PDA

View Full Version : The game is so much better with Physicality

Bronbron23
05-23-2021, 07:49 PM
Playoffs have been pretty physical so far and refs for the most part are letting shit go. Scores are down and scoring is more difficult but it's way better to watch than the regular season b.s.

It also destroys this notion that players and teams today score so much because they're just more skilled.

Spurs m8
05-23-2021, 08:03 PM
Yep, most games back to what scores should be...which overall creates better basketball...

Cold soul
05-23-2021, 09:00 PM
No doubt about it another reason why more fans watch during the playoffs the refs let the players play more without blowing the whistle. The physicality of the game makes it so much better to watch.

highwhey
05-23-2021, 09:05 PM
they should allow physicality against the refs after seeing the massive discrepancy in that suns v lakers. it was blatantly officiated to aid the lakers. https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/yeshrug.png

tontoz
05-23-2021, 09:07 PM
Refs had a pretty quick whistle in the sixers wizards game. Fans of both teams were complaining about it.

kentatm
05-23-2021, 09:11 PM
blatantly officiated to aid the lakers.

water is wet

ClipperRevival
05-23-2021, 09:17 PM
Was nothing like watching NBA on NBC with that theme music and seeing the Bulls play the Knicks and seeing each team trying to knock the sh*t out of each other. Today is the peak of softness. But like OP said, at least playoff bball somewhat resembles legit bball.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-23-2021, 09:32 PM
This why regular seasons ratings are at an all time low.

More rules to favor offensive players and shooters while trying to ban defense and nikkas aint tryna watch rec league ball.

kentatm
05-23-2021, 09:35 PM
This why regular seasons ratings are at an all time low.

They need to get all their playoff games and a lot more regular season games on network TV. Putting nearly all regular season and most of the playoffs on cable creates an out of site out of mind problem with casual fans. It's even worse now with all the cord cutting.

TheCorporation
05-23-2021, 09:35 PM
Another reason why no one cares about Iverson / Jordan / Curry scoring titles.

PLAYOFF POINTS

Look up the leader :pimp:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-23-2021, 09:36 PM
They need to get all their playoff games and a lot more regular season games on network TV. Putting nearly all regular season and most of the playoffs on cable creates an out of site out of mind problem with casual fans. It's even worse now with all the cord cutting.

Silver wants to do a mid-season tourney now too after the ratings of the play in games.

Even the Spurs Grizz game was one of the 10 most viewed games of the season :oldlol:

Axe
05-23-2021, 09:40 PM
Just remove flagrant fouls and we're good to go

ClipperRevival
05-23-2021, 09:42 PM

PLAYOFF POINTS

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/fgx_career_p.html

:pimp:

TheCorporation
05-23-2021, 09:44 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/fgx_career_p.html

:pimp:

1. LBJ (7,491)

~GAP

2. MJ (5,987)
3. KAJ (5,762)
3. KOBE (5,640)
5. SHAQ (5,250)

:hammertime::hammertime:

Bronbron23
05-23-2021, 09:45 PM

PLAYOFF POINTS

Nah most people care about scoring titles and scoring average buddy. It's just you and the 6 or 7 bron stans on here that don't

Airupthere
05-23-2021, 09:46 PM
Nba now is too brutal! Did you see cp3s dirty play on lebron? Lol

Axe
05-23-2021, 09:46 PM
Nah most people care about scoring titles and scoring average buddy. It's just you and the 6 or 7 bron stans on here that don't
Funny how 3ball loathes on curry after he won another scoring title

ClipperRevival
05-23-2021, 09:47 PM

Nah, I would rather bat. 300 for 15 seasons than bat .350 for 12 seasons. Or rush for 1,000 years over 10 seasons than 1,500 years for 7 seasons.

LeLowerStandards

TheCorporation
05-23-2021, 09:48 PM
Nah, I would rather bat. 300 for 15 seasons than bat .350 for 12 seasons. Or rush for 1,000 years over 10 seasons than 1,500 years for 7 seasons.

LeLowerStandards

Regular season warrior :lol A taller Allen Iverson

We saw all those 1st round failures :roll:

TheCorporation
05-23-2021, 09:48 PM
1. LBJ (7,491)

~GAP

2. MJ (5,987)
3. KAJ (5,762)
3. KOBE (5,640)
5. SHAQ (5,250)

3ball/Clippers Revival?

Bronbron23
05-23-2021, 10:15 PM

LeLowerStandards

I wouldn't. The latter is clearly the better player. Especially if he's gonna win almost twice as much in significantly less time.

The problem with yall bron stans falling on longevity and trying to change the narrative to totals over averages is that you have to apply that to everything. So it means bron is gonna have the most misses ever which means he's the most inefficient player ever because he misses more than anyone. It also means he'll be the greatest loser ever because he'll have the most loses. You can't have it both ways.

