PDA

View Full Version : This is the man you obediently hid under the bed for:

FultzNationRISE
05-27-2021, 12:33 AM
For 27 years, Bill Gates has entrusted the management of his enormous wealth and the endowment of his giant foundation to a single man: Michael Larson.

Mr. Larson has invested the Microsoft co-founder’s money in farmland, hotels, stocks, bonds, even a bowling alley. Thanks in part to Mr. Larson and the soaring value of Microsoft’s shares, Mr. Gates’s fortune has gone from less than $10 billion to about $130 billion.

But Mr. Larson, 61, also engaged in a pattern of workplace misconduct at Mr. Gates’s money-management firm, Cascade Investment, according to 10 former employees as well as others familiar with the firm.

He openly judged female employees on their attractiveness, showed colleagues nude photos of women on the internet and on several occasions made sexually inappropriate comments. He made a racist remark to a Black employee. He bullied others. When an employee said she was leaving Cascade, Mr. Larson retaliated by trying to hurt the stock price of the company she planned to join.

Over the years, at least six people — including four Cascade employees — complained to Mr. Gates about Mr. Larson, according to former employees and others with direct knowledge of the complaints. (Several of them also complained to his wife, Melinda French Gates.) Cascade made payments to at least seven people who witnessed or knew about Mr. Larson’s behavior; in exchange, they agreed to never speak about their time at the firm.

Even as Cascade grew to more than 100 employees and to manage more money than most Wall Street hedge funds, the perception that Mr. Larson had Mr. Gates’s unflinching support allowed him to maintain a culture of fear inside the companyÂ’s lakeside offices, the former employees said. Mr. Larson still runs Cascade.

Mr. Gates’s reluctance to take decisive action at Cascade adds to an emerging portrait of the billionaire philanthropist that is at odds with his image as a roving global do-gooder and champion of women’s empowerment.

As The New York Times has reported, Mr. Gates for years regularly spent time with Jeffrey Epstein, who faced accusations of sex trafficking of girls — a relationship that was among the factors precipitating Ms. French Gates’s recent decision to seek a divorce. And on at least a few occasions, Mr. Gates pursued women who worked for him at Microsoft and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. In 2019, Microsoft’s board investigated one of those cases, in which Mr. Gates acknowledged he had an affair with an employee. Mr. Gates stepped down from the board last year.

Mr. Larson said, “Calling B.M.G.I. a toxic work environment is unfair to the 160 professionals who make up our team and our culture.”

Courtney Wade, a spokeswoman for Ms. French Gates, said, “Melinda unequivocally condemns disrespectful and inappropriate conduct in the workplace. She was unaware of most of these allegations given her lack of ownership of and control over B.M.G.I.”

Some former Cascade employees declined to comment because of nondisclosure agreements that prohibit them from discussing their time at the company. Others spoke on the condition of anonymity because they feared retribution.

Before Mr. Larson, Mr. Gates’s financial consigliere was Andrew L. Evans, a longtime friend who had previously served a six-month prison sentence for bank fraud. (Mr. Gates visited him in jail.) But when Mr. Evans’s criminal record was spotlighted in a front-page Wall Street Journal article in 1993, Mr. Gates sought out a new money manager.

The next year, he hired Mr. Larson, who previously was a fund manager at Putnam Investments. In 1995, Cascade was incorporated in Washington State. The generic-sounding name with no reference to Mr. Gates allowed Mr. Larson to run a vast investment operation with a low public profile.

From the start, Cascade, whose sole function was to manage the Gateses’ money, was deeply entwined with the wider Gates universe, including Microsoft. The firm is in the same office park in Kirkland, Wash., as Mr. Gates’s personal office, Gates Ventures, and across the street from Ms. French Gates’s own group, Pivotal Ventures. Over the years, employees have moved among Cascade, the Gates Foundation, Microsoft, the two Gates ventures and K&L Gates, the law firm where Mr. Gates’s father had been a named partner. In 2005, when Cascade needed a new human resources executive, the company hired a Microsoft veteran.

Mr. Larson regularly hired people fresh out of college or in the early stages of their careers. Graduates of Claremont McKenna College, his alma mater, were a particular favorite. The college has several scholarships endowed by Mr. Larson.

FultzNationRISE
05-27-2021, 12:34 AM
Mr. Larson branched out into real estate and high-end hotels. He bought a 47.5 percent stake in the Four Seasons chain. He acquired vast tracts of land that by some estimates make Mr. Gates the largest private owner of farmland in the United States. Chasing the highest returns was not the main goal. The mandate, according to one former employee, was: “We don’t want Bill’s name in the headlines.”

In the spring of 2004, Stacy Ybarra decided to quit her job at Cascade to join the internet company InfoSpace. Ms. Ybarra, then 30, had joined Cascade three years earlier as an investor relations analyst. After she announced her planned departure, Mr. Larson became so angry that he shorted the stock of InfoSpace, according to three people familiar with the episode. (Short selling involves placing bearish bets on the company’s shares, which sometimes causes the stock to fall.) Two of the people said they saw Mr. Larson’s trades on their computer terminals.

Mr. Larson told Ms. Ybarra and others that he had shorted InfoSpace’s stock out of spite, according to the three people, who heard about his remarks at the time.

Mr. Giglio confirmed that Cascade shorted the stock but denied that Mr. Larson did it to spite Ms. Ybarra.

At the same time, Mr. Larson repeatedly pressured Ms. Ybarra to remain at Cascade. She ultimately agreed to stay.

On Election Day that November, Mr. Larson asked some Cascade employees in the office about the best time to go vote. Ms. Ybarra, who is Black, replied that she had voted that morning without having to wait in line. Mr. Larson responded: “But you live in the ghetto, and everybody knows that Black people don’t vote.” The scene was described by two people who heard the comment and a third who was told about it later.

In November 2006, Mr. Gates and Ms. French Gates were sent another complaint about Mr. Larson. This one was from Robert E. Sydow, a California fund manager who had been close friends with Mr. Larson and whose firm, Grandview Capital Management, Mr. Larson had hired to manage a $1.6 billion slice of the foundation’s endowment.

