PDA

View Full Version : If the NBA ended today, how many active players would make the Hall of Fame?

Anfernee
05-22-2021, 11:44 PM
Who did I miss?

Definite
LeBron
Durant
Harden
Giannis
Westbrook
Chris Paul
Kawhi
Dwight Howard
Carmelo
Curry

Strong Possibles
Kyle Lowry
Anthony Davis
Draymon Green
Klay Thompson

In the conversation
Kyrie
Jokic
Rondo
Damian Lillard
Andre Iguodala

FultzNationRISE
05-23-2021, 12:45 AM
Who did I miss?

Definite
LeBron
Durant
Harden
Giannis
Westbrook
Chris Paul
Kawhi
Dwight Howard
Carmelo
Curry

Strong Possibles
Kyle Lowry
Anthony Davis
Draymon Green
Klay Thompson

In the conversation
Kyrie
Jokic
Rondo
Damian Lillard
Andre Iguodala

I understand Giannis has a regular season MVP, but you really think he’s a definite??

Are you saying you think the voters would def put him in, or you think he def deserves to be in? Or both?

I dunno about the voters but hes not a HOFer at this point to me.

tresbigdog
05-23-2021, 02:34 AM
no D-Rose?

Sulico
05-23-2021, 02:39 AM
I understand Giannis has a regular season MVP, but you really think he’s a definite??

Are you saying you think the voters would def put him in, or you think he def deserves to be in? Or both?

That's because you are lunatic.

Who did I miss?

Definite
LeBron
Durant
Harden
Giannis
Westbrook
Chris Paul
Kawhi
Dwight Howard
Carmelo
Curry

Strong Possibles
Kyle Lowry
Anthony Davis
Draymon Green
Klay Thompson

In the conversation
Kyrie
Jokic
Rondo
Damian Lillard
Andre Iguodala

AD is a lock too. He's got insane statistical seasons and a chip, combination that gets to the hall every time.

tresbigdog
05-23-2021, 02:45 AM
Paul Milsap? He has the numbers, just never got the chip

ImKobe
05-23-2021, 02:45 AM

Of course Giannis is a 100% lock. 5x All-Star, about to be 5x All-NBA, DPOY + 2 MVPs is more than enough when players like Mitch Richmond are in it. Tracy McGrady is a HOFer and he had a short prime with no Playoff series wins.

Iguodala is the only player on OP's list who might not make it.

RRR3
05-23-2021, 03:03 AM
Everyone on that list will make it besides Iguodala.

nayte
05-23-2021, 03:33 AM
I go with this but he has one of the most talked about fmvps in a while. You don't think that will help his case?

LAmbruh
05-23-2021, 03:47 AM
Iggy is a HOF'r

RRR3
05-23-2021, 03:50 AM
Iggy is a HOF'r
One time allstar, very unlikely.

iamgine
05-23-2021, 03:57 AM
MVP is a very high bar. I'd be okay with anyone winning even 1 MVP making HOF. Plenty of HOFers never even close to reaching MVP level.

Anfernee
05-23-2021, 07:10 AM
no D-Rose?

If his season ended today, I don't think he would make it. Although anyone who got to see him play live in his prime would vote him in.

AD is a lock too. He's got insane statistical seasons and a chip, combination that gets to the hall every time.

That's true.

Paul Milsap? He has the numbers, just never got the chip

Does he have the numbers? I don' t think he's top 20 all time in any category.

Of course Giannis is a 100% lock. 5x All-Star, about to be 5x All-NBA, DPOY + 2 MVPs is more than enough when players like Mitch Richmond are in it. Tracy McGrady is a HOFer and he had a short prime with no Playoff series wins.

Iguodala is the only player on OP's list who might not make it.

:applause: Any player who was won both an MVP and Defensive Player of the Year is a lock to me. Especially if they did it in the same season. The last player to do it before him was Olajuwon in 1994.

Iguodala has a case. For people who watch the games beyond stats, it's clear his actual impact on the games and his teams. He was a big key in those Warrior teams, and has been to 6 consecutive finals and won 3 rings. There is a reason he was chosen for FMVP over Curry, Klay and Draymond.

MVP is a very high bar. I'd be okay with anyone winning even 1 MVP making HOF. Plenty of HOFers never even close to reaching MVP level.

I would agree with this.

getting_old
05-23-2021, 12:41 PM

doesn't everyone make it to this hall that is remotely considerable?