PDA

View Full Version : I think its time to allow players to punch fans

Nike D'Antoni
05-27-2021, 09:50 PM
In Philly, a fan poured popcorn at Russ.

In NYC, a fan spits on Trae.

In Utah, a fan-made a horrifyingly racist comment to Ja’s dad.

Should NBA allow players to hit the fans?

ImKobe
05-27-2021, 09:53 PM
Yes. Each team should be allowed to pick and fight one fan per game.

Axe
05-27-2021, 09:53 PM
:milton

FultzNationRISE
05-27-2021, 09:59 PM
I've been saying this all along.

Altho you can't let players into the stands, because they might go after the wrong guy.

But if the camera confirms something like spitting (gtfo crying about popcorn throwing) each arena should have a designated cage for dragging the fan to until the game is over, at which point the aggrieved player is allowed 10 seconds in the cage with the fan before it gets broken up.

You do the crime, you do the time. That simple.

Doomsday Dallas
05-27-2021, 10:10 PM
In Philly, a fan poured popcorn at Russ.

it's popcorn... it's not like it was a whip cream pie or a bunch of tomatoes thrown at him, or even a beer poured on him, we're talking about a few pieces of popcorn that bounced right off of him.

of all the things that can make a person lose their cool... you're gonna lose your mind because a few pieces of popcorn bounced off your skin?

There are some things you need to let slide... and having a few kernels of popcorn bounce of your head is one of them.

FultzNationRISE
05-27-2021, 10:14 PM
it's popcorn... it's not like it was a whip cream pie or a bunch of tomatoes thrown at him, or even a beer poured on him, we're talking about a few pieces of popcorn that bounced right off of him.

of all the things that can make a person lose their cool... you're gonna lose your mind because a few pieces of popcorn bounced off your skin?

There are some things you need to let slide... and having a few kernels of popcorn bounce of your head is one of them.

Exactly. WB is such a drama queen tool.

Didnt some fan last year yell “get on your knees” and he cried in the media it was somehow racist??

Smh. Dude is such a woman.

iamgine
05-27-2021, 10:16 PM
No, just let the NBA and its team of high priced lawyers sue the fans.

FultzNationRISE
05-27-2021, 10:18 PM
No, just let the NBA and its team of high priced lawyers sue the fans.

It wouldnt be worth the cost of legal fees to sue the average fan :lol

iamgine
05-27-2021, 10:31 PM
It wouldnt be worth the cost of legal fees to sue the average fan :lol

Make sure the fan go to jail or processed by cops. it's a small price to pay for deterrent and give the players some relief.

insight
05-27-2021, 10:35 PM
No, they just need to shows a picture of the fan along with their name and where they work. Players get called out by the media and news fans who act crazy should be called out in public too.

Jasper
05-27-2021, 11:04 PM
fans that follow commi -Trump actions should be ejected from their seats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFyswXc5aHQ

Code Breaker
05-27-2021, 11:23 PM

Altho you can't let players into the stands, because they might go after the wrong guy.

But if the camera confirms something like spitting (gtfo crying about popcorn throwing) each arena should have a designated cage for dragging the fan to until the game is over, at which point the aggrieved player is allowed 10 seconds in the cage with the fan before it gets broken up.

This isn't that bad of an idea :roll:

BigShotBob
05-28-2021, 01:43 AM
Most fans who disrespect players in an egregious manner get banned for life.

scuzzy
05-28-2021, 01:47 AM
Most fans who disrespect players in an egregious manner get banned for life.

The last time we threw bottles on the field, the league banned serving alcohol to Browns fans after halftime for 10 years :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-teMkx2vgA

Lebron23
05-28-2021, 02:07 AM
3 utah jazz who said racist stuff on Ja Morant were also banned from attending Games.

Jay-B
05-28-2021, 01:51 PM
Fun fact ; The 2004 Indiana Pacers don’t acknowledge this rule.

ArbitraryWater
05-28-2021, 02:17 PM
Lmao

Joey Turnbuckle
05-28-2021, 02:20 PM
Wtf lol

PeroAntic
05-28-2021, 02:26 PM
Hell no. The players are millionaires. Take the abuse and shut up. These things happen in Europe all the time. Unless its a physical attack, its nothing. Insults, popcorn, beer throwing, papers, even spitting, anything goes.

