PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think personally wins in a 7 game series between 5 Lebron's vs 5 Wilt's.

coastalmarker99
05-30-2021, 09:26 AM
Here's my starting lineup for team Lebron

here's my lineup

PG: LeBron James (2020)

SG: LeBron James (2013)

SF: LeBron James (2016)

PF: LeBron James (2018)

C: LeBron James (2009)

Sixth man Lebron James (2010)

And here is my starting lineup for team Wilt

PG: Wilt Chamberlain (1968)

SG: Wilt Chamberlain (1962)

SF: Wilt Chamberlain (1964)

PF: Wilt Chamberlain (1972)

C: Wilt Chamberlain (1967)

Sixth man Wilt Chamberlain (1960)

For me personally, I have team Wilt winning in 6 games as his teams edge on the boards and also defensively would be in eyes too much for team Lebron to handle over the course of a 7 game series.

coastalmarker99
05-30-2021, 09:37 AM
The key question in this 7 game series is would team Wilt be able to consistently get the ball past half court with an entire team of Lebron pressing them in the half-court.

Bronbron23
05-30-2021, 09:51 AM
The key question in this 7 game series is would team Wilt be able to consistently get the ball past half court with an entire team of Lebron pressing them in the half-court.

Or Would team bron be able to win the game on perimeter shots because he's not gonna be able to finish inside and we've seen rhe result of bron having to settle for mid and perimeter shots(2015) .

coastalmarker99
05-30-2021, 09:57 AM
Or Would team bron be able to win the game on perimeter shots because he's not gonna be able to finish inside and we've seen rhe result of bron having to settle for mid and perimeter shots(2015) .

His back was messed up that year in 2015 through which made it the weakest season of his prime by far.

Shooter
05-30-2021, 10:30 AM
I imagine the Cleveland LeBrons would have a lot of steals and 3-point shooting. That would be enough to beat the Philedelphia Wilts

ShawkFactory
05-30-2021, 10:43 AM
5 Wilts would leave absolutely no space to do anything.

coastalmarker99
05-30-2021, 11:37 AM
I imagine the Cleveland LeBrons would have a lot of steals and 3-point shooting. That would be enough to beat the Philedelphia Wilts

Between 1967-1973, Wilt averaged 61.7%FG that's good for 1.22 points per possession. LeBron has to shoot 41.1% from 3 consistently to match the efficiency.

During this time he was also averaging 19.8/20.8/5.6. You better believe that a team of 5 Wilt will be getting every shot that LeBron misses and every offensive rebound

coastalmarker99
05-30-2021, 11:39 AM
5 Wilts would leave absolutely no space to do anything.

Your statement is untrue. Ask any player from that era, they'll tell you Wilt was a finesse player (words straight out of Jim Barnett). Finger rolls, hook shots, fadeaway banker, etc. these are all skills he mastered to average 40+ points for half his career.

He actively avoided dunking to avoid being seen as a brute. Also had less offensive physicality built into the 60s rules, unlike LeBron who can get away with offensive fouls all the time. If you include that factor, he'd easily average even more points. Ball handling was limited to top of the ball in the 60s, there's no reason why he can't handle like Giannis if playing with today's rules. Wilt also led the league in assists, how is that for versatility?

Shooter
05-30-2021, 11:53 AM
Between 1967-1973, Wilt averaged 61.7%FG that's good for 1.22 points per possession. LeBron has to shoot 41.1% from 3 consistently to match the efficiency.

During this time he was also averaging 19.8/20.8/5.6. You better believe that a team of 5 Wilt will be getting every shot that LeBron misses and every offensive rebound

But Wilt would be guarded by LeBrons not well, you know.

Also, LeBron would have a field day with open looks from his elite level passing.

Bronbron23
05-30-2021, 11:54 AM
How would lebron do against 5 super saiyan roy hibberts? Are we seriously asking this? https://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/58603/roy-hibbert-is-in-lebron-james-head

He couldn't even successfully attack an athletically challenged Hibbert at the rim. How is he gonna fair against wilt?

So not only does bron have to deal with a longer as athletic defender on the perimeter he also has to deal with the same defender on the inside. I'm sorry but this would not go well for team lebron. Wilt could stop lebron or at least bother him. No way bron is gaurding wilt at all.

Shooter
05-30-2021, 11:55 AM
How would lebron do against 5 super saiyan roy hibberts? Are we seriously asking this? https://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/58603/roy-hibbert-is-in-lebron-james-head

He couldn't even successfully attack an athletically challenged Hibbert at the rim. How is he gonna fair against wilt?

