PDA

View Full Version : The Warriors did make the playoffs. New format is BOGUS.

Walk on Water
05-22-2021, 12:39 AM
The Warriors already made the 8th seed. I don't care what the silly play-in says. The Grizzlies were the 9th seed and only get in due to the play-in. They didn't make the playoffs traditionally and the Warriors DID. Curry is the real MVP too. He had absolutely no help.

I guess Adam Silver likes losing money due to these silly rules. There's no such thing as a play-in. They did this because it's still a covid season. Not professional. We BELIEVE!!!!!

RRR3
05-22-2021, 12:39 AM
I actually agree but people are gonna troll you.

Airupthere
05-22-2021, 12:43 AM
Never been a fan of curry and ja morant to me is an exciting young player but I do think that play in was not fair to the 7-8th seeds.

Full Court
05-22-2021, 12:52 AM
I don't like the Warriors, and I find it hilarious that they're not even in the playoffs.....but with that said, I think the play ins are idiotic, and I hope they go away.

The only intelligent thing Lebron ever said was that whoever came up with that idea should be fired.

Spurs m8
05-22-2021, 12:53 AM
I don't like the Warriors, and I find it hilarious that they're not even in the playoffs.....but with that said, I think the play ins are idiotic, and I hope they go away.

The only intelligent thing Lebron ever said was that whoever came up with that idea should be fired.

Lebron liked it when it didn't involve him

light
05-22-2021, 12:57 AM
The Warriors already made the 8th seed. I don't care what the silly play-in says. The Grizzlies were the 9th seed and only get in due to the play-in. They didn't make the playoffs traditionally and the Warriors DID. Curry is the real MVP too. He had absolutely no help.

I guess Adam Silver likes losing money due to these silly rules. There's no such thing as a play-in. They did this because it's still a covid season. Not professional. We BELIEVE!!!!!

In 2021 "the 8th seed" is the 6th seed. Every spot from 7th to 10th = play in. Everyone knew that going in.

Sorry bro. Maybe next time Curry will come through for you.

PWB15
05-22-2021, 12:58 AM
They have another game............PLAYOUT GAME vs Spurs in the park on Monday

jlip
05-22-2021, 01:01 AM
I actually agree but people are gonna troll you.

This.

While Curry has obviously already experienced championship success multiple times, this somewhat reminds me of T-Mac. In 2003, T-Mac was certain that he was finally about to get past the first round having the Pistons down 3-1. Truthfully, before that season, the series would have been over, as prior to 2003 the first round was a best of 5, but that was the first season that it had just become a best of 7.

kawhileonard2
05-22-2021, 01:03 AM
Only makes sense if the seeds have the same records and or tied the season series.

Bronbron23
05-22-2021, 08:34 AM

I disagree with the mvp shit but agree with your playoff take. Play in is definitely dumb and the playoffs would of been more interesting with steoh and Warriors in it even though they woukd of lost first round.

tpols
05-22-2021, 08:41 AM
Yup. Play in stuff is bullshit. Now we have a shitty Grizzlies team in the playoffs that nobody is gonna watch. I cant think of a more boring matchup than jazz grizz. Will make a good sleep aid if nothing else.

k0kakw0rld
05-22-2021, 08:42 AM

No one gives a shit about Curry and the Warriors.
He is gone fishing, beaten by a 21 year old phenom.

Blazers are 6th and if Lillard who played without McCollum and Nurkic most of the season isn't considered a MVP candidate, Curry shouldn't either.

Bronbron23
05-22-2021, 08:44 AM
Yup. Play in stuff is bullshit. Now we have a shitty Grizzlies team in the playoffs that nobody is gonna watch. I cant think of a more boring matchup than jazz grizz. Will make a good sleep aid if nothing else.

Yeah can't disagree with that and i like ja. As much as i disagree you with on steph's impact at times he's definitely one of the most exciting players ever to watch. Steph in the playoffs makes the playoffs way better

k0kakw0rld
05-22-2021, 08:46 AM
If the Warriors lose to the Memphis how does that make the Warriors a better team if the Memphis have a shitty basketball team?

They are young and play fast.