Mr. Sydow wrote a six-page letter to the Gateses accusing Mr. Larson of abruptly severing Cascade’s ties with Grandview after a dispute between him and Mr. Sydow. (The dispute, Mr. Sydow wrote, came after Mr. Sydow warned Mr. Larson that he needed “to stop using his power to hurt others in anger.”) The letter, reviewed by The Times, said Mr. Larson had harmed Grandview’s reputation in part by spreading “false and defamatory” lies about it in the market.

Mr. Sydow, the godfather to one of Mr. Larson’s children, went on to describe multiple instances of Mr. Larson seeking to punish employees who left Cascade and retaliating against those who cooperated with the investigation into his treatment of Ms. Ybarra, among other things.

When a female employee was on a Weight Watchers program, Mr. Larson asked her, “Are you losing weight for me?” according to someone who heard the remark. Another former employee said Mr. Larson would ask male employees whether certain women at Cascade were single.

On at least one occasion in recent years, with employees looking on, Mr. Larson displayed photographs of naked women on his phone and compared them to Ms. Berman, the human resources executive, according to a former employee who witnessed the incident and another person who was told about it. (Ms. Berman left Cascade in 2015.) Another woman who worked at Cascade said Mr. Larson asked her if she would strip for a certain amount of money.

Mr. Larson denied making any of those comments. “This is not true,” he said.

About three years ago, Megan Scott, Mr. Larson’s chief of staff, complained to the Gateses about Mr. Larson, according to three people with knowledge of the matter.

Among her concerns was that Mr. Larson was preparing to sign a five-year contract with a recruiting firm that a Cascade employee, Pamela Harrington, was starting, two of the people said. (The proposed contract would pay Mrs. Harrington’s firm an annual retainer that started at less than $1.5 million and over time decreased to $400,000, said Mitchell Langberg, a lawyer for Mrs. Harrington.) Ms. Scott and another employee complained to the Gateses about what they saw as the close personal relationship between Mr. Larson and Mrs. Harrington, the people said.

“This allegation unfairly emanates from a former disgruntled employee who has tried hard to undermine the reputation of Mrs. Harrington, a highly accomplished and successful individual in her own right,” Mr. Giglio said.

Mr. Gates told Mr. Larson to cancel the proposed contract with Mrs. Harrington’s firm, the people said.

Mr. Giglio said the decision was part of a broader move “not to outsource many internal functions, including recruiting."

By 2019, that had apparently changed. Mr. Langberg said that B.M.G.I. entered into an executive recruiting contract with Mrs. Harrington’s firm that December. “Mrs. Harrington has been providing service under that contract since that time,” he said.

Around the time of the complaints involving Mrs. Harrington, Mr. Larson was repeatedly propositioning, and being rebuffed by, the manager of a local bicycle store that was mostly owned by a firm, Rally Capital, that Cascade had invested in.

In 2017, the manager hired a lawyer, who sent a letter to Mr. Gates and Ms. French Gates warning them that if Mr. Larson did not stop harassing her, she would sue them. The letter said Mr. Larson had told the manager that he wanted to have sex with her and another woman, according to someone who read the letter.

Mr. Gates agreed to settle the matter by having a payment made to the bike store manager. Ms. French Gates insisted that an outside investigator review the incident and Cascade’s culture, people familiar with the matter previously told The Times. In 2018, Mr. Larson went on paid leave while the investigation took place.

At the time, Mr. Gates told a Cascade employee that he doubted that Mr. Larson would ever return, according to a person with knowledge of the conversation.

Jessie L. Harris, a lawyer for a Seattle law firm, Williams Kastner, conducted the investigation. He concluded that the bike shop manager’s complaint could not be substantiated.

“You should know that Michael wanted to contest the allegations throughout the investigation,” Mr. Giglio said. “But he, obviously, was not the ultimate decision maker.”

Mr. Larson returned from leave in 2019. Cascade’s chief operating officer had departed during Mr. LarsonÂ’s absence, and Ms. Scott left shortly after his return. To curb Mr. Larso’s influence over Cascade, Mr. Gates told him to hire a new chief operating officer, a former Cascade employee said. Mr. Giglio said the process included a committee and an outside search firm.

The pick was Mr. Larson’s college and business school classmate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/26/business/bill-gates-cascade-michael-larson.html

Pretty interesting stuff tbh.

FultzNationRISE
05-27-2021, 12:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJtblo12UxI

Eat it up, fellas.

Stanley Kobrick
05-27-2021, 12:50 AM
computer man bad :(

Axe
05-27-2021, 12:52 AM
@jstern

FultzNationRISE
05-27-2021, 12:57 AM
computer man bad :(

Is this a reference to your 24/7, 50+ posts per day across accounts?

Are you the computer man?

Stanley Kobrick
05-27-2021, 01:02 AM
@jstern
oh wow, i forgot about that user even though i was like most and never read his Adderall fueled posts. it seems he tucked tail and ran for the hills after his election prediction terribly faceplanted. :(

highwhey
05-27-2021, 01:03 AM
I trust OP, he's been places, just check out the insignia behind him: https://i.postimg.cc/Jz4txYb5/css.png

Stanley Kobrick
05-27-2021, 01:04 AM
I trust OP, he's been places, just check out the insignia behind him: https://i.postimg.cc/Jz4txYb5/css.png
:milton

Axe
05-27-2021, 01:18 AM
oh wow, i forgot about that user even though i was like most and never read his Adderall fueled posts. it seems he tucked tail and ran for the hills after his election prediction terribly faceplanted. :(
He said the only reason why he visits ish is because of 'good' users like op and Walk on Water, although i'm not quite sure what he's on when he blurted that out. However he also mentioned that the vibe here is not the same as it was before anymore which is why he might still be lurking out in other unknown dups. :ohwell:

FultzNationRISE
05-27-2021, 01:25 AM
Looks like the Los Lonely Boys are gonna have their usual run of the place overnight.

Ill check back tomorrow when the normal humans are on.

highwhey
05-27-2021, 01:29 AM
looks like OP will be the one hiding under the bed tonight :ohwell:

hateraid
05-27-2021, 01:37 AM
I wonder if the left will cancel all Gates products and cancel all Gate's based vaccines

Long Duck Dong
05-27-2021, 01:57 AM
Pretty interesting stuff tbh.

I like him. I'd grab a beer with Mr. Larson any day. :cheers:

Gates a wet towel. Larson is an alpha dog.

n00bie
05-28-2021, 08:29 AM
Is OP trying to say Bill Gates made covid19?

tpols
05-28-2021, 11:21 AM
I really hope there's a hell so all these evil rich people can go to it. There has to be karma for their actions.

Joey Turnbuckle
05-28-2021, 11:29 AM
When I first started reading I thought this was going to be about Bill Gates well endowed ginormous peen.

I know it's small. That's some vulgar language though

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2021, 12:22 PM
Is OP trying to say Bill Gates made covid19?

OP is saying that when you let the media and government - which are run by the wealth of fake nice guys like Gates and Larson - tell you how scared to be and how much freedom is really worth having, you are the definition of a beta male.

These guys are in it to keep power and control at all costs. And youre afraid to confront them because youre weak. You accept your place under their thumb. Youve made the decision that other men out there are better than you, and youre content to live your life that way. HIDING UNDER A BED BECAUSE THEY TOLD YOU TO BE SCARED.

So many people out there willing to live their whole lives as beta males and never think or act with even the slightest autonomy. Most dont even realize themselves how subtly obedient their own thoughts are.

It’s a really remarkable thing to think about. I’m not just blowing rhetorical smoke here. Think about nature, and a man’s purpose, and then think about how many grown adult human males are scared, weak, apathetic, and submissive. No purpose, no passion. Putting on five masks every time some other man blows his whistle??

Accepting a ton of social bullshit that undercuts YOU, because a media machine or your domineering wife tells your pathetic beta male ass how it’s gonna be, and you dont have a drop of testosterone in your tiny testicles to push back with?

I just find it fascinating. Thats all.

Stanley Kobrick
05-28-2021, 12:26 PM
He said the only reason why he visits ish is because of 'good' users like op and Walk on Water, although i'm not quite sure what he's on when he blurted that out. However he also mentioned that the vibe here is not the same as it was before anymore which is why he might still be lurking out in other unknown dups. :ohwell:
alex jones said computer man bad, lizard people, area 51. what a coincidence i just started becoming obsessed with the computer man after 40 years :ohwell:

tpols
05-28-2021, 12:33 PM
No purpose, no passion. Putting on five masks every time some other man blows his whistle??

:roll:

Overdrive
05-28-2021, 02:49 PM
*gasp* ever occured to you that you can form opinions different from yours without listening to media you don't consume or even condemn?

Your mind is full of typical black & white schemes. You wouldn't need to be afraid, I doubt you ever go out or anything like that.

ArbitraryWater
05-28-2021, 02:56 PM
*gasp* ever occured to you that you can form opinions different from yours without listening to media you don't consume or even condemn?

Your mind is full of typical black & white schemes. You wouldn't need to be afraid, I doubt you ever go out or anything like that.

the point is that people form their opinion based off media lol

Overdrive
05-28-2021, 04:36 PM
the point is that people form their opinion based off media lol

Yeah, not everyone. There's stuff like peer reviewed papers. He acts like anybody who has a corelating opinion with Gates et al forms their opinion through them. Simply not true.

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2021, 04:59 PM
Yeah, not everyone. There's stuff like peer reviewed papers. He acts like anybody who has a corelating opinion with Gates et al forms their opinion through them. Simply not true.

But here's the rub:

It's far more likely multiple people to come to a rational conclusion independently, than all of them reach an irrational conclusion independently.

If a bunch of people reach the same irrational conclusion, it's likely one person came up with it and the rest repeated it.

You did not allow the short term sensationalism of SARS 2004, Avian 2008, Swine 2010, MERS 2012, Ebola 2014, Zika 2016, Ebola 2018 to change your way of living, because the media and government didn't tell you to. It was good for media ratings for a few months, but there wasn't a bigger political aim for those things at that point in time.

As soon as they fashioned Covid as "a scary thing that smart and progressive people are smart and progressive enough to know they should fear and change their lives over" you got scared and changed your life. Did you actually do extensive research on corona and compare it to past disease outbreaks before obediently masking up and staying 6 feet away from everyone and calling people Nazis who didn't accept a shut down?

No. You didnt. Because you wouldn't have reached these kind of drastic conclusions if you had. You FOLLOWED the crowd, which was blueprinted by powerful global interests, because you want to APPEAR smart and progressive. You dont do the smart and progressive thinking. You just want the APPEARANCE of it.

And so you follow. And imitate. And pretend to have smart and progressive reasons why everyone should fear the mighty coronavirus. But if the media changed its narrative tomorrow, so would you. And if they changed it again the next day, so would you.

You're simply projecting an understanding of issues, and projecting a belonging, to a crowd you think reflects what you'd like to see yourself as. You're a "trans-intellectual" as it were :oldlol:

You want to be a thing that you aren't really. And people with power can make you chase a carrot all day long if you think you'll look smart and progressive doin it. But what you actually look like, without realizing it, is a dancing monkey, performing for wealthy people as they laugh.

Real talk mane.

Overdrive
05-28-2021, 05:23 PM
But here's the rub:

It's far more likely multiple people to come to a rational conclusion independently, than all of them reach an irrational conclusion independently.

If a bunch of people reach the same irrational conclusion, it's likely one person came up with it and the rest repeated it.

You did not allow the short term sensationalism of SARS 2004, Avian 2008, Swine 2010, MERS 2012, Ebola 2014, Zika 2016, Ebola 2018 to change your way of living, because the media and government didn't tell you to. It was good for media ratings for a few months, but there wasn't a bigger political aim for those things at that point in time.

As soon as they fashioned Covid as "a scary thing that smart and progressive people are smart and progressive enough to know they should fear and change their lives over" you got scared and changed your life. Did you actually do extensive research on corona and compare it to past disease outbreaks before obediently masking up and staying 6 feet away from everyone and calling people Nazis who didn't accept a shut down?

No. You didnt. Because you wouldn't have reached these kind of drastic conclusions if you had. You FOLLOWED the crowd, which was blueprinted by powerful global interests, because you want to APPEAR smart and progressive. You dont do the smart and progressive thinking. You just want the APPEARANCE of it.

And so you follow. And imitate. And pretend to have smart and progressive reasons why everyone should fear the mighty coronavirus. But if the media changed its narrative tomorrow, so would you. And if they changed it again the next day, so would you.

You're simply projecting an understanding of issues, and projecting a belonging, to a crowd you think reflects what you'd like to see yourself as. You're a "trans-intellectual" as it were :oldlol:

You want to be a thing that you aren't really. And people with power can make you chase a carrot all day long if you think you'll look smart and progressive doin it. But what you actually look like, without realizing it, is a dancing monkey, performing for wealthy people as they laugh.

Real talk mane.

I'm anti elitist, I don't like my local government, I'm sure I consume way less media than you. You're a follower. You just follow one side of the medal and act like you're some independent scholar, because the recent leader of your side sold himself as some anti establishment guy(ahahaha).

Why would I be afraid of illnesses that are transmitted through tropic insects that don't live in the nothern hemisphere? Why of a desease that rarely passes from birds to men? Do you even know what peer reviewed papers mean? Do you understand statistics? Do you have any glimpse of scientific education?

You never attack tangible points. It's always bloated posts full of ad hominem and some sophisticated words thinly veiling you hating on people who don't share your opinion.

You don't know me in any way. I don't fit in any crowd. I don't want to and I don't care. I told you enough times I showed you evidence you keep going on with the same points forever and ever. As I said before. OTC 3ball.

Honest answer: How often did you go out in 2020?

n00bie
05-28-2021, 05:46 PM
OP is saying that when you let the media and government - which are run by the wealth of fake nice guys like Gates and Larson - tell you how scared to be and how much freedom is really worth having, you are the definition of a beta male.

These guys are in it to keep power and control at all costs. And youre afraid to confront them because youre weak. You accept your place under their thumb. Youve made the decision that other men out there are better than you, and youre content to live your life that way. HIDING UNDER A BED BECAUSE THEY TOLD YOU TO BE SCARED.

So many people out there willing to live their whole lives as beta males and never think or act with even the slightest autonomy. Most dont even realize themselves how subtly obedient their own thoughts are.

It’s a really remarkable thing to think about. I’m not just blowing rhetorical smoke here. Think about nature, and a man’s purpose, and then think about how many grown adult human males are scared, weak, apathetic, and submissive. No purpose, no passion. Putting on five masks every time some other man blows his whistle??

Accepting a ton of social bullshit that undercuts YOU, because a media machine or your domineering wife tells your pathetic beta male ass how it’s gonna be, and you dont have a drop of testosterone in your tiny testicles to push back with?

I just find it fascinating. Thats all.

Honestly why do you spend so much time hating on successful people? Bill Gates wasn't born rich. He made something of himself. He's definitely not a saint, but you hating on him because he's a billionaire?

You need to take a step back and instead of spending so much time hating the wealthy, spend more time finding ways to become wealthy.

Instead of being so mad about covid, cease the opportunity. There was so much money to be made during covid times yet people just come here to bltch about elites and world conspiracies.

The stock market crashing last year when covid hit made so many people rich.

The real estate market blew up during covid.

Covid wasnt all bad. So instead of fearing Bill Gates, thank him.

ArbitraryWater
05-28-2021, 05:47 PM
Honestly why do you spend so much time hating on successful people? Bill Gates wasn't born rich. He made something of himself. He's definitely not a saint, but you hating on him because he's a billionaire?

You need to take a step back and instead of spending so much time hating the wealthy, spend more time finding ways to become wealthy.

Instead of being so mad about covid, cease the opportunity. There was so much money to be made during covid times yet people just come here to bltch about elites and world conspiracies.

The real estate market blew up during covid.

No, he isnt..

n00bie
05-28-2021, 05:52 PM
No, he isnt..

He was just ranting in the previous post about the media and govt being run by wealth rich guys, and how they "control" us.

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2021, 06:36 PM
He was just ranting in the previous post about the media and govt being run by wealth rich guys, and how they "control" us.

Who said I was blaming them?

I was blaming you.

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2021, 06:40 PM
I'm anti elitist, I don't like my local government, I'm sure I consume way less media than you. You're a follower. You just follow one side of the medal and act like you're some independent scholar, because the recent leader of your side sold himself as some anti establishment guy(ahahaha).

Why would I be afraid of illnesses that are transmitted through tropic insects that don't live in the nothern hemisphere? Why of a desease that rarely passes from birds to men? Do you even know what peer reviewed papers mean? Do you understand statistics? Do you have any glimpse of scientific education?

You never attack tangible points. It's always bloated posts full of ad hominem and some sophisticated words thinly veiling you hating on people who don't share your opinion.

You don't know me in any way. I don't fit in any crowd. I don't want to and I don't care. I told you enough times I showed you evidence you keep going on with the same points forever and ever. As I said before. OTC 3ball.

Honest answer: How often did you go out in 2020?

^ One giant cope.

And to answer your question at the end: As soon as those free pandemic checks started coming in last summer, while you and most people were huddling up with your teddy bears with the bedroom windows shut tight, I immediately booked a flight to Vegas and spent the summer there :lol

Even Vegas was somewhat shut down, so that was disappointing, but there was more to do than in most places.

And look at that, Im still alive to tell the tale.

Remarkable.

Overdrive
05-28-2021, 07:04 PM
^ One giant cope.

And to answer your question at the end: As soon as those free pandemic checks started coming in last summer, while you and most people were huddling up with your teddy bears with the bedroom windows shut tight, I immediately booked a flight to Vegas and spent the summer there :lol

Even Vegas was somewhat shut down, so that was disappointing, but there was more to do than in most places.

And look at that, Im still alive to tell the tale.

Remarkable.

First time you got money in quite some time, right? And those were government handouts. All you did was go to another place to don't do anything at all. :lol

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2021, 07:20 PM
First time you got money in quite some time, right? And those were government handouts. All you did was go to another place to don't do anything at all. :lol

I was making gig economy money prior to that. Renting out Airbnbs, driving Uber/Lyft, buying and reselling goods online. Some of which I was able to continue doing, but because I had documented income as a driver when Uber/Lyft shut down, the gov offered me money. I didnt ask for everyone to get scared of the scamdemic or to shut down rideshares. People like you enabled that, but of course I took the money that was offered.

And isn't that something you believe in anyway? Free, unconditional money from the government? So what's the beef? Seems youre just reaching for some kind of deflection.

I'm not the guy who was obedient to the whims of Big Interest, and mechanically called everyone Nazis who dared disagree with their own oppression.

