PDA

View Full Version : Luka is a better all around player than MJ was at 21

Vino24
06-04-2021, 02:49 PM
He’s averaging 28/8/9 :biggums:

Airupthere
06-04-2021, 02:52 PM
Luka is very impressive playing with a lot of composure for his age, or any age for that matter. I'm excited to see what he does later on.

TheMan
06-04-2021, 03:18 PM
Luka is tearing it up in a much softer offensive friendly era :applause: Not his fault, but good on him to take advantage of this marshmallow era!

Vino24
06-04-2021, 03:20 PM
Luka is tearing it up in a much softer offensive friendly era :applause: Not his fault, but good on him to take advantage of this marshmallow era!

He’s on the cusp of disposing the MJ replica

TheMan
06-04-2021, 03:32 PM
He’s on the cusp of disposing the MJ replica

Ok

tontoz
06-04-2021, 03:35 PM
Keep in mind that MJ was a rookie as a pro at age 21. This is Luka's 3rd season in the NBA and he played professionally for several years in Europe.

RogueBorg
06-04-2021, 03:38 PM

With Westbrick averaging triple-double's over 3 seasons it tells you how meaningless the rebound and assist numbers are.

Same with Lestatpad

Vino24
06-04-2021, 03:40 PM
With Westbrick averaging triple-double's over 3 seasons it tells you how meaningless the rebound and assist numbers are.

Same with Lestatpad

Cool. MJ literally walked over to the stats table and asked what he had

RogueBorg
06-04-2021, 03:44 PM
Cool. MJ literally walked over to the stats table and asked what he had

Do you have any video evidence of MJ doing that? No?

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2520602/lestats.0.gif

Shutup scrub

sportjames23
06-04-2021, 04:00 PM
LOL these Bron stans done moved on to the next guy now that they can’t compare Bron to MJ anymore.

Spurs m8
06-04-2021, 04:05 PM
So we gonna allow for the inflated stats of today's era?

I like both of them...but this isn't an accurate way to measure it

TheCorporation
06-04-2021, 04:07 PM
LOL these Bron stans done moved on to the next guy now that they can’t compare Bron to MJ anymore.

Mike needed a perfectly crafted system. He needed it tailor made to win. Mike won because of a system.

He needed to have an elite 2 way player at small forward, No Pip? NO CHIP. He needed the legendary GOAT head coach. He had to play in Chicago. He had to play under no legal zone defense.

Give LBJ the worst front office that hadn't won a championship in 50 years and he will find a way to win. Stick Lebron in Cleveland, Miami, Los Angeles. It doesn't matter. LeBron's number two option star can be a point guard like Kyrie, a shooting guard like Dwayne Wade, or a big man like Anthony Davis. Again, it doesn't matter, he always finds a way to win. And don't forget, Ty Lue is no Phil Jackson.

Michael needed a tailor made, perfectly crafted system to get out of the 1st round.

LeBron just needed a ball.

dankok8
06-04-2021, 04:44 PM
Yea.. He might be better than rookie Jordan.

Kblaze8855
06-04-2021, 04:46 PM
The term “all around” here referring I suppose to a guard getting rebounds and not playing both ends of the floor?

tontoz
06-04-2021, 04:47 PM
Mike needed a perfectly crafted system. He needed it tailor made to win. Mike won because of a system.

He needed to have an elite 2 way player at small forward, No Pip? NO CHIP. He needed the legendary GOAT head coach. He had to play in Chicago. He had to play under no legal zone defense.

Give LBJ the worst front office that hadn't won a championship in 50 years and he will find a way to win. Stick Lebron in Cleveland, Miami, Los Angeles. It doesn't matter. LeBron's number two option star can be a point guard like Kyrie, a shooting guard like Dwayne Wade, or a big man like Anthony Davis. Again, it doesn't matter, he always finds a way to win. And don't forget, Ty Lue is no Phil Jackson.

Michael needed a tailor made, perfectly crafted system to get out of the 1st round.

:oldlol:

MJ didn't have Pippen or Jackson at age 21, the season OP is referencing. He joined a team that had back to back sub 30 win seasons full of guys doing drugs.

1987_Lakers
06-04-2021, 04:52 PM
Again, people fail to realize that in MJs first few years teams were averaging 110-115 ppg on 50 fg%.

fsvr54
06-04-2021, 05:09 PM
He's been 22 since Feb 28th, so nothing past that counts in this thread.

