PDA

View Full Version : The next GOAT (above Jordan) will be...

3ball
05-26-2021, 10:40 PM
the next all-time athlete (similar caliber to Dr. J, Lebron, MJ, Giannis, Zion, Kemp, etc) that is also an all-time shooter from three-point range.

^^^ that's the next GOAT

because we already know that MJ is the first all-time athlete that was an all-time shooter, but it was from mid-range, so the next GOAT will do it from 3-point range.

TLDR: the first all-time athlete-3ball shooter will be the goat over the first all-time athlete-2ball shooter (MJ)

Axe
05-26-2021, 10:42 PM
No pip? Meh, forget about it.

Shooter
05-26-2021, 10:43 PM
LeBar is set, good luck to all participants

https://i.postimg.cc/SR7YmnYk/4x_FMVP_Winner.png

https://i.postimg.cc/NFMHF6w2/7463_goat.png

kawhileonard2
05-26-2021, 10:49 PM
It will have to be someone who only won gold medals, never lost with HCA (24-0), won 6+ Finals MVP's, 5+ league mvp's and turned an organization that never won prior to him arriving into a dynasty.

Shooter
05-26-2021, 10:54 PM
It will have to be someone who only won gold medals, never lost with HCA (24-0), won 6+ Finals MVP's, 5+ league mvp's and turned an organization that never won prior to him arriving into a dynasty. *that was all done with Pippen and Phil Jackson

Fixed that for ya bud

3ball
05-26-2021, 11:04 PM
No pip? Meh, forget about it.

Jordan's existence evolved us to the point that an all-time athlete can be an all-time shooter - but he's the only guy to do it - a true one-off - decades ahead of his time and no one has matched him yet (he remains the only all-time athlete that was an elite shooter from mid-range, FT, or threes).

Axe
05-26-2021, 11:04 PM
Jordan's existence evolved us to the point that an all-time athlete can be an all-time shooter - but he's the only guy to do it - a true one-off - decades ahead of his time and no one has matched him yet (he remains the only all-time athlete that was an elite shooter from mid-range, FT, or threes).
Baloney

Shooter
05-26-2021, 11:06 PM
Good luck to all participants

https://i.postimg.cc/xTV5V8d4/Close-Its-only-double-more-lol.png

kawhileonard2
05-26-2021, 11:06 PM
Fixed that for ya bud

Phil Jackson had no job in the NBA before the Bulls and Pippen was a role player coming off the bench until Jordan helped him

Pippen became great due to playing with Jordan, he even said so himself.

Source: GoogleBooks (http://books.google.com/books?id=aQ84ViBNkYwC&pg=PA28&lpg=PA28&dq=Game+Michael+Jordan+broke+his+leg&source=web&ots=Y9Xtn3nomR&sig=6shSn2cklYKVP1kBaC6nI0A_oko&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result#PPA39,M1)

Pippen, unlike other Bulls who usually kept their distance from Jordan, tried to learn all he could from Jordan in practice. In turn, Jordan worked with Pippen on his moves, jump shot, and defense and taught him mental toughness.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-krausejordan090909

“Michael was great at identifying things,” Krause said. “Would Pippen have been great someplace else? Michael absolutely killed Scottie in practice every day for his first two years. Mike just tore Pip up. He made Pip learn how to compete and forced him into playing hard. Had there not been someone to challenge Scottie like that, I’m not sure what would’ve happened to him.”

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/asksam_091030.html

Sam: I know there's that "he's a rookie thing," though I thought more with Rose was the way he drove and then was so quick he could avoid the contact. I think with him he was more accustomed to having just come out of playing in the Chicago playgrounds where you aren't going to get calls going to the basket. I remember watching Jordan not long after Pippen joined the Bulls showing Pippen how to drive and go into a defender and then finish your shot. Wade was a more mature player having gone to college several years, and Anthony played in the post and inside a lot. That's one area for Rose for improve. He's a quick study and I think you'll see him taking the hit since he's strong and can do it and drawing more calls this season.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/ask-sam-sam-smith-opens-his-mailbag-033012.html

Sam: I remember Jordan helping Pippen with this. In Pippen’s first several seasons, he rarely got calls on drives. Jordan used to show him — we were permitted to watch practice then — how to drive into contact and then react to the contact. Pippen used to practice it all the time with Jordan showing him.