I am more excited to see Ja vs Mitchell
Brooks vs Conley/Clarkson

Grizzlies are the best team in transaction. They play at a fast pace and they got dogs in them. Warriors are led by a guy who wouldn't scare a fly, in Steph Curry. He has literally 0 dog in him, If he did then he would be a "poor little puppy"

Rysio
05-22-2021, 09:00 AM
Agreed its stupid. Anything can happen in 1 game if they make it 3 game series it might be legit.

Stanley Kobrick
05-22-2021, 09:01 AM
it's everyone elses fault stephen curry can't hoist his team above 8th seed or beat Ja Morant with HCA :(

r0drig0lac
05-22-2021, 09:15 AM
lol no

insight
05-22-2021, 09:20 AM
Agreed its stupid. Anything can happen in 1 game if they make it 3 game series it might be legit.

ALTERNATIVE FACTS! Golden State had TWO games to get it done and they choked. They loss because they committed silly turn overs and nobody else on Golden State stepped up when Curry was double and triple teamed.
Stop blaming the format for than, the cream rises to the top, this was not Golden States year.

Shooter
05-22-2021, 09:31 AM
it's everyone elses fault stephen curry can't hoist his team above 8th seed or beat Ja Morant with HCA :(

Curry and MJ look the same without their Pippen

Bunch of 30-win seasons, scoring titles, and 1st round exits :(

mehyaM24
05-22-2021, 09:57 AM
ALTERNATIVE FACTS! Golden State had TWO games to get it done and they choked. They loss because they committed silly turn overs and nobody else on Golden State stepped up when Curry was double and triple teamed.
Stop blaming the format for than, the cream rises to the top, this was not Golden States year.

nah you're not getting it. golden state had to face the defending champs while memphis matched up with the spurs lol. if the bracket were reversed, golden state would've already been in the playoffs. their turnovers cost them last night, though, so i agree there.

RogueBorg
05-22-2021, 09:58 AM
The playoffs start today. This was on ESPN

Ja Morant, Memphis Grizzlies into NBA playoffs after ousting Golden State Warriors in overtime

tontoz
05-22-2021, 10:05 AM
I wanted the Warriors to win but lets be real they could have won either game with fewer careless turnovers. They had 41 turnovers in the two games.

Mr. Woke
05-22-2021, 10:35 AM
Lol at the salty Warriors fans ITT.

TAZORAC
05-22-2021, 10:36 PM
I thought the PLAY-IN was just because it was a 72 game season, didn't know the PLAY-IN was a new format.

I don't know who came up with it and WHY

Mr.GOAT2408
05-23-2021, 01:27 AM
Not a fan of the play-in format but the reason they even had a chance was BECAUSE of the play-in format, their season would have been done and over with in March under previous format, they would not have tried as hard as they did in the last month or two otherwise

SATAN
05-23-2021, 03:50 AM
Why has no one mentioned the fact that Green could have won this game? Dude completely panicked and his "lay up" went straight off the backboard, didn't even hit the ring or anything. The defense wasn't really anything crazy either. :biggums:

Axe
05-23-2021, 04:26 AM
I wanted the Warriors to win but lets be real they could have won either game with fewer careless turnovers. They had 41 turnovers in the two games.
Meanwhile, the wizards with a worse roster than the warriors got the 8th seed to finish 34-38 after a crazy run and won the losers bracket against the pacers after losing the 7th to the celtics.

Walk on Water
05-23-2021, 04:28 AM
The playoffs start today. This was on ESPN

Ja Morant, Memphis Grizzlies into NBA playoffs after ousting Golden State Warriors in overtime

Warriors were 8th seed. Grizzlies 9th seed, they just stole their spot artificially. Warriors beat the Grizzlies, too, to get that 8th spot. Grizzlies were in all actuality disqualified from the playoffs because of the Warriors.

Axe
05-23-2021, 04:29 AM
Warriors were 8th seed. Grizzlies 9th seed, they just stole their spot artificially.
0-2

Walk on Water
05-23-2021, 04:30 AM
0-2

Yea if they didn't have to play the Lakers, they wouldn't have been too worn out to beat the Grizzlies.

Axe
05-23-2021, 04:33 AM
Yea if they didn't have to play the Lakers, they wouldn't have been too worn out to beat the Grizzlies.
Reasons :(