TheMan
06-04-2021, 05:11 PM

So MJ just needed one sidekick and LBJ a myriad of help and he's still chasing MJ's ghost going on almost 2 decades of basketball?...ok :lol

1987_Lakers
06-04-2021, 05:16 PM
So MJ just needed one sidekick and LBJ a myriad of help and he's still chasing MJ's ghost going on almost 2 decades of basketball?...ok :lol

You are late to the party, LeBron is no longer chasing, the debate was settled last season my friend.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2007234

TheMan
06-04-2021, 05:22 PM
You are late to the party, LeBron is no longer chasing, the debate was settled last season my friend.

Lol, I'm gonna take what a bunch of neckbearded incel losers on some goofy message board say over what most former and current NBA coaches, players and fans say...LMAO

Still chasing MJ's ghost :ohwell:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-04-2021, 05:26 PM
Lol, I'm gonna take what a bunch of neckbearded incel losers on some goofy message board say over what most former and current NBA coaches, players and fans say...LMAO

FWIW, a few days later, the main board there actually voted Jordan "GOAT".

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2008047

He won by hundreds of votes.

1987_Lakers
06-04-2021, 05:27 PM

Those "neckbearded fans" are the most knowledgeable basketball fans on any forum.

And then you have this...
https://backpicks.com/2017/12/11/the-backpicks-goat-the-40-best-careers-in-nba-history/

And also GM Daryl Morey called LeBron the GOAT. They are out there.

TheMan
06-04-2021, 05:30 PM
Those "neckbearded fans" are the most knowledgeable basketball fans on any forum.

And then you have this...
https://backpicks.com/2017/12/11/the-backpicks-goat-the-40-best-careers-in-nba-history/

And also GM Daryl Morey called LeBron the GOAT. They are out there.

Kuniva already answered your question from the "most knowledgeable basketball fans on any forum" so there you go...why you lying to me, mang???

next

1987_Lakers
06-04-2021, 05:37 PM
Kuniva already answered your question from the "most knowledgeable basketball fans on any forum" so there you go...why you lying to me, mang???

next

Sorry, im going with the thread I posted instead, a much more detailed analysis of why people voted the way they did.

Gohan
06-04-2021, 05:39 PM
The term “all around” here referring I suppose to a guard getting rebounds and not playing both ends of the floor?
:roll:
Lmao

tontoz
06-04-2021, 05:39 PM

Thought you might like this pic...

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/.highres/tumblr_lmplpkkLw61qhdfeyo1_500.jpg

TheMan
06-04-2021, 05:40 PM
Sorry, im going with the thread I posted instead, a much more detailed analysis of why people voted the way they did.

So you're cherrypicking polls that fit your narrative but disregard the vast majority that pick MJ...makes sense, lol.

TheMan
06-04-2021, 05:43 PM
Thought you might like this pic...

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/.highres/tumblr_lmplpkkLw61qhdfeyo1_500.jpg

Lol, going on 2 decades worth of basketball :ohwell:

1987_Lakers
06-04-2021, 05:45 PM

So you're cherrypicking polls that fit your narrative but disregard the vast majority that pick MJ...makes sense, lol.

Not cherry picking at all, read both threads and tell me which one has better, detailed responses by the posters. Any nutjob can just vote and not even post.

Next.

Micku
06-04-2021, 05:46 PM
It's really amazing how MJ is the standard in the NBA still. Every time a player is good, they compare that person to him. It's been nearly 20 years since he last played, and what you are comparing him to was more than 30 years ago. When he was a rookie and the game changed.

It shows MJ impact for sure. Ppl who probably didn't even watch him play is constantly looking for the next MJ or the player that will be better than MJ lol.

But yes, Luka good.

TheMan
06-04-2021, 05:47 PM
Not cherry picking at all, read both threads and tell me which one has better, detailed responses by the posters. Any nutjob can just vote and not even post.

Next.

Meh, you're in the decided majority of what polls say...and RealGM posters are now nutjobs? What happened to "they are the most knowledgeable basketball fans on the internet"? Make up your damn mind, can't have it both ways but then again, Bran stans aren't very logical. :ohwell:

next

Gohan
06-04-2021, 05:47 PM

Next.

Oh so typing long posts means something? I guess fultz is the smartest poster here huh?

TheMan
06-04-2021, 05:49 PM
It's really amazing how MJ is the standard in the NBA still. Every time a player is good, they compare that person to him. It's been nearly 20 years since he last played, and what you are comparing him to was more than 30 years ago. When he was a rookie and the game changed.

