PDA

View Full Version : Clippers chances vs the Nets in the finals?

Objectivity
05-31-2021, 05:24 PM
If the aforementioned final comes to fruition, are the Clippers playing to their potential as the deepest team in the league with elite perimeter defense capable of posing a legitimate challenge?

AlternativeAcc.
05-31-2021, 05:30 PM
Lakers in 6 vs Clippers
Lakers in 5 vs Jazz
Lakers in 5 vs Nuggets

Nets in 6 vs Lakers
Nets in 5 vs Sixers
Nets in 5 vs Bucks

There, go make yourself some money retards. I gave you some possible matchups and exactly what would happen.

I didn't put CLippers vs Nets because that matchup isn't possible to happen.

Objectivity
05-31-2021, 05:39 PM
Lakers in 6 vs Clippers
Lakers in 5 vs Jazz
Lakers in 5 vs Nuggets

Nets in 6 vs Lakers
Nets in 5 vs Sixers
Nets in 5 vs Bucks

There, go make yourself some money retards. I gave you some possible matchups and exactly what would happen.

I would say clippers are the favs to come out of the west if they are able to best the mavs which seems highly likely now. Lakers would be a problem if lebron and ad were at 100% and that doesn’t seem likely.

PeroAntic
05-31-2021, 05:41 PM
The Clippers can definitely beat Brooklyn, but it all depends on Paul George. You never know if and when hes going to show up.

AlternativeAcc.
05-31-2021, 05:46 PM
I would say clippers are the favs to come out of the west if they are able to best the mavs which seems highly likely now. Lakers would be a problem if lebron and ad were at 100% and that doesn’t seem likely.

Dude, I've literally never gotten a series wrong in my entire life. I'm telling you what would happen

Clippers cant beat Lakers

Objectivity
05-31-2021, 05:47 PM
The Clippers can definitely beat Brooklyn, but it all depends on Paul George. You never know if and when hes going to show up.

Honesly, I don’t really see it. Both teams being healthy, Nets win 9/10 times imo.

PeroAntic
05-31-2021, 05:54 PM
Honesly, I don’t really see it. Both teams being healthy, Nets win 9/10 times imo.

Nets have only offense, Clippers have both offense and defense (if PG shows up). If anything the Clippers should be better on paper.

Objectivity
05-31-2021, 07:51 PM
Nets have only offense, Clippers have both offense and defense (if PG shows up). If anything the Clippers should be better on paper.

i believe this reasoning is overstated, its not like they let people score free lay ups or uncontested shots

SouBeachTalents
05-31-2021, 08:02 PM
i believe this reasoning is overstated, its not like they let people score free lay ups or uncontested shots
Their defense might prevent them from having a historically good playoff run, but I agree that it's overstated. The Nets appear to have too much firepower where even if their defense is bad, you still have to compete with a team that can churn out 2 40 point scorers a night. I'm trying not to overstate how they look against a 7 seed though, we'll have a much more definitive assessment of them when they start playing legitimate opponents later in the playoffs

Axe
05-31-2021, 08:05 PM
Except ty lue isn't a championship-caliber coach.

PeroAntic
05-31-2021, 08:36 PM
Except ty lue isn't a championship-caliber coach.

Except he won a championship.

Brooklyn was consistently allowing an insane amount of points in the RS. Kyrie and Harden are complete thrash defensively.

LukeWalton
05-31-2021, 09:00 PM
Lakers in 6 vs Clippers
Lakers in 5 vs Jazz
Lakers in 5 vs Nuggets

Nets in 6 vs Lakers
Nets in 5 vs Sixers
Nets in 5 vs Bucks

not without a healthy AD. they were pretty lucky to have him healthy last finals.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-31-2021, 10:26 PM
Anything possible with kawhi

ImKobe
06-01-2021, 06:01 AM
Nets have too much firepower and the Clippers haven't proven to me that they can limit any superstar when it matters. Luka, Jokic and even Murray all score on their defense with relative ease, what do you think the Nets are gonna do? Clippers also don't have a size advantage but they can match the Nets from 3, so I'd give them a chance but think the Nets would win in 6/7 games.

nayte
06-01-2021, 06:05 AM
If the nets lose it will be one of the biggest upsets ever imo with their fire-power I don't see how they lose and the defence blah be damned