PDA

View Full Version : If Stockton/Malone beat Shaq & Duncan and were nearly B2B champs in 97/98, then...

3ball
06-03-2021, 02:41 AM
Stockton/MJ would win every year.

Stockton ranks 8th all-time in BPM and had twice as many All-NBA awards as Pippen, while averaging 17/14 with 3 steals in his prime.. So he would win every year with MJ.

This proves that Pippen wasn't needed to win many titles - he simply came along at the right time when expansion spread the talent around evenly, so 2-star teams could be champions (not super-teams like the 80's)... Obviously, anyone wins alongside the goat in a 2-star vs 2-star format.

Axe
06-03-2021, 02:46 AM
I hope op literally gets ran over by a car tomorrow.

- said beelzebub circa 2021 :ohwell:

3ball
06-03-2021, 02:51 AM
I hope op literally gets ran over by a car tomorrow.

- said beelzebub circa 2021 :ohwell:

Btw, the above formula works for any duo to minimize Pippen - aka Kemp/Payton were dominant and title-worthy, so Kemp/MJ would win every year... Or Dumars/Isiah + role players were B2B champs, so Dumars/MJ would demolish everyone.... Or KJ/Barkley were nearly champs, so KJ/MJ would win every year.. Heck, KJ/Chambers beat Magic and nearly made the Finals in 90', so KJ/MJ would obviously win it that year...

Sulico
06-03-2021, 03:26 AM
Yes, but Rip Hamilton won with Chauncey Billups but couldn't get to the playoffs with Jordan which proves that Billups>Jordan.

Smoke117
06-03-2021, 03:29 AM
1-9. No Pip, no chips

3ball
06-03-2021, 03:45 AM
Yes, but Rip Hamilton won with Chauncey Billups but couldn't get to the playoffs with Jordan which proves that Billups>Jordan.

You guys are crying because Lebron is sputtering at 36 - wait another 3 years until he's 39 like Wizards MJ

Of course, the Wizards were actually the 4 seed and Jordan was 1 of 3 guys averaging 25/5/5 until he got hurt in game 47... So your point is moot anyway.

Axe
06-03-2021, 03:46 AM
Look who's mentioned lebron aka king kong first itt. :confusedshrug:

3ball
06-03-2021, 04:13 AM
Look who's mentioned lebron aka king kong first itt. :confusedshrug:

Avoid the substance per your normal. Can't handle mama's cookin

Phoenix
06-03-2021, 04:13 AM
Thread cliffs..............

Nobody cares.

3ball
06-03-2021, 04:18 AM
Thread cliffs..............

Nobody cares.

It's over for you tomorrow. You'll be dead to me

Phoenix
06-03-2021, 04:22 AM
It's over for you tomorrow. You'll be dead to me

Not sure what's over for me but ok bub.

Sulico
06-03-2021, 04:27 AM
You guys are crying because Lebron is sputtering at 36 - wait another 3 years until he's 39 like Wizards MJ

Of course, the Wizards were actually the 4 seed and Jordan was 1 of 3 guys averaging 25/5/5 until he got hurt in game 47... So your point is moot anyway.

You didn't even mention that MJ couldn't get out of 1st or 2nd round with Charles Oakley, while Patrick Ewing went to the finals with Oakley. This proves that Ewing was better than MJ.

Also Pippen won six titles with dynamic primary scorer in the 90s. And he almost beaten champion Lakers with Rasheed Wallace as his primary scorer. Rasheed never scored more than 19PPG and he scored 16PPG in 2000. This proves that all Pippen needed to win is 20+ PPG primary scorer. Jordan wasn't needed, he simply came along and won in watered down league. If you give Pippen Barkley, or Malone or Wilkins, hell, even Reggie Miller, he would win at least 6 but probably more cuz 94-95 would result in rings too.

3ball
06-03-2021, 07:05 PM
You didn't even mention that MJ couldn't get out of 1st or 2nd round with Charles Oakley, while Patrick Ewing went to the finals with Oakley. This proves that Ewing was better than MJ.

Ewing had many years to develop with Oakley before making the Finals, whereas MJ made the 2nd Round right away with Oakley before Oakley got traded..

Phoenix
06-03-2021, 07:06 PM
So recapping, nobody cares anymore today than they did yesterday.

3ball
06-03-2021, 07:14 PM

So recapping, you're repeatedly derailing a thread that's getting legitimate responses because you're shitting bricks that your fake goat can't come through? Again?

Phoenix
06-03-2021, 07:22 PM
So recapping, you're repeatedly derailing a thread that's getting legitimate responses because you're shitting bricks that your fake goat can't come through? Again?

So recapping, you're repeatedly derailing the entire forum with redundant topic after redundant topic, defending the legacy of a player who retired 20 years ago acting like he needs some maniacal nobody on the internet making 30k posts about the same bullshit.......every. single. day.

