05-20-2021, 07:58 PM
Definitely deserves it over Fresh n Fruity :facepalm:
What have you done lol

He’s coming!

tpols
05-20-2021, 08:01 PM
What have you done lol

He’s coming!

You would easily take Bam over draymond? Higher scoring ceiling, same defense.

RRR3
05-20-2021, 08:08 PM
You would easily take Bam over draymond? Higher scoring ceiling, same defense.
Yeah no shit. Bam is my favorite player in the league after LeBron.

Xiao Yao You
05-20-2021, 11:25 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-awards-why-ben-simmons-151803949.html

"I'm not knocking [Gobert]. He's great at what he brings to the table. I get that. But he's not more valuable on the defensive end, like Ben Simmons. I watched Ben Simmons this season take a tremendous sacrifice on the offensive end and let Joel Embiid do his thing, and you know what he said? 'I'm going to focus on defense.' And when you talk about one of the best defensive teams in the league, it's the Philadelphia 76ers, and it's led by this man Ben Simmons.

Jazz are #1 in defense and Gobert is the last line of D. He doesn't have Embiid protecting his back.

"He gets into you, he's able to switch one through five, he's an underrated shot blocker, he gets deflections, he shoots the passing lane, he gets steals. And most importantly I watched him in a game against the Dallas Mavericks, where he played against Luka, and I've never seen a guy guard Luka the way that Ben Simmons did. He picked him up full-court; Luka could not get his shot off because of [Simmons'] size, athleticism, and strength; he couldn't body him; he couldn't get to the basket. Luka struggled.

Gobert can switch and Luka didn't hit a shot in the paint last time against him.

"It's time to start showing the guard and forward some praise, because over the years the big man has been dominating and getting this award, and I think Ben Simmons is deserving of it."

6'10 guard :facepalm

Because, if you just look at what Gobert and Simmons bring individually, Simmons is simply more valuable on defense. He brings more to the table in terms of guarding any player on the floor successfully, which would seem to me to be the top evaluation of defensive value. Can he do one thing at an elite level (in Gobert's case, protect the paint)... or five things

Sixers could still be a great defensive team without Simmons because of Embiid. Jazz would suck. Gobert is their D

hold this L
05-20-2021, 11:29 PM
You don't have to be so damn sensitive Xiao, CC already has this in the bag based on early votes.

Stanley Kobrick
05-20-2021, 11:32 PM
draymond DPOY once again :cheers:

fsvr54
05-20-2021, 11:54 PM
Clint Capela and Nate McMillan not being here is highway robbery. Why even watch the NBA anymore

JohnMax
05-20-2021, 11:59 PM
fsvr54, who's the dude in your avatar and what's your connection to him?

Axe
05-21-2021, 05:08 AM
Lamelo exceeded expectations for someone who's supposed to be a bust

ArbitraryWater
05-21-2021, 05:30 AM
Clarkson or Rose

Xiao Yao You
05-21-2021, 05:50 AM
Clarkson or Rose

Ingles

imdaman99
05-21-2021, 10:51 AM
Jokic
Rudy
Edwards
Randle
Rose
Thibs

No bias :pimp:

HoopsNY
05-21-2021, 11:03 AM
Bam should be up there for DPOY.

Gohan
05-21-2021, 11:09 AM
Draymond shouldn’t be dpoy cause he too sorry on offense. It’s almost cheating. At least everyone else tries on the offensive end. Never seen a player as sorry as draymond at the game of basketball get so much credit