PDA

View Full Version : Who should be Lukas number 2 running mate?

90sgoat
06-03-2021, 03:23 PM
They're doing this on the other forum, so lets have the discussion here. We all agree that KP aint it.

This is who I think Luka needs:

1. A veteran point guard playmaker

You know what, I would want Rajon Rondo, which I understand is never going to happen or CP3, which might happen.

It needs to be a confident, veteran, point guard who can create. It absolutely needs to be someone who is mentally tough and experienced, because otherwise Luka will just ignore them.

CP3 would be a great addition.

Some people say Lowry. I am not a fan of Lowry, but he fits the profile and he is a champion. Fred Van Vleet? Evan Fournier?

2. A rim running defensive center

Gobert basically.

Or someone else like Gobert. I also like someone like Miles Turner. Christian Wood, but I haven't watched him. Zubac.

This should be fairly easy to fin.

ImKobe
06-03-2021, 03:34 PM
Dragic would be a perfect fit for the Mavs IMO.

FultzNationRISE
06-03-2021, 03:37 PM
Should be a lengthy, athletic wing IMO. Their perimeter guys are all tall and slow, or short and quick. They need a 3-4 tweener with length who can finish at the basket. Luka already plays point guard by default, and they can pick up a rim protector somewhere without a ton of investment. They should be using their assets to pursue an athletic wing who can finish.

Problem is KPs trade value is probably shit right now.

90sgoat
06-03-2021, 07:24 PM
Should be a lengthy, athletic wing IMO. Their perimeter guys are all tall and slow, or short and quick. They need a 3-4 tweener with length who can finish at the basket. Luka already plays point guard by default, and they can pick up a rim protector somewhere without a ton of investment. They should be using their assets to pursue an athletic wing who can finish.

Problem is KPs trade value is probably shit right now.

Do you have a name?

PG? Kawhi?

I don't think Luka wants to share the spotlight, he wants to win on his own like the greats did before.

That makes it more difficult. Needs to be a high level role player.

90sgoat
06-03-2021, 07:25 PM

RIP defense though, but yes, he would be perfect.

Could start, but mostly play with the second unit.

FultzNationRISE
06-03-2021, 07:58 PM
Do you have a name?

PG? Kawhi?

I don't think Luka wants to share the spotlight, he wants to win on his own like the greats did before.

Someone like PG or Siakam or Middleton would be a good fit IMO, tho neither is gonna happen. Or a young Draymond type (not as a second scoring option, but a good fit with Doncic).

Not sure many guys like that are available tho, esp considering KP is really the only thing they have to offer back.

And1AllDay
06-03-2021, 08:39 PM
Do you have a name?

PG? Kawhi?

thats not true mike was a great and he shared.success with pip

no pip...

AirBonner
06-03-2021, 08:40 PM
Because he’s white lol

HBK_Kliq_2
06-03-2021, 08:42 PM
Maybe somebody like in 5 or 6 years from now on a different franchise. Nobody is going to Dallas.

AirBonner
06-03-2021, 08:43 PM
Maybe somebody like in 5 or 6 years from now on a different franchise. Nobody is going to Dallas.

Kawhi might after he gets bounced by them

90sgoat
06-03-2021, 08:44 PM
Because he’s white lol

Don't lie, some black players just don't want to play second fiddle to a white star.

FultzNationRISE
06-03-2021, 08:45 PM

I mean I been sayin for a minute, Luka and Zion need to join up on the Lakers in a few years when LilBJ arrives.

Get it DONE, PELINKA.

scuzzy
06-03-2021, 08:51 PM
Maybe somebody like in 5 or 6 years from now on a different franchise. Nobody is going to Dallas.DT Dallas is poppin

Euro/Slav nerd confirmed