It shows MJ impact for sure. Ppl who probably didn't even watch him play is constantly looking for the next MJ or the player that will be better than MJ lol.

But yes, Luka good.

That's what I'm saying, they get compared to MJ, not LBJ...Jordan is the gold standard.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-04-2021, 05:52 PM
The page I linked had plenty of 'detailed analysis' lol. Thread went 26 pages, littered with stats and people with different arguments.

Hundreds of votes were polled from regulars there. AKA non-trolls. But believe what you want :confusedshrug:

1987_Lakers
06-04-2021, 05:52 PM
Oh so typing long posts means something? I guess fultz is the smartest poster here huh?

He's extremely high IQ actually, he just trolls the shit out of you guys and it seems to work. :oldlol:

TheCorporation
06-04-2021, 05:54 PM
Luka for Pete Myers on 1994 Bulls.

Ez 4-peat

1987_Lakers
06-04-2021, 05:55 PM
Meh, you're in the decided majority of what polls say...and RealGM posters are now nutjobs? What happened to "they are the most knowledgeable basketball fans on the internet"? Make up your damn mind, can't have it both ways but then again, Bran stans are very logical. :ohwell:

next

One thread was a simple poll in which anyone can vote including the noobies. The other was an actual project in which the highest of IQs participated in.

The sooner you accept LeBron as the GOAT, the better it will be for you.

Next.

TheMan
06-04-2021, 06:00 PM
One thread was a simple poll in which anyone can vote including the noobies. The other was an actual project in which the highest of IQs participated in.

Next.

Not happening so moot point.

Witnessing the way fringe NBA top 20 Booker anally raped your boiKing, I would've assumed you morons would be a bit more humble here today but then again, self awareness isn't your strong point. Stay losing, friend-o.

6-15 > 4-18

Magic Is Magic
06-04-2021, 06:00 PM

Next.

I am a panel voter member on Real GM and the people there really take these votes seriously. There is no major trolling or hyperbole, mostly serious fans that love the game. It was a very close vote for the #1 spot but LeBron finally edged Jordan for that top spot. Most top tens are fairly similar to begin with so who cares if LBJ or MJ is #1 or #2. I could argue either case quite easily. That's how close it is. The panel members take voting seriously and it is a fun project to be a part of. Take care.

1987_Lakers
06-04-2021, 06:03 PM
Not happening so moot point. Witnessing the way Booker anally raped your boiKing, I would've assumed you morons would be a bit more humble here today but then again, a lack of self awareness isn't your strong point. Stay losing, friend-o.

LeBron is 36, played on a high ankle sprain, and was without his best teammate. I'm sorry, but the one that lacks self awareness is you.

Stay losing, friend-o.

1-9.

1987_Lakers
06-04-2021, 06:03 PM
I am a panel voter member on Real GM and the people there really take these votes seriously. There is no major trolling or hyperbole, mostly serious fans that love the game. It was a very close vote for the #1 spot but LeBron finally edged Jordan for that top spot. Most top tens are fairly similar to begin with so who cares if LBJ or MJ is #1 or #2. I could argue either case quite easily. That's how close it is. The panel members take voting seriously and it is a fun project to be a part of. Take care.

:cheers:

TheMan
06-04-2021, 06:06 PM
LeBron is 36, played on a high ankle sprain, and was without his best teammate. I'm sorry, but the one that lacks self awareness is you.

Stay losing, friend-o.

1-9.

1-9 isn't a thing high IQ posters argue so I will assume you're a troll and thus will be treated as such. I also doubt you post at RealGM, you're a proven liar with little credibility. I'm not wasting my time with a troll...

next

Sarcastic
06-04-2021, 06:07 PM

That vote was completely compromised. They had like 20 Bron Stans sign up to vote him #1, and then disappear for every vote after. The player comparison board is a Lebron Stan safe space, where they all gather to stroke his ****.

1987_Lakers
06-04-2021, 06:31 PM
1-9 isn't a thing high IQ posters argue so I will assume you're a troll and thus will be treated as such. I also doubt you post at RealGM, you're a proven liar with little credibility. I'm not wasting my time with a troll...

next

Triggered.

I'm sorry simple facts upset you.

TheCorporation
06-04-2021, 06:34 PM

next

1-9 is real. It's a fact.

You just wish it wasn't

And the great thing about facts are that they dont care about what you wish :lol

2much_knowledge
06-04-2021, 06:35 PM
So now they jumped to the luka wagon lol

Everything revolves around Jordan.