So not only does bron have to deal with a longer as athletic defender on the perimeter he also has to deal with the same defender on the inside. I'm sorry but this would not go well for team lebron. Wilt could stop lebron or at least bother him. No way bron is gaurding wilt at all.

Imagine lacing up your shoes for a playoffs showdown and your direct assignment is Jeff Hornacek or John Starks.

ShawkFactory
05-30-2021, 11:55 AM
Your statement is untrue. Ask any player from that era, they'll tell you Wilt was a finesse player (words straight out of Jim Barnett). Finger rolls, hook shots, fadeaway banker, etc. these are all skills he mastered to average 40+ points for half his career.

He actively avoided dunking to avoid being seen as a brute. Also had less offensive physicality built into the 60s rules, unlike LeBron who can get away with offensive fouls all the time. If you include that factor, he'd easily average even more points. Ball handling was limited to top of the ball in the 60s, there's no reason why he can't handle like Giannis if playing with today's rules. Wilt also led the league in assists, how is that for versatility?
I’m not even talking physicality. His length combined with his lateral agility would be tough.

coastalmarker99
05-30-2021, 12:22 PM
I’m not even talking physicality. His length combined with his lateral agility would be tough.

Ok I now understand the point you were making my bad Shawk.

iamgine
05-30-2021, 12:31 PM
This is obviously Lebron by a blowout. The main problem for 5 Wilts is he can't shoot. So there would be 5 Lebrons at the paint. Combine that with Wilt's suspect ball handling and terrible FT and that offense will be a huge disaster. Plenty of TO and breakaway points.

Lebron can at least use screens at the three point line and always get open 3s at the very least. No way 5 centers can prevent this after a bit of ball movement, especially because they're not trained for it.

Bronbron23
05-30-2021, 12:34 PM
Imagine lacing up your shoes for a playoffs showdown and your direct assignment is Jeff Hornacek or John Starks.

Oh shit you know you won the argument when they start going to starks and Hornacek or 1-9 :lol

I don't blame you for avoiding the truth trying to change the topic though:facepalm

coastalmarker99
05-30-2021, 12:42 PM
Oh shit you know you won the argument when they start going to starks and Hornacek or 1-9 :lol

I don't blame you for avoiding the truth trying to change the topic though:facepalm

Yep indeed I don't blame him as well for avoiding the truth and trying to change the topic by bringing up Jeff Hornacek and John Starks.

ShawkFactory
05-30-2021, 01:46 PM
Ok I now understand the point you were making my bad Shawk.

Yea if they all took up defensive positioning inside the 3pt line they would almost be able to hold hands with one another lol

I think 5 Wilts probably beats any 5 ever

Bankaii
05-30-2021, 01:52 PM
Did you even read the article that you posted lol?

Imagine thinking lebron struggled in a series that he averaged 29 ppg on 51%/44% 3P vs the #1 defense with an All-NBA defender guarding him the majority of the series and a 7’2 center ignoring his man specifically to watch Lebron.

What’s your opinion on how MJ would do against a team of wilts?

Bronbron23
05-30-2021, 02:06 PM

Imagine thinking lebron struggled in a series that he averaged 29 ppg on 51%/44% 3P vs the #1 defense with an All-NBA defender guarding him the majority of the series and a 7’2 center ignoring his man specifically to watch Lebron.

Mj would struggle also but he'd do a bit better. Mj clearly has the more consistent perimeter game especially when he's forced to rely on it and he can't pick and choose his spots. He's also better at beating his man in the half court due to his much quicker first step. Brons main advantage is his size combined with his athleticism. Very few people in the history of the game can match it. Wilt is maybe the only one that can.

I'm taking a team of wilts over anyone tbh.

And1AllDay
05-30-2021, 04:14 PM

:oldlol::roll: gottem

And1AllDay
05-30-2021, 04:15 PM

you brought up roy hibbert idiot :oldlol: get wrekt

Bronbron23
05-30-2021, 04:24 PM
you brought up roy hibbert idiot :oldlol: get wrekt

Hibbert was was a relevant comparison to wilt dummy. Horn ,starks and mj aren't relevant to the discussion. How stupid are you? :facepalm

2much_knowledge
05-30-2021, 04:32 PM
If it is in the first round, lebron wins. If it is in the finals, both find a way to lose