PDA

View Full Version : Ben Simmons is a liability for the 76ers in the playoffs

coastalmarker99
05-31-2021, 09:55 PM
The fourth quarter of this game is the perfect example on why I don't trust Ben Simmons or ultimately the Sixers deep in the playoffs. Washington is intentionally fouling Simmons because he can't shoot at all.

They're playing 4 on 5 on offence basically because he doesn't want to touch the ball. They'll win this series obviously and will most likely beat ATL as well, but I can't see Philly beating Milwaukee or Brooklyn in the conference finals.

coastalmarker99
05-31-2021, 09:59 PM
The Nets will be licking their lips when they face the 76ers in the Ecf as in the fourth quarter when the games are close they will destroy the 76ers because once again Ben has learned nothing from his past failures in the playoffs.

imdaman99
05-31-2021, 10:03 PM
His defense more than makes up for it

Full Court
05-31-2021, 10:03 PM
I'm mystified at how a professional basketball player can suck so bad at free throws.

Mask the Embiid
05-31-2021, 10:05 PM
duh...Thats what makes Embiid still being better than Jokic even more impressive.....he plays 4 on 5 every night yet still puts up better numbers....do yall finally get it?

coastalmarker99
05-31-2021, 10:05 PM
I'm mystified at how a professional basketball player can suck so bad at free throws.

It disgusts me to see a guard being that bad at shooting free throws At least with someone like Shaq or Ben Wallace, they'd be in there to rebound and man the paint and the ball could be handled by the guards on the perimeter. No matter how good Embiid is, you're not going to be able to win a championship with a PG that can't shoot FTs.

LoneyROY7
05-31-2021, 10:06 PM
Benamin Simmons.

coastalmarker99
05-31-2021, 10:06 PM
duh...Thats what makes Embiid still being better than Jokic even more impressive.....he plays 4 on 5 every night yet still puts up better numbers....nightly

I agree you put Joel with Dame or an elite guard that can shoot and be a playmaker and my god Joel would be even better as he would have far more space to work with down low on the block.

coastalmarker99
05-31-2021, 10:13 PM
Going forward in the playoffs teams that are going up against the 76ers are going to use hack-a-Simmons.

The Sixers might be able to squeeze the Wizards out without Embiid, but the Nets and the Bucks are going to put them down easy even if Embiid is healthy. Hack-a-Simmons should be the strategy against the 76ers going forward. At one point Simmons was 0-9 from the ft line. It's not even about shooting 3's and spacing the floor. It's about just being a competent player.

fourkicks44
05-31-2021, 10:23 PM
TBH Simmons hit more free throws in this game than he did in the first 3 games combined.

Sure he needs to step up and knock more down.

But he is a notoriously not a shooter. Has anyone seen Luka at the free throw line this playoffs? Someone one notoriously known as a shooter?

HBK_Kliq_2
05-31-2021, 10:27 PM
0-4 without him last year and Tatum embarrassed them. You need Simmons to guard the other stars, especially if they face nets

Xiao Yao You
05-31-2021, 10:34 PM
best defender in basketball! :lol

Mask the Embiid
05-31-2021, 10:35 PM
best defender in basketball! :lol

He's the guard version of toody....you might want to hold back that laughter now

Hey Yo
05-31-2021, 11:03 PM

He's 3-16 on the series

Axe
05-31-2021, 11:51 PM
Poor thing.

highwhey
05-31-2021, 11:53 PM
He's the guard version of toody....you might want to hold back that laughter now

nah, rudy isn't a liability on offense.

Wally450
06-01-2021, 10:07 AM
He's 3-16 on the series

Good lord.

GOBB
06-01-2021, 01:20 PM
Meanwhile Luka is avg 8 free throw attempts shooting 41% from FT. Make a thread on that.

Oh the series 2-2 unlike Sixers 3-1 where they will advance.

FultzNationRISE
06-01-2021, 01:37 PM
TBH Simmons hit more free throws in this game than he did in the first 3 games combined.

Sure he needs to step up and knock more down.

But he is a notoriously not a shooter. Has anyone seen Luka at the free throw line this playoffs? Someone one notoriously known as a shooter?

When teams start fouling Luka intentionally, it will be a valid comparison.

I'll be very surprised if that happens.

LoneyROY7
06-01-2021, 01:47 PM
Meanwhile Luka is avg 8 free throw attempts shooting 41% from FT. Make a thread on that.

Oh the series 2-2 unlike Sixers 3-1 where they will advance.

Y'all bringing up Luka is so dumb. :oldlol:

When Benamin Simmons is captaining an offense averaging a near 30 point triple-double versus a legit contender in the playoffs then maybe you can compare the two.

AirBonner
06-01-2021, 01:53 PM
So is Simmons worse than Pippen?

