PDA

View Full Version : Luka Doncic Is the Clippers Kryptonite

Koresh
05-26-2021, 02:17 AM
This series is looking like Cavs-Warriors in 2016, meaning "if X team were healthy, they would have won last year" vibes. If it wasn't for the KP stuff last year, the Clippers would have been exposed in the first round. They tanked to get the Mavs and this is what they get...thinking this was going to be an easy series.

Clippers have no answer for Luka. He is a Swiss Army Knife. Pick your poison. I am loving every minute of this series :applause::lol:oldlol:

Yes, this series isn't over, but 93% of teams who go up 2-0 in a series win the series. Klaw and Pandemic P had 41 and 28 and still ****ing lost. It's not looking good.

J Shuttlesworth
05-26-2021, 02:22 AM
Basketball is the Clippers kryptonite

Session
05-26-2021, 02:24 AM
Clippers is an overrated project with the LeBron assistant as a coach. They have good players without chemistry, good individual defenders and good individual offensive, but they never play as a team.

Luka Doncic is an unstoppable player and he is goind to obliterate them :bowdown:

bladefd
05-26-2021, 02:57 AM
Luka is a special special player. Definitely the next LeBron but he needs to continue working on his defense

Sulico
05-26-2021, 03:32 AM
Luka is a special special player. Definitely the next LeBron but he needs to continue working on his defense

Very true. Sometimes he doing an OK job, but sometimes I have to look away from the screen when he's defending to not feel embarassed.

Uncle Drew
05-26-2021, 03:37 AM
Hardly the truth. Kryptonite would mean Dallas has some special edge over the Clippers. They do not. Everyone has that. They’d be down 2-0 to almost every western playoff team.

Koresh
05-26-2021, 11:28 AM
Hardly the truth. Kryptonite would mean Dallas has some special edge over the Clippers. They do not. Everyone has that. They’d be down 2-0 to almost every western playoff team.

The Playoffs is all about matchups. The Mavericks are a matchup nightmare for the Clippers. :confusedshrug:

tontoz
05-26-2021, 11:38 AM
The Playoffs is all about matchups. The Mavericks are a matchup nightmare for the Clippers. :confusedshrug:

The Clippers lost a 3-1 lead to Denver last year. Maybe they just aren't as good as people think, or maybe they have flaws that get more exposed during the playoffs.

FultzNationRISE
05-26-2021, 11:50 AM
The Clippers lost a 3-1 lead to Denver last year. Maybe they just aren't as good as people think, or maybe they have flaws that get more exposed during the playoffs.

Coaching would seem to be the most glaring one.

FireDavidKahn
05-26-2021, 03:03 PM
White guys are Kawhi's kryptonite

Koresh
05-26-2021, 03:34 PM

The real truth is everyone hates the Lakers/LeBron so much that the Clippers team is clouding everyone's judgment. People are looking at two dudes who are all-NBA, two-way players who are in their primes who teamed up together with some good pieces. They are not sitting there thinking about the flaws of the roster or the coaching. They want the Battle of LA. They want the Lakers to get eliminated. This isn't any rational thinking going on. This isn't objective basketball discussion with these people.

I made a post about the Clippers last year and how I wasn't impressed with them from the beginning of the season watching most of their games. I pointed out all of their flaws and I wasn't surprised they went down. It was easy to see, but for people who hate the Lakers and/or LeBron, they see something else. Clearly, the Clippers aren't as good as advertised. I don't think we will ever see the Kawhi Leonard we saw on the Raptors ever again. He has some type of degenerative injury that will never be 100% and he's not getting any younger. PG has always been an underachiever in the playoffs.

Same thing can be said about the Jazz. Excluding the Warriors since they have arguably the greatest backcourt in NBA history that added KD, jumpshooting teams don't generally win championships, so the Clippers and the Jazz are hoisting 3s like they are going out of style isn't as effective in the postseason like it is in the regular season, and it's easy to gameplan for. PG doesn't attack the rim and settles for jumpers. The Clippers don't have any type of system and it's too much ISO and chucking up 3s.