05-29-2021, 01:27 AM
Let me look at the highlights and I'll let you know in 5 min

3ball
05-29-2021, 01:35 AM
Did you guys ever watch MJ play... :facepalm:

AirBonner
05-29-2021, 01:36 AM
Let me look at the highlights and I'll let you know in 5 min

He’s had four 50+ Pt games in the last month. His fadeaway shot with durants hand in his face was ice cold

ZionDunks
05-29-2021, 01:52 AM
He’s definitely the closest thing to Kobe we have seen.

3ball
05-29-2021, 02:08 AM
He’s had four 50+ Pt games in the last month. His fadeaway shot with durants hand in his face was ice cold

Jordan's pure scoring jumpshot over Rodman is far superior

And Jordan scored 46 of 99 points, while Tatum was carried by comparison (50 of 125 points)

Cyrus334
05-29-2021, 02:10 AM

And Jordan scored 46 of 99 points, while Tatum was carried by comparison (50 of 125 points)

You do know they make these kinds of topics just to get a reaction out of you, right?

3ball
05-29-2021, 02:14 AM
You do know they make these kinds of topics just to get a reaction out of you, right?

Yes we entertain each other

Organic fun is the best

HBK_Kliq_2
05-29-2021, 02:17 AM
-4.2 BPM coming into game 3 hahhaha goat

Go look at Kawhi's stats when they come in tomorrow and it will be something like: 34 PER, 12BPM, 145 offensive rating.

Now that's GOAT ^^^ papa Kawhi.

Tatum is still not quite there yet but is definitely a good young star and comparable to Luka at this point in their careers.

RRR3
05-29-2021, 02:17 AM

Go look at Kawhi's stats when they come in tomorrow and it will be something like: 34 PER, 12BPM, 145 offensive rating.

Tatum is still not quite there yet but is definitely a good young star and comparable to Luka at this point in their careers.
Kawhi is so goat he can’t even get out of the first round :yaohappy:

ZionDunks
05-29-2021, 02:30 AM

You’re gonna count the game he had his eye poked to support your case ?

Name the Guys with 50/5/5 and 5 triples in a playoff game.

3ball
05-29-2021, 02:31 AM
You’re gonna count the game he had his eye poked to support your case ?

Name the Guys with 50/5/5 and 5 triples in a playoff game.

His team scored 125 points

Jordan scoring 46 of 99 points and the game-winner over Rodman is more impressive

Axe
05-29-2021, 02:37 AM

6/22

Never forget

2much_knowledge
05-29-2021, 02:41 AM
He’s definitely the closest thing to Kobe we have seen.

Minus the defense, swag and spectacular dunks on a nightly basis, then yeah

ZionDunks
05-29-2021, 03:31 AM
Minus the defense, swag and spectacular dunks on a nightly basis, then yeah

He’s got swag. Don’t see many guys playing more defense than him in 2021. NFL isn’t a running back league anymore . Things evolve and change , he’s Kobe

DABIGSALSISHA
05-29-2021, 04:08 AM
His offense is otherworldly

I really wonder about the type of millennial drug used on this forum.. It's for sure some really good, strong stuff for all of ya.

The word GOAT lost it's meaning long time ago here.

8Ball
05-29-2021, 07:00 AM
His offense is otherworldly

Already better player than Reggie Miller :lol

Spurs m8
05-29-2021, 07:06 AM
I really wonder about the type of millennial drug used on this forum.. It's for sure some really good, strong stuff for all of ya.

The word GOAT lost it's meaning long time ago here.

Yep, kids these days hey.

They just don't get it.

AirBonner
05-29-2021, 02:24 PM
Yep, kids these days hey.

They just don't get it.

You have never watched him play

AirBonner
05-29-2021, 02:47 PM

MJ relied on the triangle. But what’s more impressive is Tatum didn’t have a system or anyone setting him up. He isolation’d the Nets to death to get his. Tatum had zero help besides smart and Tristan Thompson offensively. Think about that before realizing they are playing a super team that has Durant, harden, and Kyrie.
Refs gave Brooklyn every call in the 4th quarter, Kemba did his best (he is being paid 34 million a year) to keep Brooklyn as close as possible for his bad shooting, bad turnovers, and bad defense. Celtics needed every bit of Tatum’s 50 to have a chance yesterday and got it done at age 23. He wasn’t being set up from his teammates either giving him wide open shots, it was straight isolation to death to get to 50. That was damn impressive