GOBB
06-01-2021, 02:10 PM
Y'all bringing up Luka is so dumb. :oldlol:

When Benamin Simmons is captaining an offense averaging a near 30 point triple-double versus a legit contender in the playoffs then maybe you can compare the two.

Ben is not a 30pt scorer. Never was never will be. Idiots like you can’t comprehend nor grasp this. Ben does way more things than score. Yet idiots like you nit pick free throws. Here it is I nit pick Luka horrendous free throw shooting (worse than prime Shaq in the playoffs) and you sweep under rug and highlight what he does well.

LAL
06-01-2021, 02:25 PM
Ben is not a 30pt scorer. Never was never will be. Idiots like you can’t comprehend nor grasp this. Ben does way more things than score. Yet idiots like you nit pick free throws. Here it is I nit pick Luka horrendous free throw shooting (worse than prime Shaq in the playoffs) and you sweep under rug and highlight what he does well.

He has a disease i think, 4 years and takes 0 jumpers as a pg. It's the NBA, and you can guard
him from the free throw line, you can hack a shaq him which will do his confidence no good.

We know he does other things very well, like playmake and defend, we're not asking him to be
a sharpshooter too, or average 30, he has a mental disease i think. Needs to fix that shit, simple
really. Every year the sixers don't reach the finals or win it, people will mostly look at his direction,
wheter that's fair or not in your eyes.

Max player PG shooting 3-17 from the free throw line this series as if passing up wide
open shots isn't enough.

I want him to do well tho, that's something some of you don't grasp.

LoneyROY7
06-01-2021, 02:26 PM

You want to know why it's swept under the rug for Luka and not Benamin, genius?

Because what Luka does well impacts the game on a completely stratosphere than what Benamin does well. Idiots like you can't comprehend nor grasp this.

GOBB
06-01-2021, 02:54 PM
He has a disease i think, 4 years and takes 0 jumpers as a pg. It's the NBA, and you can guard
him from the free throw line, you can hack a shaq him which will do his confidence no good.

We know he does other things very well, like playmake and defend, we're not asking him to be
a sharpshooter too, or average 30, he has a mental disease i think. Needs to fix that shit, simple
really. Every year the sixers don't reach the finals or win it, people will mostly look at his direction,
wheter that's fair or not in your eyes.

Max player PG shooting 3-17 from the free throw line this series as if passing up wide
open shots isn't enough.

I want him to do well tho, that's something some of you don't grasp.

You make zero sense. The issue is with guys like you who place unrealistic expectations on a player. Then because they don’t live up to them you hop on his nuts. He’s a #3 option, glue guy. Similar role as a Draymond Green, Andre Igoudala, Lamar Odom. You can sit there and miss the point as I’m sure you will. But all these players are not franchise players. They are not a #1 nor #2 option on your team. They are best suited in a glue guy 3rd option role. You clowns want him to shoot jumpers so he can look like Giannis. Who is a well below avg shooter to where you defend him by taking away his drive and forcing him to beat you with the jumper. We would be sitting here reading your nonsense as well as others how Ben needs to practice making jumpers instead of just shooting for f*ck sake. Because that’s all you unintelligent sports fans know.

He’s 5-20 from the free throw line. Get your stats in order before replying to me. No one cares what he shot from the free throw line until yesterday. He hardly went to the line 3gms prior. So if there ever was a valid reason to complain it’s him not getting to the line more. He avg 3 FTA in the prior 3 games. That means he’s not aggressive and attacking the rim as he should. Speak on that. Wait you can’t because you don’t know what you’re watching.

Does Ben have some kind of mental block? Perhaps. Are the sixers fate left in his hands as it’s “Ben has to show up to be this guy we have unrealistic expectations for”? No. We go as far as Embiid. Ben importance is no more greater than Tobias career sell out in the playoffs is. And by the way he’s having his best post season of his career right now.

GOBB
06-01-2021, 02:57 PM
You want to know why it's swept under the rug for Luka and not Benamin, genius?

Because what Luka does well impacts the game on a completely stratosphere than what Benamin does well. Idiots like you can't comprehend nor grasp this.

Ben impacts the game beyond free throw % or scoring 30pts. You fail to realize that. He’s a playmaker and gets guys open shots/looks. He’s a good rebounder and can push it in transition where he’s really good at making a decision. He’s also a good defensive player. But yea he doesn’t score 30, he doesn’t shoot jumpers he would miss thus we are here listening to your complaints of his %. Oh yea free throws. Yeah let’s focus on that. Get a clue

tontoz
06-01-2021, 03:32 PM
On the series Simmons is averaging 14/10/9. Westbrook is shooting 33%.