Everyone gets compared to Mj because he is the standard i see

18 years later, still as relevant as always

TheCorporation
06-04-2021, 06:36 PM
So now they jumped to the luka wagon lol

Everything revolves around Jordan.

Everyone gets compared to Mj because he is the standard i see

18 years later, still as relevant as always

Good luck

HoopsNY
06-04-2021, 06:51 PM
Again, people fail to realize that in MJs first few years teams were averaging 110-115 ppg on 50 fg%.

The '85 Bulls averaged 108.7 PPG on a 99.4 pace.

The '21 Mavs averaged 112.4 PPG on a 97.3 pace.

In any case, Luka isn't the defensive player that MJ was at 21. So this thread is dumb.

insight
06-04-2021, 07:07 PM
Luka should never be compared to Jordan, two different players with completely different styles of play and skills.. Compare Luka to Larry Bird or Pistol Pete or 36 year old Lebron.

2much_knowledge
06-04-2021, 07:09 PM
Luka should never be compared to Jordan, two different players with completely different styles of play and skills.. Compare Luka to Larry Bird or Pistol Pete or 36 year old Lebron.

These people act like Luka ain't behing Birds production at the end of their 3rd season. Its pretty one sided actually

insight
06-04-2021, 07:14 PM
These people act like Luka ain't behing Birds production at the end of their 3rd season. Its pretty one sided actually

The closest comparison to me is Tony Kukoc, he was extremely skilled like Luka and dominated in Europe. The only difference is the NBA was much more physical back then so Tony never really became that dominant.

3ball
06-04-2021, 07:19 PM
Luka is beating short-term, mercenary teamwork (Clippers' collusion), while Jordan beat long-term, organic juggernauts - the same organic teams that destroy Lebron (Mavs, Warriors, Spurs-style teams)

Heck, organic kingpins like the 98' Jazz ragdolled Shaq and Duncan because they'd been together for 10+ years and had been through many WARS... ditto the 98' Pacers, Knicks, and many other teams from that era - the long-term, organic teamwork of prior eras was superior basketball than today's short-term, mercenary teamwork.

Axe
06-04-2021, 07:26 PM

He probably he hates him ever since but prefers to be lowkey instead :(

Manny98
06-04-2021, 07:26 PM
Luka at 21 is about to beat a 2 superstar Clippers team that were heavy favourites, whilst putting up GOAT offensinve numbers

MJ at the same age was first round fodder

Bronbron23
06-04-2021, 07:52 PM

He's fatter and whiter that's about it

Vino24
06-04-2021, 07:58 PM
Luka is beating short-term, mercenary teamwork (Clippers' collusion), while Jordan beat long-term, organic juggernauts - the same organic teams that destroy Lebron (Mavs, Warriors, Spurs-style teams)

Heck, organic kingpins like the 98' Jazz ragdolled Shaq and Duncan because they'd been together for 10+ years and had been through many WARS... ditto the 98' Pacers, Knicks, and many other teams from that era - the long-term, organic teamwork of prior eras was superior basketball than today's short-term, mercenary teamwork.

It’s actually more difficult to beat collusion teams than organic. What Luka is doing is crazy impressive

TheMan
06-04-2021, 08:10 PM
This thread is gonna look awfully dumb if the Clips win in 7 like I think they will...whatever, Luka is playing great.

tontoz
06-04-2021, 09:15 PM

Bird as a rookie was older than Luka now.

ImKobe
06-04-2021, 10:47 PM
He's 22. Kobe at 22 averaged 29/7/6 for an NBA championship and led the Playoffs in RAPM + 4th quarter ppg & TS%, was a lot harder to put up numbers in the early 2000s too.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-04-2021, 10:48 PM
He's 22. Kobe at 22 averaged 29/7/6 for an NBA championship and led the Playoffs in RAPM + 4th quarter ppg & TS%, was a lot harder to put up numbers in the early 2000s too.

:applause:

Mamba there goes that man. Put some respek on Bean's name.

kenneth_griffin
06-04-2021, 10:50 PM
boris diaw was more all around than Jordan ever was

and?

Lukas great but if he was the best scorer ever and a top 5 defender ever he would be much more valuable to the mavericks even with a few less rebounds, assists and fall away threes each game

/thread

TheCorporation
06-04-2021, 11:16 PM
boris diaw was more all around than Jordan ever was

and?

Lukas great but if he was the best scorer ever and a top 5 defender ever he would be much more valuable to the mavericks even with a few less rebounds, assists and fall away threes each game

/thread

That statement ends any chance of Jordan being top 10. Thank you for that.