PDA

View Full Version : Highest Rated and Lowest Rated Finals Games and Series NBA History

kawhileonard2
05-22-2021, 07:42 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Finals_television_ratings#:~:text=The%20lowest %20rated%20and%20least,rating%20and%205.94%20milli on%20viewers.

Highest rated
1998 Game 6 – 22.3
1988 Game 7 – 21.69
1993 Game 6 – 20.3

Lowest rated
2020 Game 3 – 3.1
2020 Game 2 – 3.6
2020 Game 1 – 4.1

Most watched
1998 Game 6 – 35.89 million
1993 Game 6 – 32.10 million
2016 Game 7 – 31.02 million

Least watched
2020 Game 3 – 5.94 million
2020 Game 2 – 6.61 million
2020 Game 1 – 7.41 million

Once you go to Key to Colors you see the 2020 Finals had the worst ratings for each game ever in the NBA Finals.

https://www.outkick.com/nba-finals-ratings-were-officially-the-lowest-in-modern-history/

NBA FINALS RATINGS WERE OFFICIALLY THE LOWEST IN MODERN HISTORY

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-finals-ratings-viewership-history/

1987_Lakers
05-22-2021, 08:30 PM
Lol @ this poor attempt to deflect the Kwahi choke we just saw.

kawhileonard2
05-22-2021, 09:03 PM

Huh?? This is a different topic my man.

tpols
05-22-2021, 09:07 PM
The 2020 Finals were about as viewed as a women's NCAA championship game. lmao... A +6000 team that is currently a 1st round exit made the Finals last year.

Spurs m8
05-22-2021, 09:25 PM
The 2020 Finals were about as viewed as a women's NCAA championship game. lmao... A +6000 team that is currently a 1st round exit made the Finals last year.

No one was impressed by the mickey mouse ring

Kblaze8855
05-22-2021, 09:28 PM
Also lowest rated Stanley cup finals, World Series, Kentucky derby, and Daytona 500 too. Super Bowl lucky they had such a good matchup or they likely would have as well.

Ratings are dead at this point. We gonna just keep on harping on declining ratings forever as people stop watching tv traditionally? And with the safety shit on top of it? None of it is even worth mentioning.

Ratings will never get back to old days even under normal circumstances.

The most watched basketball game ever is still Magic/Bird in college. A few years after that an episode of Mash had 122 million viewers.

You can’t get the viewership of previous decades in this era even without the pandemic. I don’t know why some people can’t let it go. Damn near everything on broadcast TV 25-50 years ago got better ratings than its modern equivalent unless it was a sport in its infancy.

We gonna keep updating the worst ratings forever as if anything could top the days of no other options?

Might as well divide it up before and after the internet.

The good years now will only beat the other modern years.

Nobody is ****ing with ratings from the old days no matter what.

SouBeachTalents
05-22-2021, 09:32 PM
Kawhi’s lost 4 straight playoff games to chubby Europeans

FultzNationRISE
05-22-2021, 09:35 PM
Also lowest rated Stanley cup finals, World Series, Kentucky derby, and Daytona 500 too. Super Bowl lucky they had such a good matchup or they likely would have as well.

Ratings are dead at this point. We gonna just keep on harping on declining ratings forever as people stop watching tv traditionally? And with the safety shit on top of it? None of it is even worth mentioning.

Ratings will never get back to old days even under normal circumstances.

The most watched basketball game ever is still Magic/Bird in college. A few years after that an episode of Mash had 122 million viewers.

You can’t get the viewership of previous decades in this era even without the pandemic. I don’t know why some people can’t let it go. Damn near everything on broadcast TV 25-50 years ago got better ratings than its modern equivalent unless it was a sport in its infancy.

We gonna keep updating the worst ratings forever as if anything could top the days of no other options?

Might as well divide it up before and after the internet.

The good years now will only beat the other modern years.

Nobody is ****ing with ratings from the old days no matter what.

You ready to admit wokeness is a big part of it regardless?

Plenty of data from direct polling indicates it’s a disproportionate factor, and is heavily exacerbating the trends youve reference like chord cutting etc. People have turned off sports in general, not just the NBA, bc of political sermonizing. 34% of people said they watched less sports because of it.

Not “Well, I watched, but I streamed it instead of watching on cable.”

34% of the public, turned off sports due to excessive propaganda. People who were watching it, stopped watching it, in any form or fashion.

That is a HUUUUUGE number.

You ready to admit it?

You and GOBB?

