PDA

View Full Version : Better duo? MJ and Pip or Steph and Klay?

ELITEpower23
05-21-2021, 11:34 PM
Pip and MJ had 6 Finals. Klay and Steph had 5 Finals. MJ without Pippen never had a 1st round win. Curry without Klay never had a 1st round win (unless he pulls of a miracle in this play-in game which I doubt).

Both are good scorers (MJ and Curry) that needed others for grit and defense (Pippen and Klay). Both also set the record for most wins in a season. 72 in 1996 and then 73 in 2016. Very interesting similarities.

Bronbron23
05-22-2021, 12:18 AM
Anyone who says steph and klay should be suspended from ever talking ball

Shooter
05-22-2021, 02:12 AM
Anyone who says steph and klay should be suspended from ever talking ball

They both have similar careers. OP's onto something.

2much_knowledge
05-22-2021, 05:58 AM
Only similarities i see here is they don't abandon ship when things get tough

Shooter
05-22-2021, 08:59 AM
Only similarities i see here is they don't abandon ship when things get tough

MJ retired three times in 9 years :lol

:roll::roll:

Next

Bronbron23
05-22-2021, 10:40 AM
They both have similar careers. OP's onto something.

Only op is on is crack bruh

Mr.GOAT2408
05-22-2021, 05:49 PM
Steph and Klay as a duo would not have been anything special in the 90s (Klay would have a place for sure though), MJ/Pippen would be even more dominant in today's game

I get the comparison due to the similarities posted above, but it's missing some much needed context

warriorfan
05-22-2021, 05:53 PM
Wade > Klay and Pippen

Kyrie > Klay and Pippen

AD > Klay and Pippen

Shooter
05-22-2021, 05:56 PM
Wade > Klay and Pippen

Kyrie > Klay and Pippen

AD > Klay and Pippen

LeBron > All of them

LeBron > Curry

warriorfan
05-22-2021, 06:26 PM
LeBron > All of them

LeBron > Curry

Your deflection is an admission to the original point.

Hope you get over it sometime soon.

https://images.fatherly.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/laughing-jordan.jpg?q=65&enable=upscale&w=1200

Bronbron23
05-22-2021, 06:28 PM
Wade > Klay and Pippen

Kyrie > Klay and Pippen

AD > Klay and Pippen

Kyrie is not greater than klay and pip

warriorfan
05-22-2021, 06:31 PM
Kyrie is not greater than klay and pip

Kyries 2016 finals is greater than anything Klay and Pippen has ever done. He did it vs baby boy Klay as well.

Shooter
05-22-2021, 06:41 PM

https://images.fatherly.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/laughing-jordan.jpg?q=65&enable=upscale&w=1200

How was last night? :lol

Shooter
05-22-2021, 06:42 PM

And um, just so we're clear and you're a retard...

Bronbron23
05-22-2021, 07:20 PM
Kyries 2016 finals is greater than anything Klay and Pippen has ever done. He did it vs baby boy Klay as well.

That's debatable. He was better offensively than both but when you factor in defense which is half of the game it's pretty close.

And if we're using finals performances and stats solely as the measure of who's better than kd>curry confirmed.

You just lost an argument to yourself dummy:facepalm

Gohan
05-22-2021, 07:24 PM
what i dont get is why kyrie gets a pass when he misses every other game due to personal reasons. why cant jordan take off?

light
05-22-2021, 07:27 PM
Pip and MJ had 6 Finals. Klay and Steph had 5 Finals. MJ without Pippen never had a 1st round win. Curry without Klay never had a 1st round win (unless he pulls of a miracle in this play-in game which I doubt).

Both are good scorers (MJ and Curry) that needed others for grit and defense (Pippen and Klay). Both also set the record for most wins in a season. 72 in 1996 and then 73 in 2016. Very interesting similarities.

MJ and Pip win because they were great defenders whereas Steph plays Kyrie Irving level matador defense.

Bronbron23
05-22-2021, 07:37 PM
MJ and Pip win because they were great defenders whereas Steph plays Kyrie Irving level matador defense.

Yeah i don't get the logic. Mj and pip combined were as good of scorers but way better in the other half of the game which is defense. They also combined are better at passing and rebounding and of course winning. Steph and klay have no argument whatsoever

2much_knowledge
05-23-2021, 11:29 AM

Next

Learn to read. When things get tough. Its not tough being showered in champagne and celebrating

And1AllDay
05-23-2021, 12:05 PM

Next

thats as weak as it gets

mike is a weak azz fraud :oldlol::oldlol:

Axe
05-23-2021, 05:51 PM
what i dont get is why kyrie gets a pass when he misses every other game due to personal reasons. why cant jordan take off?
Iverson missed crucial shots as well

DJmicah
05-24-2021, 10:48 AM
OP you trippin. MJ and pippen were better rebounders passers defenders and were great scorers in addition to that. curry and klay can shoot better (due to this era they play in) and they can score better thats it. I'm taking the ALL AROUND better duo every time

Cold soul
05-24-2021, 01:20 PM
MJ and Pippen are easily the better duo. The only aspect of basketball Curry and Klay are better at his shooting that’s it outside of that as a duo they pale in comparison.

ImKobe
05-24-2021, 01:35 PM
Steph and Klay. Jordan is the GOAT, but Pippen is nowhere near Klay's level.

TheMan
05-24-2021, 02:23 PM

ISH ladies and gentlemen

:facepalm

tontoz
05-24-2021, 04:55 PM
OP you trippin. MJ and pippen were better rebounders passers defenders and were great scorers in addition to that. curry and klay can shoot better (due to this era they play in) and they can score better thats it. I'm taking the ALL AROUND better duo every time

While i agree that MJ an Pippen were easily the better duo Pippen was in no way a great scorer. He was a weak shooter from everywhere except right at the rim.

Bronbron23
05-24-2021, 05:37 PM
While i agree that MJ an Pippen were easily the better duo Pippen was in no way a great scorer. He was a weak shooter from everywhere except right at the rim.

He was ok in the mid and i feel like he got better at threes latter in his career after the bulls when threes started increasing. Overall i'd say he was a good scorer and playmaker but a atg defender. The gap between him and klay defensively was bigger than the gap between them offensively in klays favour.

tontoz
05-24-2021, 05:54 PM
He was ok in the mid and i feel like he got better at threes latter in his career after the bulls when threes started increasing. Overall i'd say he was a good scorer and playmaker but a atg defender. The gap between him and klay defensively was bigger than the gap between them offensively in klays favour.

His career TS is 53.6% on 16.6 ppg. That is pretty weak for a guy who was a strong finisher inside.

Even for that time his efficiency was weak. He struggled from the foul line as well.

LeCola
05-24-2021, 06:12 PM
Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker.

Bronbron23
05-24-2021, 06:16 PM
His career TS is 53.6% on 16.6 ppg. That is pretty weak for a guy who was a strong finisher inside.

Even for that time his efficiency was weak. He struggled from the foul line as well.

Yeah but he started slow and played till he was older and broke down a bit. In his prime he was almost as good as klay acoring wise. Klay on a one gamw basis had more potential to have crazy scoring performances but pip was probably a bit more consistent and relied less on others to get him open.

I agree pio wasn't a world beater offensively though.he was stiff and had a limited bag. His athleticism and length is what made him decent.

Chick Stern
05-25-2021, 12:21 AM

Jordan not the goat. A quitter is not the goat.

And1AllDay
05-25-2021, 12:33 AM

:applause:

looks like both of the small scorers mike and curyr both needed a defense mind teammate to carry the work and win games not just shoot points