season game he Might not even have played with his injury. He was very impressive this season. Predicting a whole career is impossible but he can definitely be a cornerstone for a winner. Is he a worse player than Piston Billups?

I'm not judging it based on last night I'm basing it off of what I've seen for his career so far. Yeah He's been a great scorer on a mediocre team in the reg season in the easiest scoring era ever but that dosn't count for that much. Doing that or close to that on a contender deep in the post season is a whole different thing. I don't think he has the ability to do that. Tatum does.

As far as Billups it's not that simple. Beal is a better individual talent i guess but is he a better fit on a championship squad? Billups put up 21 and 6 on 50% shooting in the finals in a much harder defensive era. Beal wouldn't do any better. I'd want Chauncey running my team in the finals over beal any day.

tontoz
05-19-2021, 01:28 PM
You keep bringing up 30 points. He wouldn't even be able to score 25 on a contender. He'd be the third option on a contender so maybe he scores 20-22 pts a game. That's still pretty good or fine as you said.

And he obviously won't be as good as bron but he won't even be better than lower level greats like steve nash or Russell westbrook. He dosn't impact the game like that. He doesn't have that kind of potential. Tatum does and can. Whether he does or not remains to be seen but he has the ability. Beal dosn't.

Again why are you comparing Beal to Tatum? Has anyone ever done that on this forum besides you? Why are you even bringing this up? They play different positions and are at different stages of their careers.

In 2017 the Wizards were one game away from the ECF. Beal averaged 23 in the regular season and 25 in the playoffs.

In game 7 he dropped 38 shooting 12-22 from the field, 5-10 from 3 and 9/10 from the foul line. He wasn't as good then as he is now. Wall shot 8-23 that game. Nobody else scored over 20. The bench scored 5 pts total.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201705150BOS.html

You should probably stop pretending like you know what you are talking about.

Bronbron23
05-19-2021, 01:46 PM
Again why are you comparing Beal to Tatum? Has anyone ever done that on this forum besides you? Why are you even bringing this up? They play different positions and are at different stages of their careers.

In 2017 the Wizards were one game away from the ECF. Beal averaged 23 in the regular season and 25 in the playoffs.

In game 7 he dropped 38 shooting 12-22 from the field, 5-10 from 3 and 9/10 from the foul line. He wasn't as good then as he is now. Wall shot 8-23 that game. Nobody else scored over 20. The bench scored 5 pts total.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201705150BOS.html

You should probably stop pretending like you know what you are talking about.

And that's your problem right there. He wasn't anything to brag about in those 2 playoff series. In the first series he shot 9 threes a game even though he was shooting 26% from 3. That's trash. He also only had 2 assists and 4 reb a game.

In the second series he shot 8 threes a game on 31% and had 3 assists and 3 reb.

So you legit think a guy who scores 25 a game on mediocre efficiency and literally gives you nothing in orter important areas like defense, assists and rebounds is a high impact player?

Right but i'm the one that dosn't know what he's talking about:facepalm

tontoz
05-19-2021, 01:55 PM
And that's your problem right there. He wasn't anything to brag about in those 2 playoff series. In the first series he shot 9 threes a game even though he was shooting 26% from 3. That's trash. He also only had 2 assists and 4 reb a game.

In the second series he shot 8 threes a game on 31% and had 3 assists and 3 reb.

So you legit think a guy who scores 25 a game on mediocre efficiency and literally gives you nothing in orter important areas like defense, assists and rebounds is a high impact player?

Right but i'm the one that dosn't know what he's talking about:facepalm

When have i been bragging about Beal? I am just pointing out the stupidity of your comments. I wouldn't even be talking about Beal in this thread if it wasn't for your nonsense.

You said "He wouldn't even be able to score 25 on a contender." When i point out that he actually did that, as a lesser player, you move the goal posts. Taking lessons from 3ball?

