PDA

View Full Version : Rose makes passionate Instagram post (smarter than you'd think)

ArbitraryWater
05-22-2021, 04:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E18IC2iWEAEpJU0?format=jpg&name=large

At first I thought his point was that people are too quick to call anything vintage, obvlivious to the fact that said individual is generally back / good again....

but by the end I wasn't so sure anymore.

PeroAntic
05-22-2021, 04:39 PM
Rose fans have been saying this for years now. Just because he doesn't play in the same style, doesn't mean hes not effective or good.

pandiani17
05-22-2021, 04:45 PM
D-Rose is not as good as his heyday in 2011, but he is still a great player. However, he also had some poor seasons from 2015 to 2018 IIRC.

ArbitraryWater
05-22-2021, 04:48 PM
D-Rose is not as good as his heyday in 2011, but he is still a great player. However, he also had some poor seasons from 2015 to 2018 IIRC.

oh yeah he was trash in that time span

PeroAntic
05-22-2021, 05:04 PM
You cant be great, then thrash, than great again. he was always great, it was context (bad coaching, injuries etc.) and also adapting to the new analytics/efficiency based game.

ArbitraryWater
05-22-2021, 05:13 PM
You cant be great, then thrash, than great again. he was always great, it was context (bad coaching, injuries etc.) and also adapting to the new analytics/efficiency based game.

ofc u can lol

Greatness isnt a given

You arent guaranteed greatness just because you once were

it took Rose a while to adjust and become an efficient player again after his loss of speed and inexistent J phase

FultzNationRISE
05-22-2021, 05:19 PM
ofc u can lol

Greatness isnt a given

You arent guaranteed greatness just because you once were

it took Rose a while to adjust and become an efficient player again after his loss of speed and inexistent J phase

I think arguably it was even more about the mental recovery from the things Lebron did to him in the playoffs.

That had to leave some heavy, heavy scarring...

fsvr54
05-22-2021, 05:41 PM
Dude can barely type. I'm pretty sure that took him at least 3 hours.

warriorfan
05-22-2021, 05:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E18IC2iWEAEpJU0?format=jpg&name=large

At first I thought his point was that people are too quick to call anything vintage, obvlivious to the fact that said individual is generally back / good again....

but by the end I wasn't so sure anymore.

A glimpse into how much work he has had to put in in order to stay in the league. That does deserve respect.

PeroAntic
05-22-2021, 06:57 PM
Hes still fast AF and his midrange game was always money. But he improved his decision making a lot, he plays more cerebral, controlled and unselfish now. Also improved his three point shooting but a lot of it is just shot selection, he used to pull up most of the time and only rarely spot up, now its the opposite.

Shooter
05-22-2021, 07:18 PM
I think arguably it was even more about the mental recovery from the things Lebron did to him in the playoffs.

That had to leave some heavy, heavy scarring...

100%

2010. Then 2011. Then 2015? Three brutal massacres.

light
05-22-2021, 07:33 PM
Wow. Rose is still self absorbed. He also still struggles to spell simple words like deserve.