That was you, big guy.

Overdrive
05-28-2021, 07:52 PM
I was making gig economy money prior to that. Renting out Airbnbs, driving Uber/Lyft, buying and reselling goods online. Some of which I was able to continue doing, but because I had documented income as a driver when Uber/Lyft shut down, the gov offered me money. I didnt ask for everyone to get scared of the scamdemic or to shut down rideshares. People like you enabled that, but of course I took the money that was offered.

People like me. In my country transportation services were seen as critical infrastructure and never been shut down. :lol

And isn't that something you believe in anyway? Free, unconditional money from the government? So what's the beef? Seems youre just reaching for some kind of deflection.

Nope. I believe UBI will become a necessity in the future because of industry 4.0. But you have to tax the very same people you believe I'm obedient to. Don't tax their wealth. Tax machinery. It's what keeps people from findng jobs. Either this or produce less people.

I'm not the guy who was obedient to the whims of Big Interest, and mechanically called everyone Nazis who dared disagree with their own oppression.

That was you, big guy.

Your reading comprehension is non existent. I called those artists out, because they let themselves be instrumentalized by a far far right wing political party who had Hitler admires in high ranks.

Few days after the discussion it turned out that one of the two initiators is actually linked to the party. So no correlation it was actually orchestrated by them. Before you cry out it was even published by conservative newspapers.

You don't even know my stance on all the measures taken, because I barely posted about it, but you asume anything, because I'm "the enemy".

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2021, 08:23 PM
People like me. In my country transportation services were seen as critical infrastructure and never been shut down. :lol

Nope. I believe UBI will become a necessity in the future because of industry 4.0. But you have to tax the very same people you believe I'm obedient to. Don't tax their wealth. Tax machinery. It's what keeps people from findng jobs. Either this or produce less people.

Your reading comprehension is non existent. I called those artists out, because they let themselves be instrumentalized by a far far right wing political party who had Hitler admires in high ranks.

Few days after the discussion it turned out that one of the two initiators is actually linked to the party. So no correlation it was actually orchestrated by them. Before you cry out it was even published by conservative newspapers.

You don't even know my stance on all the measures taken, because I barely posted about it, but you asume anything, because I'm "the enemy".

Sorry bruder but I remember the exact things youve posted.

I remember you explained your refusal to criticize manipulative practice by George Soros... because hes jewish. That was your point blank reasoning. “People who criticize him over here are Nazis.”

And thats why you criticized actors for speaking out about lockdowns. Who cares what their affiliation is? The issue is about government deception and oppression, not whether someone is a Nazi. You chose your views based on a FEAR of being called a Nazi. This is a recurring theme with you.

You consistently cried and derided the Orange Man. When asked which of his policy views has you so dead set against him, you admit you dont really know and mutter some kind of deflection. You only criticize him in generic terms because the media TELLS you Trump is for Nazis, and you want everyone to see and know youre “progressive!”

Youre even in politics threads condescending southern states and rural Americans and so on when you dont even live here or have anything to do with them. Youre obviously a bandwagoning nerd who is trying to mimic and parrot the template of “enlightenment” thats been presented to you in the media. Im better than these people bc theyre teh nazis, and mustache man bad! Media tolded me so!

And thats why you insisted Covid was a serious and scary thing and that it was dangerous and offensive not to #mask up and so on. I remember the conversations bro. You cant rewrite history here. You're always on the establishment side. Youve been on a string for Big Interest while claiming to be some kind of “workers champion” :lol Because they have strategically “gaslighted” you with manipulation, to make you think your so-called beliefs align with theirs. When actually theyve conditioned beliefs into you that are advantageous to them.

n00bie
05-28-2021, 09:34 PM
Who said I was blaming them?

I was blaming you.

Bill Gate doesn't bother me at all. He lives in your head rent free tho.

Overdrive
05-28-2021, 09:42 PM
Sorry bruder but I remember the exact things youve posted.

I remember you explained your refusal to criticize manipulative practice by George Soros... because hes jewish. That was your point blank reasoning. “People who criticize him over here are Nazis.”

Nope, I said the fascists and far right wingers use him as a proxy for their anti semitic agenda. Not Because they do this they're nazis. I also didn't and still have no opinion on him, because I simply don't care enough about him to dig deeper. Never said I won't criticize him, because I could be seen as a Nazi.

And thats why you criticized actors for speaking out about lockdowns. Who cares what their affiliation is? The issue is about government deception and oppression, not whether someone is a Nazi. You chose your views based on a FEAR of being called a Nazi. This is a recurring theme with you.

I said they got instrumentalized and didn't want to be used and hence backpaddled. I never said I wouldn't criticize the government, because I could be seen as a Nazi. That's what you're getting from your warped, paranoid perspective.

I already told you I'll still listen to Iced Earth.
One of my ideas to further integration aligned with a proposition by Jörg Haider - wiki him if you like.
I'm all for putting license plates on bicycles. Guess which party is the only one who made that proposal.

You consistently cried and derided the Orange Man. When asked which of his policy views has you so dead set against him, you admit you dont really know and mutter some kind of deflection. You only criticize him in generic terms because the media TELLS you Trump is for Nazis, and you want everyone to see and know youre “progressive!”

I never said OMB, I stated several times, that no action he takes(took) has(d) any influence on my life and mostly think he's amusing. You can dig up those posts. I also once said you're a commie, because Trumps views on empowering the classical industrial rust belt worker is more socialistic than anything any other candidate dem or rep did in recent years. I made fun of him when he suggested to intake desinfectants. That's all.

Youre even in politics threads condescending southern states and rural Americans and so on when you dont even live here or have anything to do with them. Youre obviously a bandwagoning nerd who is trying to mimic and parrot the template of “enlightenment” thats been presented to you in the media. Im better than these people bc theyre teh nazis, and mustache man bad! Media tolded me so!

Where did I. I spoke out against vigilantism and gun culture and that's global. Never did I say southerners are idiots or anything like that.

And thats why you insisted Covid was a serious and scary thing and that it was dangerous and offensive not to #mask up and so on. I remember the conversations bro. You cant rewrite history here. You're always on the establishment side. Youve been on a string for Big Interest while claiming to be some kind of “workers champion” :lol Because they have strategically “gaslighted” you with manipulation, to make you think your so-called beliefs align with theirs. When actually theyve conditioned beliefs into you that are advantageous to them.

