PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Mavs: Commentators in race argument over Doncic Athleticism.

jmcwilliams
06-06-2021, 04:18 PM
Black guy: Downplays Luka Doncic's athleticism
White guy: What are you talking about? Didn't you see what he just did?

Why do Black folks have A hard time admitted that luka is a damned good ATHLETE! Hahah.

It is what it is.

Bronbron23
06-06-2021, 04:27 PM
Black guy: Downplays Luka Doncic's athleticism
White guy: What are you talking about? Didn't you see what he just did?

Why do Black folks have A hard time admitted that luka is a damned good ATHLETE! Hahah.

It is what it is.

I heard that too. Both were righr though. Luka is clearly a great athlete. He also dosn't have the best speed or first step. He beats guys with his savy. He uses hesitations and change of speed very well.

MrFonzworth
06-06-2021, 04:27 PM
Where's the race argument?

Foster5k
06-06-2021, 04:28 PM
Didn't Luka come in out of shape?

jmcwilliams
06-06-2021, 04:31 PM

The white guy actually said dont play down his athleticism due to his whiteness. It was just humorous. Not the first time I've heard black commentators say hes pretty good but not athletic. Larry Bird went through the same shit. Luka is far more Athletic than Bird though.

mehyaM24
06-06-2021, 04:32 PM

van gundy also said not to underrate luka's athleticism, because he is white. it was either "speed" or "athleticism" but he invoked race. not really a big deal though.

FultzNationRISE
06-06-2021, 04:34 PM
:biggums:

The entire conversation was tongue in cheek. There was no “argument.”

This kind of cringe reaction is why we cant just enjoy anything anymore

CTbasketball92
06-06-2021, 04:35 PM
I heard that too. Both were righr though. Luka is clearly a great athlete. He also dosn't have the best speed or first step. He beats guys with his savy. He uses hesitations and change of speed very well.

TBH I don't see how this is true lol. Luka has literally been blowing by almost every Clippers defender every game over the 13 playoff games they've played. Luka has a great first step. It's better than Kawhi and Paul George's, for instance. He's also elite at changing directions and is very strong and balanced.

jmcwilliams
06-06-2021, 04:36 PM

Not meant to be an argument just A funny observation.

highwhey
06-06-2021, 04:39 PM
Op is gonna get them cheeks clapped if he keeps trying to start a race war.

FultzNationRISE
06-06-2021, 04:40 PM
He typically “blows by” guys with a head fake or a ball fake. Once he gets an angle he seals and accelerates, but Chris Paul does the same thing. Theyre not explosive by NBA standards.

Doncic doesnt just burst pass guys from a stationary position the way a Westbrook or a Rose did. The idea that Luka is “fast” by NBA standards.. I just dont see it.

jmcwilliams
06-06-2021, 04:42 PM
Op is gonna get them cheeks clapped if he keeps trying to start a race war.

I'm not up on my ebonics. What is "cheeks clapped"? Sounds sexual.

Im Still Ballin
06-06-2021, 04:44 PM

This feels like a commentary on postmodern culture as a collective.

tpols
06-06-2021, 04:47 PM
Luka probably doesn't have great athlete measurables... like if you put him through an NFL combine he'd be Brady level. He's dominating with his mind and that matters more actually.

Im Still Ballin
06-06-2021, 04:49 PM
Luka probably doesn't have great athlete measurables... like if you put him through an NFL combine he'd be Brady level. He's dominating with his mind and that matters more actually.

Ok, now that's a racist microaggression.

FKAri
06-06-2021, 04:50 PM
I'm not up on my ebonics. What is "cheeks clapped"? Sounds sexual.

When someone is clapping their hands, a second person lodges their head in between the motioning hands so as to receive claps to their cheeks.

tpols
06-06-2021, 04:50 PM
He typically “blows by” guys with a head fake or a ball fake. Once he gets an angle he seals and accelerates, but Chris Paul does the same thing. Theyre not explosive by NBA standards.

Doncic doesnt just burst pass guys from a stationary position the way a Westbrook or a Rose did. The idea that Luka is “fast” by NBA standards.. I just dont see it.

Yup... He's beating people with his brain. The game is moving in slow motion for him. Every little movement is analyzed subconsciously and capitalized on at the precise moment. And his confidence is totally unbelievable. Never looks shook.

jmcwilliams
06-06-2021, 04:52 PM
This feels like a commentary on postmodern culture as a collective.

I actually feel like we are turning A corner and getting over the SJW bS. The responses in this thread are a good indication of that.

highwhey
06-06-2021, 04:54 PM
When someone is clapping their hands, a second person lodges their head in between the motioning hands so as to receive claps to their cheeks.

:oldlol: