PDA

View Full Version : Isiah Thomas reacts to Pippen & Jordan saying they didn't want him on the Dream Team.

ClipperRevival
05-31-2021, 09:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4nBRe4uA9s

Starting at 2:30. At 3:55 Isiah calls MJ the GOAT.

tpols
05-31-2021, 09:38 PM
Man.... Isiah Thomas hates on Scottie Pippen in this video worse than 3ball EVER has. :lol

He had the whole NBA panel cracking up.

mehyaM24
05-31-2021, 09:41 PM
pippen shown no respect from his peers. damn lol

1987_Lakers
05-31-2021, 09:43 PM
Pretty sure this is an old vid.

And1AllDay
05-31-2021, 09:44 PM
imagine posting a old vid as credible info

3baLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL alt

stahp it :oldlol:

ClipperRevival
05-31-2021, 09:48 PM
pippen shown no respect from his peers. damn lol

The LeBron propaganda machine has told the world a false narrative to this generation of NBA fans into believing Pippen was a 1st tier superstar on the level of an MJ, Olajuwon, Shaq, DRob, Barkley, Malone, Ewing, etc when he wasn't. Most unbiased fans who lived through that era knows he wasn't.

And don't quote me a player or two saying he was because you can find a few players saying anything outlandish. I am talking consensus. Like some past players call Kobe the GOAT? Is he? No. But are those players stupid? No. They are viewing it from their own lense and saw his greatness/skill in person so they value that.

mehyaM24
05-31-2021, 09:56 PM
The LeBron propaganda machine has told the world a false narrative to this generation of NBA fans into believing Pippen was a 1st tier superstar on the level of an MJ, Olajuwon, Shaq, DRob, Barkley, Malone, Ewing, etc when he wasn't. Most unbiased fans who lived through that era knows he wasn't.

And don't quote me a player or two saying he was because you can find a few players saying anything outlandish. I am talking consensus. Like some past players call Kobe the GOAT? Is he? No. But are those players stupid? No. They are viewing it from their own lense and saw his greatness/skill in person so they value that.

the bold is on point. there's a superfan in another thread saying pippen had a "best in the world" argument. :oldlol: revisionist history is a hell of a thing. pippen in the 90s was viewed as a top 10ish player. and of all perimeter players back then, he probably scratched top 5. just off the top of my head.

97 bulls
05-31-2021, 11:06 PM
That video, was how Thomas felt in 91. By 98, Thomas called Pippen the second best player in the NBA. Or perhaps he said Pip was the second best wing player in the NBA.

You guys are so disingenuous.

ClipperRevival
05-31-2021, 11:26 PM
That video, was how Thomas felt in 91. By 98, Thomas called Pippen the second best player in the NBA. Or perhaps he said Pip was the second best wing player in the NBA.

You guys are so disingenuous.

That video was made in October 2015. "Decades" episode.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5994794/episodes?season=5&ref_=ttep_ep_sn_nx

1987_Lakers
05-31-2021, 11:31 PM

And Isiah called LeBron the GOAT in 2020.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-31-2021, 11:41 PM
They need to bring this show back. Classic.

Bawkish
05-31-2021, 11:43 PM

after the airing of Last Dance

so yeah...

97 bulls
06-01-2021, 12:23 AM

But it was referring back to what Thomas felt in 91. Not in 2015

DABIGSALSISHA
06-01-2021, 02:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4nBRe4uA9s

Starting at 2:30. At 3:55 Isiah calls MJ the GOAT.

Isiah is crazy, Shaq should never be in that Team. He wasn't ready at all back then and hadn't accomplished anything in his career.

DABIGSALSISHA
06-01-2021, 02:41 AM

He can call lebron all he wants, nobody cares about his opinion. He wasn't the best point guard of all time neither. He should wash his mouth every time before he pronounces the name Michael Jordan. lol.

nayte
06-01-2021, 05:47 AM
I might be wrong but I thought alot of them didn't want him.isiah was a great player but if u play that style of ball u gotta accept some blowback

nayte
06-01-2021, 05:49 AM
the bold is on point. there's a superfan in another thread saying pippen had a "best in the world" argument. :oldlol: revisionist history is a hell of a thing. pippen in the 90s was viewed as a top 10ish player. and of all perimeter players back then, he probably scratched top 5. just off the top of my head.

This is true but fans will be fans. We will see the same soon with LeBron when the Zion. Luka etc fans come through. Those guys are gonna pick apart LeBrons game like crazy. And so on such is NBA fandom

iamgine
06-01-2021, 07:52 AM
Other than being the ringleader in a hated team, was Isiah ever viewed as that great of a player that he had to be included in the Dream Team in 1991? He's not even chosen for All-NBA since 1987.

ClipperRevival
06-01-2021, 08:34 PM
Other than being the ringleader in a hated team, was Isiah ever viewed as that great of a player that he had to be included in the Dream Team in 1991? He's not even chosen for All-NBA since 1987.