LAL
06-01-2021, 04:54 PM
You make zero sense. The issue is with guys like you who place unrealistic expectations on a player. Then because they donÂ’t live up to them you hop on his nuts. HeÂ’s a #3 option, glue guy. Similar role as a Draymond Green, Andre Igoudala, Lamar Odom. You can sit there and miss the point as IÂ’m sure you will. But all these players are not franchise players. They are not a #1 nor #2 option on your team. They are best suited in a glue guy 3rd option role. You clowns want him to shoot jumpers so he can look like Giannis. Who is a well below avg shooter to where you defend him by taking away his drive and forcing him to beat you with the jumper. We would be sitting here reading your nonsense as well as others how Ben needs to practice making jumpers instead of just shooting for f*ck sake. Because thatÂ’s all you unintelligent sports fans know.

HeÂ’s 5-20 from the free throw line. Get your stats in order before replying to me. No one cares what he shot from the free throw line until yesterday. He hardly went to the line 3gms prior. So if there ever was a valid reason to complain itÂ’s him not getting to the line more. He avg 3 FTA in the prior 3 games. That means heÂ’s not aggressive and attacking the rim as he should. Speak on that. Wait you canÂ’t because you donÂ’t know what youÂ’re watching.

Does Ben have some kind of mental block? Perhaps. Are the sixers fate left in his hands as it’s “Ben has to show up to be this guy we have unrealistic expectations for”? No. We go as far as Embiid. Ben importance is no more greater than Tobias career sell out in the playoffs is. And by the way he’s having his best post season of his career right now.

Why so agressive? You're actually saying a whole lot of nothing and those comparisons suck because iggy and odom didn't pass up shots or had all those all star selections. Draymond had to win.

You want me to focus on why he doesn't get more calls while he runs away from those in close games and opponent performing the hack a shaq on him when it got close and it worked? Yeah we should really focus on that.

I haven't seen many third option max player/4x all stars that never won or shot a ball. expectations?? but i do know third options are very tradeable if you don't win. We both agree it looks like a mental problem. Hopefully management has his back like you.

Lebron23
06-01-2021, 06:46 PM
He is almost 25. I don't think he's going to improve his offensive game. He's a finish product.

GOBB
06-02-2021, 01:48 AM
Why so agressive? You're actually saying a whole lot of nothing and those comparisons suck because iggy and odom didn't pass up shots or had all those all star selections. Draymond had to win.

You want me to focus on why he doesn't get more calls while he runs away from those in close games and opponent performing the hack a shaq on him when it got close and it worked? Yeah we should really focus on that.

I haven't seen many third option max player/4x all stars that never won or shot a ball. expectations?? but i do know third options are very tradeable if you don't win. We both agree it looks like a mental problem. Hopefully management has his back like you.

Again the reading and comprehension skills here are lacking. Again the comparisons were to HIGHLIGHT shithead guys who are #3 options on teams. Iggy and Odom had EXPECTATIONS they never lived up too. When they were placed in situations where they weren’t the franchise player. The complimentary player to the franchise? They excelled. Draymond never has these expectations but he is a glue guy similar to Ben Simmons. They are similar in that neither are threats offensively. But they provide defense, facilitator and guys who do things that get overlooked or undervalued. So the comparisons make total sense. You simply aren’t competent to see what is being explained. Ben is who he is and will forever be. There is no new Ben Simmons on the horizon. There is no guy who magically finds a jumper, jump shot or downloads/installs an aggressive program. This is his ceiling. Sixers dans didn’t appreciate Iggy until he was gone. The guy won finals mvp for doing what he’s known for.

I never said focus on why he doesn’t get more calls. Ben doesn’t draw fouls because he’s a finesse player who rather avoid contact or look to pass out of attempts. So not sure what you are saying there. Next...

Ben is an anomaly. No one has seen a guy of his skill set and acccolades refuse to shoot the ball. Getting a max contract says nothing. Tobias got max bread. Not a damn peep from you or anyone else here about him. Why? Oh you accepted who he is.

Mgmt has Ben back. He hasn’t been traded. Doc is in full support of his game. I would have traded Ben for harden but given Houston and Morey relationship? They wanted an overpay which Harden is not worth. Especially if he isn’t extending the years on his contract. Because hitting your roster only for him to flee sets your franchise back.

LAVAR BALL
06-02-2021, 06:24 AM
Thing is, there is no middle ground with Simmons:

against a team that lack focus, dedication to get back on defense, he will kill them. No guard has his speed/power combination, and no one can stop him if defense is still scrambling. He will most often do the right choice and having shooters this year around him made him rely more on his playmaking (best part of his game) than scoring.

But against a good disciplined team that will dare the Sixers to play half court and don't allow him to run, well he looks just average (even tho he deserves the DPOY imo), sure his lack of shoot doesn't help him.