Ready to acknowledge?

Kblaze8855
05-22-2021, 09:59 PM
Little more than bending an obvious reality of forever declining ratings to suit a political stance because people can’t bare to separate their politics from everything else. Hilariously even while complaining about politics encroaching onto other things. Most sports fans are doing the same shit you are. Talking about turning off sports due to wokeness while obviously watching it. If you were in a poll no doubt you claim you turn off the nba due to wokeness then sit your ass down and watch Lebron and come here to talk about it. You’d just lie on the poll.

Im sure some people are honest but mostly extremely casual fans who aren’t reliable to begin with. No noteworthy number of people are running from woke horses on tv.

No issue other than the changing times is even worth taking about. That’s how you go from Johnny Carson doing 25 million a night to Colbert and Fallon having record nights of 10. Record low ratings aren’t worth reporting in comparison to the old days. The only question is how far the numbers drop before they stabilize. We sure as hell won’t know during the “pandemic”.

If it continues the way it has all “wokeness” can vanish and ratings keep getting worse. Won’t mean people pine for the good old woke days. It will mean nothing at all.

FultzNationRISE
05-22-2021, 10:13 PM
Little more than bending an obvious reality of forever declining ratings to suit a political stance because people can’t bare to separate their politics from everything else. Hilariously even while complaining about politics encroaching onto other things. Most sports fans are doing the same shit you are. Talking about turning off sports due to wokeness while obviously watching it. If you were in a poll no doubt you claim you turn off the nba due to wokeness then sit your ass down and watch Lebron and come here to talk about it. You’d just lie on the poll.

Im sure some people are honest but mostly extremely casual fans who aren’t reliable to begin with. No noteworthy number of people are running from woke horses on tv.

No issue other than the changing times is even worth taking about. That’s how you go from Johnny Carson doing 25 million a night to Colbert and Fallon having record nights of 10. Record low ratings aren’t worth reporting in comparison to the old days. The only question is how far the numbers drop before they stabilize. We sure as hell won’t know during the “pandemic”.

If it continues the way it has all “wokeness” can vanish and ratings keep getting worse. Won’t mean people pine for the good old woke days. It will mean nothing at all.

I legit didnt watch the playoffs last season nor one game all year this season (except for the Lakers recent play-in game because the ISH circumstances made it too delicious to pass up.)

I actually have stopped watching sports, and it genuinely is because Im not tryin to hear the nonsense. And ALL the evidence shows Im not alone.

That revenue loss isnt a joke. And youre wrong about the streaming issue making everything else moot. You can still make money off jersey advertisements, court logos, sponsorships, partnerships. It doesnt matter how people watch as long as theyre watching.

If theyre NOT watching, it’ll eventually be a problem. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow... but someday.

I mean to deny the obvious impact... I just dont get it. What’s the point in denying it? Thats what I dont get.

Kblaze8855
05-22-2021, 10:22 PM
Sure you haven’t. The Lebron maniac forever talking specific details of his performances hasn’t watched a game.

Like I said....a lot of people will just lie for political allegiances. Let Trump hold a rally in Dallas and ask the people if they’re sick of wokenesss in sports....you get a 99% positive result. Then have Dallas make the Super Bowl and see how many men at that rally watch their team in it. The talk will never match the action.

And you can forget the revenue decline long term. That isn’t how any of this works. Baseball went from the most popular thing in America to an afterthought but they still make more money than they ever did. It’s why they laugh off suggestions baseball is dying.

Whatever hardship you’re waiting to befall the nba and nfl simply isn’t coming and a blip from a shitty sports covid era won’t matter. I’ve barely watched myself lately. It’s just a worse product like this. But it won’t last.

These leagues have all hit too big to fail points. It would take something a lot worse than we have seen.

FultzNationRISE
05-22-2021, 10:29 PM
Sure you haven’t. The Lebron maniac forever talking specific details of his performances hasn’t watched a game.

Like I said....a lot of people will just lie for political allegiances. Let Trump hold a rally in Dallas and ask the people if they’re sick of wokenesss in sports....you get a 99% positive result. Then have Dallas make the Super Bowl and see how many men at that rally watch their team in it. The talk will never match the action.

And you can forget the revenue decline long term. That isn’t how any of this works. Baseball went from the most popular thing in America to an afterthought but they still make more money than they ever did. It’s why they laugh off suggestions baseball is dying.

Whatever hardship you’re waiting to befall the nba and nfl simply isn’t coming.