Bronbron23
05-19-2021, 02:00 PM
When have i been bragging about Beal? I am just pointing out the stupidity of your comments. I wouldn't even be talking about Beal in this thread if it wasn't for your nonsense.

You said "He wouldn't even be able to score 25 on a contender." When i point out that he actually did that, as a lesser player, you move the goal posts. Taking lessons from 3ball?

That wizard team wasn't a contender dude

tontoz
05-19-2021, 02:04 PM
That wizard team wasn't a contender dude

LOL they were one game away from the ECF. If they win that game they are one of the Final 4 teams. What exactly is a contender in your demented world? Do you think playing on a slightly better team would cause his scoring to plummet? :oldlol:

Keep in mind that was 4 years ago. Beal is much better now and his career average in the playoffs is 22.70 ppg. Saying he wouldn't be able to average 25 on a contender is just dumb.

Bronbron23
05-19-2021, 02:07 PM
LOL they were one game away from the ECF. If they win that game they are one of the Final 4 teams. What exactly is a contender in your demented world? Do you think playing on a slightly better team would cause his scoring to plummet? :oldlol:

Keep in mind that was 4 years ago. Beal is much better now and his career average in the playoffs is 22.70 ppg. Saying he wouldn't be able to average 25 on a contender is just dumb.

They just weren't a contender dude. Nobody had them winning a chip or even coming out of the east. There's a difference between a contender and a playoff team.

tontoz
05-19-2021, 02:15 PM
They just weren't a contender dude. Nobody had them winning a chip or even coming out of the east. There's a difference between a contender and a playoff team.

So what is a contender, specifically? What is the criteria?

Nobody thought Miami would make the Finals last year so i guess in your world they weren't contenders. :roll:

LeCola
05-19-2021, 02:24 PM
Washington Lizards

Bronbron23
05-19-2021, 02:59 PM

Nobody thought Miami would make the Finals last year so i guess in your world they weren't contenders. :roll:

A contender is a team that has a decent chance at winning a chip. Wizards weren't one of those teams. Last year heat weren't a contender and they were a bit of a surprise finalists but you'll get a surprise once in awhile.

So you basically think every team that makes the playoffs is a contender?

Bronbron23
05-19-2021, 03:04 PM

And just to put it in perspective warriors were a 2/5 odds to win it all in 2017 and warriors were 17/5. Wizzards were 50/1.

tontoz
05-19-2021, 03:11 PM
A contender is a team that has a decent chance at winning a chip. Wizards weren't one of those teams. Last year heat weren't a contender and they were a bit of a surprise finalists but you'll get a surprise once in awhile.

So you basically think every team that makes the playoffs is a contender?

So only teams that people think can win a title are contenders, not the teams who actually contend? So who are these people who make this decision? The Heat weren't contenders last year even though they made the Finals?

That makes absolutely no sense because opinions don't win rings. If every NBA fan in the world thinks a team can win a title that doesn't change the fact that they have to win 16 playoff games to win a ring. The outcomes of the games matter. Opinions don't mean crap.

No i dont think any team that makes the playoffs is a contender. Not surprised you would say that because you are great at making stuff up and pretending it was said somewhere.

I do think that teams in the conference finals are contenders. They just have to win 8 games to win a title. The other 26 teams can't possibly win a title. Only those 4 can and they are half way there.

Bronbron23
05-19-2021, 06:09 PM
So only teams that people think can win a title are contenders, not the teams who actually contend? So who are these people who make this decision? The Heat weren't contenders last year even though they made the Finals?

That makes absolutely no sense because opinions don't win rings. If every NBA fan in the world thinks a team can win a title that doesn't change the fact that they have to win 16 playoff games to win a ring. The outcomes of the games matter. Opinions don't mean crap.

No i dont think any team that makes the playoffs is a contender. Not surprised you would say that because you are great at making stuff up and pretending it was said somewhere.

I do think that teams in the conference finals are contenders. They just have to win 8 games to win a title. The other 26 teams can't possibly win a title. Only those 4 can and they are half way there.