And what I consider a telltale stat: He never lost a playoff series when he had home-court advantage. LeBron lost with home-court advantage three years in a row. LeBron also has a losing record in the NBA Finals that he needs to rectify.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_james_100709.html

Going to Miami, it isn’t going to be LeBron’s team. It is Wade’s team because he’s been there and has won a championship there. So the obvious point was that this would not be LeBron’s championship if he gets one or more, that he needed to go get help from a champion and another star.

What player ever became a star playing next to Lebron that wasn't a star prior? Even Carlos Boozer became a star afterwards.

3ball
05-26-2021, 11:08 PM
Baloney

Name another all-time athlete that was an all-time shooter from either mid-range, threes or FT's

Jordan is the only 1

Anytime a guy had a crazy nice jumper that hit at an all-time level, it was never an all-time athlete.. Jordan is the first guy.. And even though he only did it from mid-range, no one else has matched it, so he's still ahead of his time.. a true one-off.. like an asteriod

Airupthere
05-26-2021, 11:12 PM
No crabwalk and bow arms please. No flopping and superteam hopping

3ball
05-26-2021, 11:17 PM
Name another all-time athlete that was an all-time shooter from either mid-range, threes or FT's

Jordan is the only 1

Anytime a guy had a crazy nice jumper that hit at an all-time level, it was never an all-time athlete.. Jordan is the first guy.. And even though he only did it from mid-range, no one else has matched it, so he's still ahead of his time.. a true one-off.. like an asteriod

Axe on the run over a simple question (bolded above)

ShawkFactory
05-26-2021, 11:18 PM
Why do you TLDR a post that has 3 sentences?

3ball
05-26-2021, 11:19 PM
Why do you TLDR a post that has 3 sentences?

Name another all-time athlete (aka Giannis, Dr, J, Dominique, etc) that was an all-time shooter from either mid-range, threes or FT's

Jordan is the only 1

ShawkFactory
05-26-2021, 11:23 PM
Name another all-time athlete (aka Giannis, Dr, J, Dominique, etc) that was an all-time shooter from either mid-range, threes or FT's

Jordan is the only 1

I think that Jordan is the greatest player ever. Most people think this, many of which have told you so.

Hence why the question I have is why you is why you TLDR a 3 sentence post :lol

3ball
05-26-2021, 11:36 PM
I think that Jordan is the greatest player ever. Most people think this, many of which have told you so.

Hence why the question I have is why you is why you TLDR a 3 sentence post :lol

Some people can't read 3 sentences without losing attention

Ultimately, who knows when we'll see a 2nd all-time athlete-shooter, since MJ was the first (and therefore goat).

ShawkFactory
05-26-2021, 11:52 PM
Vince Carter was nasty from 3 and mid in the early 2000s. For some reason wasn’t a great FT shooter.

2ball
05-26-2021, 11:53 PM
Donovan Mitchell.

Axe
05-26-2021, 11:53 PM

Jordan is the only 1

From threes too? Baloney!

ShawkFactory
05-26-2021, 11:57 PM
Donovan Mitchell.

Are you saying Mitchell is an all time athlete? Interesting.

2ball
05-27-2021, 12:01 AM
Are you saying Mitchell is an all time athlete? Interesting.

He is quite athletic. Has 3 level offense and great defense

SATAN
05-27-2021, 01:53 AM
the next all-time athlete (similar caliber to Dr. J, Lebron, MJ, Giannis, Zion, Kemp, etc) that is also an all-time shooter from three-point range.

^^^ that's the next GOAT

You need a very high BBIQ to go with those. Stupid thread is stupid.

dankok8
05-27-2021, 01:59 AM
I was thinking about this. I think the future GOAT is a 6'9'' guy who shoots 45% from 3pt range and is long to contest shots. Honestly an even better KD.

1987_Lakers
05-27-2021, 02:06 AM
I always thought LeBron with elite shooting ability and consistent defense (8+ years of his 2012 defense) would be the perfect player.

ImKobe
05-27-2021, 06:43 AM
I always thought LeBron with elite shooting ability and consistent defense (8+ years of his 2012 defense) would be the perfect player.

