PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin's role is too small for his quality

PeroAntic
06-02-2021, 03:12 PM
I mean in Detroit this guy was hobbling and disinterested and pretending hes shit so that he gets traded. But it seems hes overcome his issues and plays 100% again. He can still jump and run and shoot and pass, so why are they using him as a 20 minute player? Surely he can contribute more.

rawimpact
06-02-2021, 03:19 PM
Another has-been player added to OP's list

As a player, you know you're well past your prime and nearly ending your career when OP becomes a fan of you

Xiao Yao You
06-02-2021, 03:21 PM
you'd think with him and Rose that Detroit would have fared a bit better

beasted
06-02-2021, 03:22 PM

As a player, you know you're well past your prime and nearly ending your career when OP becomes a fan of you
I lol'ed.

FultzNationRISE
06-02-2021, 03:26 PM
Agreed. Blake is not quite suited to be a first option/max player, but having him as a role player is INCREDIBLY advantageous. Extremely high IQ facilitator, while still being a significant threat to score. Especially if hes not the focus of the other teams defense.

Tbh having Griffin as a role player is the main reason I think the Nets are so dangerous. The supposed Big 3 are very unreliable as leaders, but the luxury of BG as a support player just puts them at such a talent threshold you cant really bet against them. They can afford to be headcases with that much talent. Without BG I honestly wouldnt be sure about that.

FultzNationRISE
06-02-2021, 03:27 PM

:oldlol:

True, tho in this case I think he happens to be right.

HBK_Kliq_2
06-02-2021, 03:30 PM
He's top 5 in minutes? Nash is actually smart to limit him to 20 because his defense will get exposed in the playoffs.

PeroAntic
06-02-2021, 03:52 PM
you'd think with him and Rose that Detroit would have fared a bit better

They played like 20 games together and it was between two surgeries for Blake, he could barely run:facepalm

not that I expect you to say anything resembling to intelligent ever

Smoke117
06-02-2021, 04:05 PM

/thread

Xiao Yao You
06-02-2021, 04:11 PM
Imagine the formidable squad you'd have if Lavine, Rose, Griffin and Jabari all teamed up! :cheers:

Smoke117
06-02-2021, 04:21 PM
Imagine the formidable squad you'd have if Lavine, Rose, Griffin and Jabari all teamed up! :cheers:

They’d be regularly giving up 130ppg.

PeroAntic
06-02-2021, 04:23 PM

Imagine Rudy Toody ever not getting destroyed by any elite center in the league

Xiao Yao You
06-02-2021, 04:30 PM
Imagine Rudy Toody ever not getting destroyed by any elite center in the league

what elite centers would those be? Towns? :lol

PeroAntic
06-02-2021, 04:33 PM
what elite centers would those be?

all of them

Xiao Yao You
06-02-2021, 04:35 PM
all of them

must've missed that. All I see is a whole lot of winning. Something you're not to accustomed to

PeroAntic
06-02-2021, 04:42 PM
must've missed that. All I see is a whole lot of winning. Something you're not to accustomed to

As you missed the fact that Rose and Blake played a handful of games together, but it didnt prevent you from talking didnt it.

Xiao Yao You
06-02-2021, 04:53 PM
As you missed the fact that Rose and Blake played a handful of games together, but it didnt prevent you from talking didnt it.

being on the court is part of winning games

tpols
06-02-2021, 04:58 PM
He starts at center. And they need the services of some of their taller players like Claxton to protect the rim.

ArbitraryWater
06-02-2021, 05:12 PM
OP is right on this one.

Griff hoodwinked everyone with his no-effort show this season in Detroit.

0 dunks in like 20 last games there.

He was actually a beast last year, its impossible to decline that much out of nowhere.

Then he gets traded and has like 22 dunks in 20 games for Brooklyn.

tpols
06-02-2021, 05:18 PM
OP is right on this one.

He was actually a beast last year, its impossible to decline that much out of nowhere.

Griffin was the sole focus of the defense with the Pistons. Now he's the 5th option so obviously hes going to get easy dunks off the action of others.

Smoke117
06-02-2021, 05:18 PM
OP is right on this one.

...Griffin played 18 games last year. You mean 2019.