PDA

View Full Version : The Hawks won the Luka trade

Mask the Embiid
05-31-2021, 08:53 AM
Trae will be in the second round in a couple of days.Luka will be back in Slovenia in a couple of days.See what happens the 1st time Trae has teammates = to Luka

FireDavidKahn
05-31-2021, 10:16 AM
Trae is playing a cupcake team. Luka is playing against one of the best teams in the league

insight
05-31-2021, 11:22 AM
Trae is playing a cupcake team. Luka is playing against one of the best teams in the league
Didn't New York beat the Clippers on the road just a couple of weeks ago. Clippers have great talent on the wings but they are a low IQ team because they have no elite point guard.
The Hawks had the 3rd most injuries in the regular season, only Orlando and Houston had more players out. For the first time all season you are seeing their full roster play together, and that's without Cam Reddish.

It was a good trade for both teams and both players are proving they are franchise players. Luka may offer more impact in certain areas due to his size than Trae but there are things Trae can do running a offense that Luka can't. What we don't know yet is how good Cam Reddish will be, right now he has not lived up to his potential.

FKAri
05-31-2021, 11:56 AM
Didn't New York beat the Clippers on the road just a couple of weeks ago. Clippers have great talent on the wings but they are a low IQ team because they have no elite point guard.
The Hawks had the 3rd most injuries in the regular season, only Orlando and Houston had more players out. For the first time all season you are seeing their full roster play together, and that's without Cam Reddish.

It was a good trade for both teams and both players are proving they are franchise players. Luka may offer more impact in certain areas due to his size than Trae but there are things Trae can do running a offense that Luka can't. What we don't know yet is how good Cam Reddish will be, right now he has not lived up to his potential.

Didn't the expansion Raptors beat the 72 win Bulls?

mehyaM24
05-31-2021, 12:04 PM

right lol. the regular-season arguments are garbage. never understood why people make them and believe they're relevant. especially under a 1 game sample.

Carbine
05-31-2021, 12:19 PM
Atlanta will be known as the team that traded away the GOAT of his era. That's about it.

insight
05-31-2021, 12:19 PM

Did the Raptors sweep the 72 win bulls? Have the Clippers won more Championships than the New York Knicks?

insight
05-31-2021, 12:29 PM
Atlanta will be known as the team that traded away the GOAT of his era. That's about it.

I know he is your great white hope but the fact is Luka is a very talented young player in a league full of great young talent he is the best right now but Cam Reddish has more potential than Luka or Trae, but that does not mean he will ever reach his full potential. We don't know how things are going to play out, but I do know Luka needs to work on becoming a good free throw shooter.

FireDavidKahn
05-31-2021, 12:37 PM
I know he is your great white hope but the fact is Luka is a very talented young player in a league full of great young talent he is the best right now but Cam Reddish has more potential than Luka or Trae, but that does not mean he will ever reach his full potential. We don't know how things are going to play out, but I do know Luka needs to work on becoming a good free throw shooter.

Did this idiot really just say that Reddish has more potential then Luka?

Good god.:facepalm

hold this L
05-31-2021, 12:40 PM

This is such a ****ing dumb comparison.

And Luka is a significantly better player than Trae, whose playing for one of the bottom 3-4 teams in the playoffs right now, vs one of the other bottom 3-4 teams in playoffs.

mehyaM24
05-31-2021, 12:43 PM
Did the Raptors sweep the 72 win bulls? Have the Clippers won more Championships than the New York Knicks?

ny never swept the clippers either. what's your point?

tpols
05-31-2021, 12:47 PM
Yea because the Knicks are on the same level as the clippers dummy.

insight
05-31-2021, 12:51 PM
Did this idiot really just say that Reddish has more potential then Luka?

Good god.:facepalm

You watch Sports Center but don't know the game. Cam Reddish is the potential to be Elite on Offense and Defense, that's why his peers voted him to be the best player in his draft class over Zion.
Luka and Trae will never be elite defensive players, and they will never have the size length combined with athletic ability of Cam Reddish. What Cam lacks is the mental aspect of the game but if he puts it together he will be one of the best players in the league. Did you think Giannis would be a top players in the league in year 1, or 2. Some of you guys are just brainwashed by watching sports center.

insight
05-31-2021, 12:52 PM
ny never swept the clippers either. what's your point?

They won both games this year. That's called a sweep. The 72 bulls lost ONE Game to the Raptors!

mehyaM24
05-31-2021, 12:53 PM
They won both games this year. That's called a sweep. The 72 bulls lost ONE Game to the Raptors!

lol no they didn't. check the gamelog again.

insight
05-31-2021, 12:53 PM

And Luka is a significantly better player than Trae, whose playing for one of the bottom 3-4 teams in the playoffs right now, vs one of the other bottom 3-4 teams in playoffs.

Luka is significantly better than Trae and certain skills and other he is not. You are comparing two different types of players who have different roles for their team. Who do you think has been double teamed more in their 1st two years in the league between Trae and Luka? LOOOOOK IT UP!!!!!!

insight
05-31-2021, 12:55 PM
lol no they didn't. check the gamelog again.

You are right, I was wrong, I thought they won the first meeting without Kwahi.

insight
05-31-2021, 12:58 PM

What are you talking about. Hawks and Dallas are both 5 seeds?

ShawkFactory
05-31-2021, 01:06 PM

This is a really bad take. They’re obviously better than: NYK, Boston, Miami, and Washington. And their better than Memphis. And they’re every bit as good as Dallas and Portland. And Nuggets with all the injuries.

mehyaM24
05-31-2021, 01:53 PM
You are right, I was wrong, I thought they won the first meeting without Kwahi.

its all good. using the regular-season is a weak argument though. we've seen teams who matchup well in the regular-season, but then get trounced in the playoffs.

comparing ny to the clippers wont do you any favors.

ShawkFactory
05-31-2021, 02:03 PM
its all good. using the regular-season is a weak argument though. we've seen teams who matchup well in the regular-season, but then get trounced in the playoffs.

The Knicks were 3-0 against the Hawks in the RS :lol

insight
05-31-2021, 02:41 PM

I agree with you, I think all of these teams have something to prove in the playoffs. The Clippers were a huge disappointment in the playoffs last off season if they don't make it to the finals it's another unsuccessful season. Dallas is trying to win a playoff series and take the next step proving they can contend in the playoffs. The Hawks upgraded their roster this offseason to compete in the playoffs, and they need to prove the young talent is capable of contending in the next few years. The Knicks overachieved all year, I think they needed to prove the were legit and Randal was a franchise player.

My main point was Luka is a great player, he will probably always be a superior scorer and rebounder over Trae due to his size. IMO Trae is the superior point guard and passer but they are both dynamic offensive players. Both players will never reach Goat level because to me Goat level means Elite on both ends like Lebron and MJ.
I enjoy watching Luka and Trae but outside of being in the same draft they are two different types of player who both our great offensive talents both lack physical tools to be great defenders.

r0drig0lac
05-31-2021, 04:20 PM
well, Trae > Luka, so yes

Spurs m8
05-31-2021, 04:38 PM
It's all over guys....Trey made second round and Luka made first round.

That's it.

It's decided.

Doesn't matter what happens for the rest of their careers.

Could a thread get any more low iq?lol

Not sure if it's the racism or dumbness on this one...both, I think.

Let's also forget that Luka is playing the Clippers and Trey the ****ing Knicks

FireDavidKahn
05-31-2021, 11:09 PM
You watch Sports Center but don't know the game. Cam Reddish is the potential to be Elite on Offense and Defense, that's why his peers voted him to be the best player in his draft class over Zion.
Luka and Trae will never be elite defensive players, and they will never have the size length combined with athletic ability of Cam Reddish. What Cam lacks is the mental aspect of the game but if he puts it together he will be one of the best players in the league. Did you think Giannis would be a top players in the league in year 1, or 2. Some of you guys are just brainwashed by watching sports center.

Luka is going to end up in the HOF.

Luka right now is 99x then the player Reddish could ever hope to be.

ShawkFactory
05-31-2021, 11:12 PM

That's it.

