PDA

View Full Version : Just Crown The Nets Already. LeBron/AD Out = Snooze Playoffs

Foster5k
06-04-2021, 08:15 AM
Nets about to cruise to a championship. Wake me up next season, when we get a rested LeBron + healthy AD and the Warriors + Klay.

Airupthere
06-04-2021, 08:19 AM
Thats the problem with being a lebron stan, there is no life outside lebron

ArbitraryWater
06-04-2021, 08:21 AM
I dont think LeBron+AD would be much of a challenge with how badly constructed the team is.

Warriors with Klay neither.

You need a 3rd supertar, like they have.

And an all-star as 4th guy, like they have in Joe Harris aka Klay 2.0.

Its just boredom.

Lakers would need to add Curry or Kawhi. Or the Warriors. Then you'd have a match.

ArbitraryWater
06-04-2021, 08:22 AM
The sad thing is, had Harden gone to Philly, we would have had the most balanced league maybe ever.

hold this L
06-04-2021, 08:24 AM
Nets were always going to destroy everyone man, just let it go.

The sad thing is, had Harden gone to Philly, we would have had the most balanced league maybe ever.
Fax. East would have been fun. It looks like Nets just replaced Lebron out East.

ShawkFactory
06-04-2021, 08:46 AM
People are overlooking the Bucks.

That series is going to be an absolute war.

Foster5k
06-04-2021, 08:50 AM

That series is going to be an absolute war.:oldlol::oldlol::roll:

hold this L
06-04-2021, 08:58 AM

That series is going to be an absolute war.

My view has been the only team for this season that can stop the Nets is the Bucks. Everyone else.. would get destroyed.

deathawaitu
06-04-2021, 09:00 AM
Lol Lakers was never a threat to win this year

Last year was basically a practice season

Once we saw some fans, Lebron went back to his choking ways

I'm Smart
06-04-2021, 09:16 AM
If offensive talent is your only consideration, the Nets should easily win the title. Reality does not always play out that way. I make no predictions, because I have no confidence in any outcome. That being said, if you go back throughout NBA history, as far back as DRtg was recorded anyways, the Nets would be the worst defensive team ever to win the title when comparing them to their peers of any given year. Additionally, the NBA champion usually has a top 5 defense in the regular season, and is almost always a top 10 defense in the regular season.

The Nets ranked 22nd in DRtg. The Nets ranked 24th in DRtg when adjusting for strength of opponent offense. Their net rating was 7th league wide and all 6 teams that were ahead of them are still in the hunt.

They might not beat Milwaukee and they might not have beaten a healthy Philadelphia squad. Their big three didn't play that many games together, so it's hard to definitively determine anything, but nothing they have really done has inspired any confidence towards them being able to produce a a strong defense for 7 games against an elite team. We will see.

But the people that are so incredibly confident of any outcome should put a lot of money on it. It's a no-brainer, right?

ArbitraryWater
06-04-2021, 10:06 AM
If offensive talent is your only consideration, the Nets should easily win the title. Reality does not always play out that way. I make no predictions, because I have no confidence in any outcome. That being said, if you go back throughout NBA history, as far back as DRtg was recorded anyways, the Nets would be the worst defensive team ever to win the title when comparing them to their peers of any given year. Additionally, the NBA champion usually has a top 5 defense in the regular season, and is almost always a top 10 defense in the regular season.

The Nets ranked 22nd in DRtg. The Nets ranked 24th in DRtg when adjusting for strength of opponent offense. Their net rating was 7th league wide and all 6 teams that were ahead of them are still in the hunt.

They might not beat Milwaukee and they might not have beaten a healthy Philadelphia squad. Their big three didn't play that many games together, so it's hard to definitively determine anything, but nothing they have really done has inspired any confidence towards them being able to produce a a strong defense for 7 games against an elite team. We will see.

But the people that are so incredibly confident of any outcome should put a lot of money on it. It's a no-brainer, right?

they are the best offensive team of all time, though.

They set a new precedent.

They can be bad defensive, they'll still outscore you though.

HylianNightmare
06-04-2021, 10:08 AM
I hope so. Just glad lefruad is out

Airupthere
06-04-2021, 10:10 AM
I hope so. Just glad lefruad is out

Same here. I hope he takes his legacy of colluding with him on his way out.

bullettooth
06-04-2021, 10:11 AM
LeBum finally being out is such a breathe of fresh air. I can't wait to see a NEW team win it all. No more of this Lakers bullshit (17 chips not enough?), no more LeBron and no more Warriors or Spurs. FINALLY.

tpols
06-04-2021, 10:12 AM
:oldlol::oldlol::roll:

Why are you laughing? Giannis has put up Shaq lines on us, plus Middleton and Jrue are All Star talents.