I'm an industrial worker, I don't like the government(again for like the 500th time), there was even a thread were I explained that wearing fabric masks is useless at your worklplace unless you change it every 10 to 20 minutes - we have an office building on our areal and I had to argue with a karen-esque secretary there about that, while I was ordered to repair their underfloor heating - mostly alone, seperated from them.

Part of my job requires me to work within explosive or dusty areas and hence requiring me to wear either dust(N95 in the US) or gas filtering masks. What I said is that because of that experience I know that N95 won't cut off oxygen intake like some anti maskers portrayed and as said using fabric masks for longer periods of time is bullshit.

I just don't see the inconvenience to put it on in the supermarket. Honestly who cares. I don't get why you should wear a mask entering a restaurant, but take it off at the table. It's useless AF. There are enough stupid laws and executive orders(they're called slightly different here, but same concept) out there that don't make sense - covid or not, but I won't lump all of them together, because x is pro my agenda and y is not. That's your thing - black & white thinking.

Cleverness
05-28-2021, 10:26 PM
Honestly why do you spend so much time hating on successful people?

True. Covid-19 itself wasn't bad at all. Hospitals were emptier in 2020 than 2019 and the people who died with Covid-19 actually lived longer than people who died without it. How many young healthy children died from Covid-19 last year? How many died from other causes?

Re-read OP's posts again; the simple fact that Bill Gates is rich isn't what OP is hating on.

Also, Bill Gates uses his $ and power to influence policies that **** us over - another reason why OP hates Bill Gates' bullshit.

The stock market briefly crashed, but the gov't lockdowns & handouts to the tune of TRILLIONS of dollars is what made many people rich... or should I say, made the super rich even richer.

Cleverness
05-28-2021, 10:27 PM
FultzNationRISE on point :applause:

@ Overdrive, the US Gov't still recommends (and in some settings, requires) two year olds to wear masks. If you have some peer reviewed papers on how many lives that's saved so far, please share.

In fact, how many masks have been worn in the US so far? How many infections have they prevented so far? Please, break it down by type of masks for us too, if you can.

And, if available, how many infections have been prevented by travel bans on China, Europe, and now India?

What do you think the gov't should have done in April 2020 when field hospitals were torn down and Navy ships sailed out?

Overdrive
05-28-2021, 10:38 PM
FultzNationRISE on point :applause:

@ Overdrive, the US Gov't still recommends (and in some settings, requires) two year olds to wear masks. If you have some peer reviewed papers on how many lives that's saved so far, please share.

In fact, how many masks have been worn in the US so far? How many infections have they prevented so far? Please, break it down by type of masks for us too, if you can.

And, if available, how many infections have been prevented by travel bans on China, Europe, and now India?

What do you think the gov't should have done in April 2020 when field hospitals were torn down and Navy ships sailed out?

You know very well know that scientific methods can't give any reasonable number how many cases were prevented by masks. That's why you keep bringing this very same question. They can state that an N95 lowers the emissions of droplets above diameter x by y percent and thus lowers chances for infections. It's not rocket science. Pretty simple concept.

I don't know - governments obviously didn't have a clue either and still don't have much more as of today

Cleverness
05-28-2021, 11:13 PM
can't give any reasonable number how many cases were prevented by masks.

It's common sense that forcing two year olds to wear cloth masks right now is bullshit. Seems like you're having a difficult time acknowledging that.

You know very well know that scientific methods can't give any reasonable number how many cases were prevented by masks.

We can estimate a reasonable number of infections prevented by masks so far. We can also estimate the number of masks worn in the US so far. You should know that we can do these things.

We know that counties that reported high mask use show no statistical difference from counties that reported low mask use (https://twitter.com/LH_Banker/status/1375029023919722497). We also know there is no statistically significant difference in Covid-19 infections between schools with mask mandates and schools without mask mandates. This should help guide you to a reasonable number of how many cumulative infections have been prevented by masks so far (answer: ~0).

They can state that properly wearing a fitted N95 in a particular setting lowers the emissions of droplets above diameter x by y percent in a particular lab experiment, and thus may lower chances of being infected in that particular time/place by z percent, assuming that transmission is driven largely by droplets. However, factors other than masks may influence overall transmission so much so that the overall decrease in infections over a 12 month period is roughly zero.

ftfy.

I don't know - governments obviously didn't have a clue either and still don't have much more as of today

Here's what we all knew: field hospitals were being torn down, Navy ships sailing out, a hospitalization rate a tiny fraction of predicted, a vaccine with an ETA of 18 months, a median age of death above average life expectancy, a virus completely widespread throughout the country, and we were detecting roughly 1 in 10 infections... still have no clue what to do? :lol

Gov't: "Hey guys, we have 'no clue'. Let's force hundreds of millions of people to 'social distance', mask up, shut down schools, ban travel, and handout trillions of dollars to people of our choosing. Also, there are huge costs involved, no known benefits, and no achievable goal or objective, so it will run on indefinitely. What do you think?"

Overdrive: I don't know.

Cleverness: That sounds ****ing retarded and corrupt as shit; let's NOT do that.

*13 months later*

Overdrive: I don't know. Still don't know!

Cleverness: ****ing retarded and corrupt as shit; cut the bullshit.

Fultz likes to take it one step further and goes into why, which I like.

n00bie
05-28-2021, 11:28 PM
It's common sense that forcing two year olds to wear cloth masks right now is bullshit. Seems like you're having a difficult time acknowledging that.

No one can say for certainty if masks helped our situation or not. Would cases have gone higher with more deaths without masks? Or would it have been the same? Nobody knows and anyone that says they do are liars.

All I know is that masks were little to no inconvenience to me except for 1 time that I forgot to bring one. The store gave me 1 for free tho.

My 3 year old loves wearing her masks because it's got cool designs. Makes it feel like halloween everyday.

All I'm saying is helpful or not, its not a big deal. Some people make it seem like a mask is literally the end of the world.

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2021, 11:31 PM
No one can say for certainty if masks helped our situation or not. Would cases have gone higher with more deaths without masks? Or would it have been the same? Nobody knows and anyone that says they do are liars.

All I know is that masks were little to no inconvenience to me except for 1 time that I forgot to bring one. The store gave me 1 for free tho.