Yes he truly was.

Isiah was a straight killer. He was as competitive as anyone in history. To me, he is the most underrated great ever. Stats don't do him justice. He sacrificed stats to win.

He was a legit 1st tier superstar in the 1980's. His team took down Bird's Celtics, MJ's Bulls and Magic's Lakers. He was probably an ankle injury away from 3 peating in a GOAT tier era for top tier teams. He led from the front and galvanized his team. And he definitely should've been on the Dream Team over Stockton.

ClipperRevival
06-01-2021, 08:44 PM
Isiah got into a fist fight with Cartwright, took an elbow from Karl Malone and needed 40 stitches and threw punches at Mahorn just to name a few incidents. This guy wanted all the smoke. He grew up in the south side of Chicago, dirt broke. Something about guys who come from the gutter. Isiah was that dude.

97 bulls
06-01-2021, 10:15 PM
https://youtu.be/z1hfI8kjriM

Thomas said Pippen was the 2nd best player over the last 4-5 years in 98.

Again. This was how Thomas felt AT THAT TIME!!! In 1992. And he actually had a legit gripe. At that time Pippen only had 2 Allstar appearances and a won two Championships. And I believe 1 all NBA awards.

Smoke117
06-01-2021, 10:29 PM
Nobody wanted Isiah on the team. He’s a scumbag.

iamgine
06-02-2021, 02:49 AM
Yes he truly was.

Isiah was a straight killer. He was as competitive as anyone in history. To me, he is the most underrated great ever. Stats don't do him justice. He sacrificed stats to win.

He was a legit 1st tier superstar in the 1980's. His team took down Bird's Celtics, MJ's Bulls and Magic's Lakers. He was probably an ankle injury away from 3 peating in a GOAT tier era for top tier teams. He led from the front and galvanized his team. And he definitely should've been on the Dream Team over Stockton.

None ever questioned that Isiah was an awesome player. But I don't think he's viewed as that level of greatness to have to be included in the dream team like Magic and Bird. Just wasn't viewed that way.

BigShotBob
06-02-2021, 11:20 AM
None ever questioned that Isiah was an awesome player. But I don't think he's viewed as that level of greatness to have to be included in the dream team like Magic and Bird. Just wasn't viewed that way.

You literally have no idea on what you speak on. Go watch some film and then get back to me.

TheMan
06-02-2021, 12:08 PM
Isiah is crazy, Shaq should never be in that Team. He wasn't ready at all back then and hadn't accomplished anything in his career.

He had a case over Laettner that's for sure...they had to pick one college player, everyone back then knew Shaq was gonna be a monster.

TheMan
06-02-2021, 12:17 PM

He was viewed that way. I'm also from Chicago's southside, he was viewed as a legend in Chicago when I was growing up. Then obviously MJ was drafted he took away his hometown. The dirty way he played rubbed a lot of people the wrong way but he was a legit great player. If we only consider his play, he definitely belonged on the Dream Team but he pissed off a lot people and that's what kept him from that team. Personally, I dislike IT but he was the best PG this side of Magic in the 80s...

iamgine
06-03-2021, 02:11 PM
He was viewed that way. I'm also from Chicago's southside, he was viewed as a legend in Chicago when I was growing up. Then obviously MJ was drafted he took away his hometown. The dirty way he played rubbed a lot of people the wrong way but he was a legit great player. If we only consider his play, he definitely belonged on the Dream Team but he pissed off a lot people and that's what kept him from that team. Personally, I dislike IT but he was the best PG this side of Magic in the 80s...

But...you just said yourself it's only in chicago and before mike arrived. No one denies he was a great player. Just not viewed at the legend level of Magic and Bird.

jayfan
06-03-2021, 02:33 PM
But it was referring back to what Thomas felt in 91. Not in 2015

Naw, man. The episode was called 'Decades' because they were all naming their all-decade teams. Isiah didn't put Pippen on his all-90's team. And he was chiding the guys who did put him on their all-90's team.

Axe
06-03-2021, 02:37 PM
But...you just said yourself it's only in chicago and before mike arrived. No one denies he was a great player. Just not viewed at the legend level of Magic and Bird.
Could it be because boston and la were much more established dynasties in the 80s? That might have some influence to it.

iamgine
06-03-2021, 02:43 PM
Could it be because boston and la were much more established dynasties in the 80s? That might have some influence to it.

Sure, that could be a reason.

Chick Stern
06-03-2021, 03:02 PM
the lebron propaganda machine has told the world a false narrative to this generation of nba fans into believing pippen was a 1st tier superstar on the level of an mj, olajuwon, shaq, drob, barkley, malone, ewing, etc when he wasn't. Most unbiased fans who lived through that era knows he wasn't.

And don't quote me a player or two saying he was because you can find a few players saying anything outlandish. I am talking consensus. Like some past players call Jordan the goat? Is he? No. But are those players stupid? No. They are viewing it from their own lense and saw his greatness/skill in person so they value that.
fify