PDA

View Full Version : Prime Dirk Notowski on the MAVS now or Luka?

TAZORAC
05-27-2021, 03:06 PM
Some players peak early, I don't think LUKA is going to get any better, in fact he may get worse being that he's only 21/22 and has a little weight issue already.

That being said, if you could remove Luka right now and replace him with Dirk, do you think the Mavericks are a better team, equal or worse?

FultzNationRISE
05-27-2021, 03:16 PM
Luka.

Notowski was a great player but I think he was a bit easier to get off his game. It was pretty well known for a while that undersized, aggressive defenders could fluster Dirk a bit. His reputation changed pretty dramatically after that one incredible title run, but before that it was somewhat mixed. Sometimes clutch, sometimes... soft.

I havent yet seen people lock down or tilt Luka (in terms of his game, I realize he tilts emotionally all the time) in a way they sometimes could with Notawsky.

kentatm
05-27-2021, 03:17 PM
The offense would likely be more efficient but less explosive.

Hard to say though b/c this team is built around Luka. I also don't think KP would necessarily work as well as a running mate w/Dirk.

If you traded put KP for Dirk though? It's a Finals team no doubt. Dirk's high post game is so much better than what KP does when he tries to make post moves. KP is terrible at trying to dribble while backing somebody down.

ShawkFactory
05-27-2021, 03:21 PM
Luka.

Notowski was a great player but I think he was a bit easier to get off his game. It was pretty well known for a while that undersized, aggressive defenders could fluster Dirk a bit. His reputation changed pretty dramatically after that one incredible title run, but before that it was somewhat mixed. Sometimes clutch, sometimes... soft.

I havent yet seen people lock down or tilt Luka (in terms of his game, I realize he tilts emotionally all the time) in a way they sometimes could with Notawsky.

His greatest move was also the drive left and spin/fade, which people could easily neutralize with a weakside double. He expanded his repertoire as he got older but MVP Dirk had weaknesses.

kentatm
05-27-2021, 03:22 PM
His greatest move was also the drive left and spin/fade, which people could easily neutralize with a weakside double. He expanded his repertoire as he got older but MVP Dirk had weaknesses.

MVP Dirk wasn't his peak. He was probably at his very best around 2008-2009. His game and move set was essentially fully formed by then and he still had a lot of his athleticism.

ArbitraryWater
05-27-2021, 03:43 PM
Still have to take 2006, 2009-2011 Dirk for now, but, not for long..

Hey Yo
05-27-2021, 04:09 PM
By far the worst attempt at spelling Nowitzki I've ever seen.

Jesus

ArbitraryWater
05-27-2021, 04:16 PM
By far the worst attempt at spelling Nowitzki I've ever seen.

Jesus

he does it on purpose

not the first time he's done it

Smoke117
05-27-2021, 04:21 PM
The game has changed so much that these kind of comparisons are pointless. Nowitzki’s numbers would obviously go up, but who could say by how much and what his overall impact would be.

Phoenix
05-27-2021, 04:39 PM
How can we possibly know that Luka won't continue to improve? The guy has played 3 seasons, 2 of which were basically shorter than usual due to covid. He basically has just over 2 seasons worth of NBA experience and already a top 10 player( lower end of top ten to be clear). Things like shot selection, game management/decision making, shooting, all those things can improve with time. His body and athleticism can also improve as he grows into his man body and has several years of NBA level training and science behind him. He hasn't peaked yet,at all.

Doomsday Dallas
05-27-2021, 09:02 PM
I put Luka on Magic Johnson's level.

so who was better? Magic Johnson or Dirk? Obviously Magic was better.

This kid is just a basketball God, no offense to Dirk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM2naUMnPEA

Sportal
05-27-2021, 09:09 PM
Some players peak early, I don't think LUKA is going to get any better, in fact he may get worse being that he's only 21/22 and has a little weight issue already.

That being said, if you could remove Luka right now and replace him with Dirk, do you think the Mavericks are a better team, equal or worse?

Really? Idk, Chief.

ArbitraryWater
05-28-2021, 03:22 AM
I put Luka on Magic Johnson's level.

so who was better? Magic Johnson or Dirk? Obviously Magic was better.

This kid is just a basketball God, no offense to Dirk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM2naUMnPEA

yes

HylianNightmare
05-28-2021, 03:23 AM
Lukas gonna be the goat

Cold soul
05-28-2021, 03:33 AM
Luka is on pace to be better player than prime Dirk.

TAZORAC
05-28-2021, 03:13 PM
The offense would likely be more efficient but less explosive.

Hard to say though b/c this team is built around Luka. I also don't think KP would necessarily work as well as a running mate w/Dirk.

If you traded put KP for Dirk though? It's a Finals team no doubt. Dirk's high post game is so much better than what KP does when he tries to make post moves. KP is terrible at trying to dribble while backing somebody down.

Nice way to hijack my thread, we know Dirk is better then KP, I said who's makes the MAVS better right now, Dirk or Luka

kentatm
05-28-2021, 03:36 PM
Nice way to hijack my thread, we know Dirk is better then KP, I said who's makes the MAVS better right now, Dirk or Luka

I answered your OP in the first three sentences brah.

W/ Dirk The offense would likely be more efficient but less explosive. Hard to say though b/c this team is built around Luka. I also don't think KP would necessarily work as well as a running mate w/Dirk.

light
05-28-2021, 03:52 PM
Luka > Dirk always and forever

I love Dirk but Luka is another level.