My 3 year old loves wearing her masks because it's got cool designs. Makes it feel like halloween everyday.

All I'm saying is helpful or not, its not a big deal. Some people make it seem like a mask is literally the end of the world.

The point is, there is/was no situation.

The reaction was ENTIRELY a political ruse to make sweeping changes domestically and globally.

Changes which you as a citizen, and as a man, were not offered any say in. Changes that were unilaterally enacted by the world's most powerful people, with the unwitting aid of the world's most gullible people.

I just find it strange how few people are bothered by that. It's a real eye opener as far as the truth of the human condition.

Cleverness
05-28-2021, 11:52 PM

I'm not sure you understand... the burden of proof for mask mandates is not on the defendants, but rather on those on the side of mandating them. To place an injunction on hundreds of millions of people and rob them of their liberty, you must have solid proof/reason. As you admit, nobody knows.

Furthermore, it may have not been "a big deal" to you in your daily life, but we're talking about hundreds of millions of people who don't share the same feelings about wearing a mask (sometimes 40+ hours/wk for over a year) and other costs you may not have considered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZQicpIY0zs start at 8:27. You may not agree with everything, but he makes some good points, and I don't think you can deny that forcing everyone to wear masks all the time changes a culture/society.

Outside of societal costs, labor costs, material costs, shipping costs, etc, ... HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS of masks are being used and thrown away. Maybe we should also consider environmental factors?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493224-Study-129-000-000-000-face-masks-used-every-month

... and all of this for something that, as you admit, may or may not have had any health benefits at all.

Cleverness
05-28-2021, 11:54 PM

The reaction was ENTIRELY a political ruse to make sweeping changes domestically and globally.

Changes which you as a citizen, and as a man, were not offered any say in. Changes that were unilaterally enacted by the world's most powerful people, with the unwitting aid of the world's most gullible people.

I just find it strange how few people are bothered by that. It's a real eye opener as far as the truth of the human condition.

You're always at least one step ahead. These guys are still on step 1. :lol

n00bie
05-29-2021, 01:09 AM
I'm not sure you understand... the burden of proof for mask mandates is not on the defendants, but rather on those on the side of mandating them. To place an injunction on hundreds of millions of people and rob them of their liberty, you must have solid proof/reason. As you admit, nobody knows.

Furthermore, it may have not been "a big deal" to you in your daily life, but we're talking about hundreds of millions of people who don't share the same feelings about wearing a mask (sometimes 40+ hours/wk for over a year) and other costs you may not have considered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZQicpIY0zs start at 8:27. You may not agree with everything, but he makes some good points, and I don't think you can deny that forcing everyone to wear masks all the time changes a culture/society.

Outside of societal costs, labor costs, material costs, shipping costs, etc, ... HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS of masks are being used and thrown away. Maybe we should also consider environmental factors?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493224-Study-129-000-000-000-face-masks-used-every-month

... and all of this for something that, as you admit, may or may not have had any health benefits at all.

Yep I understand your frustration if you have to work 40+ hours with a mask on. I was never in that situation so I get why you'd be frustrated.

Thing is I have friends working as bank tellers / restaurants and they all feel safer with a mask on. Does it actually protect em? Probably not since a mask is meant to protect others and not yourself.. but they actually feel safer while working in public during a pandemic.

I guess what I'm saying is it goes both ways..

n00bie
05-29-2021, 01:12 AM

I guess what I'm trying to say is I dont understand why world leaders would go through so much trouble just to make us wear a mask. What does that do? It doesnt even prove that citizens will listen to their every command. The only reason why everyone does it because masks just arent a big deal.

Now.. if the govt tells us all to cut off a finger because that will prevent covid. Tell me how many people will listen?

PistonsFan#21
05-29-2021, 02:02 AM
I guess what I'm trying to say is I dont understand why world leaders would go through so much trouble just to make us wear a mask. What does that do? It doesnt even prove that citizens will listen to their every command. The only reason why everyone does it because masks just arent a big deal.

Now.. if the govt tells us all to cut off a finger because that will prevent covid. Tell me how many people will listen?

Masks are just one of the many orders Government has passed. What if the Government told people they can't freely hang out with people from different households? What if the Government told you you can't visit your own parents for Christmas or Easter? What if the Government told you your business is non essential and asks you to shut down while allowing liquor stores and other big stores to remain open? What if the Government gave the cops the authority to pull you over at any time to ask you what you are doing outside and where you are going (they legit tried to pass this order in Ontario, Canada just a few weeks ago until enough people voiced their opinion against it). Governments are legit pushing boundaries and seeing how much they can get away with. Masks mandates are just there to remind the sheep and give them visual proof that this pandemic is still ongoing for as long as they need it to.

Cleverness
05-29-2021, 10:54 AM
My post wasn't about my individual frustration about wearing a mask 40+ hours a week.

It was about placing an injunction on hundreds of millions of people and ignoring burden of proof, the millions of others who don't want to wear them (various reasons), societal costs, and other costs I listed.

Your friends may feel safer, but as Drs Kulldorff, Fauci, Adams, and others said in the past, that may actually increase their risk of infection (though my guess is that it had a net of roughly zero).

bladefd
05-29-2021, 01:54 PM
You know very well know that scientific methods can't give any reasonable number how many cases were prevented by masks. That's why you keep bringing this very same question. They can state that an N95 lowers the emissions of droplets above diameter x by y percent and thus lowers chances for infections. It's not rocket science. Pretty simple concept.

The guy is a moron. Ignore him.

It's comical that someone would ask how many cases have been prevented with masks vs no masks. The only way you would know for sure is if you had an alternate universe with everything equal but nobody wearing a mask and running that scenario to the end. Then you can compare a to b. But we don't have that option. We don't know if total deaths would be same or 20% higher with nobody wearing a mask.

Currently, 39% of the US population is fully vaccinated and another 10-15% has at least one vaccine. Vaccines prevent a bunch of the infections as well so we are okay if number of masks slowly drops as number of vaccinated goes up.

All we have available is probability. A n95 mask gets its name because it typically can block 95% of particles over a certain size (I don't know the exact number off the top of my head). Double layered cotton mask is lower percentage than that. These viruses typically travel bunched up and in droplets, which is what masks typically block.