2much_knowledge
05-29-2021, 03:19 PM
He’s got swag. Don’t see many guys playing more defense than him in 2021. NFL isn’t a running back league anymore . Things evolve and change , he’s Kobe

A much more boring version of Kobe i guess

ZionDunks
05-29-2021, 03:30 PM
A much more boring version of Kobe i guess

Nothing is as good as we remember from nostalgia standpoint.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jayson-tatum-is-the-nb-as-next-great-scoring-legend-070424125.html

2much_knowledge
05-29-2021, 05:03 PM
Nothing is as good as we remember from nostalgia standpoint.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jayson-tatum-is-the-nb-as-next-great-scoring-legend-070424125.html

Video just proved my point more. All 3s, fadeaways and layups. The next Kobe should be a player who wants to he flashy and wants to rip your head off with a dunk every time he can. Tatum can score and its really good but just boring compared to kobe at that same age

Real Men Wear Green
05-29-2021, 07:05 PM
Video just proved my point more. All 3s, fadeaways and layups. The next Kobe should be a player who wants to he flashy and wants to rip your head off with a dunk every time he can. Tatum can score and its really good but just boring compared to kobe at that same age
He's not going to be a Kobe dupe (and the idiot trolling in the OP is just further stupid shit). But here are the key differences why Tatum won't get the dunk-ons that Bryant did.

1: No Shaq. Kobe Bryant had to face the best perimeter defender but you just can't guard a guy as a team the same way when Shaq is in the paint as you can when it's Theis, Baynes, TT, etc...no disrespect to those guys but Shaq is the most unstoppable low post scorer of most of our lifetimes. You don't leave that guy and if anything Bryant could play off of the attention Shaq drew away from the rest of the team. Shaq made the game easier.

2: Young Kobe was a more explosive athlete. He was a dunk champ. his leaping ability was at a high leve, only guys like MJ and VC were noticeably more athletic.

Tatum is taller and could become stronger if he works out hard but fpr now opposing centers being slower to leave Shaq and Bryant's higher level of athleticism means more dunks. Tatum absolutely would love to throw down on people but it's not that simple for him and now that he's becoming a superstar without Shaq to take attention away he's going to have to rely even more on shot making.

light
05-29-2021, 07:34 PM
Tatum is still overrated.

2much_knowledge
05-29-2021, 07:48 PM
He's not going to be a Kobe dupe (and the idiot trolling in the OP is just further stupid shit). But here are the key differences why Tatum won't get the dunk-ons that Bryant did.

1: No Shaq. Kobe Bryant had to face the best perimeter defender but you just can't guard a guy as a team the same way when Shaq is in the paint as you can when it's Theis, Baynes, TT, etc...no disrespect to those guys but Shaq is the most unstoppable low post scorer of most of our lifetimes. You don't leave that guy and if anything Bryant could play off of the attention Shaq drew away from the rest of the team. Shaq made the game easier.

2: Young Kobe was a more explosive athlete. He was a dunk champ. his leaping ability was at a high leve, only guys like MJ and VC were noticeably more athletic.

Tatum is taller and could become stronger if he works out hard but fpr now opposing centers being slower to leave Shaq and Bryant's higher level of athleticism means more dunks. Tatum absolutely would love to throw down on people but it's not that simple for him and now that he's becoming a superstar without Shaq to take attention away he's going to have to rely even more on shot making.

Ok. Nice analysis. Im not criticizing Tatum. I just don't think he's the next Kobe. No resemblance at all appart from scoring and fadeaways

ZionDunks
05-29-2021, 08:36 PM
Ok. Nice analysis. Im not criticizing Tatum. I just don't think he's the next Kobe. No resemblance at all appart from scoring and fadeaways

The scoring and the fadeaways are the resemblance.

No he’s not Kobe döppleganger. No one ever will be. He is the closest thing we will see to Kobe though in terms of three level volume scoring

SATAN
05-29-2021, 09:56 PM

The guy tries to emulate him but it's not really close. Imagine if Tatum came in the league around the same time as Kobe. There would be no comparison. One player is/was far superior.

Manny98
05-30-2021, 08:37 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/MHxHxSjW/giphy-8.gif

Chick Stern
05-31-2021, 12:16 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ek2YF6X.gif

ZionDunks
05-31-2021, 12:36 AM
The guy tries to emulate him but it's not really close. Imagine if Tatum came in the league around the same time as Kobe. There would be no comparison. One player is/was far superior.

Hard to do things across eras like that

BigShotBob
05-31-2021, 01:11 AM

Smoke117
05-31-2021, 01:14 AM