I'm wondering if having him play PF in these set-up, with another outside ball-handler, wouldn't help him more

LAL
06-02-2021, 09:45 AM
Again the reading and comprehension skills here are lacking. Again the comparisons were to HIGHLIGHT shithead guys who are #3 options on teams. Iggy and Odom had EXPECTATIONS they never lived up too. When they were placed in situations where they werenÂ’t the franchise player. The complimentary player to the franchise? They excelled. Draymond never has these expectations but he is a glue guy similar to Ben Simmons. They are similar in that neither are threats offensively. But they provide defense, facilitator and guys who do things that get overlooked or undervalued. So the comparisons make total sense. You simply arenÂ’t competent to see what is being explained. Ben is who he is and will forever be. There is no new Ben Simmons on the horizon. There is no guy who magically finds a jumper, jump shot or downloads/installs an aggressive program. This is his ceiling. Sixers dans didnÂ’t appreciate Iggy until he was gone. The guy won finals mvp for doing what heÂ’s known for.

I never said focus on why he doesnÂ’t get more calls. Ben doesnÂ’t draw fouls because heÂ’s a finesse player who rather avoid contact or look to pass out of attempts. So not sure what you are saying there. Next...

Ben is an anomaly. No one has seen a guy of his skill set and acccolades refuse to shoot the ball. Getting a max contract says nothing. Tobias got max bread. Not a damn peep from you or anyone else here about him. Why? Oh you accepted who he is.

Mgmt has Ben back. He hasnÂ’t been traded. Doc is in full support of his game. I would have traded Ben for harden but given Houston and Morey relationship? They wanted an overpay which Harden is not worth. Especially if he isnÂ’t extending the years on his contract. Because hitting your roster only for him to flee sets your franchise back.

Dude...

We know what his role is since he doesn't shoot, you don't have to tell me what he does right, that goes without saying. Your comparisons are Odom & Iggy, think about it. Tobias max contract was questionable but he's a second option on a team with all star big and an all star pg, you want him to playmake? He does his job well complimenting, no complaints. Ben not drawing fouls because he's a finesse player is bullshit. I bet Steph wished Draymond could ****ing shoot btw. They didn't know what to do Odom untill he became a 6th man, and didn't even pass up shots or refused to shoot. Iggy had very few weaknesses, completely different player. I wish him the best tonight.

GOBB
06-02-2021, 10:12 AM
Dude...

We know what his role is since he doesn't shoot, you don't have to tell me what he does right, that goes without saying. Your comparisons are Odom & Iggy, think about it. Tobias max contract was questionable but he's a second option on a team with all star big and an all star pg, you want him to playmake? He does his job well complimenting, no complaints. Ben not drawing fouls because he's a finesse player is bullshit. I bet Steph wished Draymond could ****ing shoot btw. They didn't know what to do Odom untill he became a 6th man, and didn't even pass up shots or refused to shoot. Iggy had very few weaknesses, completely different player. I wish him the best tonight.

You sound like someone that’s not from America the way you struggle to comprehend what’s being said. Odom and Iggy both had expectations placed upon them like Ben Simmons. It was only until fans like yourself accepted them for the kind of players they were. Don’t talk to me about shooting, them not being reluctant to shoot. It’s about their role to respective teams. How can you claim to know Ben role but here you are nit picking nonsense about his game? For instance you claimed Ben being finess is bullshit to why he doesn’t draw fouls. Ok brainiac explain why Ben doesn’t get to the charity stripe 8-10 times a game yet more like 1/2 that? He’s 240+ 6’10. It’s not mental either. You ever watch Ben attack the rim? It’s not aggressively. It’s not like Giannis. He looks to pass out of that attempt or will contort his body to avoid contact for a finish. He’s had Neto on him. He doesn’t post up and back him down. Explain.

Tobias is more of a 3rd option. 2nd by default (like Sixers).

LAL
06-02-2021, 03:08 PM
You sound like someone that’s not from America the way you struggle to comprehend what’s being said. Odom and Iggy both had expectations placed upon them like Ben Simmons. It was only until fans like yourself accepted them for the kind of players they were. Don’t talk to me about shooting, them not being reluctant to shoot. It’s about their role to respective teams. How can you claim to know Ben role but here you are nit picking nonsense about his game? For instance you claimed Ben being finess is bullshit to why he doesn’t draw fouls. Ok brainiac explain why Ben doesn’t get to the charity stripe 8-10 times a game yet more like 1/2 that? He’s 240+ 6’10. It’s not mental either. You ever watch Ben attack the rim? It’s not aggressively. It’s not like Giannis. He looks to pass out of that attempt or will contort his body to avoid contact for a finish. He’s had Neto on him. He doesn’t post up and back him down. Explain.

Tobias is more of a 3rd option. 2nd by default (like Sixers).

It's mental.

But you won, nice knowing you.