Bronbron23
05-23-2021, 10:16 PM
Funny how 3ball loathes on curry after he won another scoring title

Well 3ball loathes on anyone not named mj so what do you do

ClipperRevival
05-23-2021, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't. The latter is clearly the better player. Especially if he's gonna win almost twice as much in significantly less time.

The problem with yall bron stans falling on longevity and trying to change the narrative to totals over averages is that you have to apply that to everything. So it means bron is gonna have the most misses ever which means he's the most inefficient player ever because he misses more than anyone. It also means he'll be the greatest loser ever because he'll have the most loses. You can't have it both ways.

I think you missed my sarcasm. Of course what you said is 100% correct. Anyone with a brain would agree. It's common sense stuff.

Bronbron23
05-23-2021, 10:26 PM
I think you missed my sarcasm. Of course what you said is 100% correct. Anyone with a brain would agree. It's common sense stuff.

Hahaha my bad. It's something a bron stan would say with a straight face. The trolling on here is so bad it's hard to tell sometimes

Axe
05-23-2021, 10:42 PM
Well 3ball loathes on anyone not named mj so what do you do
Not necessarily. He calls kobe 'jordan b', '2nd goat' or something like that lmao.

Full Court
05-23-2021, 10:48 PM
1. LBJ (7,491)

~GAP

2. MJ (5,987)
3. KAJ (5,762)
3. KOBE (5,640)
5. SHAQ (5,250)

Pretty sure MJ would rather be 6/6 with rings than have the most post-seasons playoff points ever and be 4/10.

And1AllDay
05-23-2021, 11:22 PM
1. LBJ (7,491)

~GAP

2. MJ (5,987)
3. KAJ (5,762)
3. KOBE (5,640)
5. SHAQ (5,250)

shuttem downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :rockon:

2much_knowledge
05-23-2021, 11:49 PM
Pretty sure MJ would rather be 6/6 with rings than have the most post-seasons playoff points ever and be 4/10.

Duh

2much_knowledge
05-23-2021, 11:51 PM
Back on topic. Yes, its been nice to watch the physical play and the altercations like the old days

And1AllDay
05-23-2021, 11:52 PM

dumb :oldlol: most misses means you prolly took most shots. thats it. he dont have the lowest fg% :oldlol: catn believe had to explain that

barrier to 7k playoff points is 10 finals

bean kobe only did 7
mike only did 6

we didnt get enough finals runs so we failed to achieve long success

Bronbron23
05-24-2021, 12:18 AM
Not necessarily. He calls kobe 'jordan b', '2nd goat' or something like that lmao.

Really? Not surprised he'd think that about a guy who plays exactly like mj

Bronbron23
05-24-2021, 12:24 AM
dumb :oldlol: most misses means you prolly took most shots. thats it. he dont have the lowest fg% :oldlol: catn believe had to explain that

barrier to 7k playoff points is 10 finals

bean kobe only did 7
mike only did 6

we didnt get enough finals runs so we failed to achieve long success

Obviously most misses means most shots just like most points means most shots. That was the point. It was a trap which you easily fell for. The most misses don't mean anything just like the most points dosn't mean anything. Both are a result of playing more than everyone and having more shots than anyone.

You make this so easy:facepalm

And1AllDay
05-24-2021, 12:26 AM
Obviously most misses means most shots just like most points means most shots. That was the point. It was a trap which you easily fell for. The most misses don't mean anything just like the most points dosn't mean anything. Both are a result of playing more than everyone and having more shots than anyone.

You make this so easy:facepalm

i knew youd say that :oldlol:

like i sasid already and prefaced it with barrier to 7000 pts is 10 finals

mike didnt go far enough times, he only had 6 finals runs, most had more then him

sorry

read this time then respond :facepalm

Bronbron23
05-24-2021, 12:45 AM
i knew youd say that :oldlol:

like i sasid already and prefaced it with barrier to 7000 pts is 10 finals

mike didnt go far enough times, he only had 6 finals runs, most had more then him

sorry

read this time then respond :facepalm

I read it it just dosn't really matter. Total points is a terrible way to jujde who is a better scorer. According to that gary payton is a better scorer than larry bird and if steph curry retired today john Stockton would be the better scorer. That's just dumb but your a troll and already know that.

bladefd
05-24-2021, 01:42 AM
I was saying the same thing early today to someone. Physical basketball is much more fun than both teams chucking up 40-50 3s a game and nobody playing defense.

Casuals prefer the 3pt chucking run-and-gun nonsense, which is what the NBA has been catering to for too long. It's hard to watch that crap.

DABIGSALSISHA
05-24-2021, 04:12 AM
Playoffs have been pretty physical so far and refs for the most part are letting shit go. Scores are down and scoring is more difficult but it's way better to watch than the regular season b.s.

It also destroys this notion that players and teams today score so much because they're just more skilled.