I didn't say you thought that i was asking you and you answered.

And of course peoples opinions are what make team contenders dude. Experts look at teams records, data and strengths and they make odds and predictions. This is literally what vegas does. they base their lines on it. Again wizards was 50/1 on everyones books in 2017. Nobody had them coming out of the east let alone win a title. That's not a contender imo but there's really no set rule on what is so each to their own i guess

tontoz
05-19-2021, 06:18 PM
I didn't say you thought that i was asking you and you answered.

And of course peoples opinions are what make team contenders dude. Experts look at teams records, data and strengths and they make odds and predictions. This is literally what vegas does. they base their lines on it. Again wizards was 50/1 on everyones books in 2017. Nobody had them coming out of the east let alone win a title. That's not a contender imo but there's really no set rule on what is so each to their own i guess

Lol so the Vegas odds determine who contenders are?

What were the Vegas odds of Utah and Phoenix getting the top two seeds in the west?

The games are what matter, not the Vegas preseason odds. Vegas doesn't get a say in who wins a ring. They are just in business to make money.

Vegas predicts who the contenders might be. The games determine who the contenders really are

Bronbron23
05-19-2021, 07:20 PM
Lol so the Vegas odds determine who contenders are?

What were the Vegas odds of Utah and Phoenix getting the top two seeds in the west?

The games are what matter, not the Vegas preseason odds. Vegas doesn't get a say in who wins a ring. They are just in business to make money.

Vegas predicts who the contenders might be. The games determine who the contenders really are

Ok fine so then basically everyone is a contender then? I guess we're back to that because you can only use what you know and predict from that but at the end of the day anything is possible so who knows. That's basically your take and that's fine. Again there's no set rule.

I and most people look at the consensus favorites and go with that. Personally i think that's a better way to determine who are contenders but that's my opinion.

Personally i think your playing a little dumb but that's just me. If you look at heavyweight boxing for instance most people would say fury, wilder and Joshua are contenders for the belt. That dosn't mean some lower tier dude can't fight out his mind and end up beating a champ and being on top.

Or take a lion, tiger, bear and a deer. If you had to pick the contenders who would you pick? Obviously the first three. It dosnt mean the deer won't surprise everyone and back kick or antler the other 3 to death. It's just less likely and the deer definitely wouldn't be viewed as a serious contender.

tontoz
05-19-2021, 08:59 PM
I am playing dumb? How can any of the final 4 teams not be considered contenders? That is just nuts. They have proven without a doubt they are contenders. They lasted longer than 26 other teams.

Every series is 7 games. It isn't like a team had a fluke win and advanced. They have to win 4 times to advance.

By your logic Ortiz wasn't a contender even after he beat Joshua. WTF

Bronbron23
05-19-2021, 09:48 PM
I am playing dumb? How can any of the final 4 teams not be considered contenders? That is just nuts. They have proven without a doubt they are contenders. They lasted longer than 26 other teams.

Every series is 7 games. It isn't like a team had a fluke win and advanced. They have to win 4 times to advance.

Your saying final 4 but that's during or after the fact. Obviously after the fact a contender is a contender. What about before? Do you really consider the knicks a contender? They're a 4th seed like the wiz were in 17.

bladefd
05-19-2021, 09:53 PM

Just because you reach final 4 doesn't make you a contender. You are a contender or you are not before the playoffs begin. Nobody in their right mind would have jotted down the Wizards as contenders in the entire Beal era.

tontoz
05-19-2021, 10:03 PM
Just because you reach final 4 doesn't make you a contender. You are a contender or you are not before the playoffs begin. Nobody in their right mind would have jotted down the Wizards as contenders in the entire Beal era.

:roll:

Nobody thought the Heat would make the Finals. They did hence they were a contender.

Right now all we have are opinions about who the title contenders are. Opinions are frequently wrong. A lot of people picked the clippers to win the title last year. How did that work out?

Different people will have different opinions about who the contenders are. There never has been and never will be a consensus. Who gets to decide who the contenders are?

After the games are played we know the contenders.

Just because you pick the wrong teams doesn't mean the final 4 aren't contenders. It just means your opinions were wrong.

For the record I never said the wizards were a contender. The clown said Beal couldn't average 25 in the playoffs on a contender. I pointed out that Beal did average 25 on a team that was one game away from the ECF and that he is better now.

Bronbron23
05-19-2021, 10:09 PM
:roll:

Nobody thought the Heat would make the Finals. They did hence they were a contender.

Right now all we have are opinions about who the title contenders are. Opinions are frequently wrong. A lot of people picked the clippers to win the title last year. How did that work out?

Different people will have different opinions about who the contenders are.

Just because you pick the wrong teams doesn't mean the final 4 aren't contenders. It just means your opinions were wrong.

Again so we're back here. You basically believe there's no such thing as non contenders so technically everyone has a chance so everyone is a contender. If that's your position i'm fine with that but you said it wasn't easier.

tontoz
05-19-2021, 10:14 PM
Again so we're back here. You basically believe there's no such thing as non contenders so technically everyone has a chance so everyone is a contender. If that's your position i'm fine with that but you said it wasn't easier.

You are confused between the past and present. In hindsight we know that the Heat were contenders last season. You are so hung up on preseason odds that you are trying to deny they were a contender.

Who are the contenders now? Do you think everyone would agree with your list? If a team not on your list makes the Finals does that mean they weren't a contender? Of course not it just means you were wrong.

I have my opinion of who the likely contenders but my opinion and a dollar will get me a soda but not much else. Opinions just aren't that valuable.

tontoz
05-19-2021, 10:26 PM
Let's use the Suns as an example. Some people will say they are legit title contenders. Some won't. One of those groups will be wrong which shows how valuable opinions are.

Bronbron23
05-19-2021, 10:29 PM
You are confused between the past and present. In hindsight we know that the Heat were contenders last season. You are so hung up on preseason odds that you are trying to deny they were a contender.

Who are the contenders now? Do you think everyone would agree with your list? If a team not on your list makes the Finals does that mean they weren't a contender? Of course not it just means you were wrong.

I have my opinion of who the likely contenders but my opinion and a dollar will get me a soda but not much else. Opinions just aren't that valuable.

Your the one confused. When looking at who's a contender there is no past. They haven't played yet. Knicks this year isn't contender just like wizards in 17 weren't a contender at the time. The heat team last yeae weren't viewed as a contender and people were wrong. The 17 wizards weren't the heat though. If they were good enough to prove people wrong they would have.

Bronbron23
05-19-2021, 10:33 PM
Let's use the Suns as an example. Some people will say they are legit title contenders. Some won't. One of those groups will be wrong which shows how valuable opinions are.

Yeah but 17 wizards weren't as good as this suns team. Suns are a low seed in a hard conference and the 17 wiz were a 4th seed in a bad conference. Suns are a contender although not a strong one. 17 wiz weren't a contender. Nobody other than stans in Washington thought they had a chance

tontoz
05-19-2021, 10:41 PM
Yeah but 17 wizards weren't as good as this suns team. Suns are a low seed in a hard conference and the 17 wiz were a 4th seed in a bad conference. Suns are a contender although not a strong one. 17 wiz weren't a contender. Nobody other than stans in Washington thought they had a chance

I never said the wizards were contenders. I did say that they were close and Beal averaged 25 then as a lesser player. No reason to think he wouldn't average 25 on a slightly better team especially since he is better now.

Injuries do play a role. I didn't consider the wizards contenders because they were the healthiest team in the league and won only 49 games. I sure didn't expect them to get so close to the ECF.

What I didn't consider is that their lack of bench depth wasn't as much of a problem in the playoffs. It was a bigger problem in the regular season.