It's decided.

Dumbness is spelling Trae’s name wrong twice. I mean the first could be an accident but not twice. Come on..

ImKobe
06-01-2021, 05:55 AM
Swap the two players and Hawks are a Finals contender while the Mavs wouldn't even make the Playoffs.

nayte
06-01-2021, 05:58 AM
No they didn't. I like trae but na

Stanley Kobrick
06-01-2021, 06:55 AM
Dumbness is spelling Trae’s name wrong twice. I mean the first could be an accident but not twice. Come on..
that user doesn't watch basketball, he comes on this forum to flirt with men

insight
06-01-2021, 07:11 AM
Swap the two players and Hawks are a Finals contender while the Mavs wouldn't even make the Playoffs.

You are delusional!
Since they both entered the league, the Mavericks have had a superior roster, this is the first year the Hawks made an effort to improve their roster by adding a couple of mid level veterans to their young core. You sound stupid because the Hawks were the 3rd most injured team in the league, only Orlando and Houston had key players miss more time but they still managed to make the playoffs as the 5th seed. Now you are proclaiming Luka would make them Finals contenders, you have no clue what you are talking about, the Hawks just got back Hunter, were missed Bogi for half the season, Cam and Dunn for nearly all the season, Gallo, Okungwu, Snell and Rondo all missed major time.
The Hawks wouldn't have made the playoffs with Luka.

SpaceJam
06-01-2021, 07:17 AM
Referring it as the 'Luka' trade already says enough who the better player is

bobopenguin
06-01-2021, 07:19 AM
whoever made this thread need to be banned.

insight
06-01-2021, 07:37 AM
Luka is going to end up in the HOF.

Luka right now is 99x then the player Reddish could ever hope to be.

Both Trae and Luka are superior players at this point but they are ONE DIMENSIONAL!
Luka is on a HOF trajectory in his young career, but it's not surprising he would start is NBA career strong because he has been playing pro ball since 16 and his body is fully developed.
Cam Reddish is literally still growing, he grew an inch this off season, he played on year of college and is just tapping into his abilities. Just look at your boy KAT career vs Giannis.
Kat was a #1 draft pick and far more skilled coming into the NBA than Giannis who was drafted #15. Why do you think Giannis is two time MVP now and Kat has remained close to the same talent level he entered the league with?

ImKobe
06-01-2021, 07:40 AM
You are delusional!
Since they both entered the league, the Mavericks have had a superior roster, this is the first year the Hawks made an effort to improve their roster by adding a couple of mid level veterans to their young core. You sound stupid because the Hawks were the 3rd most injured team in the league, only Orlando and Houston had key players miss more time but they still managed to make the playoffs as the 5th seed. Now you are proclaiming Luka would make them Finals contenders, you have no clue what you are talking about, the Hawks just got back Hunter, were missed Bogi for half the season, Cam and Dunn for nearly all the season, Gallo, Okungwu, Snell and Rondo all missed major time.
The Hawks wouldn't have made the playoffs with Luka.

That's ridiculous lol. They wouldn't have made the Playoffs with Luka? :kobe:

The injury excuse is meh, Mavs had the same problem and they don't have half the depth. I'm talking about the Hawks team that's currently in the POs. Hawks still had a winning record without Trae and actually looked pretty good when Bogdanovic was the focal point. I'll wait and see what Trae does against an actual contender before I go any further on this. But yeah, give me the 6-7 PG who has Trae's court vision and superior scoring ability and rebounding/defense. Trae's the better FT shooter, but that's about it.

insight
06-01-2021, 07:41 AM
Referring it as the 'Luka' trade already says enough who the better player is

The trade was 1 player for 2 player. Luka for Trae Young and Cam Reddish.

hold this L
06-01-2021, 07:43 AM
Great topic OP. Knicks are obviously a much stronger team and one of the favorites to win the title unlike the small Clippers team that's making the playoffs for the first time in a long time. Makes sense to compare it that way.

insight
06-01-2021, 07:46 AM

The injury excuse is meh, Mavs had the same problem and they don't have half the depth. I'm talking about the Hawks team that's currently in the POs. Hawks still had a winning record without Trae and actually looked pretty good when Bogdanovic was the focal point. I'll wait and see what Trae does against an actual contender before I go any further on this. But yeah, give me the 6-7 PG who has Trae's court vision and superior scoring ability and rebounding/defense. Trae's the better FT shooter, but that's about it.

