PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody stopping the Nets from being Champions this post-season?

hold this L
05-28-2021, 06:57 AM
When Harden joined, we all see an already amazing team get much better. They look incredible on the court with just 2 of the 3 stars, particularly when Harden is on. They have the greatest iso scoring team ever assembled and the most likely the greatest attacking talent ever assembled as well. Harden is one of the best playmakers and scorers in the last 20 years, KD, Kyrie are iso kings and Harris who is the best 3P spot up shooter in the league this year.

Only downsides is lack of chemistry since these guys have barely played together, but will it matter when the talent is overwhelming vs any other team they play against? Is anybody stopping these guys from becoming champions this year, and why if you believe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHytqDhPVgE

This video has a solid breakdown over the tsunami that is about to run through the NBA.

LeCola
05-28-2021, 07:27 AM
Only Nets can stop Nets.

Sulico
05-28-2021, 07:32 AM
76ers will beat them in 6 if Nets can get past Milwaukee, and thats a big if.

SouBeachTalents
05-28-2021, 09:36 AM
They have the talent to thug the league, but I'm reserving judgement until they face an actual contender. Plus it's not like Durant & Kyrie are known for their durability. On paper they have the potential to be an ATG team, but they've played so few games together I need more than a 2 game sample size against a 7 seed to know for sure

Phoenix
05-28-2021, 09:55 AM
I'm looking forward to the inevitable Bucks vs Nets matchup. The Nets at full strength haven't been tested yet.

Airupthere
05-28-2021, 09:58 AM
I'm not sure now if they can beat the Bucks. Even if they do, I'm sure they don't beat the Lakers in the finals.

ralph_i_el
05-28-2021, 10:01 AM
These Bucks are the best team to possibly defend them from a personnel standpoint.

The 6ers have Embiid who nobody on the Nets has a chance of hanging with.

I could easily see the Nets lose before the finals.

Phoenix
05-28-2021, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure now if they can beat the Bucks. Even if they do, I'm sure they don't beat the Lakers in the finals.

Bucks are probably the best matchup top to bottom. And they're also a KD/Harden injury or Kyrie 'I need time off for personal shit' away from being taken down a peg.

tpols
05-28-2021, 10:55 AM
The Nets main weakness is rebounding and size in their frontcourt. They have absolutely nobody to guard AD. Whose going to do it? Jeff Green? Blake Griffin? In the playoffs they ve been starting Blake at center and Durant at PF. That simply doesn't work vs Drummond and Davis. They'll get killed on the glass and in the paint. On offense there good but they need stops too.

Same argument can apply to Giannis and Embiid.