Kblaze8855
05-28-2021, 02:41 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BountifulAccomplishedAlaskankleekai-size_restricted.gif

No ejection. No suspension. Top 3-4 series ever played.

One of many things that makes many who remember that time call it the golden age.

scuzzy
05-28-2021, 02:46 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BountifulAccomplishedAlaskankleekai-size_restricted.gif

No ejection. No suspension. Top 3-4 series ever played.

One of many things that makes many who remember that time call it the golden age.
Do you consider fans dropping N bombs and treating players like circus monkeys the golden age?

baudkarma
05-28-2021, 05:24 PM
Hell no. The players are millionaires. Take the abuse and shut up. These things happen in Europe all the time. Unless its a physical attack, its nothing. Insults, popcorn, beer throwing, papers, even spitting, anything goes.

What does the players salary have to do with anything? I'm pretty sure that if somebody walked up to you and spit in your face that you wouldn't just "take the abuse and shut up". But you expect players to just suck it up because hey, they get paid a lot.

PeroAntic
05-28-2021, 05:28 PM
What does the players salary have to do with anything? I'm pretty sure that if somebody walked up to you and spit in your face that you wouldn't just "take the abuse and shut up". But you expect players to just suck it up because hey, they get paid a lot.
If I earned that much money because thousands of people are coming to watch me, and in the case of away games, hate me, Id suck it up knowing that once in a while things might get nasty. It comes with the territory. You don't fight with the audience thats one of the first rules.

KirbyPls
05-28-2021, 06:09 PM

I need to see you in my office immediately.

Thank you.

baudkarma
05-28-2021, 08:24 PM
If fans are allowed to get away with that sort of behavior, then it's not going to get nasty once in a while. It's going to be nasty all the time. Fans will be spitting and throwing popcorn and beer on every person who uses the tunnel between the court and the visiting locker room. Home team players could face something similar if there are visiting team fans in the arena. And then you can have fans from both teams tossing stuff at each other because it's just popcorn and beer, right? And maybe some spit? A little urine? All perfectly harmless.

I am not suggesting that players should fight fans. That would be stupid. I am saying that fans who throw things onto the court or at other people should be immediately ejected and banned from the arena. Russ had no intention of going up to fight the idiot who threw popcorn at him. But he knew that by overreacting, he would make the incident impossible to ignore. So we had SAS and Shaq and Chuck and probably twelve dozen other sports talkers all weighing in and giving their opinions and saying how this sort of thing is unacceptable. Now the NBA has to do something about it, don't they? They can't just brush it off and hope it goes away.

imdaman99
05-28-2021, 08:27 PM
If I earned that much money because thousands of people are coming to watch me, and in the case of away games, hate me, Id suck it up knowing that once in a while things might get nasty. It comes with the territory. You don't fight with the audience thats one of the first rules.

Horrible take. Just because they are famous and millionaires doesn't mean they aren't humans with feelings. I'm sorry they are not emotionless robots that are supposed to tune everything out. And some arenas, their families are targeted as well. Ja's fam experienced that in Utah... and it's not like Ja is some unlikeable dude that has beefed with them for years either.

DoctorP
05-28-2021, 08:39 PM
I support this idea.

The Pacers were a pioneer in the field.

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2021, 09:02 PM
I need to see you in my office immediately.

Thank you.

:lebronamazed:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/366b3a05a3c72247c44ba25595896b82/tumblr_p2d8jiRZHq1wlsjfso6_250.gifv

Im so nba'd out
05-28-2021, 09:51 PM

People like you are the main people who call the cops when the neighbors have been loud for too long :oldlol: .yet got the nerve to type that bs out you wrote. "its just popcorn, just deal with it bro"

you would wine and cry like a bch if some customer came up to you and dumped popcorn on your head cause they were mad....like a pure be otch....i just know it

"Hello 911! i was just assaulted!!!!"

FireDavidKahn
05-28-2021, 10:09 PM
If they want to get charged with assault.