PDA

View Full Version : Remember when Hornacek, Stockton, and Ostertag ragdolled these guys?

3ball
05-19-2021, 09:29 PM
https://youtube.com/shorts/6ha-qlvUj70?feature=share

It's called brand of ball folks... And it wins games for untalented teams or underdogs like the 09' Magic, 98' Jazz, or 94' Bulls

Otoh, some guys are talented but play a poor brand and are basically talent-based winners, aka Lebron or Shaq - that's why they have so many losses as favorites or with uber-talented teams..

and the losses are often sweeps or record blowouts, because one brand simply blows the doors off another brand

SouBeachTalents
05-19-2021, 09:32 PM

It's called brand of ball folks... And it wins games for untalented teams or underdogs like the 09' Magic, 98' Jazz, or 94' Bulls

Otoh, some guys are talented but play a poor brand and are basically talent-based winners, aka Lebron or Shaq
3ball finally admitting the Jazz were an untalented team :applause:

3ball
05-19-2021, 09:45 PM
3ball finally admitting the Jazz were an untalented team :applause:

they demolished Shaq, Duncan and Hakeem in those playoffs, but couldn't beat MJ.

But yes - they were the only Finals opponent of the Bulls that arguably had less talent..

Every other Finals opponent had far more talent (far more scorers and better team defense)

(edit: the Sonics had the #2 defense and the Bulls' #1, while the Suns had #9 defense and Bulls #7)

90sgoat
05-19-2021, 09:47 PM
Jazz were the original Popovich Spurs.

And1AllDay
05-19-2021, 09:52 PM
ah yes the original trash bros

stockton y malone

thanks for reminding me to bump it

Airupthere
05-19-2021, 10:01 PM

My thought as well

90sgoat
05-19-2021, 10:04 PM
My thought as well

Jazz were mentally tough, smart, disciplined.

They'd keep on going the full 48 minutes.

I think Pop took a lot of inspiration from them.

kawhileonard2
05-19-2021, 10:45 PM
ah yes the original trash bros

stockton y malone

thanks for reminding me to bump it

Beat Duncan at his prime. Lebron had to win against an old Duncan but with 3 other hall of famers.

And1AllDay
05-19-2021, 10:49 PM
Beat Duncan at his prime. Lebron had to win against an old Duncan but with 3 other hall of famers.

who beat duncan at his prime what year? :oldlol:

kawhileonard2
05-19-2021, 10:49 PM
who beat duncan at his prime what year? :oldlol:

Stockton and Malone did.

And1AllDay
05-19-2021, 10:55 PM
Stockton and Malone did.

what.
year.

3ball
05-19-2021, 11:00 PM
what.
year.

It was Duncan's 5th year in "lebron years"

His stats in 98' were identical to the middle part of his career.. The Big Fundamental was the most prepared prospect of all time

Airupthere
05-19-2021, 11:01 PM
what.
year.

I thought in 98 they did

kawhileonard2
05-19-2021, 11:05 PM
I thought in 98 they did

This.! Just imagine Stockton and Malone beat Prime Duncan and Robinson but took a miracle Ray Allen shot to beat a 36 year old Duncan in the playoffs.:roll:

3ball
06-03-2021, 06:56 PM
This.! Just imagine Stockton and Malone beat Prime Duncan and Robinson but took a miracle Ray Allen shot to beat a 36 year old Duncan in the playoffs.:roll:

Lol

It's gonna be all jokes tonight folks as Lebron gives away another title that he was favored

scuzzy
06-03-2021, 07:00 PM
MJ's greatest feat was beating 35yo Jeff Hornacek who beat rookie Duncan

Yikes

3ball
06-03-2021, 07:02 PM

Yikes

If Stockton/Malone beat Shaq & Duncan and were nearly B2B champs in 97/98, then Stockton/MJ would win every year.

Stockton ranks 8th all-time in BPM and had twice as many All-NBA awards as Pippen, while averaging 17/14 with 3 steals in his prime.. So he would win every year with MJ.

This proves that Pippen wasn't needed to win many titles - he simply came along at the right time when expansion spread the talent around evenly, so 2-star teams could be champions (not super-teams like the 80's)... Obviously, anyone wins alongside the goat in a 2-star vs 2-star format.