You are clueless, you clearly don't know the injury statistics for the league. If you don't think it matters ask Lakers fans if missing Lebron and AD is a big deal.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1nJV7XXoAUQoeU?format=png&name=small

ImKobe
06-01-2021, 07:59 AM
You are clueless, you clearly don't know the injury statistics for the league. If you don't think it matters ask Lakers fans if missing Lebron and AD is a big deal.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1nJV7XXoAUQoeU?format=png&name=small

And? Trae still had more help lol. Hawks had a winning record without him. Save me the tears. You're either delusional or just trolling if you're taking Trae over Luka rn.

LeCola
06-01-2021, 08:05 AM
Doncic is the best young talent since 2007.

Trae is also very good but not that level.

insight
06-01-2021, 08:21 AM

Like a said due to Luka's size he has more scoring ability than Trae, primarily his ability to score in the midrange and with his back to the basket. Trae is a much better ball handler, floor general, and passer. Luka has more upside because he is 6'7 and it's rare for a player to have his skills at that size but the trade was Luka for Trae and Cam Reddish. If Cam Reddish develops into a future All Star Atlanta easily won the trade.

insight
06-01-2021, 08:37 AM
And? Trae still had more help lol. Hawks had a winning record without him. Save me the tears. You're either delusional or just trolling if you're taking Trae over Luka rn.

For the 5th time, the trade was Luka for Trae and Cam Reddish.
I watched both teams all year, you clearly have only watched Dallas, if you believe the Hawks were better with Brandon Goodwin, Heurter or Skylar Mays at point guard.
Let's look at the on court / off court point differentials of each player and see if what you claim is true.

Joey Turnbuckle
06-01-2021, 09:00 AM

Did misspell incel when you signed up? Or incest? You sound quite retarded, my guy.

insight
06-01-2021, 09:05 AM
Did misspell incel when you signed up? Or incest? You sound quite retarded, my guy.

How old are you 12? Go play in the kiddie pool Turnbuckle.

ShawkFactory
06-01-2021, 09:44 AM

No, that's not about it. Trae has a craftiness to his handle that makes him virtually impossible to guard 1-on-1. Luka doesn't have the same level of quickness, obviously.

And Trae is unquestionably a better passer. In a couple years we'll be speaking about him and Nash in the same breath when it comes to that. Luka has great court vision as well and can find people when things inevitably collapse his way, but Trae is truly gifted as a passer.

Luka has size of course, and because of it is more effective defensively.

The Knicks aren't a great team of course, but they are hard-nosed defensively and Trae is eating them alive. And he has the same type of chops that Luka has.

ImKobe
06-01-2021, 10:09 AM
No, that's not about it. Trae has a craftiness to his handle that makes him virtually impossible to guard 1-on-1. Luka doesn't have the same level of quickness, obviously.

And Trae is unquestionably a better passer. In a couple years we'll be speaking about him and Nash in the same breath when it comes to that. Luka has great court vision as well and can find people when things inevitably collapse his way, but Trae is truly gifted as a passer.

Luka has size of course, and because of it is more effective defensively.

The Knicks aren't a great team of course, but they are hard-nosed defensively and Trae is eating them alive. And he has the same type of chops that Luka has.

Luka is a gifted playmaker too, they're about even in that category. Luka can get past anybody, despite his speed and is just as good at baiting defenders into fouls. He can also post up and score over anybody, he's MUCH better at finishing at the rim(13% higher inside 3 ft for his career), he's a more versatile offensive player.

You have to look at the the track record of small PGs as the #1 option, how many of them have won championships? Trae might be able to do that in this era, but I have to go with Luka at this point. Trae will be a top 5-10 player in his prime, but Luka has the potential to be the best player of his era.