Also, who is my fake goat again? I don't recall making any such argument for who you're obviously talking about. It's hilarious that you think everyone who is a fan of Michael Jordan is as possessed and obsessed as you are. I also seem to recall you saying last night that today I'd be dead to you so why are you replying?

3ball
06-03-2021, 07:31 PM
So recapping, you're repeatedly derailing the entire forum with redundant topic after redundant topic, defending the legacy of a player who retired 20 years ago acting like he needs some maniacal nobody on the internet making 30k posts about the same bullshit.......every. single. day.

Also, who is my fake goat again? I don't recall making any such argument for who you're obviously talking about. It's hilarious that you think everyone who is a fan of Michael Jordan is as possessed and obsessed as you are. I also seem to recall you saying last now that today I'd be dead to you so why are you replying?

^^^ Lol shook..

You're that worried about your goat getting confirmed as fake again tonight?..

Or just insecure in general?..

Either way, I don't have a problem with you venting itt. I'm charitable

Phoenix
06-03-2021, 07:34 PM
^^^ Lol shook..

You're that worried about your goat getting confirmed as fake again tonight?..

Or just insecure in general?..

Either way, I don't have a problem with you venting itt. I'm charitable

Whatever gets you through the day if you think anybody comes off as shook and insecure as you. Right down to thinking you throwing some 'your fake GOAT' bullshit my way is supposed to send me off the rails or something. Nice try, but no.

SouBeachTalents
06-03-2021, 07:37 PM
Whatever gets you through the day if you think anybody comes off as shook and insecure as you. Right down to thinking you throwing some 'your fake GOAT' bullshit my way is supposed to send me off the rails or something. Nice try, but no.
Show some respeck, that's the guy who called Oubre > Klay

Phoenix
06-03-2021, 07:38 PM

:lol

3ball
06-03-2021, 07:39 PM

he IS better, pre-2014 (pre-3-point contest era)

guys like curry and klay weren't even 20 point scorers or were role players pre-3-point era

Manny98
06-03-2021, 07:39 PM
No Pip, No Chip

Jordan was a first round loser until Pippen came along

SouBeachTalents
06-03-2021, 07:41 PM
he IS better, pre-2015 (pre-3-point contest era)
Yeah, I could see why you'd think unfavorably of the 3 point contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsjukb2NttM&t

3ball
06-03-2021, 07:54 PM

According to NBA.com, 70% of Curry's threes are "open" or "wide open", and this number is over 80% for the league as a whole ...

So Jordan would have plenty of open looks and "shrug" games in today's 3-point format - today's 3-point format would realize the full capacity of Jordan's goat shooting form.

Jordan shot 35.2% on 2.1 attempts in the 85-93' Playoffs, which was elite for that time period (Bird shot 35.3% on 1.9 attempts from 80-88').

More importantly, anytime Jordan shot more than bailout volume, he shot well - he had less than 1.5 attempts every year except 90' and 93 (when he shot well)... And he shot 39% on 4 attempts in the 93' Playoffs and 92' Finals..

It's funny that many people delude themselves into thinking beginner jumpshooters like Giannis and Zion can develop into viable shooters, but are pessimistic about a consensus goat that already became the goat 2-point jumpshooter.

AirBonner
06-03-2021, 08:10 PM
MJ retired a 2nd time to avoid facing Tim Duncan

And1AllDay
06-03-2021, 08:33 PM
No Pip, No Chip

Jordan was a first round loser until Pippen came along

this

3ball
06-03-2021, 08:52 PM

Lebron missed the walk-off attempt and needed Ray Allen to save him:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/10-05-2015/XxRuyC.gif

Jordan made his walk-off attempt in his first meeting against Duncan/Popovich to send the game into overtime:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/10-05-2015/rP-QUs.gif

After hitting the walk-off, MJ dominated overtime, including 2 dunks over Duncan here (https://media.giphy.com/media/26tn2Uph26JX7BeHS/giphy.gif)

In his 2nd meeting against Duncan, MJ dominated Duncan even more thoroughly:

https://media.giphy.com/media/TbKAH5Pl5N91S/giphy.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-11-2015/cyFnUr.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/VgAj53MW9ee5O/giphy.gif

It's obvious that Jordan only ever DOMINATED Duncan and guys like Duncan - they weren't "rivals" like they are for Lebron.. 6/6

baudkarma
06-03-2021, 09:07 PM

Yep, pretty much. :popcorn:

is that an emogi? If not, someone needs to make it one.

ELITEpower23
06-03-2021, 10:21 PM

And a 3rd time to avoid LeBron

3ball
06-04-2021, 06:16 AM
And a 3rd time to avoid LeBron

Jordan had nothing to fear because he outperformed lebron against the same comp:

03' Jordan.... 19.3 PER
04' Lebron.... 18.3 PER

clipps
06-04-2021, 07:19 AM
Malone's a pedophile.