And1AllDay
06-03-2021, 07:03 PM

Yikes

yiiiiiiikes :oldlol:

different era i guess :oldlol:

weak azzz 90s ball

3ball
06-03-2021, 07:04 PM

weak azzz 90s ball

Jazz ragdolled Duncan, and Duncan ragdolled Lebron = Jazz ragdoll Lebron, just like the Suns tonight

scuzzy
06-03-2021, 07:07 PM

weak azzz 90s ball

Bruh, imagine Lebrons biggest feat was sweeping the Raps who shit on 22yo Giannis :oldlol:

And then again the next year vs Boston who also curbed stomped 23yo Giannis :biggums:

:yaohappy:

TheCorporation
06-03-2021, 07:15 PM
Bruh, imagine Lebrons biggest feat was sweeping the Raps who shit on 22yo Giannis :oldlol:

And then again the next year vs Boston who also curbed stomped 23yo Giannis :biggums:

:lol

With a 10.7 ppg #2 option?! :roll:

I cant imagine an era so weak. LeKing is Cemented top 1

LAmbruh
06-03-2021, 07:15 PM
Lebron beat the 73 win team of 4 USA Rio Olympians, who beat prime Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Stevens, who beat the 67 win Spurs

3ball
06-03-2021, 07:16 PM

The Jazz ragdolled the guy that ragdolled Lebron (Duncan)

LAmbruh
06-03-2021, 07:18 PM
Jordan missed the playoffs with #3rd option Hughes

Lebron made the finals with #2 option Hughes

scuzzy
06-03-2021, 07:21 PM
Pippen by himself ragdolled the Jazz :applause:

3ball
06-03-2021, 07:22 PM

Jordan got hurt in 02' and didn't finish the season, otherwise they were the 4 seed

Then he was 40 in 03' but still got the 9 seed with better PER than Lebron got the next season

Manny98
06-03-2021, 07:41 PM

Yikes
:roll::roll:

Shooter
06-03-2021, 07:48 PM
Lebron beat the 73 win team of 4 USA Rio Olympians, who beat prime Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Stevens, who beat the 67 win Spurs

It's over

Shooter
06-03-2021, 07:49 PM

Wrekt :lol

We win again bois

:hammertime:

Axe
06-03-2021, 07:52 PM
Jordan got hurt in 02' and didn't finish the season, otherwise they were the 4 seed

Then he was 40 in 03' but still got the 9 seed with better PER than Lebron got the next season
7500+

Until then

GOAT

AirBonner
06-03-2021, 07:53 PM
David Robinson a multiple time nba mvp candidate and arguably top 3 player in the 90’s didn’t win shit till young Duncan showed him the ropes. Weak era

ELITEpower23
06-03-2021, 09:17 PM

What an ether.

kentatm
06-03-2021, 10:41 PM

RIP Jerry Sloan :cry::bowdown:

3ba11
08-12-2021, 02:59 AM

so true

ultimately, lebron was 1-2 against popovich/duncan, while the jazz were 1-0 against popovich/duncan... and mj was 2-0 against those jazz...

8Ball
08-12-2021, 07:09 AM

Yikes

The more you analyze, the more lebron wins.

TheCorporation
08-12-2021, 09:36 AM
The more you analyze, the more lebron wins.

100% accurate. 3ball talks more, takes more losses.

ninjaseal
08-12-2021, 09:58 AM
yea but cp3 is better then stockton and so is nash right?

are those guys beating the 98 lakers? LOL

LOLOLOLOL

SO THIS POST MEANS STOCKTON > cp3 and nash

Elosha
08-12-2021, 10:46 AM
they demolished Shaq, Duncan and Hakeem in those playoffs, but couldn't beat MJ.

But yes - they were the only Finals opponent of the Bulls that arguably had less talent..

Every other Finals opponent had far more talent (far more scorers and better team defense)

(edit: the Sonics had the #2 defense and the Bulls' #1, while the Suns had #9 defense and Bulls #7)

You have a decent main point here, but you go overboard. The Bulls were known for individual and team defenses. Are you seriously saying that the Lakers and Portland had better team defense than those early Bull championships, aka the Dobermans? I'm older than you, and I know for sure that no one was talking about those teams as Western Conference shutdown teams, they were largely run and gun, even the Lakers in 91. Not saying those teams were bad defensively, but to put them in the same stratosphere as the Bulls? No way. The only Finals opponent that arguably had as good or better defense than the Bulls was the 96 Sonics. The Bulls were considered in many ways one of the best defenses in history, anchored of course by Jordan, Pippen, Grant, and then Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, and Harper. The rest of the role players were smart defensively as a team, even if some of them were a little slow afoot.

Charlie Sheen
08-12-2021, 12:06 PM

Otoh, some guys are talented but play a poor brand and are basically talent-based winners, aka Lebron or Shaq - that's why they have so many losses as favorites or with uber-talented teams..

and the losses are often sweeps or record blowouts, because one brand simply blows the doors off another brand

Teams that have played together and already know how to win in the playoffs have always been a roadblock for who's next. The only time I can remember no hard lessons to be learned was the big 3 Celtics

ZenMaster7210
08-12-2021, 02:33 PM

:roll::yaohappy::hammertime:

TheCorporation
08-12-2021, 02:44 PM
You have a decent main point here, but you go overboard. The Bulls were known for individual and team defenses. Are you seriously saying that the Lakers and Portland had better team defense than those early Bull championships, aka the Dobermans? I'm older than you, and I know for sure that no one was talking about those teams as Western Conference shutdown teams, they were largely run and gun, even the Lakers in 91. Not saying those teams were bad defensively, but to put them in the same stratosphere as the Bulls? No way. The only Finals opponent that arguably had as good or better defense than the Bulls was the 96 Sonics. The Bulls were considered in many ways one of the best defenses in history, anchored of course by Jordan, Pippen, Grant, and then Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, and Harper. The rest of the role players were smart defensively as a team, even if some of them were a little slow afoot.

I was wondering when 3ball would dust off this pathetic alt again :lol

72-10
08-12-2021, 11:02 PM
It's interesting because they're some of the greatest and most talented Basketball players, and they played the actual sport of Basketball instead of this racist hate group horseshit.

72-10
08-12-2021, 11:06 PM
yea but cp3 is better then stockton and so is nash right?

are those guys beating the 98 lakers? LOL

LOLOLOLOL

SO THIS POST MEANS STOCKTON > cp3 and nash

Stockton is greater than those other players.

ninjaseal
08-12-2021, 11:28 PM
Stockton is greater than those other players.

make a list of teams that can beat the 98 lakers, then lets compare pgs, and what teams werent listed and there pgs then compare the top 10 pg list

i bet john stockton doesnt even make top 5 in anyones list but yet the pgs that were listed in the top 5 categories teams arent beating the 98 lakers

john stockton is underrated in todays discussion on greatest pgs

what im trying to get at is , currys warriors beating shaq and kobe? isiah thomas's pistons beating shaq and kobe? is magic and kareem beating shaq and kobe?

stockton and malone beat shaq and kobe

stockton is a top 3 pg ever is the bottom line

magic (size iq) curry (shot) stockton (bball iq) isiah (speed)

do you think malone can stop giannis?

ninjaseal
08-12-2021, 11:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx6nLUFirDo

hey 2k nerds and the new era, THIS IS HOW YOU RUN POINTGUARD

kawhileonard2
08-13-2021, 12:08 AM
David Robinson a multiple time nba mvp candidate and arguably top 3 player in the 90’s didn’t win shit till young Duncan showed him the ropes. Weak era

Goes to show how tough the era was. Steph Curry, Dirk, Giannis wouldn't had won in the 90's either.

Vino24
08-13-2021, 12:35 AM
Goes to show how tough the era was. Steph Curry, Dirk, Giannis wouldn't had won in the 90's either.

Duncan arguably worse than kg, Dirk, Kobe ect was an instant champion in the 90’s. MJ was lucky he missed the generation after him

Elosha
08-14-2021, 08:38 AM
I was wondering when 3ball would dust off this pathetic alt again :lol

Dude you are a fu*king joke. I' m a 47 year old man, with a family, running my own business, and having a million other obligations and activities I have to participate in every day. In other words I have a life. I'm not on this forum regularly , other than to see and/or post on a thread that interests me here or there. Idiots like you waste half of their life here. I'm not 3Ball, you doofus.

I'm happy for Jeff or the other administrators confirm that my IP address is not 3Ball's and that I have no association whatsoever with that guy. Now go ahead and make whatever childish trolling response you want. I'm done with you.

ninjaseal
08-14-2021, 03:27 PM
make a list of teams that can beat the 98 lakers, then lets compare pgs, and what teams werent listed and there pgs then compare the top 10 pg list

i bet john stockton doesnt even make top 5 in anyones list but yet the pgs that were listed in the top 5 categories teams arent beating the 98 lakers

john stockton is underrated in todays discussion on greatest pgs

what im trying to get at is , currys warriors beating shaq and kobe? isiah thomas's pistons beating shaq and kobe? is magic and kareem beating shaq and kobe?

stockton and malone beat shaq and kobe

stockton is a top 3 pg ever is the bottom line

magic (size iq) curry (shot) stockton (bball iq) isiah (speed)

do you think malone can stop giannis?

notice how my post goes ignored LOL STOCKTON TOP 3 PG .... NO DISCUSSION

outofstomach
08-14-2021, 03:28 PM
Dude you are a fu*king joke. I' m a 47 year old man, with a family, running my own business, and having a million other obligations and activities I have to participate in every day. In other words I have a life. I'm not on this forum regularly , other than to see and/or post on a thread that interests me here or there. Idiots like you waste half of their life here. I'm not 3Ball, you doofus.

I'm happy for Jeff or the other administrators confirm that my IP address is not 3Ball's and that I have no association whatsoever with that guy. Now go ahead and make whatever childish trolling response you want. I'm done with you.
:lol

kawhileonard2
08-14-2021, 07:06 PM
Duncan arguably worse than kg, Dirk, Kobe ect was an instant champion in the 90’s. MJ was lucky he missed the generation after him

Duncan was never worse than those guys.

eliteballer
08-16-2021, 07:52 PM
Teamwork and execution always beats athleticism.

3ba11
11-21-2021, 02:23 AM
bump