ShawkFactory
06-01-2021, 11:09 AM
Luka is a gifted playmaker too, they're about even in that category. Luka can get past anybody, despite his speed and is just as good at baiting defenders into fouls. He can also post up and score over anybody, he's MUCH better at finishing at the rim(13% higher inside 3 ft for his career), he's a more versatile offensive player.

You have to look at the the track record of small PGs as the #1 option, how many of them have won championships? Trae might be able to do that in this era, but I have to go with Luka at this point. Trae will be a top 5-10 player in his prime, but Luka has the potential to be the best player of his era.

I'm not saying that Trae > Luka. I took issue with you saying that the only thing Trae has is FT shooting.

Luka takes a lot of those bail out 3s when he can't get by someone. Trae takes bail out 3s because his decision making can be spotty at times, although he has improved tremendously in that last 3 months. He can dominate without taking a 3, which was impossible before.

Luka is obviously a better finisher inside given his size, and he also sees the floor incredibly. He does NOT have Trae's passing skill though. Trae is an all time skilled passer.

insight
06-01-2021, 11:13 AM

Luka is a gifted playmaker but sorry he is not on Trae's level in this category. Dallas has built there offense to run through Luka, the Hawks have Trae Young running their offense it's a big difference. Trae is not a #1 option, he is #1 creator there is a big difference. Luka can't be the best player in this era because he will never be an elite defender. He has a good chance of becoming the best offensive player like Steph but he will never be a two way dominate player. Someone with a Cam Reddish skill set will take that mantle eventually, it may not be him but it will be a player with rare athletic ability combined with skill and talent.

ImKobe
06-01-2021, 12:12 PM
I'm not saying that Trae > Luka. I took issue with you saying that the only thing Trae has is FT shooting.

Luka takes a lot of those bail out 3s when he can't get by someone. Trae takes bail out 3s because his decision making can be spotty at times, although he has improved tremendously in that last 3 months. He can dominate without taking a 3, which was impossible before.

Luka is obviously a better finisher inside given his size, and he also sees the floor incredibly. He does NOT have Trae's passing skill though. Trae is an all time skilled passer.

I think the FT shooting is the main part of it, the other categories are not as significant in terms of production, which is very similar with of how much they dominate the ball and how many points they generate off passes and how many turnovers they pile up as a result. When Mavs were healthy last year, Luka ran the #1 ranked offense in the league, and that's with him and Porzingis missing a bunch of those games. I need to see more of Trae on a Playoff team to further evaluate his potential because this wasn't a normal season, the Mavs had their injuries as well. I'll wait and see how the next week plays out, Trae's in a position where he could up his stock by a lot by closing out the Knicks' series and maybe giving the Sixers a fight, especially with Embiid hurt.

Luka is a gifted playmaker but sorry he is not on Trae's level in this category. Dallas has built there offense to run through Luka, the Hawks have Trae Young running their offense it's a big difference. Trae is not a #1 option, he is #1 creator there is a big difference. Luka can't be the best player in this era because he will never be an elite defender. He has a good chance of becoming the best offensive player like Steph but he will never be a two way dominate player. Someone with a Cam Reddish skill set will take that mantle eventually, it may not be him but it will be a player with rare athletic ability combined with skill and talent.

Trae is the #1 option. Him and Luka both run their offenses and are the 2 most ball-dominant players this season per the Time Of Possession stat. Luka doesn't need to be an elite defensive player to be the best of this era, he could be a solid team defender and an elite rebounder and that's all you'd need when he's giving you GOAT-level impact on the offensive end, much like Bird & Magic in the 80s. It comes down to winning and having the stats to back it up, it seems like Doncic is on his way to averaging a 30-pt triple-double for his Playoff career and he's only 22.

SouBeachTalents
06-01-2021, 01:05 PM

That's it.

It's decided.

It's Trae ya doofus :lol

imdaman99
06-01-2021, 01:36 PM
No. They both won the trade. Hawks got someone that wants to be there, pretty sure Luka's people didn't want him going to ATL. And not to mention Reddish, who is a solid defender. Dunno about his injury history though. Luka has a way higher upside, but Hawks got 1 star and 1 potential really good player.