PDA

View Full Version : 3ball, what does Luka need to be become a legit GOAT candidate?

90sgoat
05-26-2021, 02:37 PM
Did you see his new found Dirk midrange fadeaway?

I would combine that with learning a Kobe-esque up and under move. Lethal!

I'd also want to see him get jumphook.

Then there would be no weakness offensively.

Shooter
05-26-2021, 02:43 PM
Kobe is trash, don't taint a LeBron ball student.

ImKobe
05-26-2021, 02:46 PM
Defense... MJ was elite on both ends. Luka's a liability.

90sgoat
05-26-2021, 03:02 PM

I don't think Luka is a liability anymore. He used to be a liability, but his bulk allows him to do well in one on one situations.

He certainly is not a liability like Harden or even Curry.

3ball
05-26-2021, 05:43 PM

Tbh, I don't value individual defense if the player in question is superior offensively..

Superior offensive players allow GM's to surround them with cheaper defenders, while weaker offensive players require expensive offensive teammates.. That's why Curry/Kyrie/Bird have been on #1 defensive teams.

So is Luka superior offensively?.. I doubt it because Luka hasn't been called the best post player in basketball like MJ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYsbx66LZbA&t=0m42s), or the best jumpshooter like MJ (https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=57091082&postcount=15799).. MJ was the best guard in the game, who also had the best big man game (post game).. He also had the goat on-ball/off-ball package, including documented 32.3/8.4/9.3 stats at point for his career (https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/why-michael-jordan-shouldve-been-point-guard-according-don-nelson)

3ball
05-26-2021, 05:50 PM
That being said, Luka can be goat if he 4-peats while having goat production rate

GrayGoat
05-26-2021, 05:50 PM
Luka is already better than 22 year old MJ

8Ball
05-26-2021, 05:55 PM

This.

More talented player of the two.

3ball
05-26-2021, 05:58 PM

23-year Jordan was setting the playoff record and playing better than anyone ever has against the champs and #1 defense (44/6/6 vs 86' Celtics).

And it's dfferent formats - today's game allows the non-big to have the most impact, while the league in 1985 was set up for bigs.. It took Jordan a few years to change the trajectory of the league towards the perimeter player.

GrayGoat
05-26-2021, 06:08 PM
23-year Jordan was setting the playoff record and playing better than anyone ever has against the champs and #1 defense (44/6/6 vs 86' Celtics).

And it's dfferent formats - today's game allows the non-big to have the most impact, while the league in 1985 was set up for bigs.. It took Jordan a few years to change the trajectory of the league towards the perimeter player.

Luka is career 55% from midrange and 33% from 3 on very high volume. He’s better than MJ

1987_Lakers
05-26-2021, 06:11 PM
Tbh, I don't value individual defense if the player in question is superior offensively..

Superior offensive players allow GM's to surround them with cheaper defenders, while weaker offensive players require expensive offensive teammates.. That's why Curry/Kyrie/Bird have been on #1 defensive teams.

So is Luka superior offensively?.. I doubt it because Luka hasn't been called the best post player in basketball like MJ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYsbx66LZbA&t=0m42s), or the best jumpshooter like MJ (https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=57091082&postcount=15799).. MJ was the best guard in the game, who also had the best big man game (post game).. He also had the goat on-ball/off-ball package, including documented 32.3/8.4/9.3 stats at point for his career (https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/why-michael-jordan-shouldve-been-point-guard-according-don-nelson)

Imagine thinking MJ was the best post player with Hakeem & young Shaq also in the league.

bullettooth
05-26-2021, 06:16 PM

Of course a Bronsexual would say this.

1987_Lakers
05-26-2021, 06:20 PM
Of course a Bronsexual would say this.

Michael Jordan at 22 was getting his shit pushed in by Sidney Moncrief in the playoffs.

8Ball
05-26-2021, 06:25 PM
Jordan is a lot like Kawhi. Can score a lot but can't run the offense effectively like Luka or LeBron can.

Luka is just a better basketball player. More talent. Can do more on the court.

Shooter
05-26-2021, 06:32 PM
This.

More talented player of the two.

LeBron ball in action :applause:

Shooter
05-26-2021, 06:32 PM
Jordan is a lot like Kawhi. Can score a lot but can't run the offense effectively like Luka or LeBron can.

Luka is just a better basketball player. More talent. Can do more on the court.

+1

Luka is a LeBron ball student

Carmello Anthony is an MJ ball student

90sgoat
05-26-2021, 08:38 PM
+1
Luka is a LeBron ball student

Unfortunately yes.

I will watch Luka, but he is infuriating to root for. I can't understand how people root for Lebron as well.

And Lebron studied Tracy McGrade who studied Allen Iverson, who was really the first to blatantly flaunt any ideas of team basketball and just dominate the ball.

Lebron wasn't the first.

Tracy McGrady was the first in the terms of "big guards with extreme usage" spamming the high pick and roll.

It was an inefficient playing style then as well.

8Ball
05-26-2021, 08:49 PM
Imagine making Luka run some sort of dog shit inferior offense like the "triangle offense" :lol

The dude is a surgeon out there calling whatever play he desires. Like Beethoven.

Luka is insanely high IQ.

If Luka has 16 seasons like this I'd be happy to put Luka in the top 2 category with LeBron.

GrayGoat
05-26-2021, 08:52 PM
Imagine making Luka run some sort of dog shit inferior offense like the "triangle offense" :lol

The dude is a surgeon out there calling whatever play he desires. Like Beethoven.

Luka is insanely high IQ.

If Luka has 16 seasons like this I'd be happy to put Luka in the top 2 category with LeBron.

The triangle worked because teams literally were not allowed to make adjustments (zone) imagine if LeBron had that luxury :oldlol:

DABIGSALSISHA
05-26-2021, 08:56 PM
Fixed.

Luka is already better than 22 year old Lebron

2much_knowledge
05-26-2021, 09:10 PM
How about being better than Bird first. After 3 seasons, head to head , Bird leads in all average categories except points and assists.

And a goat candidate CAN'T suck at the free throw line

2ball
05-26-2021, 09:13 PM
Luka is currently beating his Bird “Kawhi” in his 2nd postseason. Remarkable