LoneyROY7
06-04-2021, 10:32 AM
EuroGM has Brooklyn as severe underdogs against Milwaukee.

Can they do the impossible??

Duderonomy
06-04-2021, 12:16 PM
The winner of the Bucks series will be the favorite going forward.
Also keep in mind KD and Kyrie are injury prone and counting on both to stay healthy isn't a lock.

TheCorporation
06-04-2021, 12:21 PM
Thats the problem with being a lebron stan, there is no life outside lebron

Coming from a guy with multiple accounts and thousands of posts about...LeBron.

TheCorporation
06-04-2021, 12:22 PM

Kenny and Chuck both picked the Bucks last night, too.

bullettooth
06-04-2021, 12:23 PM
Coming from a guy with multiple accounts and thousands of posts about...LeBron.

Pot. Kettle.

https://i.postimg.cc/cL8PHH0p/wheels.gif

hold this L
06-04-2021, 12:26 PM
The winner of the Bucks series will be the favorite going forward.
Also keep in mind KD and Kyrie are injury prone and counting on both to stay healthy isn't a lock.

Doesn't really matter. As long as Harden is fit, Nets can win with KD or Kyrie out. If Harden goes out, than Nets are going to flame out.

jayfan
06-04-2021, 02:02 PM
Doesn't really matter. As long as Harden is fit, Nets can win with KD or Kyrie out. If Harden goes out, than Nets are going to flame out.

You're tripping. Harden is Harden, and playoffs are playoffs. Once things get tight, you'll need both Kyrie & KD to overcome Harden.

999Guy
06-04-2021, 02:07 PM
You're tripping. Harden is Harden, and playoffs are playoffs. Once things get tight, you'll need both Kyrie & KD to overcome Harden.

Fewer and fewer people are dumb enough to believe stuff like this anymore.

Harden might quite literally be as good or better than KD and Kyrie’s impact on the game combined.

The stats like BPM, RAPTOR, PIPM literally agree.

jayfan
06-04-2021, 02:10 PM
Fewer and fewer people are dumb enough to believe stuff like this anymore.

Harden might quite literally be as good or better than KD and Kyrie’s impact on the game combined.

The stats like BPM, RAPTOR, PIPM literally agree.

And those stats cover which games of his, exactly? The ones where he chokes and cowers in games 6 or 7 of a playoff series? Or otherwise meaningless games that don't pertain to my post?

LoneyROY7
06-04-2021, 02:42 PM
And those stats cover which games of his, exactly? The ones where he chokes and cowers in games 6 or 7 of a playoff series? Or otherwise meaningless games that don't pertain to my post?

Aww look, it's a braindead mouthbreather who thinks it's still 2017.

In Harden's last 20 playoff games, he's averaging over 30/8/6 on 65+ TS%. Those include game 6s and game 7s. Then again, I wouldn't except someone with a microscopic IQ such as yours to be capable of even comprehending that.

Phoenix
06-04-2021, 04:44 PM
Don't think it's much of a stretch to say the 'unofficial' finals this year is Nets-Bucks. I don't see the winner of that series losing to whoever is left out west or, presumably, the Sixers in the ECFs.

tpols
06-04-2021, 05:26 PM
Don't think it's much of a stretch to say the 'unofficial' finals this year is Nets-Bucks. I don't see the winner of that series losing to whoever is left out west or, presumably, the Sixers in the ECFs.

So long as the Clippers lose then I agree. There were only 4 real contenders... Nets, Bucks, Clippers, and (healthy) Lakers. Luka might **** around and make things interesting though.

jayfan
06-04-2021, 06:26 PM
Aww look, it's a braindead mouthbreather who thinks it's still 2017.

In Harden's last 20 playoff games, he's averaging over 30/8/6 on 65+ TS%. Those include game 6s and game 7s. Then again, I wouldn't except someone with a microscopic IQ such as yours to be capable of even comprehending that.

2017? The OKC series was maybe, what, 9 months ago? Forgot about that one, did ya? :facepalm

Look, don't be a hurt fanboy just because your hero chokes when the pressure's on. That Game 7 film is probably being studied clinically the scared was so bad. Brutal.

nineiron
06-04-2021, 07:40 PM
Is OP on crack? This is turning out to be the most exciting playoffs in a long time.

And1AllDay
06-19-2021, 11:36 PM

No :(