He had the potential but took too long to develop his jump shot, and he was never a great FT shooter either. Plus all the team hopping and the Finals losses make him a poor GOAT candidate when you have MJ and Kareem. Durant is everything you'd want out of a GOAT candidate as a player but was drafted to a bad franchise that blew up a dynasty before they even had a chance to enter their primes. If they just kept KD, Harden, Russ & Ibaka together all those years.

90sgoat
05-27-2021, 07:44 AM
Get Luka some roids is what you're saying?

RogueBorg
05-27-2021, 08:08 AM
I was thinking about this. I think the future GOAT is a 6'9'' guy who shoots 45% from 3pt range and is long to contest shots. Honestly an even better KD.

He'll have to play on both ends and be recognized for it.

ELITEpower23
05-27-2021, 09:40 AM

Add in his offensive skillset, leadership, ability under pressure, and durability and it's a no contest situation.

SATAN
05-27-2021, 10:50 AM
He had the potential but took too long to develop his jump shot, and he was never a great FT shooter either. Plus all the team hopping and the Finals losses make him a poor GOAT candidate when you have MJ and Kareem. Durant is everything you'd want out of a GOAT candidate as a player but was drafted to a bad franchise that blew up a dynasty before they even had a chance to enter their primes. If they just kept KD, Harden, Russ & Ibaka together all those years.

You are an absolute clown.

Shooter
05-27-2021, 11:59 AM

Is there no one else?

Ainosterhaspie
05-27-2021, 12:20 PM
There are a lot of different ways to play the game and be successful, so no, the next GOAT candidate doesn't have to be an MJ clone. In fact history suggests that's an unlikely path to success. Great Court vision, shooting and team defense can get a player in that territory and that doesn't necessarily require super elite athleticism. Some defenders are very impactful without requiring super athleticism because they have size and court awareness that allows them to anticipate where to be and how to be disruptive. They react sooner so they don't have to be as athletic. Athleticism obviously helps, but isn't necessarily the only way there. And neither is being the perennial scoring leader.

BlackMamba8
05-27-2021, 12:39 PM

^^^ that's the next GOAT

because we already know that MJ is the first all-time athlete that was an all-time shooter, but it was from mid-range, so the next GOAT will do it from 3-point range.

TLDR: the first all-time athlete-3ball shooter will be the goat over the first all-time athlete-2ball shooter (MJ)

No mention of Kobe? Lmao

AlternativeAcc.
05-27-2021, 12:59 PM
No mention of Kobe? Lmao

Kobe wasn't an elite athlete, passer, defender, leader, shooter, or anything really... he was an elite fraud

But RIP to him and continued condolences to his family.

Also get me a couple filet of fish' you stinkin' midget. Thanks

Ainosterhaspie
05-27-2021, 02:01 PM
Anyone pick up on the fact that 3ball just acknowledged that LeBron has passed MJ. The next GOAT to pass him means one already has. Glad you've come around 3ball.

ImKobe
05-27-2021, 02:39 PM
You are an absolute clown.

Clown for stating facts?

BlackMamba8
05-27-2021, 11:00 PM
3ball, Kobe is ahead of Lebum, so I dont know why you keep comparing Lebum to MJ like wtf

Axe
05-27-2021, 11:16 PM
3ball, Kobe is ahead of Lebum, so I dont know why you keep comparing Lebum to MJ like wtf
Boo.

3ball
05-27-2021, 11:50 PM

Of course kobe is ahead of Lebron

Tbh, Kobe and KD could be grouped in with Jordan as all-time athletes that were also all-time shooters (from either mid-range, threes or FT's)

But the reality is that most people don't consider Kobe or KD to be on the top tier of all-time athletes

Shooter
05-28-2021, 12:13 AM

OP? You good?

kawhileonard2
05-28-2021, 12:54 AM
It will have to be someone who only won gold medals, never lost with HCA (24-0), won 6+ Finals MVP's, 5+ league mvp's and turned an organization that never won prior to him arriving into a dynasty.

Anyone else???

BlackMamba8
05-28-2021, 11:21 AM
Of course kobe is ahead of Lebron

Tbh, Kobe and KD could be grouped in with Jordan as all-time athletes that were also all-time shooters (from either mid-range, threes or FT's)

But the reality is that most people don't consider Kobe or KD to be on the top tier of all-time athletes

ok respect! I wish I could give you rep points, you are one of the better posters in here