Well for one thing Im not “prayin on their downfall” biggie style or anything. Ive made my viewing adjustments and Im not on here complaining about their woke policies every day, cuz Im not seeing it anyway and it doesnt affect me. But it HAS been a factor on ratings. Thats all Im saying. I simply dont understand denying that.

And youre right that if there’s a game I really wanna see for a particular reason, Ill still watch it. But I absolutely, no QUESTION watch less than I did before, and Im far less inclined (basically disinclined) to casually tune into a game I didnt specifically mark on my calendar, as I would have in the past.

Thats tangible. And when 34% of the sports viewing public reacts that way.. it would seem to be a factor. I suppose the next CBA will tell the story. But Im guessing it will be a factor.

Kblaze8855
05-22-2021, 11:12 PM
You will never have a true answer from a poll when people answer based on political alliances no matter what they actually do. As I said you and many like you would happily report not watching sports if you got lucky enough to answer a phone call for a poll if only to feel you voiced your sides opinion. Then Lebrons playing and you need to troll so you watch anyway.

As polarized as America is now people find a way to take a political side on every issue.

On shit like this? Comparing 80s ratings to modern? Whatever number of woke haters aren’t lying about it actually keeping them from watching are negligible compared to the real reason the ratings are so different.

”Wokeness” isn’t a blip compared to the changing of life in general and media changes that came with it. Yet every time....”Look at ratings from *insert year before high speed internet*”.

PBS used to get better ratings for sesame street than world series games do now.

Hate on modern leagues all you like. Shit ratings compared to the past is just a dumb way of doing it.

FultzNationRISE
05-22-2021, 11:29 PM
You will never have a true answer from a poll when people answer based on political alliances no matter what they actually do. As I said you and many like you would happily report not watching sports if you got lucky enough to answer a phone call for a poll if only to feel you voiced your sides opinion. Then Lebrons playing and you need to troll so you watch anyway.

As polarized as America is now people find a way to take a political side on every issue.

On shit like this? Comparing 80s ratings to modern? Whatever number of woke haters aren’t lying about it actually keeping them from watching are negligible compared to the real reason the ratings are so different.

”Wokeness” isn’t a blip compared to the changing of life in general and media changes that came with it. Yet every time....”Look at ratings from *insert year before high speed internet*”.

PBS used to get better ratings for sesame street than world series games do now.

Hate on modern leagues all you like. Shit ratings compared to the past is just a dumb way of doing it.

Regardless of what you think people tell pollsters and why, I am telling you FACTUALLY I watch far less sports because of the agendas, and factually many Americans are doing the same. As I mentioned here before, a middle aged Asian American woman driving my Lyft in Las Vegas last summer told me she quit on the NFL for the same reasons after watching it all her adult life. And I didnt ask her about it, SHE brought it up.

You HONESTLY think she made that up just to randomly tell a lie to a stranger?

A lot less people are watching. And it isnt about streaming and chord cutting. They arent WATCHING.

Deny it all you want. Thats up to you. I understand your point it’s not the main factor in the OPs comparison. But it’s a general fact. Too much wokeness has cost the league viewership. TANGIBLY.

kawhileonard2
05-23-2021, 11:08 PM
Regardless of what you think people tell pollsters and why, I am telling you FACTUALLY I watch far less sports because of the agendas, and factually many Americans are doing the same. As I mentioned here before, a middle aged Asian American woman driving my Lyft in Las Vegas last summer told me she quit on the NFL for the same reasons after watching it all her adult life. And I didnt ask her about it, SHE brought it up.

You HONESTLY think she made that up just to randomly tell a lie to a stranger?

A lot less people are watching. And it isnt about streaming and chord cutting. They arent WATCHING.

Deny it all you want. Thats up to you. I understand your point it’s not the main factor in the OPs comparison. But it’s a general fact. Too much wokeness has cost the league viewership. TANGIBLY.

They stopped watching once America won bronze medals but then the NBA gives those same stars all the calls in the league. If officiated fairly, many would be role players.

And1AllDay
05-23-2021, 11:20 PM

gottem :oldlol::roll::roll:

Bronbron23
05-24-2021, 01:53 PM
Fans of this era remind me of people who still think global warming isn't real. They'd rather let the world get destroyed than admit they're wrong.

Bawkish
05-24-2021, 10:28 PM
Fans of this era remind me of people who still think global warming isn't real. They'd rather let the world get destroyed than admit they're wrong.

There's no such thing as mankind destroying the world

It's just us destroying ourselves