PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Julius Randle's offense in the playoffs?

Lebron23
05-29-2021, 10:01 PM
He's only averaging 14.5 ppg against Atlanta.

PeroAntic
05-29-2021, 10:05 PM
Hes been exposed for his terrible decision making.

ELITEpower23
05-29-2021, 10:08 PM
The playoffs happened. It's his first run so give him a chance he's nothing special. Anyone who thought he'd doing anything in the playoffs otherwise is a moron.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-29-2021, 10:09 PM
He's getting Capela'd

KAT and Toody other victims of 2021 DPOY Clint Capela.

PeroAntic
05-29-2021, 10:11 PM
He's getting Capela'd

KAT and Toody other victims of 2021 DPOY Clint Capela.

This is also true, Capella has been bigger than Trae for the Hawks imo, phenomenal defending three games so far.

Axe
05-30-2021, 03:29 AM
Randle: i get to play damsel-in-distress while you get to play hero!
Rose: deal!

insight
05-30-2021, 04:31 AM
This is also true, Capella has been bigger than Trae for the Hawks imo, phenomenal defending three games so far.
Hunter and John Collins are guarding Julius Randal the majority of the time not Capela. Atlanta is bringing traps from different positions, Randal has struggled getting to his spots and passing out of double teams.

ImKobe
05-30-2021, 07:09 AM
Hunter and John Collins are guarding Julius Randal the majority of the time not Capela. Atlanta is bringing traps from different positions, Randal has struggled getting to his spots and passing out of double teams.

This. Hunter's done a hell of a job. Randle's bricked a bunch of open looks though, I think it's a mental issue with him. Too much pressure and it's his first time in the Playoffs. I can't recall when a 1st option had a PER of 4.3 and a OBPM of -4.6 in a Playoff series, that's what he's doing right now. The media's going to kill him if the Knicks don't at least push it to 6.

PeroAntic
05-30-2021, 07:13 AM

Its Capela that meets him at the rim whenever he manages to get past Hunter/Collins, and that has worked badly for Randle. Not that his midrange pullups are working either, I haven't seen anyone so convinced hes a good midrange shooter when in reality hes not. Hes just a headless chicken right now.

If Jabari Parker was given the freedom and confidence Randle is given, he would have been a more productive player.