Basketball is a physical game. When you remove that aspect out of it you bleed and DESTROY the sport and then we start watching something else, that is very similar to watching the all star 3 point competition with lots of timeouts. You remove the LIFE out of the game, the offense side becomes artificial to watch, the defense turn into ghost town, lifeless. That's one of the reasons that the late 80's and entire 90's was so cool to watch. Lot's of kids in this forum don't get it, but what can we do?

They score so much more today because during the regular season there is a wide open desert Avenue as Wide as the Woodward ave. in Detroit, MI. where the paint is suppose to be and, Instead of defending it they (the players) feel like they are Placing an order for beer, snacks and could go seat down with the fans while the other team scores freely again and again.

Lebowski
05-24-2021, 09:08 AM

Amen. Also, they are big boys, they can handle it.

Bronbron23
05-24-2021, 01:08 PM
Amen. Also, they are big boys, they can handle it.

Yup they'll be fine and the product will be way better. Fans want to see players struggle, fight and earn their chip the hard way.

WhiteKyrie
05-24-2021, 01:08 PM
Yep, most games back to what scores should be...which overall creates better basketball...

100 percent

Bronbron23
05-24-2021, 01:10 PM
I was saying the same thing early today to someone. Physical basketball is much more fun than both teams chucking up 40-50 3s a game and nobody playing defense.

Casuals prefer the 3pt chucking run-and-gun nonsense, which is what the NBA has been catering to for too long. It's hard to watch that crap.

So hard to watch. I almost forgot how great the game is when it's physical. It's a way better product and the truly great players are still gonna put up big games.

Bronbron23
05-24-2021, 01:10 PM
Basketball is a physical game. When you remove that aspect out of it you bleed and DESTROY the sport and then we start watching something else, that is very similar to watching the all star 3 point competition with lots of timeouts. You remove the LIFE out of the game, the offense side becomes artificial to watch, the defense turn into ghost town, lifeless. That's one of the reasons that the late 80's and entire 90's was so cool to watch. Lot's of kids in this forum don't get it, but what can we do?

They score so much more today because during the regular season there is a wide open desert Avenue as Wide as the Woodward ave. in Detroit, MI. where the paint is suppose to be and, Instead of defending it they (the players) feel like they are Placing an order for beer, snacks and could go seat down with the fans while the other team scores freely again and again.

Well said

mehyaM24
05-24-2021, 01:15 PM
playoff ball is why oldheads still tune in. nobody watches the regular-season like that anymore. not even the statnerds who highlight binge.

WhiteKyrie
05-24-2021, 01:19 PM
So hard to watch. I almost forgot how great the game is when it's physical. It's a way better product and the truly great players are still gonna put up big games.
That’s what truly separates great players from good players. That’s why so many of these artificial huge state lines being put up over the past 5 to 6 years is diluting the historical aspects of stats in the game. It brings in the young dumb kids, or the casual viewers. But it’s a grossly inferior product, game and form of true competition.

ImKobe
05-24-2021, 01:48 PM
playoff ball is why oldheads still tune in. nobody watches the regular-season like that anymore. not even the statnerds who highlight binge.

Hard to be invested in the RS when stars sit out every other game and play next to no defense with role players going off for 30 every night because players are too lazy to contest 3s and would rather hunt for rebounds.

TheCorporation
05-24-2021, 01:50 PM
I read it it just dosn't really matter. Total points is a terrible way to jujde who is a better scorer. According to that gary payton is a better scorer than larry bird and if steph curry retired today john Stockton would be the better scorer. That's just dumb but your a troll and already know that.

Things get tight at the top. No one really cares about the bottom 40 :lol

1. LBJ
2. MJ
3. KAJ
4. KOBE
5. SHAQ

That's the list

TheCorporation
05-24-2021, 01:52 PM
Most.Playoff Points

1. LBJ (7,491)

~GAP

2. MJ (5,987)
3. KAJ (5,762)
3. KOBE (5,640)
5. SHAQ (5,250)

Guys?

ImKobe
05-24-2021, 01:52 PM

1. MJ
2. Kobe
3. KAJ
4. Magic
5. Russell

That's the list

Agreed.

mehyaM24
05-24-2021, 01:53 PM
Hard to be invested in the RS when stars sit out every other game and play next to no defense with role players going off for 30 every night because players are too lazy to contest 3s and would rather hunt for rebounds.

ya the regular-season is hit or miss. you rarely get games where 2 teams are committed on both ends. those matchups dont happen until playoff seeding is a priority.

Bronbron23
05-24-2021, 02:10 PM

1. LBJ
2. MJ
3. KAJ
4. KOBE
5. SHAQ

That's the list

Honestly i have no problems with that list. I have bron behind mj but i don't it's crazy to have bron, kareem or Russell ahead if him

eliteballer
05-24-2021, 02:18 PM
Much better.