It's all probability that we deal with in science. I know from first hand experience as a biological anthropology minor.

FultzNationRISE
05-29-2021, 02:21 PM
Masks are just one of the many orders Government has passed. What if the Government told people they can't freely hang out with people from different households? What if the Government told you you can't visit your own parents for Christmas or Easter? What if the Government told you your business is non essential and asks you to shut down while allowing liquor stores and other big stores to remain open? What if the Government gave the cops the authority to pull you over at any time to ask you what you are doing outside and where you are going (they legit tried to pass this order in Ontario, Canada just a few weeks ago until enough people voiced their opinion against it). Governments are legit pushing boundaries and seeing how much they can get away with. Masks mandates are just there to remind the sheep and give them visual proof that this pandemic is still ongoing for as long as they need it to.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ecVyXwx1-gDtx1CH_fN2rk41lYM=/0x0:3000x2000/1200x800/filters:focal(1260x760:1740x1240)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/56321017/BreenBang_BUG_Getty_USAToday_Ringer.0.jpg

Some of these boys just prefer livin la vida beta. It’s pathological within them. Their hearts pump soy.

n00bie
05-29-2021, 09:07 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ecVyXwx1-gDtx1CH_fN2rk41lYM=/0x0:3000x2000/1200x800/filters:focal(1260x760:1740x1240)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/56321017/BreenBang_BUG_Getty_USAToday_Ringer.0.jpg

Some of these boys just prefer livin la vida beta. It’s pathological within them. Their hearts pump soy.

It's sad that you spend so much time worried about Bill Gates man. Just live your life.

Cleverness
05-29-2021, 09:56 PM
The guy is a moron. Ignore him.

It's comical that someone would ask how many cases have been prevented with masks vs no masks. The only way you would know for sure is if you had an alternate universe with everything equal but nobody wearing a mask and running that scenario to the end. Then you can compare a to b. But we don't have that option. We don't know if total deaths would be same or 20% higher with nobody wearing a mask.

I don't find it "comical" to discuss the costs and benefits of extremely destructive and costly policies that effect hundreds of millions of people in the US and billions of people around the world.

Nor is it comical to ask (for at least an estimation of) how many masks have been worn and how many infections they've prevented. Nor is it comical to ask for specific goals and objectives of Covid-19 policies.

Vaccines prevent a bunch of the infections as well so we are okay if number of masks slowly drops as number of vaccinated goes up.

As I pointed out earlier, there was no positive correlation between % vaccinated and prevalence of Covid-19 between states.
Post here:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?477454-Official-coronavirus-news-discussion-thread&p=14310117&viewfull=1#post14310117

In that post I quoted another one of your false claims - a common theme on here - and you never followed up... you simply disappeared (again).

Anyways, that's not to say they haven't prevented them, but it'd be more accurate to say that factors other than vaccines (and masks) have largely led to the decline in Covid-19 prevalence in the US.

https://twitter.com/Humble_Analysis/status/1398635487435247616

In both the most and the least vaccinated states the 7 day average case counts per million are down more than 93% from Winter peak.

Even if the vaccines are as effective as claimed, they simply came too late to have had much, if any, impact in the USA.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2e3GQkVoAE3DSN?format=png&name=medium

We can also look at the current Covid-19 case rates in Europe. (https://twitter.com/Humble_Analysis/status/1398003070357831680)

Europe: no correlation between vaccinations and rate of Covid transmission.

Cases, hospitalizations and deaths declining everywhere in Europe regardless of vaccination status.

Current declines are driven everywhere by seasonality (and perhaps herd immunity) not vaccines (yet).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2aKSPMVEAg4-Pg?format=png&name=medium

All we have available is probability. A n95 mask gets its name because it typically can block 95% of particles over a certain size (I don't know the exact number off the top of my head). Double layered cotton mask is lower percentage than that. These viruses typically travel bunched up and in droplets, which is what masks typically block.

It's all probability that we deal with in science. I know from first hand experience as a biological anthropology minor.

We have a lot more than probability and the hypotheses that you've presented. We have a plethora of observational data to analyze.

Axe
05-29-2021, 10:01 PM
I don't find it "comical" to discuss the costs and benefits of extremely destructive and costly policies that effect hundreds of millions of people in the US and billions of people around the world.

Nor is it comical to ask (for at least an estimation of) how many masks have been worn and how many infections they've prevented. Nor is it comical to ask for specific goals and objectives of Covid-19 policies.

As I pointed out earlier, there was no positive correlation between % vaccinated and prevalence of Covid-19 between states.
Post here:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?477454-Official-coronavirus-news-discussion-thread&p=14310117&viewfull=1#post14310117

In that post I quoted another one of your false claims - a common theme on here - and you never followed up... you simply disappeared (again).

Anyways, that's not to say they haven't prevented them, but it'd be more accurate to say that factors other than vaccines (and masks) have largely led to the decline in Covid-19 prevalence in the US.

https://twitter.com/Humble_Analysis/status/1398635487435247616

We can also look at the current Covid-19 case rates in Europe. (https://twitter.com/Humble_Analysis/status/1398003070357831680)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2aKSPMVEAg4-Pg?format=png&name=medium

We have a lot more than probability and the hypotheses that you've presented. We have a plethora of observational data to analyze.
:lol

Cleverness
05-30-2021, 01:05 AM

Imagine if someone in 2019 said that Donald Trump would shut down the country, ban travel on Europe and Asia, and declare a National State of Emergency to usher in ~$10 trillion of federal spending (in less than a 2 year period) for a widespread, (endemic) coronavirus with a median age of death above average life expectancy... and brag about how it is saving millions of lives.

People would call all of it ****ing crazy.

But nope. It happened. And people call it The Science™.

Shooter
05-30-2021, 10:14 AM
Imagine if someone in 2019 said that Donald Trump would shut down the country, ban travel on Europe and Asia, and declare a National State of Emergency to usher in ~$10 trillion of federal spending (in less than a 2 year period) for a widespread, (endemic) coronavirus with a median age of death above average life expectancy... and brag about how it is saving millions of lives.

People would call all of it ****ing crazy.

But nope. It happened. And people call it The Science™.

+1

The media would have material to bash Trump for the next 20 years if he did this. But if Joe Bidenmentia does it it's A-Okay.