PDA

View Full Version : Drummond, Griffin, Jackson... Cornerstones to Role Players

beasted
06-02-2021, 11:57 PM
A year and a half ago these 3 guys were the 3 highest paid players on a Detroit Pistons team that made the playoffs the year before. Fast-forward less than 2 years and they all make the minimum as role players and aren't in the top 4 best players on their teams.

What other players are teams over-paying and sinking their hopes and dreams into when ideally they should be role players making way less money?

Wiggins and Russell immediately comes to mind.

FultzNationRISE
06-03-2021, 12:03 AM
A year and a half ago these 3 guys were the 3 highest paid players on a Detroit Pistons team that made the playoffs the year before. Fast-forward less than 2 years and they all make the minimum as role players and aren't in the top 4 best players on their teams.

What other players are teams over-paying and sinking their hopes and dreams into when ideally they should be role players making way less money?

If mean if we’re judging on a curve, technically everyone’s a role player compared to Lebron.

Xiao Yao You
06-03-2021, 12:04 AM

Bojan, Mitchell, Favors and Clarkson

TheCorporation
06-03-2021, 12:08 AM
If mean if we’re judging on a curve, technically everyone’s a role player compared to Lebron.

+1

Kblaze8855
06-03-2021, 09:40 AM
Bojan, Mitchell, Favors and Clarkson

You really are the worst kinda fan. The homer who hates on his whole team to prop up the one or two he wants to rep. Your type have been the worst all through my life. Worse online though. The crazy Dirk fans back in the day who hated all the other mavs. The Lebron trolls who hated Wade. Kobe fans hating Shaq and pau. The Kwahi guy we have now hating every teammate he’s had. The psycho pierce fan who spent 10 years downplaying every other celtic. 3ball obviously. Nobody but Jordan was any good.

Donovan Mitchell is a 24 year old star probably going to the hall of fame. He does 36 on 53/51/95 in the playoffs last year and I’m certain ive seen you blame him for losing and this year you lose when they don’t let him play game one then he returns and puts up 29 a game on 45/40/90 still limited and your response is he should be a role player.

With fans like that who needs haters....no wonder athletes all grow so jaded. Nothing is enough for some.

Hes what most all time greats are. Great on the side of the ball that he’s great on. He’s not gonna be Gary Payton. But Payton won’t give you 50 in multiple playoff games either.

He doesn’t deserve half the hate he gets from you....but of course none of the other players do from your type of fan. Just make the mistake of being on the roster with who you feel obligated to prop up.

Xiao Yao You
06-03-2021, 04:05 PM
You really are the worst kinda fan. The homer who hates on his whole team to prop up the one or two he wants to rep. Your type have been the worst all through my life. Worse online though. The crazy Dirk fans back in the day who hated all the other mavs. The Lebron trolls who hated Wade. Kobe fans hating Shaq and pau. The Kwahi guy we have now hating every teammate he’s had. The psycho pierce fan who spent 10 years downplaying every other celtic. 3ball obviously. Nobody but Jordan was any good.

Donovan Mitchell is a 24 year old star probably going to the hall of fame. He does 36 on 53/51/95 in the playoffs last year and I’m certain ive seen you blame him for losing and this year you lose when they don’t let him play game one then he returns and puts up 29 a game on 45/40/90 still limited and your response is he should be a role player.

With fans like that who needs haters....no wonder athletes all grow so jaded. Nothing is enough for some.

Hes what most all time greats are. Great on the side of the ball that he’s great on. He’s not gonna be Gary Payton. But Payton won’t give you 50 in multiple playoff games either.

He doesn’t deserve half the hate he gets from you....but of course none of the other players do from your type of fan. Just make the mistake of being on the roster with who you feel obligated to prop up.

I don't hate the whole team. Not a fan of overpriced/overused gunners who don't play D though. Big fan of team play.

Mitchell is inefficient and puts no effort towards D and they gave him a super max contract. He'd certainly be better as their 6th man at this point of his career trying to earn his money instead of being handed a contract he hasn't earned. The D and ball movement are better when he's not playing generally. 13-6 without him. Someday he may actually live up to the hype. He certainly hasn't yet

Payton certainly might be given you 50 a game in multiple playoff games today especially on a neutral court with no fans.

Bojan can shoot and score and does little else while they play without a PF and has a huge contract for 2 more years. Again if he was in Clarkson's role he'd be a lot more likable. I actually liked him until the bubble last year when he was hurt and I figured they were probably better off without him. They certainly didn't have a problem scoring without him.

Clarkson has been absolutely horrible for months. Even when he's good he's hard to watch. Can't imagine standing around watching your teammate pound the ball and heave up a prayer every time he touches the ball. Probably my least favorite Jazz player ever and that is saying something! 3 more years on the huge contract they just gave him

Favors is alright but on the decline and 2 more years at 10 mill a year for him when they had a young guy making 1/3 of that who wasn't much worse and improving. Again they have no PF while all these guys get paid ridiculous amounts of money

coin24
06-03-2021, 07:40 PM
Cornerstones of a bottom feeder pistons team:lol

FultzNationRISE
06-03-2021, 07:49 PM

Exactly bro, I fuccin hate this kinda shit

Im Still Ballin
06-03-2021, 07:56 PM
Exactly bro, I fuccin hate this kinda shit

https://www.dieharddesigns.com/images/managed/Batman-Thinking.gif